Roommate bonding time

Nivel and Revy spend some time getting to know each other better.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Roommate bonding time

Postby Nivel on May 26th, 2015, 3:49 pm

53rd day of Spring, 515 AV

Nivel had been roommates with Revy for a while but were still very much strangers. The longest they had really been able to spend quality time with each other was during a terrible storm that confined almost everyone in Syliras to their rooms. There was some bonding during this time but not really enough to push the two past simple acquaintances who happen to sleep in the same room. Squires tended to have very busy schedules and since Nivel was learning more about magic then most squires, she wasn’t in the same places the other squires frequented. The stone garden and the Sylirian Archives were where the pycon tended to be, ether meditating or studying different herbal remedies. As much as Nivel found an appreciation for these things she felt a bit disconnected from some of her fellow squires from time to time.

The pycon decided she would ask Revy to go out on patrol with her, since it was an aspect of the Order that Nivel had been neglecting as well. It was also very clear in Nivel’s mind that if they were to get into some kind of physical altercation that Revy would wipe the floor with nivel, so she wasn’t about to ask her fellow squire for a spar like she did with her other squire friends.

Nivel summoned the courage to approach her roommates bunk as soon as the tall folk was roused from sleep. The pycon pulled herself on the the bed frame and began her proposition.
“Revy…Would you like to go patrolling with me today?” She said hesitantly, she stopped a moment to catch her breath before she continued “It won’t be long just a short little jaunt through the woods to see if everything is in order..I haven’t done one in a while and I think it would be a great way for us to get to know each other better…if your free today that is”
The pycon released a very obvious over sight in her plan and blurted it out before Revy could get a word in “Oh I just forgot that my Mount isn’t available at the moment..would I be able to ride with you?”
She hoped this last minute request wasn’t enough to change the tall folks mind, it did make things sound more suspect than they were.

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Last edited by Nivel on August 12th, 2015, 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Roommate bonding time

Postby Revy Hiroe on May 27th, 2015, 1:23 am

Sleep, something Revy seemed to have been lacking lately. It wasn't because she wasn't sleeping well. In fact she was sleeping very well. It was mostly because she was busy training herself, or she was out patrolling with Sera Stalinsa. Her patron seemed to enjoy kicking her squire out of bed at sunrise. This made Revy quite tired, as one could imagine. That's why she wanted to sleep in today, except that she woke up at sunrise... again.

She didn't get up right away, she didn't really feel like it. She had to get up in no less then half a bell though. She had to get ready to meet her patron... again. It seemed like she had something planned for her squire. Something different then just reading books, or patrolling Syliras. "I really don't wanna see her today.", she mumbled. The woman had been looking forward to a day of rest, instead... which was less optimal. However, she had to listen as that woman was her superior.

Only then did she notice the pycon. She had almost completely missed her question, but fortunately caught half of it. A patrol? Well... that depended on her patron, but it would probably be good. Though just when the woman wanted to answer, the little pycon asked another question. "Ugh, if you have to, sure. Though I don't know if it'll be a patrol. Got an appointment with my patron again. Not really looking forward to it though.", she answered.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Roommate bonding time

Postby Nivel on August 12th, 2015, 8:15 pm

“oh thats fine” Nivel nodded, She knew that a squire had an obligation to attend scheduled meetings with their patron and the pycon wasn’t going to argue with that. “I’ll probably get a bit of training in while I wait, how about we meet later in the bean? The pycon suggested. She hoped her and Revy wouldn’t be to tired when they finnally did meet each other but she was sure they could manage.

Whether her roommate had agreed or not the mage squire was going to do some training as a proper squire should. She had recently learned the magical practice of Reimancy and felt she should do a little bit of work in that area. When she was finished the strenuous activity, Nivel planned to soak a bit in some Beltor leaf tea to relieve the nexus ache the mild over giving would give her. She headed to the inner sanctum, which was the only place she felt safe to do Reimancy. The pycon had one of the less dangerous elements to work with but she didn’t want to create a panic when she started conjuring Res.

On her way to the ominous looking building she picked up a rock and carried if over her head. It provided a bit of weight training on her short journey but its real purpose was to give her something to do with the Magic she conjured. When she got to the thick industrial doors of the abandoned laboratory, she had to wait until some one came by to open the doors for her since they were far too massive to deal with on her own. She was finally let in by a hooded figure who didn’t seem to respond to nivel’s gratitude. It struck the pycon as a bit odd but she figured they were just shy.

She found a quiet area behind a desk and began her meditation ritual. She started by taking deep breaths of air and counting down to ten in her nexus. Once her thoughts were clear and focused she began to weave her shield of djed. She focused her mind on all that she wanted to protect and with a an extra deep breath she was able to slowly cover herself in an invisible membrane. Once her body was completely incased, she was ready to start the real training.

She focused her mind again, but this time on the feeling of Res. Once she got that indescribable alien feeling clear in her mind the sparkling emerald sap began to ooze and pool in her cradled hands. The pain began immediately as it did before but she pushed through it as best she could. After what seemed like eternity the res was created, and she was eager to start.

Instead of transmuting her Res into a different form she would attempt to use the air that was around her to move the rock she had procured. She wasn’t really sure how to go about doing this since she wasn’t really taught this method yet, but she figured it wouldn’t be to difficult of figure out. She thought of the air around the rock and with her mind she commanded it to lift the rock but nothing happened. She sent her res out and with a circling gesture of her hands she made the res spin around the rock like a emerald tornado. Nivel hoped this would stimulate the air in the area to move the rock, it didn’t. She tried a few other methods until she was practically screaming loudly in her head for the rock to levitate.

She eventually gave up out of frustration and headed first to the Stormhold Slaves to get an ounce of Beltor leaves from the Eypharian herbalist and then headed to The Bean to wait for Revy to arrive. She ordered a Lillian root tea and when it arrived she poured the small pouch of leaves into the ceramic cup and allowed it to steep. When it was a decent temperature she eased into the herbal bath she had just made and right away she could feel a touch of relief from her aching nexus.

She was very relaxed but still noticed her roommates aura as it approached.
“What did your patron want you for?” Nivel asked with a dreamy tone to her voice as she continued to enjoy her bath.

ledger :
Item Cost Total
I oz of Beltor leaves 5 CM per 1/2 oz. 1 SM
I Lillian root tea 2 SM 2 SM

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Roommate bonding time

Postby Devi on April 30th, 2016, 9:57 am

Your Grades have arrived!

Revy

Skills: None that I could see.

Lores:
  • Knighthood: Squires and Knights rise early
Comments: As you likely expected there isn't a huge amount on this one. Do let me know if you think I missed anything though. Nivel if you return then do give me a shout and I would be happy to add your details.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Don't forget to edit your post in the Grade Request Thread to say it's graded and leave a link in there for the Storytellers.

Happy Writing!

Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes