Closed Connections to the Past

(Ignotus) Ricky seeks out answers by going to the only one who can grant him access to such impossible things.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Connections to the Past

Postby Ricky Maze on March 3rd, 2015, 3:57 am

Connections to the Past
Spring 2nd 515 AV, 9th Bell

He didn't intend to waste time or beat around the bush with this kind of request, given that the Lord of Council had plenty of business to attend to, it would be easier to just get in and get an answer so he could possibly leave faster. For all he suspected a mere no would be the likely answer, unless of course Ignotus had some sort of plan or favor in mind that Ricky might as well play in part of. Who knows. Really enough questions remained already and they set Ricky to the point where what ifs no longer mattered, it had become time to find answers the moment he started reading that stupid journal he'd received. Which is what he'd been doing now while he waited to be allowed into the office, there hadn't been much need for fast pace movement today it seems, either that or they didn't really appreciate walk ins. Had Ricky thought to have made an appointment before hand he certainly would have, but he didn't care how long it would take for him to get to what he wanted.

He sought answers. Ever since he started reading the journal he'd come find that Burten was more than just a little paranoid, from what it looked like the man went insane from the time spent isolated. That appeared later in the book however, seeing as he became more and more afraid of the supernatural. There were things like some sort of a journeyman following him, spirits that haunted his dreams, even voices of the unknown whispered out of thin air apparently. Then there was something about a never ending song, but he didn't go any further into that section of the book for reason of spite against the man. Right now though he sat there in the same chair with eyes glued to the page he read over, the final message that had been written to his own son before he wound up walking into his death. He probably did it t' himself fer all Oi know...

He thought that but then he wondered if there might've been some sort of reference found in the book somewhere, to explain what exactly could've happened had Burten really known his time was coming. Even after rereading the first two pages that had been a message directed to him, Ricky still found it difficult to face whatever other crazy shyke could possibly be written in the damned thing, and he hadn't even gotten to the part where Burten would explain how he found the other siblings the fisherman actually had. So many secrets.... so many lies... From what Ricky knew Burten never really lied to him as a child, he always seemed straight forward and honest. Now it just seemed like the man was nothing but a hypocrite the whole time, though that more or less fell into perspective really.

"Mr. Maze," Mr. Johnson exited from the door to Iggy's office, "The Lord of Council is ready to meet with you."

"Thank ya kindly sir." Ricky responded politely as he rose to his feet, he didn't realize he had sat for very long, until the tingles in his legs flared to warn him that a leg fell asleep. With the chance to meet with Iggy finally present though he didn't waste anytime, at this point the sooner he asked for access to those records the sooner he would know if he had a means of finding answers. "G'day Lord o' Council!" The fisherman greeted as he walked into the office, a grin on his face as he kept his hands casually dipped in his pocket, the journal of course remain tucked within his jacket until he had further need of it.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Connections to the Past

Postby Ignotus Everto on March 12th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Ignotus was lounging behind his desk, clad in a fine shirt and slacks. A report on fishing yields floated shakily in midair, manipulated invisibly ( and somewhat clumsily) by astral fingers. The Nuit seemed to be in an exceptionally good mood when Ricky entered. Indeed, as food poured back into the city and the effects of the famine shrank, the Lord of Council had eased back into his familiar swagger. "Please, call me Ignotus." the wizard drawled. "I think we've known each other long enough Ricky."

The paper set itself down and Ignotus slowly flexed his fingers to make sure everything reattached properly. "I never did get to thank you for your handling of the mob outside last season. That could have turned out quite nastily."
Thin tendrils of pride and pleasure at helping his city wrapped around Ricky as Ignotus said this. "Your determination and resourcefulness make me happy to call you a friend, Ricky."

A faint flush of fuzzy flattery perked up in Ricky at the word "friend."
"But this is a new development- your coming to me. Tell me Ricky, what brings you to my office?"
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Connections to the Past

Postby Ricky Maze on March 13th, 2015, 6:55 am

Upon entrance he found it odd to witness the pages as they floated about, even more so once they seemed to neatly return to their place after he entered to greet the Lord of Council. When Ignotus issued for Ricky to call him just by name the fisherman gave a chuckle, amusement suddenly found as he felt it odd that such an elected official would prefer him such humility. "Well if d'ats what ya want, Oi see no typical reason why not." He humored with reason and a shrug to add into effect, although admittedly he hadn't honestly considered calling him much of anything. Lord of Council just seemed all right and proper even though it were just a title, now as far as names went Ricky could think of several others he'd submit to other than "Ignotus", but of course he wouldn't do that for the sake of keeping his head attached to his shoulders in the event things turned sour. "Thank me?" He interjected questionably as though he were humbled but confused, then with the enlightenment on the subject the sense of understand flickered into his expression. "Ah, roi. Oi just did what felt necessary at de time, we need a city dedicated t' helpin' itself an' de people are capable o' doin' it."

He made it sound easy and simple with that sort of reasoning, but it had only been a facade to hide the truth at best. In all honesty would you say "I did it just so I can knock you down myself when the chance first arises" to one of the greatest public icon's in the city? No. If he were to play it smart then Ricky would find his own role in this whole political game that was about to begin, or maybe it had already begun and he'd just now accepted the challenge. Either way the fisherman wasn't going to let himself just sit idly by like a loyal hound dog, no when the chance would come he would take the challenge and face this man down whether he was truly a monster or not. Still that didn't help the fact Ricky felt pride in his actions, whether it be through Ignotus' own magic affect or his own personal satisfaction, that truly didn't matter when one considered it now did it? "Really t'ough Oi couldn't 'ave been happier t' help out."

He crossed his arms as his lips cracked into a grin, as he wasn't sure how he felt about being referred as a friend at first. Really he felt initial flattery once it had sunken in but where there existed difference of feeling, that stirred awareness that the Nuit might even be using his parlor tricks even now. Of course why reveal that you suspect such a thing, when a casual grin and nod could easily play the part well enough. "It's good t' hear ya t'ink o' me d'at way, its hard t' make such friends in high places 'fter all." That much had certainly been true for Ricky but that had only been because of his own inaction, had he the initiative to act beforehand surely he would have better connections than he did now. Soon though. Zeltiva is ripe with people in high places, all he needed to do was investigate and poke around, then he would sort through the clutter and find out which people were the real 'friends' he needed for this. How come Oi'm startin' t' enjoy d'is sort o' shyke. He wondered as Ignotus addressed the fact he had actually came for a visit, which is rare for Ricky to do granted he preferred to stay as far away as possible.

"Fortune and fame me friend." He mused with a slight grin on his face, hopeful it might've brought a chuckle out of the Nuit at least. "Seriously though Oi need names. Oi've taken t' do a bit o' research on me family from d'is here." He dragged the book out of his pocket to flash it in front of Ignotus. "My own father's keepsake before he died, its chock full of shyke and more horse shyke. Believe it or not t'ough Oi t'ink it's led me somewhere, which is why Oi came 'ere t' ask if Oi could git access to Zeltiva's personal records. Start by trackin' down where de Maze name began and see where it hopefully originated from, if d'at is at all hopefully possible." While he explained all this he did so with arms crossed in a proud manner, his stance tall as he deemed it a worthy investigation to occupy his time. Who knows he might after all come to learn other important things too, things he could use to his advantage when he made his move in the political game he felt ready to jump in.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Connections to the Past

Postby Ignotus Everto on May 30th, 2015, 8:26 pm

The Hypnotist pursed his lips at Ricky's request. "Research? For what? Personal gain? If so, what does he need me for? Where is it leading him?" These were all pertinent questions. Questions that Ignotus would have answered, because now he had something Ricky wanted. "The city's public records are free to browse." said Ignotus, his brow furrowing. "I don't see where I come in, unless there's something you aren't telling me."
Accompanying this sentence was a faint suggestion. No reason not to be open. After all, it was the best way to get what he wanted.
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Connections to the Past

Postby Ricky Maze on June 7th, 2015, 10:49 pm

At Ignotus's incentive with the public records being open to all Ricky found himself in a bit of a confused state, as he'd heard otherwise that access to any form of records like this would require permission. From the Lord of Council no less. Had he heard wrong? It hardly seemed to matter at this point, Ignotus had already been filled in enough and likely found something to mull over, granted it posed an interesting fact in regarding Ricky needing him for this. Then came the idea that there wasn't any harm in opening up about this, seeing as how it proved to be a harmless investigation at this point. Still it could be one Oi could use t' turn around t' me advantage quickly. He mentally regarded as he withdrew into a shell of consideration for a moment, of course he couldn't give away the entirety of his intent to the one figure he deemed dangerous.

"Nothin' grave Oi assure ya, it just involves lookin' over every census record taken in de city. Oi'd been misinformed 'bout needin' yer permission, but since Oi'm 'ere now Oi'd like t' ask a couple o' t'ings." He wondered more or less if this hypothetical nonsense would bring a bit of ease into things, before he would pose another matter that could likely distract Ignotus from the real intent. "If Oi'd gone back t' d Wave Guard an' signed up, and Oi wanted t' work fer de rank o' Captain, would Oi 'ave yer support in de matter if such an occasion occurred?" He posed as he hoped it would intrigue the Nuit, he pretty much rested his hands into his pockets as he awaited an answer.

"In truth Oi was wanderin' if ye might know anyt'in about Gaius Sivet? He's de bastard who was related t' de asylum breakout last year, de one d'at managed t' slip away when we 'bout had him. He was after somet'in in de Labyrinth o' Time, so Oi t'ought if Oi came t' ya t' poke around a lil' Oi might finally find out somet'in Oi missed before." He reasoned with an innocently curious tone, hopeful that Ignotus might actually buy into that instead. Believe it or not it actually seemed tempting to simply say, "I'm curious about you're background," but Ricky already knew that would pose a dangerous threat on Iggy's terms. Something he best avoid unless he wanted to provoke the fire, something he wanted to avoid seeing as how he'd already started to play with flames. Avoiding burns now seemed to be all the more beneficial for later courses in his career, seeing as neither one of the men here hardly had dirt on one another at this time.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Connections to the Past

Postby Net on September 5th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Ricky – Please go through your Character Sheet and address the following issue:
Most people list it in their thread list like so:

Fall 515AV Threads
15th - Observing The Trees! - 5 xp Observation, Lores: Trees: How to Identify them, Tree Species: Oak, Elm, Hemlock traits.
30th - People Watching - 5 xp Observation, Lores: (list of lores here)
45th - Searching For A Cure - 2 xp Observation, +5 Medicine. Lores: (insert lores here)
60th - Socializing In The Park - 4 xp Socialization (list of lores here)

We've always required this to be TRACKED in your CS. If you aren't tracking this in your CS, then you need to go back through ALL YOUR THREAD AWARDS and backtrack and track it from the beginning.

You can find the full post in the Founder's PSA thread; page 7 labeled: Character Sheets!
Iggy: Projection +1

Lores: Ricky is a friend: Resourceful and Determined

Thank you to Sayana for this lovely template.
I will be handling all Zeltiva related posts on Tuesdays @ 1800 my time *
Net
Ensnaring

Words: 46023
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 4:39 am
Race: Staff account
Office