Closed Ad Fundum (Turrin, Sira and Dru)

It's Turrin's Birthday; no one goes home sober

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Ad Fundum (Turrin, Sira and Dru)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on April 3rd, 2015, 12:15 pm

x
Day 90 of Spring 515AV
Evening
Inclement Weather

“I’m not joking,” the bat said seriously, taking a sip from his drink and scowling at the Inarta female standing next to him. It was evening, but because it was still rather early, there wasn’t a huge crowd gathered inside the huge room that was the Inclement Weather. The music was not as wild as it could be, the musicians waiting for more people who would go wild upon hearing the tunes of their instruments. Brandon had discovered this place after the search for the missing Yasi, where their merry band of misfits had enjoyed a drink. Because Brandon enjoyed having a good time, and because this place was just about as close to the pubs in Lhavit as it could get in Wind Reach, he had found himself in the party-cave more times this season than he had fingers on one hand.

It didn’t matter to him he actually had to work the very next day. If he didn’t feel like teaching he’d just have the Yasi fight each other in a tournament and pretend he was paying attention. Or maybe he’d just let them run for a bell and a half, while he recovered from a potential hangover. Either way, the Kelvic was leaning on the bar, accompanied by a rather attractive Inarta girl he’d met when asking for a drink. She’d been standing next to him, and they’d started a conversation. What the subject had been couldn’t be recalled by Brandon, but he couldn’t care less. Right now he was discussing the tremors felt the past season. “Either the mountain’s going to blow, or a huge quake is coming. I don’t like it one bit. There’s no reason for bats to leave their roost during the day, unless there’s danger approaching.”

He took another sip, savoring the taste of the honeyed whiskey while swirling it around in the iron cup. It was rather clever not to use glass in a place like this; drunk people were unpredictable, and the bat had to admit that he’d flung his mug to the other side of the room a couple times when intoxicated enough. Wine and champagne did get a glass though, probably because the people who weren’t as rowdy drank it. Or because those people enjoyed sitting at a table when drinking over dancing in the middle of the dance floor with their drinks in hand. “I’m telling you, something’s about to happen, and we’re not going to like it.” The rest of the alcoholic liquid was poured into his mouth, and the cup was placed back on the bar.

“Yeah, those tremors had me worried as well, but I think you’re being a little to grim here,” she smiled, taking a rather ladylike sip from her glass of red wine. “It’s not like we’ve never experienced something like this before you know. There have been worse tremors and nothing happened. I’m sure it’s just the mountain grumbling a bit, nothing to worry about.” Brandon shook his head. Nothing to be worried about? He’d seen the faces of the Inarta around him when a tremor had shook the mountain; they’d been terribly afraid. And those that hadn’t been terrified had displayed an expression of worry. “Besides, this is hardly the time and place to go thinking about that kind of stuff. Lighten up, have fun! Drink some more,” she shrugged, signaling the bartender to refill her glass and Brandon’s cup both.

She was right of course, and the bat decided to cast aside his suspicions and talk about happier things. At one point or another, his companion wanted to know just what the bat did in the city, what his profession was. “I’m a teacher,” the thief replied, nodding his head slightly. “You are? Oh, that’s a coincidence! So am I!” She seemed rather excited about it. “I haven’t seen you around the Learning Gallery though…”
“That’s because I am the unarmed combat teacher,” Brandon grinned, “I don’t really go to the Learning Gallery.”
“Oh, so you’re the one! I must say that the Yasi are a lot easier to manage when they attend my classes after yours than the other way around.” She laughed heartily. Brandon chuckled. “Well, I make them sweat more than they would like to,” he admitted, taking a sip from his new drink. “Though they stopped complaining after a while. I’m not sure why. Not that I want them to complain, mind you-”
“They probably like you,” she spoke, emptying her glass rather quickly, “Because you don’t give them homework.” Once more she burst out in laughter, this time almost choking. The alcohol was probably the cause.

For a while longer, the bat continued talking to the teacher, until she decided it was late enough, and she had to work the next day, so she had to leave. “It was nice talking to you Brandon,” she claimed, placing her wineglass on the bar. “Likewise,” the thief responded, “feel free to pay me a visit sometime. You know where to find me,” he smiled, implying nothing at all. “Sure thing,” she answered, “that goes for you too.” And with that, she was off, swimming through the crowd and making her exit. Brandon then returned his attention to his drink and took a gulp of the sweet alcohol, and sighed. Maybe he should look around to see if he could find someone he knew.

x

credit goes to Euthisa
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Drusilla on April 3rd, 2015, 6:00 pm

Drusilla had come to The Weather looking for Sira, and if there was anyplace (besides her bedding someone in her Aeries) to find her this was the place. The music was in full swing bass pounding bliss. Or it was bliss to most... But to one who stuck out like a sore thumb it was less heaven and more embarrassment with people staring and whatnot. This was the day she and Sira were supposed to meet, right? The Symenestra believed so.

With a sigh she took a seat at the bar, however she waved the bartender away and ordered nothing. But this bar hand was rather persistent making a few more attempts to get her to order, and while Drusilla disliked using this tactic on people... She bared her fangs, "If I wish to order, I will let you know. Now stop buzzing about me like a fly." The bar boy scurried away as fast as his legs could take him. Good. Leave her be.

Now somewhat comfortable with her surroundings in general, she began to look at her fellow Weather revelers. She could only hope she didn't know anyone very well here. After all she was trying to avoid Turrin, even if it was his birthday. Everything was looking good until a giant ego caught her eye. Brandon. If there was ever proof to the saying 'No good deed goes unpunished.' It was sitting on the other side of the bar, already well on his way to being drunk. "Damn bat. Well at least I won't be bringing stray animals home for a good while..." She sighed her only hope was not being noticed by a creature who had a good nose and knew her scent like the back of his hand. Oh well she'd ignore him for now...

Drusilla returned to her thoughts and for once they weren't of her work or sewing. In fact she wasn't sure what her thoughts exactly were, but they needed to be sifted through none the less.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sira on April 3rd, 2015, 10:03 pm

Sira had noticed the tremors as well, everyone had of course, but she did not think much of it. Tremors happened from time to time, they rarely meant anything, and you could not spend every moment of your life worried about whether or not the mountain was going to come down. If the gods decided to destroy Wind Reach there was nothing anybody could do about it, and so Sira tried not to think about it too much. She certainly hadn't been thinking about it when she first entered the Inclement Weather.

For a time she danced, though things were not as wild as they usually were, and that gave people more room to do fancier things. During the busy bells the Weather was a hot, sweaty sea of red headed bodies moving in rhythm to the beat of heavy drums. You could barely hear the other instruments playing, and any sort of organized dance was out of the question.

Sira swayed with a group of Inarta as she watched a couple across the cave dancing. The musicians were playing a familiar song, though Sira did not know the name of it, and it was clear the dancers were moving in time with it. She watched as they twirled away from each other, arms outstretched to their sides, and they slowly moved around each other in a wide circle before coming back together again, hands interlocking and bringing their bodies very close. The dance, when they circled, looked almost like they were flying around each other.

"Hey, what are they doing," she asked one of the people dancing near her.

"Who?"

"Those two over there."

"Uh.. Dancing."

The man gave her a sly look, which Sira returned with a glare. He must have been an Avora at least, though you couldn't tell from the way he was dressed. No chiet would risk a sarcastic remark like that to a higher caste, and Sira was obviously at least an Avora herself.

"Obviously. I meant why kind of dance. Does it have a name."

"Oh, um.. Eagle Soaring, Soaring Eagle.. eagle something, I think."

Sira nodded and watched the couple for a while longer, saying nothing else to the man. They did look like they were flying, if you had never experienced true flight yourself, that is, and the patterns reminded Sira vaguely of the mating flights real wind eagles would do for each other. After a while Sira grew thirsty and lost interest in the dancers, turning her attention to the bar instead, where she spotted Drusilla waiting. Perfect timing... assuming that the Symenestra hadn't been waiting for the entire time Sira had been dancing, that is.

"There you are," Sira exclaimed over the music, as if she'd been searching for Drusilla for some time. "You ready to have some fun."

Sira called to the bartender as she sat down, asking for a pair of strong, sweet drinks for the two of them, not realizing that Dru had already turned down several chances to get a drink on her own, and glanced over at Brandon.

"Who's your friend?"

Sira fished in her pocket while she waited for the answer, producing a random amount of pinions to pay the bartender. It was probably more than necessary, Sira didn't really know or care, but she found that paying people tended to get her better results than if she simply used her endal status to get what she wanted. It was too much, nineteen pinions to be precise, but the bartender said nothing as he scooped up the money.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Turrin on April 4th, 2015, 4:57 am

I don't like the shaking at all, Turrin. It sounds like the mountain is groaning. I think we should stay away from the mountain for a week or so...

Crossing his arms, Turrin looked at the giant raptor, shook his head, and said out loud, “Aren't you being a little paranoid, Aponivi? I understand that you still have nightmares about the Djed Storm, bu...”

The proud wind eagle swung his head around, stared directly into the eyes of Turrin, and said mentally, I don't have Nightmares! You are the one who has nightmares, Myrian. Not me...!

Turrin knew that Aponivi was a passionate for a wind eagle, and the raptor and him often got into heated discussions about all sorts of topics. He decided to drop it since he knew that he wasn't going to win. However, the wind eagle was correct about the nightmares that he often suffers about the events during the Djed Storm. It was a dark time for the half breed after the death of his family, so he understood why the wind eagle was concerned for his endal's well being. The myrian ran both his hands through his burgundy hair and said with a frown, “Aponivi, I really need a break that why I am taking the next three days off to celebrate our birthday. I know you love it out there in the wilderness, but sometimes it nice know that I don't have to wipe my ass with a pine cone for a few days. Besides, I owe it to Drusilla to stay in the home that she decorated for me.”

Aponivi looked at Turrin and responded, It might be nothing, but I need to leave for a few days. I just can't stay here with all this noise. It driving me crazy, Turrin...

Turrin knew the wind eagle couldn't understand the pains of being a humanoid. The endal knew wind eagles were intelligent creatures, but they were still creatures instinct too. Turrin could tell the wind eagle has been agitated all week, so the endal did his best not to excite the wind eagle even further. The myrian figured it would be best for the wind eagles state of mind to leave, so the endal said with a smile, “You know you worry to much, Aponivi. I will be fine. Enjoy yourself out there my friend.” Aponivi didn't say a word as the wind eagle walked to the edge of the cave and jumped off the cliff.

Turrin watched him fly off and started to wonder if he should have taken the wind eagles advice and just leave the mountain city. However, he knew that he spent way to much time from the city as it is. He just wished the what-ifs would just go away. Turrin turned away from the windy opening in Aponivi's living area and walked into the aeries. Before he decided to celebrate, the endal reached into his pocket and took out the key Drusilla gave him. Walking to the door, Turrin unlocked the door and walked inside the room. The endal could tell this was the room that Drusilla put most of her love and care into it. Even if the room was made to honor the dead, the fresh flowers, fruit, and incense gave the room a life of it's own. The myrian walked over to the alter where is sisters and mother's skulls were placed and said to his sister skull, “Happy Birthday, Kaya...”

Turrin wasn't normally interested in going to Inclement Weather since he usually to tired from training to join the revelry and debauchery of the only night club in Wind Reach. However, after the spring, the endal had to endure. The myrian needed a night to just let loose and go wild with his red headed brethren. When he got to the club, he could tell that their was line forming at the entrance, so the endal got in line and waited for his turn to enter. Suddenly, he heard a loud female voice yell to the crowd, “Right now the club is full!”

Turrin heard a collective sigh from the party goers in the line. He figured that he would get into eventually, so the endal leaned up against the stone wall and waited his turn. The myrian was amazed that the line didn't move at all in the thirty chimes. He could see a lot of the people in line came with a group of friends, so it wasn't surprising that they had a hard time getting into the club. Also Turrin could tell the frequent party-goers had a look about them. All of them looked like they were in a daze as they swayed back and forth to the beat of the drums. The myrian heard rumors that drugs were common place in here, so he wasn't surprised that he was surrounded by drug addicts. Turrin noticed that some of the men decided to paint their faces with different designs while the women wore elaborate bryda and vinati. The myrian could tell their caste by the either the design or the fabric on their clothing. Also, he could tell their wealth by the different decorations in their hair. Some weaved fine chains of precious metal throughout their hair, or they tied colorful glass beads or jewelry into their hair. However, Turrin eyed a pretty girl with curly red hair because she had feathers tied into her crimson locks. The myrian smiled to himself when he realized that he figured out why his mother tied jewelry and feathers into his hair when he was younger because she must have frequented the Weather before she left her city as a teenager.

Turrin decided look at the ground as he waited for the line to move. Suddenly, he felt someone lean up against him. Looking up from the ground, he looked over and saw a pretty young woman with silver woven throughout her hair. On each side of her head were two teardrop glass decorations tied into her red hair. Turrin looked at her clothing and the myrian could tell that she was avora or a endal just by intricate detailing in her vinati. Realizing he was staring at her breasts, Turrin advert his eyes. The endal was terrible with woman, so the endal said the first thing that came to mind, “Does this line ever move?”

The woman nuzzled against his shoulder, looked up at him with a dreamy look in her eyes, and shook her head, and said with small laugh, “You are so eager to do...something. Just let the moment come when it comes, and let the line move when it wants to move.” The endal rose a eyebrow at the woman because she was clearly in her own little world at the moment. The intoxicated woman put her hand on his chest and looked down at his bryda. When she looked up, the woman said with a smirk, “You must be a chiet because you smell like a forest. Are you a game scout? You must be my little game scout...”

Turrin rose a eyebrow because he knew that he took a bath before he left his aeries, so he smelled his shoulder and realized the woman was smelling the incense on his skin. Looking down at his bryda, the endal realized that he wasn't in his nice bryda either at least it was clean. Turrin was still wearing his beat up bryda that he normally wore in the wilderness. He groaned inwardly when he realized that he had a couple holes in his knees. He must look like a complete idiot to the rest of the Inarta in line. The endal quickly realized that he doubt that he wasn't going to be judged by this crowd since half of them don't know where they were anyways.

Suddenly the woman started to tangle his hair in between his fingers and whispered in his ear, “Well...I guess I have you trapped my little game scout, so now you will have to entertain me all night this is going to be fun...” He gave the woman a confused looked when she started to giggle to herself. Luckily the music's bass line started to pick up and the woman closed her eyes and started to sway to the music. Turrin just started at her with utter bewilderment as she started to dance in line.

Suddenly, the he heard the sound of the female bouncer yell to the line, “Alright, You know the drill people! Two people just left, so if there is any endal or their guests in line! You can go in now!”

Turrin jumped back as the intoxicated woman shot up her hand in excitement. The woman jumped up in the air and said loudly to the bouncer with a wide smile on her face, “Oh...OH! I am a endal! Pick me!” She reached out took his hand, raised in the air, and said with pride in her voice, “And here is my GAME SCOUT! He promised to entertain me tonight!” A drunken cheer went throughout the line at the female endal's “victory” over him.

As the endal woman tugged him into the entrance of the Inclement Weather, the myrian could only just think to himself, Oh just kill me now....
Last edited by Turrin on April 29th, 2015, 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on April 4th, 2015, 2:12 pm

x
If there was one thing other than his hearing –which was absolutely useless in a loud and rowdy place like this- or his sense of smell –which was just as useless because of the abundance of bodies and alcoholic scents- that the bat took pride in, it was his sixth sense that may or may not exist. Whether it was an animal instinct or just a result from hiding in crowds and picking pockets, the bat usually felt when someone was watching him intensely. A thief’s sense of awareness was a valuable tool to stay out of jail, but it was not infallible. It was akin to paranoia, only less intense, and even though he sometimes felt watched, it didn’t always mean he actually was. Either way, the only thing he could tell was that in this room, there was someone glaring at him.

Of course, the bat decided to find out who and why, but he didn’t have to search for long. Among the redheaded Inarta, the few stranger usually stood out, the pale, lanky Symenestra sitting at the bar was no exception. Brandon didn’t know why, but she shot him a dirty look as he casually stared in her general direction. Yup, no doubt about it. It was Dru, Dru was glaring daggers at him, but why? What had he done? Or what hadn’t he done? Or maybe he was not at the root of the problem but she was, and that was somehow his fault? Trying to figure it out on his own would only serve to confuse him, so the Kelvic sighed, took a sip off his whiskey for courage and slipped through the crowd.

Somewhere along the way, he realized that Drusilla was not alone, that there had been an Inartan female with her, ordering some drinks and talking to the spider. A friend? Change of plans, the bat stopped halfway and placed the arm that held his drink on the bar, the other hand scratching his head. Dru was with a friend… Hm, he hadn’t thought he’d ever see Drusilla at the Inclement Weather; he didn’t even know that Dru drank. Did she even like crowded places like this? Well, no-one really did, but it was the atmosphere that made things fun. And the drinks of course. Free drinks were even better, and getting them here was no challenge at all. The crowd was drunk, and drunks had almost no reaction speed or clear mind whatsoever. They were excellent to pickpocket, and that was of course what Brandon did in places such as this. Because of the dancing and the limited space, people bumped into each other more often than not, and no one paid any attention to it anymore.

Unhitching himself from the bar, the bat took a detour to where Drusilla and her friend were talking, slipping past people and subtly bumping into others, snatching away their wallets while doing so, apologizing for bumping into them only a moment later. People lost their purses often in places such as this; in Lhavit he’d even seen a man who had been extremely drunk spend his last coin on buying drinks for the entire tavern, then throwing his empty pouch away with a smile. Drunks did just about anything that seemed like a good idea. He reached her then, coming from behind and circling her just a bit so he entered the spider’s vision. “Hello Dru, and Dru’s friend,” he greeted, trying to sound as normal and casual as possible, pretending as if he hadn’t noticed her angry glares from before. “I didn’t know you visited places like this.”

Then the Kelvic noticed the drink standing on the bar, “I didn’t think you were the type to drink either.” Small talk, good going Bran, first you chat about things that do not matter at all, and then you get straight to the point. For the sake of not making her even more angry by forcing her to speak common, the bat decided to switch to Symenos instead. “You look as if-” he cut himself off, preventing a poor phrasing of her state of being. ”As if a bat just bit your butt.” Good thinking, Bran, good thinking. “I mean, you seem to be in an extremely foul mood…” Nice safe, but was it enough not to be the final drop that would make the bucket overflow? Hopefully. Gods petching damn this shyke! I need a lightning rod of sorts! Where’s Turrin if you need him?

x

credit goes to Euthisa

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Drusilla on April 4th, 2015, 11:42 pm

A familiar female voice caught Dru's attention, "I guess- I mean yes I'm ready!" There was no use in being mopey with Sira around. Drusilla took an appreciative drink of whatever Sira had placed in front of her. While the drink was sweet, it had one heck of a kick afterward. The Symenestra gave her head a shake and blinked a few times, her way of dealing with the potency of the drink. "Gah! That one burned..."

"That would be Brandon Blackwing, he was a bat I saved from an owl attack early this spring. Yes, I said a bat. He's like you. But.." Drusilla sighed. "I go back and forth teetering between interest and utter irritation in him. Plus Turrin's come home and... I see many paths I could walk down, but I can only choose one future. I just have a lot on my mind.. Thanks for the drink by the way." With a smile she took another sip of the drink. A shudder running down her spine. "I think I just need some girl time, that's all."

Drusilla smiled on Brandon's approach, "Sira this is Brandon and Brandon this is Endal Sira. We meet here to dance admittingly I dance pretty bad but..." She shruged and downed a large amount of her drink. She let her throat finish burning before she turned to Sira for a moment, "Pardon my Symenos for a moment."

She turned back to Brandon, "You never asked what sort of places I liked or if I drank." She sipped her drink again. "Had you asked I'd of told you. I'm not in a bad mood as much as much as I need to have some girl time. Have some fun. I need to stop thinking about the things I'm thinking about." Drusilla downed the last of her drink. "You wanna help? Come dance, if your too busy I'll dance with Sira!" Dear gods whatever Sira had given her had already hit her and hard.

Her mind was already foggy and a red hue had taken to her cheeks. She had a low tolerance for alcohol. Turning to Sira she announced, "I'm gonna dance the bat around!!!" With that she grabbed Brandon and dragged him out onto the dance floor."Don't resist! or I'll bite you." She giggled.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sira on May 30th, 2015, 2:10 am

Brandon Blackwing. A bat, but like her. What the petch did that mean? Sira was no bat. Bats were.. oh, of course. She must have meant that Brandon was a kelvic. A bat kelvic. Sira didn't really know what to think about that. She had met so few kelvics in her life, and the only one she'd ever had any real interaction with was her daughter, but that didn't really count. Sira eyed Brandon for a moment, taking a sip from her drink. She didn't mind when Dru spoke the other language, though she couldn't understand a word of it. But she was surprised when she suddenly found herself alone at the bar, and Dru dragging the bat out to the dance floor.

What happened to girl time, Sira briefly wondered, but she was more amused than offended. Had the drinks been that strong? Sira took another sip, tasting the alcohol. Yeah, it was strong.. but she was still surprised.

Sira watched Dru and Brandon for a few ticks longer until the crowd swallowed them up. She remained at the bar long enough to finish most of her drink before she pushed back her chair and headed out to the dance floor herself. She was about to loose herself in the crowd when she spotted a familiar face. Was that.. Turrin? Yes. Being dragged along by some woman. More amusement. Sira approached.

"Hey Turrin,"

"Hi there," the endal, if she really was an endal, interrupted before Sira could say anything else. "This is my game scout! Isn't he cute? He's going to entertain me tonight!"

"Game scout," Sira asked, confused. "Turrin's not a.."

Sira trailed off, still confused, but amused at the utterly bewildered "kill me now" look on Turrin's face. She didn't know what exactly was going on, if Turrin was pretending to be a game scout, or if this woman was just crazy, but she decided to play along.

"Oh yeah, he's a great game scout. Maybe he can track down some entertainment for both of us. I'm Sira, by the way. What's your name?"

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Turrin on June 1st, 2015, 5:15 am

Turrin was already wishing that he just stayed home and soaked the day night away in his bath. The intoxicated endal woman wasn't taking no for answer as he was being reluctantly lead by the hand through the crowded room. To make matters worse, he saw Sira walking through the crowd towards him. He tried to blend into the crowd by looking at the ground, but she already saw him and was walking in his direction with a look of amusement on his face. Immediately, he wondered if the gods were punishing him because earlier in the spring, she totally dominated in their sparing match. The half-breed was happy with the match, but he did go back to his aeries with a few bruises to his body and pride. Now Sira was here, and she will witness his humiliation first hand by the hands of this crazy woman.

As Sira watch him, Turrin always felt sort of uncomfortable because she sort of has the same intense eyes like Aponivi, but she was just another mortal like him, so he chalked it up to the lighting of the night club. When Sira got to them, she immediately greeted Turrin, but before he could speak his keeper decided to speak on his behalf. When the endal started to speak, inwardly, Turrin gave the woman a odd look because he knew from experience that endal's sometimes treat the lower castes like property. Glancing at Sira, he could definitely tell that she was quite amused at his suffering. He knew from experience when he was a chiet game scout a particular endal woman took interest in him. Half the time, Turrin had to admit that he hated it, but the other half of the time, he enjoyed it quite fondly; however, he was a endal now, so he wasn't going to be anyone's plaything.

Turrin's eyes started to perk up when Sira was about to reveal the truth about his true caste, but the “evil” woman saw the help me look in his eyes and decided to play along. Turrin shot Sira a defeated look on his face and mouthed, “I hate you.”

The myrian didn't really hate Sira in actually he was quite fond of the pretty endal, but he should have figured that she wouldn't miss the opportunity to watch another person in her caste get humiliated in public. Looking at his captor, Turrin noticed the woman must have a lot of pinions because she all the small silver chains weaved throughout her hair. Looking at the earrings in her ears, they were golden eagles. She must have got them in a foreign city because gold wasn't the standard for jewelry in Wind Reach. Suddenly, the intoxicated woman gave Sira a pout than suddenly she gave a hug, “I can't believe you don't recognize me Sira. I am Neria Ashel of the Wild Harriers! You have to recognize me now?”

Turrin smirked at Neria's question because she said that she was part of the Wild Harriers. When Turrin talked to anyone in the War Hawks, the warriors in his wing tend to poke fun at the Wild Harriers because they spend all their time away from the city. The stereotype of the them is that they tend to be flamboyant and sociable to the point of annoyance because of their time away from the harsh life of Wind Reach. All the Wild Harrier Turrin has met tended to be self centered jerks who believe they are superior the other endal because they seen the world. Also, they tend not to stay in the city long enough to make friends with the other endals. Turrin always thought that Wild Harriers seemed to pick up on foreign mannerism, so they always seemed odd to him. However, when they do return, they tend to look more exotic than the average endal who doesn't leave the city.

Running a hand through his burgundy hair, Turrin looked over at the dance floor and saw Drusilla dancing with Brandon Blackwing. The half-breed had a run with the foreigner in the market place that ended with Brandon throwing a temper tantrum and storming off. He met up with him during the disappearances of the yasi, but Drusilla was there, so he kept his comments quite neutral to the unstable shape shifter. Now the annoying foreigner was here and dancing with Drusilla of all people. How could this day get any worse?

Neria gave Sira a impish grin and suggested, “I am not a selfish woman, sooo if you want him after I am done with him than he is all yours! However, I can always wait my turn if you want to have him first. I don't mind!”

Neria nudged him with her elbow and looked over her shoulder at him, “You look like you have enough endurance for both of us. Don't you my big Game Scout?”

Suddenly, Turrin felt a nudge into his ribs, and he brought his attention back to the two endal women. He wasn't quite sure what they were talking about, but he decided to comment like a true War Hawk on his endurance, “My name is Turrin not Game Scout. Yes of course I do, Wild Harrier! I have enough endurance to take you both on at the same time!” Looking at Sira with pride of his Flight at stake, Turrin said with a smirk, “I doubt that I will have the endurance to defeat Sira, but I definitely will have the energy to break you in two Neria Ashel!”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on June 1st, 2015, 8:21 pm

x
Introductions did not really take long, but this one in particular was over swiftly, mainly because Dru did not waste much time with smalltalk. Instead she just contradicted herself and dragged the bat off to the dance floor, leaving her companion alone. Endal Sira... Brandon hadn't heard that name before, and if he had he did not remember. An endal. Like Turrin. Was the symenestra some sort of endal magnet of sorts that she managed to attract, and apparently befriend, endal without a second thought? There wasn't really much time to think about it really, as the spider giggled a sentence that made his neck hairs stand on end. It was not a bad thing though.

“You know me too well, Dru,” Brandon smiled, giving in to the sym's whims. “I see you've discovered how to pique my interest...” His voice trailed off into a grin. It was about time to get rid of his drink, so the thief drained his mug with a couple swallows, and pressed the empty thing into some random person's hands when they passed by. The middle of the dance floor was reached easily enough, and Brandon subtly inserted himself between Dru and the wilder part of the crowd, so the occasional flailing limbs and jumping bodies would not accidentally crush the brittle bones of his pale companion.

Dancing was a somewhat harder task though, as the bat had not very much experience with the act. True, he had danced before, but the music had been calmer, a waltz, whereas this was... well. He couldn't quite classify it as anything. Wild. Fast. Lending itself very well for bouncing and flailing, but not really for anything else, however, did that actually matter? Not really finding anything else to do, the bat decided to make use of his flexibility and started swaying slowly to the music, eventually outstretching his arms and moving them so it seemed they guided small waves from hand to hand.

The longer he spent on the dance floor though, the more comfortable he started to feel and after a while he began doing other rhythmical nonsense with his limbs and body, but no one cared, and neither did Brandon. He was just enjoying himself, sometimes implementing something silly when he knew Dru was watching, attempting to get her to laugh. Eventually though, the bat craved another drink, and asked Dru if she wanted something too, yet he did not wait for her reply, instead heading to the bar right away, slipping through the crowd a little less easily than usual. Upon reaching the bar he had to wait for a couple chimes until it was his turn to order.

“Something sweet, but strong. Two if you please,” he spoke, slapping a couple coins on the counter. The drinks were placed in front of him quickly, and the money switched owners. Brandon gulped down about half of his drink after a careful sip, liking the taste quite a bit. Carrying two drinks did not make getting back easy, and the thief was forced to take a detour, and in the end he had no idea where he ended up; so he just looked around a bit, sipping from his drink. A familiar face was spotted, and the bat headed that way, though it was not Drusilla. Instead he found Turrin, a woman he did not remember having seen before, and the endal from before, which took him a while to recognize. A conversation was going on, and the bat was not planning on keeping the spider waiting for too long, so he just settled with shouting something into Turrin's ear. In this loud room no-one else would hear it clearly anyway.

“I wasn't aware torn pants were fashionable these days,” the thief spoke mockingly, then turning towards the woman who clung possessively to the endal's side. “If you tire of him or if you want someone with balls to keep you company, come find me.” Sira was given a glance then as well. “That's to both of you.” He smiled a pick-up artist's smile and winked. Endal or no, one of the reasons why Bran liked to come down to the Inclement Weather was because of the one night stands. Most Inarta women were quite attractive, and even though the bat was currently entertaining Drusilla, it did not mean he would keep that up all night. Or that he couldn't have multiple one night stands in one night. Considering the impact alcohol seemed to have on the symenestra, the thief did not doubt that she'd either fall asleep at one point or another, or that she'd pass out. And even if that did not happen, the chances were large the crowd would make them lose each other, intoxication did not really help either. Room enough for another fling, or flirt, or whatever. Something.

His current companion was found easily enough though, and Brandon handed her the beverage with a smile. “Missed me yet?” he queried in a teasing tone, nipping from his drink and starting to “dance” again, though not really wild because he did not want to spill and squander the alcohol. He'd paid for that, and spilling liquor meant wasting money. Admitted, the money wasn't originally his, but that mattered not.

x

credit goes to Euthisa

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Drusilla on June 2nd, 2015, 11:33 am

Drusilla was nothing but girlish giggles as she made her way out to the dance floor with Brandon. "Well you did live in my room for how long and on my head.." She giggled and scratched him under the chin in a teasing matter, "You're such a cute little bat!" More happy laughter, "Oh have I? Pique your interest?" She gave the bat a wink.

The Symenestra took to the music easily, arms moved and hips swayed in a carefree manner around Brandon. Dancing had to be like flying, didn't it? Drusilla thought so. In this carefree dance she was most certainly flying. She could tell that her batty friend was attempting to make her laugh. He of course succeeded and earned a "Silly Bat!" every so often. Drusilla was enjoying herself and wished she had come here with Brandon sooner.

Then in a flash, he was gone. Drusilla stopped dancing and looked about the ceiling. Despite the lack of clothes on the ground she figured he had swapped forms and was somewhere above the dancers. Maybe she could climb the wall and find him? As she was staring at the ceiling a familiar voice brought her back to ground level.

"Duh! I thought you flew away and I was sad." She gave him a fake pout which quickly turned into a smile, "But now you're back!" The Symenestra spun around happily. She took the drink from Brandon with a smile, "Thank you!" Normally she'd of turned down a second drink, but what the heck. Why not have a second just this once? Besides Brandon had bought it for her... It would be rude to refuse.

Noticing his trouble with his drink, Drusilla yelled over the music, "Should we take a break and go sit so you don't loose your drink?" She took a drink of her own glass.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets