OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

This thread is Riverfall's OOC Chatter thread. Feel free to post anything here you want. We're open to discussions, questions, fun images, anything at all is fair game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Sorak on February 21st, 2015, 6:58 pm

Hi hi,

Just dropping by to introduce my Akalak PC and invite anyone/everyone who is interested in a thread with me, to let me know so we can work something fun out for both of us! I'm all in it for the storylines, so if you got an idea or want to collaborate on one, feel free to contact me! ^^

So far I created Sorak & Magnos with very little baggage, which gives me the freedom to be as creative as I can/want to be with his past, present and future. Of course it has the downside of having less foundation, hooks and twists to work with from the get-go. But please don't let that give you the impression that he'll end up a shallow or museless character! It's just something my PC has in common with all others I have ever created to be frank, I dislike setting things in stone, at creation, and more than that..I don't like revealing too much about my PC through his CS as it takes away a bit of the fun from my posts, in my opinion..(Not quite knowing what to expact and such)..It also sometimes opens up the window for (involuntary) metagaming as well.

That's about all I wanted to ramble about for now, regarding my PC. In case you have any questions for me, everyone is welcome to PM me. :)

Looking forward to threading with y'all.

Cheers.
Sorak
Player

Words: 5056
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2015, 1:07 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on February 27th, 2015, 10:17 pm

Posting from my phone.

My nets been down two days. No idea how much longer it will be down. My small town had a huge fire where three people lost their lives. It wiped out the DSL. Season change may be late being posted. Same for the featured things. But its coming. Sorry for delays.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Caelum on February 27th, 2015, 10:41 pm

That's horrible. And I'm sorry about the dsl being out too, that can be super annoying. Don't worry about the season change being delayed. And PM or text me or whatever if you want me to handle any of it.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Hirem on February 28th, 2015, 1:23 am

Three cheers for the grade race being done by Rosela and Matthew. In the end, we all win from their little competition. ;)

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rosela on February 28th, 2015, 3:54 am

It's not a race! It's a party!! ^_^

ImageImage

And on an entirely different note - very sorry to hear about your hometown, Goss. I 100% echo Caelum's sentiments, no rush on anything and just say the word if you need help.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ssezzkero on February 28th, 2015, 4:22 am

I just wanted to pop in to also give my condolences, very sorry about the fires, I do hope things get better soon for you. :) Also, thank you Matthew and Rosela for attacking grades!

And for those I am threading with: I've finally caught up on school work and the family has left town again, I'll be back to the computer and getting replies out this weekend. :)
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 28th, 2015, 6:25 pm

The 24 hr estimate to restore service has been extended to indefinitely on my internet access. Today CenturyLink said they had no time frame at all. No idea when service will be restored. Sorry guys. My phone won't tether indefinitely either.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kavala on March 1st, 2015, 6:25 pm

I don't want to fall into the same trap I did last season by trying to finish up all my old threads before I started new ones in the new season. That worked out very badly. So I'd like to ask if anyone wants to do a thread now... meet a healer Konti, etc?

I have ideas. I'm taking ideas. And I'm going to be doing some things in RF this season with the Sanctuary (like hosting new apprentices) and building a warehouse either at the Sanc or for the Antiquities Society for storage of recovered artifacts. I think I'm going to join the Antiquities Society as well this spring if anyone wants to help me in a thread to do that.

Also, there's a possibility of discovering a new magic. There's also tons of plots out there we could do... and if we get too bored we can beat up Timothy Merced and treat him like the little vagrant badboy he is.

Anyone up for anything?

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hirem on March 1st, 2015, 7:25 pm

I'm also going to offer Hirem up for any threads this season with both newcomers to the city and familiar faces, and express interest in any threads related to beating up Timothy Mered. Just point me in his direction and I'm there. Seriously. I mean, I'll start an open thread right now where we trap Tim in a circle and hit him with sticks. Boy needs discipline.

*cough* Anyway. I'll be hitting you all up with thread ideas soon, I'm sure. Let's have an awesome Spring season, Riverfall! :)

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on March 1st, 2015, 7:36 pm

Stone him!! Think he'd show up for the thread? I'm sure we can involve some naughty Akalak boys picking on the human kid.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext