Closed At Farpoint [Kelski]

Bennar meets Kelski on the Trail of Waterfalls.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

At Farpoint [Kelski]

Postby Bennar Witt on February 1st, 2015, 3:31 am

28th Winter, 514 A.V.
The Trail of Waterfalls

The frigid air cut across deceivingly thin wooden planks that made up the Trail of Waterfalls, making Ben’s personal reverie more a test of endurance. The woolen coat draped about him was pulled tight, as if his willpower and diligence would keep it from letting in the traitorous breeze. Though the wind was cold and wild, it’s chaotic path left moments of silent stillness. In those fleeting peaceful instances he could hear the creaking of the pathway, and the crunch of his own leathery boots against the thin layer of snow that covered the pathway.

The wizard could feel the wooden pendant pressed against his chest. It was warm with his body heat, almost organic in it’s sensation. He had thought of leaving it in the chest back in his apartment. The wooden presence on his chest was a constant reminder of what was lost. But upon a moment’s scrutiny of the idea, Ben found his woeful heart too weak to abandon the grief just yet. Instead he would wander through the winter’s solitude in this foreign city, with these foreign people, wondering what it would have been like.

Farpoint loomed ahead. His final destination and the point at which he would have to turn around and return to civilization. The man sighed and pulled the collar still tighter about his neck. As he walked over to a nearby bench he watched the misty escape of his own breath in the air for a moment. Of course no one was in the picnic area.

Only madmen and lonesome woeful wizards wander in such places in the middle of winter. The solitude was why he had come. Though he was constantly trying to gain social ground in the city, his social life colder and more desolate than the path he trudged now, he did value his occasional bout of nostalgic self-pity. No matter which way he swung it, and he tried to swing it a few ways, that’s all it was. Sadness primarily for his own situation. And he hated himself for such weakness.

Ben stared down a bare palm, the scar upon it muted in the cloudy twilight of the evening. He pooled his focus into that hand. Emptying his mind of all the external and internal stressors, he focused on the hand. With a push of gentle willpower, an ethereal mist of Res poured forth to reach for the air directly above the palm. Benji frowned down at it.

He waited until the tiny amount of Res was a few inches above his palm before forcing a spike of willpower to ignite it. The edge of the Res lit slowly for a heartbeat, then caught the bulk of the mass and flared up. The flame burnt like a lopsided candle, low and orange in it’s fury. And in it’s fiery depth he saw her face. But then it sizzled out and he was left staring at the scar on his now rapidly chilling hand.

Bennar Witt thrust his fists back into his pockets. He turned to the bench next to him and contemplated sitting. It was covered in a thin layer of powder which he clumsily knocked off with one leather boot. The young man plopped down on the bench and huddled into himself. He let his mind drift back to years past as his blue eyes watched his warm breath disappear, a constant gift to Morwen’s winter.
Lhavit
Ben Guide
Reimancy
Shielding
Morphing
Bennar Witt
Player

Words: 117856
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2015, 7:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

At Farpoint [Kelski]

Postby Kelski on February 1st, 2015, 6:29 pm

"It seems to me that fire would be a lot easier to make with flint and steel rather than a piece of your won soul." A voice said softly, to his right. It was feminine in nature, though the form that emitted it was shrouded in a warm fur-lined cloak that only showed a pair of sturdy leather boots beneath the swirling hemline. The hood was pulled forward and a puff of air was visible lingering around the figure as she breathed in and out in the midst of speaking.

"Nights are dangerous to be outside the city. Wouldn't inside be better? There are people in the streets, shops filled, and warm fires already lit that do not need wizards to guide them... only simple grates or an occasional push with a hot poker." Kelski said, eying the young man tentatively, wondering why he was out all alone in the dark where the wolves and other predators lingered.

"At least I have an excuse to be out in this miserable weather. My master sent me to look for glowing moonstone because Leth is full tonight." She said, opening a gloved hand and extending it outward, showing the chunks of Moonstone softly glowing in Leth's full light. She closed her fist over them and found what appeared to be a pocket in her cloak, depositing the loose stones there where the man could hear an audible set of clunks as stones fell against each other. She had quite a collection in her pocket, it seemed.

Kelski moved around the bench to get a better look at the man sitting there.

"Do you want some company?" She asked, thinking he was harmless. The girl was not alone in the dark, though it might have seemed she was. There were others out and about, others who seemed to think the man wasn't dangerous at all. At least, not for being a man. Being a mage, however, was something utterly different. Kelski listened to the shadows, often, though she rarely spoke to them when she wasn't alone. She liked their personalities, and their company helped to ease her loneliness in times of isolation, which were prominent in this stage of her life.

The girl, if the man agreed, would brush off the other side of the bench and join him. "We should build a fire somewhere close. There's a firepit just over there with stones to sit by if you wanted too, out on the beach. It would be a lot warmer than the flame in your palm." She suggested, not wanting to seem pushy, but the Kelvic was cold.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

At Farpoint [Kelski]

Postby Bennar Witt on February 4th, 2015, 8:05 am

“It’s not really about the… Nevermind.” Ben had been caught off guard by her appearance. What on earth was this woman doing out here alone? He knew his own quirks, and had long ago established the worrisome lack of common sense. But he liked to think he was special in that regard. Apparently not.

Then she showed him the stones, glowing softly with the radiance of Leth’s touch. He himself was not so much a devout person. But when he gazed at the stones he almost wanted to praise the moon god on their beauty. He nodded a quick assent at her request to sit, smiling up at her.

“Of course, of course. You eh… won’t tell anyone about that little bit of magic, will you? I was just day dreaming and it helps me focus.” Trepidation was heavy in his voice as the words barely carried to her. The wizard’s blue eyes shifted between her and the path behind her. His own stupidity was always more bitter when made a spectacle for someone else.

He watched as she brushed the thin white powder from the bench and sat down next to him. For the first time he could really get a good look at her. Her grey eyes peered out over the landscape, eyeing the fire pit nearby and Bennar was left with the impression of frigidity. Like her steel gaze was colder than the snow-caked landscape around the pair. And what an unlikely pair they were.

Ben felt utterly normal next to her. Apart from the riveting eyes that he had not dared examine too closely, her hair was a wild array of black and white. He was not quite sure what to think of the girl. The inept Witt was still trying to search pathetically for a way to ignite some social interaction when the woman suggested, pointedly, that they make a fire. Well of course they should make a fire, Ben you nitwit! It was quite cold out and only idiots let themselves blunder through the cold outdoors. You should know that, Ben. You have years of idiocy under your belt.

He jumped to his feet and ran his palms down the front of his coat. “Yes, quite a good idea. Here…” He mumbled, leaning into his paces as he closed the distance with the fire pit. “Ah, the logs are somewhat damp.” He prodded one with a finger. “They are quite damp actually, and frozen.”

Ben glanced up at her hopefully. He had no experience with such things and was actually quite useless in this type of scenario. He could, of course, conjure a flame. But whether that would set the damp logs ablaze he had no idea. The young mage was hesitant to display more of his meager power in front of a stranger.

“Ahem. I’m… What, uh.” He rubbed his hands together and shoved them under his armpits. “I’m actually pretty useless at these things.” He finally admitted, grinning widely. A gentle peel of laughter tumbled forward, riddled with self-consciousness.
Lhavit
Ben Guide
Reimancy
Shielding
Morphing
Bennar Witt
Player

Words: 117856
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2015, 7:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

At Farpoint [Kelski]

Postby Brandon Blackwing on March 2nd, 2015, 4:56 pm

BENNAR WITT

XP Award:
  • Observation +2
  • Reimancy +1
  • Socialization +1

Lore:
  • Lhavit: the Trail of Waterfalls

KELSKI

XP Award:
  • Rhetoric +1

Lore:
  • Lhavit: the Trail of Waterfalls
  • Geology: Moonstone

Notes:
This appears to have quite a bit of potential…
Benji, I really enjoyed your writing! And Kel, yours too of course, but I think I told you that already.

Also, don’t forget to deduct your seasonal expenses from your ledgers ;)

Please edit or delete your request in the request thread.
Comments, questions or concerns regarding your grade? Why not send me a PM?

credit goes to Adelaide Sitai
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)