Rhaus Wants You!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Firenze on January 27th, 2016, 9:13 pm

Band/Artist: Meg & Dia
Track/Album: Monster - Nightcore

Thoughts: I stumbled across this song while listening to some other gaming dubstep songs on Pandora and ever since it's been on of my favorites. The feeling that I get while listening to it is reminisce of when I was a child and scared of the monsters in the dark but with a fun twist. It has a fun yet dark theme to it and I have a tendency to be drawn towards darker songs. I also have a strong fondness for a good beat and rhythm in songs, that has cause me to become very eclectic, and this song has a darn good beat to it. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Ball on January 28th, 2016, 2:26 am

Band/Artist: Avenged Sevenfold
Track/Album: Hail to the King/Hail to the King

Thoughts: I love the opening to this song. I have always loved amazing guitarists and this is no exception to that feel. This song is just soo powerful in it's lyrics and sound. It makes me wanna just see Ball reach for the high position of the Order.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Firenze on January 28th, 2016, 3:47 pm

Band/Artist: Libre
Track/Album: Libre

Thoughts: This song can go either way depending on the kind of person you are. It can either be soothing or creepy. It's a boy's choir and I will say that almost everyone of the song I've heard them do I love. I find it extremely soothing and angelic. Ahhh the peace that overcomes with those soft voices. It may be odd, but I find it very helpful to center and focus while trying to write.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Firenze on January 28th, 2016, 9:34 pm

Band/Artist: Enya
Track/Album: Ebudae

Thoughts: I get that the language is Irish Gaelic but it makes me think so much of the Drykas on a hunt or even the Chaktawe. I think it's the drums in the background that give it an almost earthy sound. I know not everyone is a fan of Enya, but she has some pretty decent mood setting music for writing! Going on a hunt in character? Crank this tune up! Tell me you don't feel the grass smacking your knees and the smell of the sweet wind!
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Azmere on January 28th, 2016, 10:48 pm

So here's a taste of some stuff...for your ears...

First up is my homeboy, Tech N9ne! He's an amazing rapper and has really built a huge following from the underground clubs of KC to a world-wide phenomenon that allowed him to start his own label. This song is obviously pointed but it's a top track on my work-out/angry mix.

NSFW!!!!

Artist: Tech N9ne
Song: Uralaya

Switching gears, I'm moving on to a band I was blessed to watch several times in Orlando at the Social. Super cool venue and As Tall As Lions tore it up. Subtle techniches in the track make it glorious and it's so catchy in that chill way. This is one of my favorite songs and I use the ending as a regular lullaby for my boy.

Artist: As Tall As Lions
Song: A Song for Luna

Finally, we close with a band that is fairly new. Highly Suspect exploded onto the scene in 2015 and for good reason. These guys are very good at taking simple sounding songs and hiding intricate details that non-musicians might overlook. There was another band some years ago who mastered this art, you might have heard of them...The Beatles? I'm not comparing Highly Suspect to the Fab Four on any level but they have that same gift and have applied it in a fantastic rock album with this video as its featured track.

Artist: Highly Suspect
Song: Lydia (Caution: There is some cursing towards the end)

Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Agoril on January 29th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Artist: Béatrice Martin
Songtrack: Child of Light

I've never played the game this is from, but the mostly instrumental, classical music she has composed has always amazed me. I listen to it routinely.
Agoril
Player

Words: 4770
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2016, 9:26 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Ruari Darkwind on February 1st, 2016, 12:45 am

Band/Artist: Lydia.
Track/Album: Dragging your feet in the mud - Paint it golden.

Thoughts: I've really enjoyed Lydia for years; it was introduced to me by a writing partner on a different site before our relationship went bad, and I've since adopted this group as one of my all time favourites (probably because of nostalgia). I'm sharing it now because my relationship with Mizahar has gone the same way; maybe some other silly soul like myself will enjoy this sound enough to make it one of their own things, but that hardly changes anything.

#bye.
Ruari Darkwind
skulls.

Words: 62295
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2015, 3:15 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Ball on February 1st, 2016, 8:17 pm

Sometimes walking down memory lane isn't awful...

Band/Artist:The Fray
Track/Album:How to Save a Life/How to Save a Life

Thoughts: Normally I wouldn't crack open old wounds. But today just felt like one of those days to go down those memories in order to remember all that could have happened if things went differently. I am grateful of the decisions I made, but the results of that day has changed a relationship to something sour. This song reminds me of that day.

Sometimes though remembering the past makes the present and future that much more beautiful. I always wonder how different things would have been if I stayed with him.

CreditGoes to Lisana for this beautiful post template
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Cor Alspach on February 2nd, 2016, 7:34 pm

Band/Artist:The Gloaming, Samhradh Samhradh

Track/Album:

Thoughts: I love folk. All types ranging from bluegrass and old style to modern indie. Sure, my playlist is full of soundtracks and alternative and disney but it always comes back to folk :) Here's a beautiful song and they make it look so easy haha.

Cor Alspach
Player

Words: 40048
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2016, 5:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Rhaus Wants You!

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 5th, 2016, 4:59 pm

Band/Artist:Fall Out Boy
Track/Album:Believers Never Die/Sugar We're Goin' Down

Thoughts: Fall Out Boy is definitely one of my favorite modern rock artists. Though, I have much more music to offer, I'll start out with this one.
Fall out boy, and the whole band has this nice... Er ah melody that I like. Patrick Stump has a unique voice. And sadly though, his music doesn't entirely help me focus on my projects and other things, I still enjoy listening to his voice. He pronounces every word softly, but yet interesting and the melodies, that him and his band buddies combine go spectacular well. In my opinion. He is one of my favorite artists by far, and possibly those of whom who live in the US might've heard some of their other songs, but you all probably haven't heard of all of them. And for those outside of the US, if you haven't heard of Fall Out Boy, this band would be one of my recommendations to listen to for those who enjoy listening to rock, and or want to expand their variety in music.

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2