Syka addition The Barrel and Sword (Tavern) development

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 23rd, 2015, 1:19 am

Hey everyone, I have a building to add in Syka, hope it is described well enough. The NPCs are still a WIP.

The Barrel and Sword

From the outside it looks cozy, folksy and welcoming. Clay and sandstone pillars make up most of the building's outer structure.
It's tough to see through the stained glass windows, but the clapping and cheering from within can be felt outside.

As you enter the tavern through the heavy, metallic door, you're welcomed by a feeling of comfort and a sense of home.
The bartender is quite busy, but still manages to welcome you with a short wave.

It's as engaging inside as it is on the outside. Stone beams support the upper floor and the light fixtures attached to them. The walls are overflowing with signatures and written messages, undoubtedly from happy customers..

The tavern itself is packed. Groups belonging to some kind of organization, whether sport, music or other you're not sure of, seem to be the primary clientele here, which often indicates great food. Several long tables are occupied by happy, excited groups of people, some are dancing on the table, while others cheer them on with clapping and yelling. The other, smaller tables are also occupied by people who clearly enjoy each other's company, though they seem to be strangers who have met here. Even most of the stools at the bar are occupied, though nobody seems to mind more company.

The food, releases an aroma of savory tastable meats and seasoning. Encouraging one to stay at least for only the food, but the lodging and hospitality is to be excellent.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on October 23rd, 2015, 2:57 am

I am not entirely sure that Syka is ready for new locations as it isn't ready for public use due to the quest that was meant to kick it off never actually occurred (if I recall)

However, I won't say ya can't make places for it... Just not entirely sure it's ready for new locations yet. I do like the idea though
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nightmare on October 23rd, 2015, 9:24 am

The whole idea behind Syka was that it was to be a player ran city. So all locations were to be built and maanged by players. Which is a super cool idea in itself. But players, especially new players, can be unstable. Life happens and all those except the really dedicated tend to fall away and that is what I believe happened there.

That said, since everything in Syka was to be player ran, a new location wouldnt be feasible unless you were going to open and run it yoirself.

Additionally, only cities that are open and have storyteller support can have new locations added to them. Sorry. :(
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)