Open keep it lit.

Alements celebrates the first anniversary of its grand opening! The party is free and open to all.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

keep it lit.

Postby Aoren on March 20th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Aoren laughed softly as the pup in his arms wriggled excitedly. He held it gently but firmly so that it didn’t fall. Isikai nudged his leg making him look down.

What?” The large black dog pawed at the ground eliciting another chuckle from Aoren. “You’ll get to play with her soon enough. Now come on, we’re already late.

Aoren had spent days pondering on the right gift to give Caelum in celebration of the one year anniversary of his business. The Alements tavern already seemed like it was a staple in Rivarian society. It had grown and it was growing still. Aoren had wanted to give a gift that could relate to that. Seeing how fond the Ethaefal was of dogs, what with his routine habit of rolling around in the dirt with them for fun, Aoren felt it a perfect match. The pup would grow as Caelum’s business did and in a small way Aoren hoped that it would also be somewhat symbolic of the relationship between the both of them. The pup wiggled again, Aoren leaned in nuzzling her with a smile.

I know you’re excited. You can hear all of the people. We’re almost there.” Isikai padded faithfully at his side. There were few places that Aoren went without the dog. Ever since purchasing him in Syliras the two had traveled a great many places together with the hound ever watchful. As trio of man and dogs stepped inside the tavern, Aoren could only smile at the commotion held within. The whole of the establishment seemed alive with excitement. He spot a few familiar faces but there were many that he either wasn’t at all familiar with or had only seen in passing. Upon entering, Isikai immediately dove into the gathering of people sniffing out Lillian eager to gobble up whatever scraps the girl might have for him. It was a game that they played, one that Aoren was well aware of but couldn’t find the heart to make it known that he knew.

It was not long before he spot Caelum. The man was adorned in his Spring colors. Each shade just as impressive as the next. He made his way through the room until he stood just a few inches away from Caelum making no attempt to hide the Imperial Watcher pup in his arms. Leaning forward he pressed a kiss to Caelum’s cheek neither caring who saw, nor in any mood to hide his excitement for the man. When he withdrew he extended the puppy.

Congratulations.

Ledger-50 GM for puppy
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

keep it lit.

Postby Ataraxia Koilos on March 22nd, 2015, 5:07 am

"Thank ye most kindly, lad."

Ataraxia eagerly took the proffered candle stub and lit it at the hearth, before tipping the flame to the tobacco-filled bowl of his pipe, carefully allowing the pipeweed inside to catch fire before swiftly removing the stub from the pipe - the dripping wax would've ruined the flavour, after all - and blew the flame out, intending to use it if his pipe went out.

He took a few puffs, sighing in satisfaction as the familiar taste filled his mouth.

He doffed his cap in greeting before speaking, after the Ethaefal introduced himself.

" 'Tis a fine establishment ye have here, Caelum. Pretty decorations here - how long you'd take ter do all this?"

He made a large wave, indicating the entirety of the interior, before taking a large, satisfying gulp from the mug of ale, looking almost sadly at the now-empty container.

"I don't suppose you have anythin' special-like to wet my throat -"

He paused, interrupted by the brushing of Lillian against his legs as she ran towards her father, escaping from the dread presence of the nightmarish Nuit.

"My, that's a bonnie bairn ye have there, lad."

OOCI do hope I haven't been too presumptuous about dictating the actions of your NPC, Caelum!
Ataraxia Koilos
Henderson!

Words: 6321
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2015, 3:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

keep it lit.

Postby Ssezzkero on March 23rd, 2015, 3:19 am

Sezkero only knew she had made the wrong choice when she could no longer turn around. With a light pull to the door, the thick wood swung open easily for her and the snake slipped into Caelum's establishment. Shi'ra, one of the Acolytes at the Tower had been bubbling with excitement over the anniversary of the popular healing Tavern, and mostly the free drinks that came with it. But as wide chocolate eyes scanned the room before her, Sezkero quickly confirmed that the Konti was not there, and so what little bravery she had drudged up to take her to such a social event had now evaporated.

Sezkero wanted to sigh out loud, but didn't dare. Only she would make up such a silly dilemma. For the days leading up to such an event in her oh-so-boring life, she had been nervous. Almost a season ago she had pleaded with the owner to teach her what he knew, but after that hardly came back. Whether it was the unusual laziness that accompanied the past few seasons, or the fact that she was contradicting herself so much, unable to decide whether she considered herself a caring enough person. Who knew, but either way all the snake needed to do was hold her head high and walk in, congratulate Caelum and attempt to smooth over her made-up embarrassment.

So the snake took another step in, realizing she had hesitated at the door too long. She didn't want to be noticed, and doing such a thing would bring attention. Her best option now was to slide into the crowd and find Caelum. As she neared the Ethaefal (and Ker was still in complete aw over his ethereal appearances), the small woman noticed that she had missed something. The man seemed to be piled up in gifts and was in the process of receiving yet another, a live gift. For a second Sezkero was taken aback. Her opinion bubbling to the surface as a rather strong question of why?. In the snakes mind she couldn't fathom giving a live mammal let alone receiving one and liking it. But then again she was a snake. It wasn't a very long thought process either before the snake remembered the two rascals she kept at home now, and how she was slowly warming up to them and their horrid mammal behaviors.

"Congratulations." Sezkero watched as the man kissed the other. She stopped closing in on him then, deciding to give the two men space. Clearly Caelum was important to this man in some way, so there was no doubt a conversation would ensue, one that she wished not to interrupt in anyway.

Instead Sezkero backed up a bit. Her eyes falling across the room once more. There had to be someone she knew that she could attach herself to them for the rest of the night, removing any issue of her venturing the strange social currents of civilization alone. Much to her surprise, her eyes found the back of Hirem's head. It was hard to confuse the tall Benshira, and a wave of relief began to wash over Sezkero, until she looked just past him.

The Witch. The snake coiled back, surprising herself by such a violent reaction to the woman. There was just something about her that set the snake inside her off and Sezkero could not understand why no one around her was so wary around her as she was. She knew they must have felt the horrid aura, but maybe not as intensely as she did, but she couldn't understand why. The strange feeling that that evil woman gave her was enough to keep her away from the man that was quickly becoming her one of her only friends in Riverfall.

And so now she was alone. Alone in a crowd of so many people, and she wasn't happy about it. Making sure she did not look as if she was sulking, the snake ventured towards the bar now, deciding to take advantage of the free drinks, for she had never actually tasted anything inside Alements. A quick glance at the menu hardly helped her decide since her taste buds were already craving a sweeter Riverfall wine, and so she found herself asking the barmaid for the sweetest variety they had. The woman looked at her a little quizzically, making sure she wanted what she asked for, but ultimately delivered the almost candy-sweet liquid in a dainty glass to her. Sezkero thanked her and sipped eagerly, she was very much a child when it came to her sweet tooth, but she hoped she would somehow resemble her age with the wine glass in hand.

Common | Snake-Tongue | Tukant | Thoughts | PC/NPC Talking
Last edited by Ssezzkero on March 23rd, 2015, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

keep it lit.

Postby Evalin on March 23rd, 2015, 9:47 pm

The Immortal's eyes wandered over the little girl Lillian as she finished her arrangement, and a small smile spread over her lips as she watched the girl wrinkle her nose at evil witch in the corner, Truly I must make this child mine before we leave this place for good. What fire she has, wonder I if her blood is just as spiced.

May the children of the world fear the approach of my master. Her appetite is insatiable. The sarcasm in his words was practically dripping, even for the usually neutral Tsenrika, and to this Evalin rolled her eyes. As Hirem approached the Immortal gave him a passing glance before looking back after the child, absently touching the gem at her neck and not turning to meet his gaze until he sat before her.

The smile slipped from her lips as Evalin tapped the table with one long nail and sighed, "Truly child you have a face that shows all and hides nothing. Certainly there are those who should fear and bow their heads before me, but never should you worry of such things when in my presence. We are companions in eternity now." She said this with slight annoyance, and disappointment, looking away from him then to eye Rosela who had just entered the building, "I would have you know, little one, that I have been courted in many walks of life including those such as this where a face of celebration and joy should be plastered on one's features for the enjoyment of others. Why when I was in the jungles of Falyndar I accompanied a queen to many such occasions as this and was made to speak and act in the most courtly of ways... if one could call such a society sophisticated in any light of course. Then again perhaps my time in Syliras would be a better example..." but Evalin would not get the chance to tell Hirem about her time in the city of knights, for thus is when Rosela approached.

Lifting her head to relieve her hand Evalin offered a half wave, more an uncurling and recurling of her fingers and the breath of a smile came upon her lips once more as she replied, "Those of the dark stay close to it oh sister of the desert. Perhaps then I shall enjoy the sun when it once more rests below the horizon." Straightening in her seat Evalin uncrossed and recrossed her legs, absently watching the door and her eyes lighted on someone that brought an even broader smile to her lips, revealing the slightly pointed teeth and elongated canines.

"Worry you not for nothing is interrupted, but surely you must be weary carrying your burden so long." briefly Evalin glanced at Rosela's stomach and back up to her eyes before flicking around her once more to trace the outline of Sezkero who had just walked in. Standing suddenly Evalin pulled the chair out farther, running one nail over Rosela's shoulder and back as she moved past her, not even looking at her as she said, "Here, take my chair. I have no need of it any longer." and then she was moving away, straight for the Dhani...

Cutting across the floor Evalin made no effort to acknowledge of speak with anyone she passed, coming straight to the bar and taking the chair right beside Sezkero. Her smile was still in place as she tapped the girl with one long nail, those red eyes going up and down and then finally searching for the woman's eyes as she said softly, "Dear Kero... How pleasant it is to see you once more. Do allow me to keep you company this night. I know how things such as this can become quite... uncomfortable if you are all alone." she chuckled and waved to the barkeep, "Please put whatever she wishes on my own tab."

Tapping the bar with one finger Evalin looked back at Sezkero, her other hand absently playing with the blue gem that hung from her neck, "How far you this season? I trust you are well and healthy?"

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

keep it lit.

Postby Ssezzkero on March 23rd, 2015, 11:04 pm

"Dear Kero..." Sezkero had never before felt her heart pick up in speed so quickly. Don't talk to me. Go away! Her thoughts pleaded with no one. The snake should have left earlier, when she had first caught sight of the terrifying woman, she should have known that this woman would see her as well. It was almost as if she was attracted to fear. Her very first instinct was to run in the opposite direction before even looking behind her to find the owner of the soft and oh-so-menacing touch, and yet Sezkero found her feet turning to allow her eyes to meet the woman's. The movement lacked the grace and finesse that she would have usually put into a twirl, instead heavy feet clumped side by side until she was face opposite the bar again. The snake forced herself to loosen her grip on the wine, afraid she would shatter the glass between her fingers. Tonight was not a night to pay, but a rare streak of defiance shot through Sezkero, and she stuck one hand in her pocket to search for the appropriately sized coins. Quickly, she slid it across the counter, it was a more graceful movement, now that Sezkero was not caught by surprise, but a loud one nonetheless. She would not comply with this woman or hope in any way to show kindness to her. "How pleasant it is to see you once more. Do allow me to keep you company this night. I know how things such as this can become quite... uncomfortable if you are all alone."

I'd much rather be alone. The comment did not pass her lips which were now pressed into a thin line. She didn't dare say anything offensive to the woman, as she doubted a crowded tavern would shield her. She knew nothing about this crimson-eyes demon, but she had guessed that whatever powers this woman held were likely as terrifying as simply being around her was. A fleeting glance found Hirem, curious as to why he conversed with such a terrifying woman, even though it had been brief. But in a tick her brown eyes were turned back up towards the woman.

"How far you this season? I trust you are well and healthy?" Sezkero dropped her eyes, which only locked on the blue gem that she played with at her neck. She realized that she didn't even know the woman's name. The scarlet eyes had come and gone so quickly that day, and it wasn't as if Sezkero wanted to ask. But hearing such a normal conversational topic was foreign to Sezkero. She half expected the woman to start cackling and sink her claws into Ker's neck and simply rip the smaller woman apart with no issue or reason for doing so.

"Fine." Sezkero spat through teeth she didn't even know were clenched, but surprised herself when no hiss followed. Whether it was fear or anger, she wasn't sure. The best she could do now is calm herself. If she was right, and this woman was attracted to the Iyvess' irrational fear, then all she needed to do was grow a pair. A forceful gulp introduced her next words.

"I-I asssssume the sssame?" Her voice was shaky but Sezkero allowed a small sip of her drink, which had turned sour in her mouth. Be calm. She reminded herself, pulling her eyes back up to the red irises above her with great effort. "I don't believe I got your name lasssst time... we met." And then she dropped her gaze, chocolate eyes flitting around the room once more. It hardly seemed as if anyone noticed the witch, let alone was screaming in the other direction as she wanted to. I have nothing you want! Sezkero wanted to scream at the woman. Leave me alone! She was nothing, did nothing, other than went to temple for a Goddess that had no quarrels with the others. She walked to work and home every day and hardly did any different. Oh yeah and you are actually a giant water snake and no one knows. Sezkero winced at her own thoughts but immediately struggled to compose her face again.

"What do you want?" The words were stronger now, and finally broke through after receiving the demon's name. Her nerves were not calmed, but they no longer dictated her reaction. And while she didn't want to be in the woman's presence, she had decided she would not be the first to cower away. She would allow this woman to get bored and go on her own. She would get bored, wouldn't she?

Receipt :
-5 gm for specialty wine.

Common | Snake-Tongue | Tukant | Thoughts | PC/NPC Talking
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

keep it lit.

Postby Caelum on March 25th, 2015, 1:31 pm

A welcoming smile was cast Rosela when she walked in. The advancing state of her pregnancy was considered with a physician’s eye and before she stole away he leaned in to touch a kiss to the height of her cheek. “Glad you came,” he told her with simple honesty, and it was not until she slipped off that he realized the present she had left behind for him. It was lifted from the chair even as he sunk into a slump against the end of the bar, moving away from the door. Setting down the bottle of degtine, he tugged at the twine with lazy fingers and returned a nod to Ataraxia.

“Thank you,” Caelum said with a quick, wry smile. He cast an amiably amused glance over his “fine establishment”. “I’m rather fond of it myself. How long? Well –“ He paused to consider while pulling back the burlap wrapping Rosela’s present. A pleasantly surprised smile was given the aprons and he fingered the sunset orange lettering of Alements with admiration. The Eypharian seamstress was incredibly skilled. “Ah, about half a year, I’d say? Though there was considerable planning a good season in advance of that. About halfway through I found this place and made the purchase. A close friend did a great deal toward helping me put everything together. Nobody does anything good and lasting alone, eh?”

He nodded his head toward Stye when he arrived nearby to greet their guest. “This is my friend and employee, Stye. I’m afraid I didn’t catch your name, sir?” An inquiring look was turned on Ataraxia. “And what do you fancy? Is there anything ailing you? There’s some of the best Riverfall wine available and rumor is I may have a small store of Kenashian rum in the back…”

Glimpsing Kero as she slunk in, Caelum lifted a hand in greeting to his occasional student before her attention turned to Evalin. Curiosity and, perhaps, a touch of surprise colored his expression as he observed their interactions for a few a moments. One hand dropped lightly to smooth down Lillian’s hair as she arrived at his side to clutch at his pant leg and then to sort of bounce around him. He ended up handing her the package of aprons so that she could finished unwrapping them and admire them excitedly, he turned back around to find himself face to face with Aoren. The crowd itself had temporarily blocked out his awareness of his fellow healer and as Aoren leaned in to kiss him, two of gnosis marks pulsed with recognition and he smiled a far more private smile.

“Hey. Thanks, love. I’m glad you…” He trailed off as suddenly there was a puppy. Delight lit him up along with incredulity. It was an honest joy that pulled itself over him and seemed to remind all that he was beloved of the dawn, goddess of the sun, sight, energy, and also of joy. “What in the.. Aoren, it’s a dog.” Obviously. The dark puppy wriggled in his arms and nosed up to snuffled under Caelum’s chin and lick at his cheek. “Ah now, it’s just a baby. Hey there. Hi. Yes, hello to you too. Aoren, he – she? She’s for me? Seriously? That’s my ear, puppy, c’mere. Let me get a better look at you…”

Falling in and out of addressing Aoren and addressing the dog, Caelum held the puppy up and a little bit away so that he could get a good gander at it. This resulted only in the puppy snuffling right up to his nose as Lillian stared, little mouth bowed with surprise. She even forgot to hand Isikai a piece of cheese when he came padding up.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

keep it lit.

Postby Ataraxia Koilos on April 29th, 2015, 4:41 pm

"Eh, well..." Ataraxia's grin faltered for a few moments, before it returned in full force.

"I s'pose so - not that I'd ken it meself, I don't have the brains for such a thing. Name's Ataraxia, Caelum. My faither's name is Koilos - just call me by mine, no need to be so formal 'ere."

Ataraxia noted the steady stream of guests bearing gifts to Caelum, and inwardly winced, realising that bringing a gift - even a small one - was the social norm for such occasions, especially if someone was celebrating the success of his business.

The word "rum" set alight a fire in his eyes, and Ataraxia spoke eagerly.

"Rum, y'say? My, I ain't drunk a dram o' that since half a season back - muckle darned cousin drank every drop left on his palavar."

He slowly let the smoke in his mouth out through his nostrils, savouring the warm, thick sensation thoughtfully before continuing.

"Though I never tasted Kenash's drinks before... May as well start now."

Ataraxia observed the over-affectionate nature of the puppy in action with some amusement - not that it wasn't enjoyable to have a soft, furry little creature to cuddle, but he'd take a day of quiet enjoyment with Kyrie on his lap over slobber and a furry bundle of energy any time.

"I kinda feel a 'lil bad about not bringing a gift ter congratulate you and all that... Guess I'll just have to come here more often."
Ataraxia Koilos
Henderson!

Words: 6321
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2015, 3:13 pm
Character sheet

keep it lit.

Postby Caesarion on August 2nd, 2015, 10:05 pm

Grades, my darling, grades

Caelum
Lore:
Alements: One Year Old!
Yra's Gift
Hirem's Gift
Anniversary Attendees
Rosela's Gift
Aoren's Gift
Riverfall's Tensions

XP:
Gardening: 1
Planning: 1
Bodybuilding: 1
Socialization: 2
Animal Husbandry: 1
Hosting: 2
Business: 2

Loot: A Puppy From Aoren, Degtine from Hirem, Aprons from Rosela

Aoren
Lore:
A Gift For Caelum

XP:
Animal Husbandry: 1
Seduction: 1

Loot: -50 GM

Evalin
Lore:
Stye, Lacking In Modesty
"Fire And Blood"
Caelum's Social Connections
Make Lillian Mine

XP:
Observation: 2
Intimidation: 1
Persuasion: 1
Investigation: 1

Sezkero
Lore:
Lost In A Crowd
Evalin: Intimidating Presence

XP:
Observation: 1
Socialization: 1
Intelligence: 1
Investigation: 1

Loot: -5GM

Stye
Lore:
Need Clothes For A Public Event!

XP:
Socialization: 2
Observation: 2

Yra
Lore:
Bittersweet Resentment

XP:

Loot: -7.75 GM, Burgundy Linen Tunic, Fine Wool Pants, Embroidered Leather Belt, Leather Riding Boots

Hirem
Lore:

XP:

Loot: -20 GM

Rosela
XP:
Tailoring: 1

Lore:
Alements Aprons
Strange Conversations: Hirem and Evalin

Gwin
Lore:

XP:
Instrument (Violin): 1

Ataraxia
Lore:

XP:
Observation: 3
Socialization: 3
Persuasion: 1

Additional Comments: I know, just know, that I probably forgot something haha. There was like ten people! I'm sorry! :((
But yeah - interesting thread. Very tense. Enjoy your grades!

If you have concerns, questions or praise (inmydreams;_;) for your grade, drop me a PM and we'll do a number!

Caesarion
Your world was burning, and I stood watching.

Words: 415638
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous