OOC Info Kenash Spring 516 AV Character Registry

Contains all you need to know for this spring.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Kenash Spring 516 AV Character Registry

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 1st, 2016, 10:07 am

Character Name: Valerius Nitrozian

Sex/Age/Race:Male, 27, Human

Social Class (Dynasty, Freeborn, Slave, Rujaro):A member of a very wealthy and influential family in Ravok … so a Freeborn, as far as Kenash is concerned.

Duration of stay: Forever, maybe.

What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: This season I want to get Valerius established in Kenash. I would also like to start working for one of the dynasties, possibly for the head of a dynasty, if that's at all possible. And finally I want to develop Valerius’ combat skills – that means training with the rapier, mostly!

What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?:I want to try for a darker tone in my writing, just like Timothy Mered. I want to show Mizahar that Valerius is far more than a spoiled brat with a questionable attitude.

In all the time I’ve played him Valerius has never had a relationship with another PC or even a NPC. I’d really like to see him in such a situation, maybe start something with a dynasty member, although what exactly that something would be like, remains to be seen.

It probably wouldn’t be soft and romantic and pretty though.

I want Valerius to climb the social ladder as far as a man that was not born into one of the dynasties can and become powerful. I want him to become his own man rather than just Lord Nitrozian’s grandson. In Ravok his grandfather’s shadow was always following him, so it will be interesting to see how things will go in a new city.

I want to move Valerius as far as possible out of his comfort zone. I want to confront him with some of the darker elements of Kenash, drugs, sex, alcohol, violence.

What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: Politics, intrigue, espionage, sex, violence and torture (especially if Valerius is the one inflicting those things on others), depravity, relationships (apart from the sappy kind)

Comments:I’m looking for people to RP with. If you want to RP with me, send me a PM!
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cyq on March 1st, 2016, 1:39 pm

Character Name: Cyq.
Sex/Age/Race: Male / 3 / Pycon.
Social Class (Dynasty, Freeborn, Slave, Rujaro): Freeborn.
Duration of stay: Indefinite.
What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: Meet people, get down some allies, bring up a business, work on finding some good slaves and making a name.
What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?: Meet new people, thread with them, set up some long-term plots!
What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: Dark themes, focusing on the debauchery of the city, the corruption, the misery of slave life... etc.
Comments: I don't bite, feel free to send me a PM, I'd love to thread with you! :D
Cyq
A Tiny Terror

Words: 116393
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2014, 5:33 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jay Darkcrest on March 1st, 2016, 3:42 pm

Character Name: Jay Darkcrest.
Sex/Age/Race: Male, 4, Kelvic.
Social Class: Freeborn, visiting with the Mischief.
Duration of stay: 22nd-34th.
What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: I'd like to see Jay get into a bit of trouble in Kenash because he's too curious for his own good. Also, it'll be interesting to explore his reaction to and opinion on Kenashian society. I think he'd enjoy interacting with the Rujaro, although I'm not sure if and how that would happen.
What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?: As always, I want to boost skills related to sailing and survival. I'm always looking for a potential bondmate too.
What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: Adventure, hunting & wilderness survival, socializing, parties, romance, faith.
Comments: Kenash will be different for Jay - he likes to party, but he also doesn't get hierarchy. That said, if you feel like meeting an adventurous, but slightly confused Kelvic, by all means PM me!
Jay Darkcrest
Pledge Faith to the Land

Words: 90114
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2015, 6:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Coryn on March 1st, 2016, 4:07 pm

Character Name: Coryn
Sex/Age/Race: Female/2 seasons/Ethaefal
Social Class (Dynasty, Freeborn, Slave, Rujaro): Slave, currently belonging to Konrad
Duration of stay: Forever and forever (or until those damned chains come off...)
What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: Ideally, I'd like to see Coryn do all she can to survive. This means exploiting, manipulating and Ranuri-ing. Yes, she's marked by Nikali and plans to use her gift as much as she can to secure her safety. If this means sleeping her way through Kenash, so be it. Trading sex for information is far from a bad thing.
What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?: I'd like to flesh Coryn out more and develop her skills. I really fancy her being a jack-of-all-trades kinda slave. Likewise, I want her to have some bonds with people, particularly other PCs and even more so members of the dynasties!
What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: Intrigue, espionage, romance, mystery, secrets.
Comments:
Coryn
has a hard time saying no.

Words: 80458
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2016, 10:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Haeli on March 1st, 2016, 5:18 pm

Character Name: Haeli

Sex/Age/Race: Female, Aprox 18, Human

Social Class (Dynasty, Freeborn, Slave, Rujaro): Freeborn

Duration of stay: Resident

What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: I want to build Haeli's relationships, clientele, and her bond with the Swamp itself in pure Phylonura style. I'd like to make her something of a bridge between the Freeborns and Rujaro, developing relationships with both. Haeli is very unsure of the whole Dynasty thing so she treads lightly around the people she calls farmers.

I would like Haeli to grow in her personality as well. Its hard to explain my PC in words, but she's grown up feral and has had very little interaction with humans. That's not to say she's naive at all. She's not. As a morpher and witch she has a very sophisticated sense of self. However, emotionally she's underdeveloped because she hasn't had to flex many sentient thoughts living in swamps, jungles, and even the skyglass city where everyone was kinda zoned out while she was there. Here, the bigger complexities of personality dynamics are going to elude her for a while.

Lets take sex for example. Haeli's never had any. Why? She thinks humans have sex to breed just like animals do in nature. Experiences such as lust or even dominance have never crossed her radar so while she's still a virgin, she knows the mechanics fairly well from roaming the wilds as a child. So she thinks if she ever decides to have a child, she just has to approach a man and ask him to do that for her. Fortunately, children aren't something she wants at the moment.

Haeli has a lot of misconceived notions about people along similar veins.

What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?: I'd like to actually see some PCs flourish in Kenash and do the right thing by the city as it was intended to be. And like I started as a project last week, I would like to see the Ghalash Swamp flushed out. That being said I want to build up some sites in the swamp and perhaps even come up with a map as it winds through the Plantations. It's an interesting location really - a low gradient waterway with multiple channels - that is really in no way depicted well on the plantation map. And I understand that wasn't the focus in the case of that map. But think about it. Each chunk of the swamp flows through chunks of these plantations and I see them fighting to control the ooze and at the same time needing the water for crops etc. Its going to be an interesting dynamic with things for a witch to do all the time.

And in terms of Haeli herself, I really want to expand her herbalism, perfuming, gardening, and animal handling skills in regards to her dovecot. I find her business really pleasurable to me and want to interact with that as much as possible.

What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: I really like all kinds of threads. I like things happening in each thread... be they skill building, relationship building, or even violence, sex, deep intellectual conversation, etc. I don't believe in sheltering my PC and I don't believe in predetermined plots. If I agree to thread with someone, I don't want them to feel they have to ask permission to do something in the thread that may result in positive or negative effects on my PC. I want them to just do it. We'll sort it out later!

My main sort of enjoyable thread is where a thread partner gives me a lot to work with and I don't find myself being the one telling the entire story and simply having yet another partner (this happens a lot) that just nods and reacts and waits for me to make the next move. I tend to grow bored of those threads incredibly fast.

I also like to see things completely develop IC. I don't like to assume things are going on outside of threads. So for example, if we've only had one thread, all my PC is going to know about your PC is what she's learned in that thread. All the interactions I'll base my RP on is from that one thread (or those threads we've had). I won't assume we are besties or enemies or even lovers unless it all happened in thread. Some people build up huge relationships outside of threads and I am just not one of these sorts to do that.

I really like threading about nature as well so being one of the self appointed Phylonura caretakers to the Ghalash Swamp should be a lot of fun. With Haeli's background she should be able to navigate the waters and mud just fine.

Comments: I'd really like to thread with all kinds of people - good, bad, indifferent. So if your interested in a thread, just pm me. I'm really looking to establish Haeli with a base of friends, acquaintances and enemies.

I do not, however, enjoy rping with child PCs. NPCs are fine. Even if Child PCs are ran by adult writers, there always seems to be an element there that I can't believe or buy into. Meaning the player rarely sells me that the character is a child. In most cases the pc is always played as a child having been forced to grow up well ahead of time and I don't find that true of Mizahar's theme. Children separated from their support base die. They are vulnerable. They are victims. They don't traverse the landscape willy nilly surviving by dumb blind luck without a whole host of survival skills. Most players design child pcs as orphans who are incredibly resourceful and smarter than the average person. It just doesn't ring true. Kids do stupid things and don't usually have the skillset or mindset to survive on their own in Mizahar's world. Yet there they are thriving away while behind there words is some aspiring author asking me to believe something that's not in my mind believable.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bronwen on March 3rd, 2016, 2:15 am

Character Name: Bronwen
Sex/Age/Race: 23 Year old female, human
Duration of stay: Temporary, a season or 2
What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: Bronwen is on a search to find, or find out what happened to, her sister, Samantha. Samantha disappeared from Syliras and a mystery letter has led Bron to Kenash. Other details I plan to work out IC
What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?: Increase Bron's combat skills, learn some life lessons, and over all character growth for Bron :)
What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: Anything exciting!

Bronwen
Making myself unforgetable

Words: 127034
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2014, 6:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Belinda on March 5th, 2016, 1:56 am

Character Name: Belinda Lucavis
Sex/Age/Race: 20/ very Female / Benshira/Human
Duration of stay: from the 26th till its time to move on
What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: What makes this city ticks? Why? where is my slice of heaven? How do they sink into such wickedness so easily and this city is ripe with such wickedness like a ripe orchard full of fruit to pick. Which fruit will be first?
What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?:skills up, little characterizations and getting to know people.
What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: Most but story driven and intrigueing
Comments: Hope to have some fun. Happy Threading!!
Belinda
Player

Words: 60966
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2016, 6:29 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Gates on March 6th, 2016, 12:15 am

Last edited by Gates on March 13th, 2016, 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gates
Player

Words: 3895
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2015, 2:46 pm

Postby Berkley Whispers on March 6th, 2016, 2:03 am

Character Name: Ferdinand Waylon Fitzkleiner

Sex/Age/Race: M / 20 / Human

Social Class: Freeborn

Duration of stay: Indefinitely

What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: Run a successful business and avoid anything too horrible. His main concern will be for his daughter. Skill grinding is a must.

What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?: Learn what it's like to have a non-combatant PC.

What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: For this character, I would like to delve into aspects of everyday life with every thread. Should the weird and divine manage to intercede, so be it. There's not much in way of plans for Fer so I'm open to discuss almost anything. PM me if you have any ideas.

Comments: So far, there seems to be a ton of interesting characters in the city. It'd be cool to RP with as many as possible.
Berkley Whispers
The Silver Rooster

Words: 40994
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2016, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on March 6th, 2016, 7:20 am

Character Name: Firenze
Sex/Age/Race: Female, 4, Kelvic
Social Class (Dynasty, Freeborn, Slave, Rujaro): Slave
Duration of stay: Temporary
What do you want to accomplish this season IC?: Find a master that will treat her well, not be raped and try to escape (if possible).
What do you want to accomplish this season OOC?: Skills (per usual), meet new and interesting people.
What kind of themes do you enjoy the most?: Everything! Not even kidding!
Comments:So far Fire has come into the city with a bang! I don't doubt the rest of the season will be just as exciting! I look forward to writing here. If anyone is interested in writing together PM me and we can try to figure something out.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext