Open [Seasonal Event] the door down.

A door appears in the middle of Alements floor. It can only lead down.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Seasonal Event] the door down.

Postby Caelum on June 16th, 2015, 3:03 am

Image

OOCOpen to all. Bring your game faces. Seasonal event.


This is not for you.

- Danielewski.



Timestamp: 23 Summer 515 AV


Over a year and a half ago Caelum had spent the better portion of a day crawling on Alement’s floor with a stub of a chalk and a slow shaping vision. He had measured the length of the walls and the angle of the corners, marked off where he wanted to place tables, and sketched out a diagram for the bar and the kitchen and even the infirmary. On his hands and knees he had traveled over pale grey granite and climbed atop chairs to learn the height of the walls. He knew Kavala felt a unique sense of connection, even ownership, to the materials that made up Alements due to her incredible work with geomancy to frame up so much of it. Yet even without the magic, Caelum felt a similar but different bond.



There was an intimacy in growing, in maintenance and long knowing. It was not merely a matter of time, all of the thousands of hours he put into this place, but also the result of effort. Elise was known to tease her employer about his eccentricities, most commonly those that had directly to do with his tavern, his infirmary, and his house hold as a whole. Everything had a home and most of the homes were neatly labeled in a tight, elegant script. Neither Caelum or Elise were much accustomed to having things, let alone so many places to put them. Their reasons were different, but the sheer sense of satisfaction coupled with a sort of slow burning anxiety was the same.



Therefore when Caelum walked through the double doors leading from the patio of Alements and into the common room, the late afternoon light throwing his shadow ahead of him on the stone floors, he knew immediately that something was wrong. Alien. Out of place. All of his paranoid nerves were humming, prepared to be vindicated again. Brightly colored rugs were scattered against the far walls, situated beneath the tables rather than the aisle. A breeze carried in off the waters of Plunge Pool Bay and flirted with the fern fronds hanging from the patio roof. Caelum had stopped a few strides inside the door, hands filled with dirty glassware, smile falling off of his face as he stared at a patch on his floor that seemed to have sprung a door knob. Soft green moss grew rapidly out of cracks in the floor that had not been there when he stepped outside a few chimes ago. As he watched, pale flowers budded into the shapes of hinges and gleamed the same shade of pewter as the rough hewn knob.


Frowning with confusion, Caelum lifted the glass he had drank from to his nose and gave a testing sniff. It did not smell like any of hallucinagens he had stored in shop and it was ludicrous that he would have made such a serious slip himself.


That did not change the fact that there was a door in the middle of his common room floor.
Last edited by Caelum on June 16th, 2015, 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Caelum
The best way out is through.
 
Posts: 1977
Words: 1095776
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Location: Riverfall
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[Seasonal Event] the door down.

Postby Sezkero on June 16th, 2015, 3:43 am

The snake didn't quite have a solid reason to visit Alements. Her very few and very far between visits with the beautiful Ethaefal were hardly scheduled. Each time she felt a little worse for failing to produce her venom as she had promised when first meeting him. But each time she forgot. Her kittens had fun with one of her couch pillows and she had spent the evening gathering the cotton and hay that filled the pillow. Once her apartment was thoroughly cleaned and the animals banned to outdoors for the rest of the evening, Sezkero could start her day. It was already rather late when she decided to pay a visit to Alements again, but the Iyvess made the walk anyway.

Feeling light as a feather that day, and mostly unsettled, as was becoming her usual emotion for the past few days, Sezkero slipped into Alements. She took the time to close the door behind her, preferring not to let it swing after her before turning around. The snake had always been rather quite, but something about the atmosphere kept her from opening her mouth. Caelum was standing almost near the center of his common room, staring at the floor. She wasn't one to question the eccentric man, but somehow this occasion called for it.

"Hello Caelum." She warily walked closer to the man, curiosity forcing her to peak around the tables to see what he was looking at. Silently, the Iyvess slithered closer to him until she was standing beside him, looking at the same door on the floor. One eyebrow perked up and looked at the gorgeous man, before scratching behind her ear and looking back down.

"That'sssss..." She pointed down at the door, then quickly retracted her finger. She opened her mouth to speak but shut it, uncertain of what to say. Again, the snake extended one finger towards the door before dropping her hand at her side again, suddenly remembering the candles in the woods. "New." Sezkero finished her sentence. Perhaps today was not the best day for one of her flaky visits to Alements.

Common | Snake-Tongue | Tukant | Thoughts | PC/NPC Talking
User avatar
Sezkero
Wanderer
 
Posts: 373
Words: 226722
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Location: Alvadas
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

[Seasonal Event] the door down.

Postby Achenar on June 17th, 2015, 9:20 am

Image
oocBargin' in! Sorry in advance my post is kinda boring.

These walls were too muted.

Maddoch furrowed his brows, staring at the pallid shade of his abode with a scrutinizing eye. He never did enjoy the color scheme the Rivarians chose for the place, but it wasn’t as if he had the coin to change it. The ethaefal disliked being alone, as thoughts were wont to follow, and memories with them. But there was no schedule for today; no energy to explore until his fervent thoughts coiled in his mind, urging him into action. He inhaled the near-constant sea salt air, his fingers pressing softly over the milky white sheets he laid on.

Despite the turbulent meeting, Caelum had been the only one to offer him coin in exchange for services, which, although begrudging at first, Maddoch had found at least amusement in the caricatures that Alements attracted. And though it wasn’t yet time to don the sleek black apron, the ethaefal found himself with an inexplicable desire to go there.

He rose from the bed with an exhale and rubbed a hand down his face. A quick glance out the window told him nightfall wasn’t too far off. But the prospect of his impending celestial form, for once, didn’t irritate him. The ethaefal donned his leather boots and adjusted his vest, strapping his blade to his belt as an afterthought. The streets were alight with the colors of the afternoon sun. The sea-salt breeze whistled through the trees that dotted the lanes. The path to the Alements was one Maddoch actively attempted to vary, but for this instance, he took the shortest course possible.

As he crossed the patio, he noted the general vacancy of the establishment, save for two individuals. The ethaefal’s eyes narrowed in scrutiny. One he recognized quickly was the horned proprietor, the other, a woman he’d never encountered before, though judging by her body language, he suspected they knew each other. Another pair of legs to tangle in the sheets? the ethaefal smirked in amusement.

“Is there a reason you two are standing there or are you…” Maddoch paused mid-saunter as his eyes swerved toward the object of their attention. Curious. In all his days serving, he’d never noticed a door, nor the sprouting buds and moss that framed it. “Has that always been there?” He asked Caelum, before idly glancing at the short girl. There was something curious about her, but he couldn’t quite pinpoint what it was. “I’m assuming you’re not here for a door installation.”

The ethaefal stepped closer and crouched by the anomaly, his fingers spread, reaching toward the wood. "Have you tried opening it yet?"
Image
User avatar
Achenar
Everybody lies
 
Posts: 199
Words: 128367
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

[Seasonal Event] the door down.

Postby Konrad Venger on March 14th, 2016, 1:35 am

Image

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Sezkero

XP:
Socialization - 1

Lore:
Alements: Come for the Ambience

Click Me! :
Caelum, Achey-Breaky, PM me when your Winter Expenses are paid and BOOM, I'll do what I can...

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Image
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
User avatar
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard
 
Posts: 922
Words: 1057869
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Location: Endrykas
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Million Words! (1)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests