Closed [The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Three Squires and a... Kitty?

Ball, Alexander and Garland train a willing Firenze how to fight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Three Squires and a... Kitty?

Postby Firenze on January 30th, 2016, 4:53 am

47 Winter, 515 AV

It had only been two days on her own in the strange city and although it was a relief, she hadn’t come up with a plan of action. Pacing the floor she looked to the food that had begun to spoil. The air in the room was tepid and stifling. She hated it. Feet moved faster, wearing a path into the hard floor. Stopping she looked down at the worn clothing, knowing that she had a rather unpleasant odor. It had been months since a proper bathing. Her first plan of action with Vinicus gone was getting a good meal and that was what she had done the day before, search the city for something hot to eat. It had taken nearly the whole day but eventually food was found and her belly full.

Although a bath sounded perfect at the moment she needed to work out the pent up energy she had. She hadn’t gotten to get her revenge on Vincus and the anger toward him still bubble under the surface. Moving for the door she made her way out onto the street. Hoping that someone would be friendly enough to point her in the direction of somewhere to run or even train.

An older man was walking in her direction and she hesitated a moment as she held a hand out toward him, “Excuse me, could I bother you to point me toward somewhere to train?” She pulled her hand back realizing he might see it as a threat, twisting it in the other hand.

“Well…You don't sound like a knight since you don't even know where the training area is. I suppose you could go down to the Pits. You musn’t be from around here…” a wrinkled pair of eyes squinted at her.

“I’m sorry I’m not, I’m staying um… with my father and he’s… out,” lips turned up in a soft smile, “do you happen to know which direction that would be?”

He pointed a scraggly finger in the opposite direction in which he came, “down that way, take a right and head until you meet the crossing keep heading straight past the Bittern District, it’ll be on the right hand side near the docks.”

Thanking the man she made her way down the tight covered street, following as the man had said. Her thoughts turned to the events that had happened only a few days prior, chewing on her lip while mulling. The crossroads were slightly bigger than she’d expected but kept on following until she neared the docks. The temperature was slightly chilly but the wind blew with the hope of Spring wrapped in it’s fingers whipping at the stray hairs that had fallen from her braid. She turned the corner into a dusty fighting area.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts

Post Template Courtesy of Ingrid
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 30th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

The cool winds of the open streets of syliras had grown colder over the last couple of days, the light snow fall had begun to lightly mount and there was now almost eight inches of snow in the byways which weren’t commonly used. Alex trudged the open streets a small detour this morning and the training grounds for the squires were filled to the point where he found it almost pointless to involve himself there. He sighed his slightly rusted in places and heavily dented armour now catching with each swing of his arms. He was going to have to get a new requisition or at least get it repaired at some point. Fully armoured and armed up dagger, bow, great sword, bastard sword, shield, quiver, and the hidden throwing knives located all over his person.

He’d let his beard grow out ever so slightly partially to cope with the now ever more frigid weather, the light stubble had become a small thickness around his jaw and cheeks dark enough to be seen but only just there. Alex trudged through the streets now soft footfalls against partially melted snow. Rounding to the corner of the open and much more accessible fighting pits oddly ever sandy regardless of the weather. Alex readied himself for another day of training. He’d asked garland to come and help him practice his sword forms and learn how to use the great sword that hung on his back.

Rounding the corner though he spotted a woman nearby who seemed a little out of place. Only a little shorter than himself uncommon but not unheard of. Long blonde hair braided into a tight plait still a few loose strands. She looked as if she was somewhere she wasn’t sued too being. Scratching the scuff of his beard lightly and catching his fingers on the scar ever so slightly he grimaced a little walking towards her.
Soft footfalls light near silent even in the miss-fitting plate. Coming up along-side her he glanced over his shoulder towards her and spoke in his usual soft and light voice. Almost unnatural given his size. “Excuse me miss. You seem to look a little…Lost. Perhaps lost in thought?” He gave a small reassuring smile, his left hand up and holding onto the symbols of Priskil and Eryis lightly. Hoping for a touch of guidance. He had a little time to burn until garland appeared given his kids and other obligations. Thinking back on Sera Catherine and her almost brash curtness. He let a small sigh slip from him accidentally.
Last edited by Alexander Faircroft on February 9th, 2016, 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on January 30th, 2016, 6:07 pm

"Ahhh!!! I'm late!" Garland rushed about his room, slipping on his armor while getting the warmed milk he got to Phobos.

Sera Catherine was there too, sitting on his bed and playing with Aneeka. "You're so adorable!" She said and played with Aneeka's chubby little cheeks. "Don't worry, I'll take care of them while you're gone." She directed her latest sentence to Garland, who was busy feeding Phobos while putting his feet into his boots.

"I know you will, I'm worried what these two would do to you, Sera. Anyway, I should really get them back to the orphanage soon. I only brought them here because I missed them, I completely forgot that I had training scheduled today with Alex." Garland handed Phobos to Sera Catherine and ran out the door. Accidentally leaving behind his sword and shield.

"Weapons!" Sera Catherine yelled from his room. Garland rushed back into his room and took his weapons. Phobos had put one of his fuzzy hats on Garland and he left with it on.

"Hat!" Garland rushed back into his room with an audible groan and threw the hat onto the bed.

Garland rushed down the stone pathway, it was mostly covered in snow and was quite hard to run across, not to mention while one was wearing heavy, somewhat rusted armor.

It was not a pleasant jog, that's for sure. As he rushed down the familiar snow-covered streets, he noticed that Alex was right around the outside of the pits talking with someone.

He panted heavily as he stopped right next to Alex and the girl he was talking with, he had just sprinted his way from the dormitories to the pits! Of course he was winded. He raised his finger, signaling them to wait for him to catch his breath.

After a few ticks, Garland stood up straight and introduced himself. "Hello, my name's Garland, is something the matter?"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ball on February 9th, 2016, 5:40 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball found himself for once without Imass, his faithful dog was not feeling up to moving today it seemed. The dog was grumpy and unyielding in getting up. It worried the little Pycon tremendously and he was afraid, wondering briefly if he should take the dog to see someone. It wasn't easy though having to dodge feet and shake his little fist up at people, but eventually he found himself stuck between a trio of people that apparently weren't moving. ”Hey. I know at least two of you are squires and I suggest moving. I am already a bell late for meeting with Hammer Fist. Move your arses or I am going to move them for you.” Ball grumbled as he looked up, spotting the two squires and then someone he has never met, “Oh. Sorry guys. Didn't realize you were helping a lost person. Carry on.”

He looked sheepishly down before he tried to squeeze around the trio and head in the direction of the Fighters Pit. Pausing though when he heard the person was looking for the Pit caused the Pycon to turn around once more, “I hate to ask this, normally my dog is with me, he isn't feeling well though and was curious if I could catch a ride on one of your guys shoulder? I hate asking that, but… This walking really sucks.” Ball looked up, studying the two squires, they looked familiar and Ball was trying to recall them with much difficulty. One was more familiar than the other – like he beat them up more often, but the other seemed like he met recently. The lost person though he hadn't ever met though.

Looking her over though Ball frowned slightly, her hair was a bit of a pleated mess apparently, and she looked a bit tired, hungry maybe. “I should introduce myself. I'm Ball.” He waved up to the only lady of the trio, now quartet? Why does it always seem women are outnumbered in this city?

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Firenze on February 9th, 2016, 9:38 pm

Eyes roving the yard, snow littered the corners and edges and appeared as though someone had swept the center clean. Weapons appeared as though they were fairly clean yet well worn. She had no idea where she was going to start. Perhaps with a run to loosen up muscles and warming her core temperature up a little. A shiver ran through her as wind whipped around the corner.

She hadn’t heard the footsteps behind her, but jumped and turned quickly throwing a hand out, smacking it with a ‘ting’ noise against something hard. Crying out she pulled her hand against her, looking to see who had spoken after she realized they were just inquiring to see if she was lost. “I’m sorry you started me. I’m not lost right now,” she gave a soft chuckle and smile, “I think this is the place I was looking for. This is where you can train right?” As she went to look back to the yard her eyes caught something coming up behind the man with whom she had spoken to. Another man was running toward them and then came to a stop.

Eyes wide she looked between the pair. Syliras seemed to have a lot more helpful people than any other city that she’d ever been in. It was unusual but she wasn’t going to say no to a little help. Looking them up and down, the gear adorning their bodies, she assumed that they were knights and that they were going to train as well. A plan started to brew as she looked between them.

“Ah, yes, well… I suppose I could use some help, if you don’t mind?” She flashed a smile between the two. “I was coming to train, perhaps go for a run. I have quite a bit of energy that I’d like to work through. Sadly I’m not very familiar with any of the weapons on the rack. Would one of you mind giving me a few pointers?” Just as the words had escaped her lips a voice came from near her feet.

Scanning the ground she found the source of the barking commands. It was only a few inches high and unlike anything she’d ever seen. It was as though a clump of mud had formed into a little person looking bit and was walking around talking. She couldn’t wrap her head around it. Was it really alive? Her curiosity immediately took hold, eyes never leaving it as it stormed off sounding as though it were grumbling and then turned back around. It had asked to hitch a ride with one of the them and she bent at the knees, her overly large cloak flooding the ground around her body.

“Here,” she held out a hand for it, eyes bright and pupils someone dilated in fascination at the little clay person. Standing she placed her hand next to her shoulder and asked, “where are you needing to go?” Her head turned sharply to the side, she smiled , eyes watching, waiting to see what it would do next.
Others | Firenze | Thoughts

Post Template Courtesy of Ingrid
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 9th, 2016, 10:50 pm

The sound of echoing metal rang out as he glanced down to see her hand come into contact with his breast plate, it when swiftly withdrew. Shaking her hand hard she realized she’d hit solid steel. Apparently he’d startled her. Judging by the shaking of her hand this was definitely the case. Well she appeared to be in the right place which was a good thing. “Yes, this is the place where non-knights and squires can train.” He nodded lightly before hearing Garland’s voice call out behind him. Looking over his shoulder he smirked before saying to him in a louder but still soft tone.

“You’re late Garland. I’m guessing it was the kids?” A small smirk of understanding crossed his features as he turned back to face the young woman. Catching her glances between them he watched the gears in her head turn, something then clicked into place the look in her eyes said as much. She was asking them for a hand in training her? Alex contemplated a few things looking her over. Pretty sure that Garland was doing much the same. “I’ve no qualms against helping. Any particular weapon you’d like to learn how to use or would you be happy with whatever we taught you?” He gave a small motion kind of displaying the dizzying array of weaponry he wore.

Only shortly after did he catch the voice of someone familiar. Ball…Oh good gods above you love to test me don’t you?! Especially you Izurdin, ever testing my patience. Calm down he’s here for the same reason as myself and Garland. Training grounds are filled to the brim and the pit’s the next best place. He took a deep breath letting the words of ball wash over him. He was annoyed because he couldn’t get anywhere quickly? Oh his dog was sick.

Before Alex could offer his hand to help ball. The woman before him did it for him lifting the small pycon to her shoulder with a wide eyed look. As ball introduced himself Alex realized he’d forgotten to do so himself. “Ah forgive my rudeness. I’m Alexander Faircroft. Squire to Ser Greyheart of the Syliran knights. Pleasure to meet you miss?” He gave a small smile and a slight bow. If nothing else he had a grace to him which Ball and Garland lacked. Alex glanced down at his belt His hands then ran lightly over the handles of the blades on the left hand side of his body. “I had intended today to train with garland in how to use my bastard sword a little better. However I’d be happy to teach you how to use either that or the great sword I’m currently using.” Alex smiled lightly he only had practice with a few weapons his best by far was his bow but a close second was his dagger.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on February 15th, 2016, 3:16 am

Oh look a Ball by the feet. It took quite a lot for him to not jump out of his skin. Ball had a way of sneaking up on you and attacking if you're distracted.

"Oh, hello Ball." He said with a tinge of fear and respect. Though he mostly tried to conceal it with being polite. "We're heading to the pits as well."

He looked at Alex, hoping he would notice the look in his eye saying 'Maybe we should train somewhere else?' Of course, he wouldn't have any objections if they wanted to train together. He was just worried if Ball wouldn't hold back, he had seen him do things to a Yukman's leg that were not suppose to be seen.

It seemed Alex didn't notice his subtle stare. Soon they had made it to the pits, ready to train and practice. Did they're companion say her name? He couldn't remember, he was too distracted by Ball appearing to notice.

"Sorry I didn't catch your name." He said and looked over to the pits, seeing that there were people here, but the cold seemed to keep pits from being full like in the spring or autumn.

It seemed the pit itself was unoccupied, the others were simply practicing with their weapons on the outer rim of the pit, some looked eager to warm themselves with a bit of sparing, while the others were more focused on perfecting their form or keeping warm near one of the braziers.

"Oh! And we'll be training here, main focusing with our swords, but if you want I can show you a bit of hand-to-hand." He offered. "Ball's good with fighting with his fists, though I don't know how well Pycon fighting would translate to large folk fighting."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ball on April 17th, 2016, 3:17 am

“It translates quite well you over grown oaf.” He grumbled as they arrived at the pits, he didn’t bother to try and catch their non-order companion as he doubted she wanted to know even his name at this moment in time. Names weren’t entirely important to the minuscule pycon. “Why don’t I just sit this one out by this nice warm brazier and let you guys throw punches and weapons around? I will give tips or something if that’s okay? If I feel a need I might jump in. At least to protect the fair lady against you two.”

Ball huffed and shivered as he hopped over to the heating contraption and shooed the others off to train, “I am training, just in a far different fashion than you guys. You guys need the physical, I need to learn to take in the whole scenario and teach others how to fight better.” Especially if I am going to lead another into battle. Ball grimaced at the idea momentarily, taking another singular person under his proverbial wing and teaching them to survive amongst the throngs of death and their fellow brothers and sisters in arms. No no. I will not do that. I will train whole squads and wings of squires, they need to learn to fight with one another as well as separately. Leave the one-on-one to their patrons – dedicated training. Ball nodded and decided this would be a good time to try and teach others, guide them, Even a civilian needs to learn how to survive in case they find themselves in a situation with no squires or knights around.

OOCShort >.>
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Firenze on June 23rd, 2016, 5:04 pm

She followed the two men after placing the littlest Squire on the warming device. Out of the three, it appeared as though the smallest was the one with the largest mouth and needed to give the other two directions in their training. Or so it seemed to her. It, or he?... had said that it was also training but in a different fashion and she was unsure of what he’d meant by that. It was okay with her though because she was afraid that it might be squished or hurt in their swordplay. Fire had not met anything like the talking clay before, and it was becoming clear to her with her new freedom in the large city that you would see things that you probably might not see elsewhere.

Sunberth had been the only thing she’d know and while she knew there were other races she’d never actually thought that there might be more that what was in the small uncivilized city. Zeltiva had opened her eyes more to the vastness of their world and that there was more than met the eye and a lot more to explore but it was nothing compared to the experiences she’d had thus far in the newest city. Only having been there a short time she’d seen and undergone a vast amount of new things… and she was excited for more. It felt as though her curiosity and thirst for adventure were not quenched.

Eyes roved over the gray skies and the dim surroundings; the two men appeared as though they were willing to teach her to fight and for that she was grateful. “What do I need to do? Shouldn’t I put on some protection or is there a weapon that I need?” Her mouth cracked a smile, teeth flashing, “I’ll learn anything that you want to show me, I would just like to protect myself a little better… if that’s okay?”
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on July 30th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Letting Garland and ball lead the way Alex hung back a little leaning behind taking stock of Firenze’s build. The way she walked and the stride of her steps. She was confidant in herself and he could see that clearly without any further training. Perhaps he should be worried about things after all people with that much confidence know how to defend themselves at least a little. Sliding into the sands of the fighting pit behind the others Alex thumbed the hilt of his blade the smooth pommel relaxing to trace. Perhaps it wasn’t the best idea to use live blades. That could end very poorly. Whilst the others milled about looking over their base standings Alex marched over to one of the weapon racks pulling off three dulled weapons. A bastard sword, a longsword and a dagger. A variance in blades that could offer some choices for their compatriot. To pick amongst, and should one of his preferred weapons of choice be taken he had a fall back.

Arriving back at the small gathering Alex stabbed the tip of each blade into the sands before them making sure to steer clear of hitting ball.
“I thought I’d grab a selection as its best not to use live steel against an unarmoured opponent.” Alex let off a small disarming smile attempting to offer his hands out palms upwards to show that there was nothing there. “Now it’s entirely your choice as to what you wish to learn, Ball is quite clearly the unarmed master amongst us, Garland is a dab hand with a long blade and I’m more preferential to bows and small weapons.” The calculated weight of his words was not only to emphasize his compatriots strengths but to give them a boost to their own pride and confidence.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next