Closed [The Ocean's Forge] Exchanging Favors

Work is being traded in Alija's shop.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

[The Ocean's Forge] Exchanging Favors

Postby Imass on February 23rd, 2016, 6:27 pm

Winter 41, 515 AV Mid-Morning

Imass swung open the door of The Ocean's Forge. The sounds and smells of smithing filled the room. There was no one inside the room at all, which was perfect.

"Alright men," Imass said to Pulren Marsh and Khemkhaengawut who were directly behind him. Once the two had entered, the Knight slammed the door behind them and locked it, "Alija!" Imass yelled, "Alija!"

Walking around to all the windows, the Knight closed the shutters without permission and put the "closed" sign up. The utmost secrecy was needed for the delicate matter.

Once Alija had appeared, Imass went straight to the point and did not beat around the bush, "Alija, we have the schematics," He produced a heavy scroll, that was a little muddy. He motioned to the two men behind him, "You know my work partner already. We risked life and limb to get this so he will be part of our deal here," He nodded to the big one-armed man, "This is Khemkhaengawut. He is an armourer and he is here because I want him to bang out the equipment I desire, with your help of course. I am sure you two can be beneficial to each other in future enterprise as well,"

Imass put the scroll on the counter, "Take a moment to look at the goods, make sure they are to your liking,"
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Khemkhaengawut on February 26th, 2016, 10:45 am

Khemkhaengawut quickly moved forward, mostly to not be branded as a follower of the Akalak he held a rivalry with. Wrapped in his simplistic cloak and his hairy legs exposed to the heat of the forge thank to his kilt, his tall and thus magnificent presence was made known to the rest of the people gathered inside the humble business. Wearing nothing but arrogance and grave amounts of pride in his features, he limited himself to gape around at the facility that, obviously, wasn’t quite enough for someone with so much ego and self-esteem. Having acquired a full bread in his tavern this very morning, the bread was so hard and old that even a hammer wouldn’t be able to squish it – having been smart on the matter as he had poured two tankards of water on top of it to soften it. Said bread was in his hands turning into a paste as he loudly chewed on the moist texture, the wet mass escaping his mouth with every obnoxiously loud bite. Imass, or ‘Nomass’ as he had branded the thin Akalak had come looking for him early in the morning, promising work which Khemkhaengawut couldn’t refuse as he was obsessed with hammers, forges and metal. “A female blacksmith... HA!”

His bloated self-confidence, similar to his bloated physique, immediately found a place within the business, moving around to inspect the tools the owner used to work on her trade as if the shop belonged to him. Moving to the anvil, he’d annoyingly lean forward to inspect it as if such was his profession, immediately shaking his head as if the tool didn’t quite met his standards, making sure to express so with a ‘tsk’ that repeated itself as wet crumbs and even chunks of the bread he was eating escaped his mouth. Moving to the shelves, his eyes would lay on some of the stock, which even he could say it was of good crafting. He was unable to confess such a thing, of course, as recognizing someone could do a better job than him was unthinkable for the self-centered Chaktawe. “I’m going to need tools if I’m going to work here. This business is not equipped to handle my skill.” He could’ve easily made a harsh and surely unappreciated comment about the female owner, yet for not he kept it to himself. After all, he had some differences with the monks and this was the only place he could find a forge in which to work. Even if he had to work beside a woman for a thinner and less muscular Akalak, it was better than sitting in his room and only going out to exercise.

Finally, the red one-handed race-less bloated misogynistic powerlifting armorer would turn around to face the trio, at last caring to even inspect them to surely run each of them through his mental judgment that was surely to be as harsh and vulgar as the man’s attitude.
Khemkhaengawut
You're no match for my ego.

Words: 34292
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2015, 11:54 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alija on February 26th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Imass arrived straight to the point, closing the shutters and handing over the scroll. She took it straight away, opening it. A gear. A single gear, beautifully and accurately detailed for her to make. She gave a sigh of relief, then turned to Imass, bursting questions. But he was quick to introduce a man whose name she didn't catch. K-something. That was all she remembered. The large man stepped forward, tattooed and lumbering.

He seemed vile, chewing on a paste of bread that he sprayed with every bite. At seeing her, he laughed, instantly doubting her skill because of her gender. The blacksmith took a deep breath, having dealt with this sexist thinking. Ignore it and show them that she wasn't. Better than arguing any day. At least, that was what she thought.

The man moved with such arrogance she instantly disliked him. He inspected everything, spitting at his 'tsk's and spreading wet crumbs as he acted as if it wasn't up to standard. She tried to restrain herself, following him closely. Her face, however, showed pure distaste. This man had no right to come into the place and act as if he owned it. What was he - an over-sized brute that knew how to slap a piece of metal on someone for protection? She was a blacksmith, and a good one. For all they knew, he couldn't have that bread without the tools she had made. He did nothing - she fed Nyka, in a way.

He asked for tools, but they were all already ready for him. The man simply hadn't looking in the right place. Alija marched swiftly to the back storage room, with an authoritative expressions to get him to follow her. If he did, he would discover all the ball stakes and the hammer, and the dishing plate ready for his use. She gestured at them wildly, trying to not let her displeasure with him affect her voice."Will these suffice? You may use the metal and forge as you please." Then, from a more intimidating tone of voice, not from the aspect of being larger and stronger, but from being richer and more skilled, "But be warned, this is my shop. Not yours."

Hopefully, even a man like him could understand that. Turning back, she returned to Imass and Pulren, curious. "I am forever in your debt with this service. But, may I ask, where did you find the plans?"
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on March 1st, 2016, 5:28 am

Placeholder

OOC :
I'll be posting to this soon, just need to stall this out a little because I'm waiting for Bald's moderation of B&E for the answers to Alija's questions.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Faradae on April 28th, 2017, 1:55 pm

Imass
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

N O T E S

Grades withheld due to inactivity. Should you return, please leave me a message so I can award them.

Alija
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

E X P E R I E N C E

• Socialization +1
• Persuasion +1
• Logic +2
• Observation +1

L O R E S

• Imass: Loud, impatient Akalak
• Imass: Specializes in dangerous and controversial encounters
• Imass: Has Pulren's trust
• Alija: Trusts people whom her friends trust
• Khemkhaengawut: Arrogant armourer

N O T E S

It got a little lonely in here. A shame Sybel vanished so early on, and everyone else drifted off as well.

Sybel

N O T E S

Grades withheld due to inactivity. Should you return, please leave me a message so I can award them.

Khemkhaengawut

N O T E S

Please remember to edit your grade request to reflect that this grade has been seen to!
If there are questions about the grades, please contact me via PM.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous