Snowed In (Imelion and Revy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nivel on December 19th, 2014, 6:54 pm

15th Day of Winter 514 AV

A snow storm had been raging without remorse for a few days, Making training next to impossible. Many squires were lounging around in the stone hallways and mess hall desperately looking for something to occupy their time. Nivel was pretty good at finding things to keep her busy but even the resourceful pycon was getting restless. She had already accumulated a small collection of buttons, thread, fabric scraps and other unwanted treasures on the first day of the storm. On the second day she started sewing the scraps together into a dress. She was actually far more successful at making a mess than she was at making a dress, to the annoyance of her roommates. Nivel spent the rest of the day tidying up but with almost nothing to do it didn't feel as menial as cleaning usually did.

On this day, Nivel was eager to try and make her dress again but with hopefully less mess involved. She had taken apart the scraps she had previously sewn together and put them in neat piles ready to be used. The pycon pulled out her large sewing kit from underneath the bed where Imellion slept and opened it up. She threaded her rather large needle (for her) and tied the ends together like Sera grey had taught her. She looked over the scraps and found two pieces she felt looked good together, One was blue with white stripes and the other was a regal looking purple. She made the first stitch through the purple and tied it off then proceeded to clumsily merge the two fabrics.

The sound of foot steps outside her door was the only thing that was able to break her concentration. She hadn't really made much mess but she quickly scrambled to tidy what little she had made. Nivel ran to her sewing kit to shove it back under the bed but it was too late the door had already opened.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Imellion on December 20th, 2014, 4:12 pm

Snow clung to Imellion's hair and face, soaking into her clothes, numbing her limbs. When she peeled her hands out of her sodden mittens, her fingernails were blue. She was shivering, and her teeth chattered. She paused at a corner, frowning. Which room was hers again? Was it down to the right? Or over to the left? She considered for several moments, pressing close to one of the flickering torches. A bit of warmth seeped into her skin. Her room was left. She remembered that now.

Imellion hurried down the corridor, water dripping onto the floors behind her. She staggered a little, and completely unexpectedly, barely catching herself on the cold stone walls in time. Just a while longer now. She practically ran the remaining distance, not even bothering to get out of people's way this time. They actually moved for her. Some small part of her mind enjoyed it, but the rest of her was more concerned with the chill that had set in through her body.

She burst into her room, hardly noticing Nivel and hew sewing kit, instead clumsily dodging around her to get to the chest with the dry clothes. She flung the lid open and yanked out her dry clothes and the blanket from her bed. Then she was peeling off the sodden felt cloak, padded linen armor, scarf, and pants, down to the undergarment she'd worn underneath, and tossed them in a small pile on the floor. Without those usual protections, the scars on her back were plain to see. A web of them, going down from her neck and crisscrossing from side to side down even to her legs.

But only for a moment as she started pulling the dry ones back on, and wrapping herself in a blanket. She plopped down onto the bed and gave Nivel a small smile, a slight flush creeping across her face.

"Hello, Nivel," She said after a moment, words coming out thick, "I... apologize for...my sudden entrance... and rude greeting." She broke off as shivering racked her body. "I'm a little... preoccupied."

She pulled the blanket tighter around her body, and then pulled the edge up over her head like a hood. She seemed to shrink a little as she pulled herself inwards to conserve body heat.

Then she noticed the sewing kit, and she blinked a few times, trying to focus in on it. Warmth and feeling had started creeping through her body again, like needles stabbing through her skin.

"A-are y-you w-working on y-your d-dress ag-gain?" Imellion leaned forward for a better look, curious. She'd never learned to sew, and certainly not a colorful dress. She could, if pushed, potentially fix a hole in a shirt or sock, but that was about it. The process of making something as complete as a dress was mind-boggling.

Avatar and post template by Avarice, Sig by Aydel
Threads: 2/3
Imellion
Player

Words: 62148
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2014, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on December 21st, 2014, 11:55 am

This bloody cold was horrible. While the woman was slightly used to it, she wasn't used to also having to wear her armor during any kind of snow. But she had to go out to get some warmer clothing to wear under her armor. So despite the horrible weather, she had gone to the shop she had been to before. The one she bought her dresses at and the shopkeepers still knew her.

Revy wanted some warm clothing for the winter and requested a bit of help from the clerks. They were all too happy to give her a hand, because they knew this woman had the money to back up almost all purchases she'd do. And eventually she left the shop with her bag filled with clothing. She had spent 186gm on two woolen cloaks, 2 woolen trousers, 2 woolen vests and 2 woolen tunics.

Returning to her room, all cold down to her lips being blue, she pushed the door open. She just turned up when Imellion asked what Nivel was doing. Revy had only recenty become their roommate, but Nivel's habit of creating a mess when she was sewing like that, had already been working on her nerves a bit. "Creating a mess again, Nivel?", she said as she started to quickly take off her armor. "Just make sure to clean it up ok, then I won't have much of a big problem with it."

She went completely stark naked, before wrapping a blanket around herself. "God I hate this cold. Especially with taht bloody rule that we have to wear our plate all the boody time.", Revy said. She was rather annoyed and it was noticeable. "But I had to go out to get some winter clothes. Otherwise I'd keep freezing like that in my armor. But what have you been up to Imellion. Don't need to ask Nivel coz I can see what she'd been doin'
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on December 24th, 2014, 3:41 am

OocSorry for the late response
Rushing in the door came a very chilled roommate, The tall folk barely noticed the pycon as she stumbled over to her personal storage closet in search of warmer clothes. As soon as Nivel got a look at who it was she let out a tiny sigh of relief, It was only Imellion. The squire with the slight build, was timid like Nivel's kelvic mount Patcha and was far too reserved to take issue with Nivel's antics.

The girl had removed her many outer layers to reveal her true form. In the brief instance before the other squire covered up, Nivel could see the many marks covering the Tall Folks body. Nivel really hadn't seen Human bodies without their clothes covering them, but she was certain that the marks were new. Being the pycon that she was, she couldn't really grasp what the significance of Imellions marks. Nivel had been informed of blemishes and scars but that doesn't mean she fully understood the harsh truth behind them. To the small clay mage they would seem like nothing other than decoration or at the very worst some wounds she received during training.

"Good day Imellion" Nivel ears twitched happily "Don't worry about your entrance I could tell you were cold" Nivel almost said this with pride since she was usually so terrible at deciphering the various emotions and feelings Tall folk felt. Nivel rarely felt cold and when she did she didn't shiver like other creatures, her limbs just became harder to move.

After her greeting she went back to her project, shoving the needle in and yanking it out through the fabric pieces she was welding together. The pycon had almost no grace in her methods, it seemed like she was attacking the dress into being rather than gently bringing it to life like Sera Grey did. Although it was to be expected from a squire with more experience fighting than sewing.

"Yes I am" Nivel nodded in response to Imellion's Question. "I'm going-" Nivel was cut short by their new roommate Remy entering the room. Nivel didn't know much about the women but she already seemed intimidating. The women was quick to give the pycon a small lecture on cleanliness as she entered the room.
"Don't worry I promise I won't make a mess this time" She pointed to the bit of organization work she had done. "See I even have them in nice little piles."
Remy removed her layers like Imellion but she lacked the marks on her back and instead of putting more on she just wrapped herself in her blankets.

"There's a rule that we have to wear armour all the time?" The statement confused Nivel who barely ever wore her armour since it had little to no practical use for a pycon. The order was extremely lax in enforcing the rule on pycons and Nivel had never been told to wear armour in her entire time as a squire.

"Oh sorry yes! I would like to know what you were doing all day too." Nivel didn't know why they would bother going outside if it was as horrible as they said. It was best to stay inside until the sky gods calmed down and find something to occupy your time.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Imellion on January 18th, 2015, 5:54 am

Imellion leaned forward further for a closer look at Nivel's project, and gave the other squire a shy smile to watch. It was an interesting thing to watch, her sewing. Imellion had never seen anyone sew like that before. Usually it was more of a gentle, delicate movement. The other squire looked like she was ruthlessly attacking the cloth, not unlike how she imagined the other Pycon she had met would sew, if he ever sewed instead of fought. She found that hard to believe though.

Then Revy burst in, full of words and irritation, as sudden as a storm, and Imellion shrank back a moment, eyes wide and face going even paler than normal. Then she relaxed and leaned forward again, watching Nivel again, and tensing when Revy addressed her.

"I...I have been running errands," She said, trying to explain what she had been doing, "For my patron. Collecting wood." Imellion shrugged, "Small jobs." She lapsed into silence. They were normal things that grounded her. Gave her a sense of routine and familiarity. It was a connection to the rest of her life, despite the trauma associated with the rest of it. Sera Lynia had had her spend a few days doing this now and then when Imellion started to look distant and detached. Sera Lynia said it was good for her.

Then Imellion remembered it was generally polite to return such questions to the first person, and she swallowed nervously to respond.

"And...what... of yourself and your activities? Did you find winter clothes?" Imellion paused for a moment to consider, "And where? I need a few more." She felt her face begin to turn red after so many words, and she ducked her head down to avoid being seen. Why was she embarrassed though? She had every right to speak, did she not? Was that not something her patron had been trying to beat into her brain since her arrival? She looked up again, making herself not shy away from any potential eye contact.

She heard the pulse in her ear speed up, and her breath began to quicken. It felt like something was trying to claw its way out of her stomach. No, not this again, She took a deep breath in and held it, feeling her pulse slow down again. That was better. Safer. Less likely to get her or others killed. If she could only keep it that way. .

Avatar and post template by Avarice, Sig by Aydel
Threads: 2/3
Imellion
Player

Words: 62148
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2014, 4:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 23rd, 2015, 2:41 pm

The woman didn't respond to the pycon as she explained that she wasn't making a mess this time. Oh well, didn't really matter. The mess she made was just a little pile cloth. She wasn't big, so the mess she made wasn't big either. It was more the fact that this tiny thing was so bad at sewing that all she did was make a mess. If he was gonna practice, why'd it have to be in their room, why not just go to that clothing shop and ask for some lessons there?

The questions of both Imelion and Nivel kind of overlapped, so she could answer them in one go. "Went to the elegant weave because I wasn't prepared at all for a winter this cold. And seeing how I had free time today, I thought I could go and get it. Wasn't cheap though. Spent over 200 gm.", she said. Revy kind of wanted to show some of it off, but she wasn't too familiar with these two yet to do something like that.

The ex-mercenary did notice that the girl seemed to be... scared? Why would she, Revy wasn't gonna bite. "Oy, I ain't biting. Just speak up. Being hesitant and all like that will just get you into trouble later.", she said, "And if you want to go shopping for clothes, I'll come along. Might get some more myself. I still feel like I dun' have enough yet." The woman just looked straight at Imelion, making that eye contact. Hopefully this girl would start showing some backbone, otherwise she'd havea lot of trouble later on.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on January 27th, 2015, 7:39 pm

“I don’t think I need more clothes but I’ll go with you if you decide to go.” Nivel chimed in. If Nivel was going to learn to sew a dress for herself she would have liked to get some inspiration or maybe just see what proper stitch work looked like. It didn’t seem like she was going anywhere with her dress, All the work she had done was lopsided and lacking any sense of craftsmanship. She broke the strand and unweaved the thread from the fabric. Nivel was left with two scraps with extra mangled ends since she was so rough with her methods.
“I wouldn’t mind going to a clothing store to get inspiration…my dress doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.”

“Hopefully you won’t need to spend as much as Revy though…200 gold mizas is a lot.” Nivel wasn’t even sure she could even carry that amount of money with her at a time, not that she had to worry about that since she had to spend what little she had on Patcha.

“If you just want to stay here maybe we could talk more about ourselves, I share a room with you but I barely know anything about you.” The pycon didn’t have much of a past with the little time she had been in this world but the tall folk always seemed to have more to say. She could maybe find out why Imellion was so fearful, although the tiny clay creature knew from her experience with her timid Kelvic mount not to pry to much with more reserved types.
“If you don’t want to share about your past maybe…you could tell me some of the things you like…I like pretty rocks..plants…and I guess I like sewing even if I’m not very good at it” Nivel forced herself not to get to excited and push Imellion back in her shell. “Oh and a good spar”

Oocsorry this post is a little short :(

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Katelyn Marks on April 16th, 2015, 11:50 am

Due Rewards

“After nourishment, shelter, and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

Nivel
Skills
➢ Observation +2
➢ Sewing +2
➢ Socialization +2
➢ Investigation +1
➢ Negotiation +1
➢ Organization +1
➢ Rhetoric +2

Lores
➢ Imellion's Scars
➢ Syliran Knights: Always Armored

Imellion
Skills
Please update your ledger and PM me once you do so I may award you for this thread.

Revy
Skills
➢ Socialization +2
➢ Rhetoric +1
➢ Observation +2
➢ Negotiation +1
➢ Planning +1
➢ Intimidation +1

Lores
➢ Negotiation: Ground Rules
➢ Syliran Knights: Always Armored
➢ Nivel: Messy Seamstress

Loot: 2 wool cloaks, 2 pairs of wool trousers, 2 wool vests, 2 wool tunics.

Consequences: -186 GM charged to ledger for new clothing.

If you have any concerns or questions about your rewards please feel free to send me a message. Also, please edit your original grade request and mark it as graded. Thank you and enjoy!
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)