IC Info Alvadas Spring 516 Calendar and Registry

Please find information on this season's events, and the registry for Spring.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Alvadas Spring 516 Calendar and Registry

Postby Kaleidoscope on March 1st, 2016, 1:16 am

Spring Registry and Calendar
Spring 516 AV

The horrors of Winter are swept aside by the chance for renewal, blooming forth from destruction. Alvadas lives to breathe again, but it's only through the valiant efforts of its people that it will flourish.

(Winter calendar here, also Take A Bow and Battle, Onwards.)

1st - 46th Spring, 516 AV
Alvadas in its entirety remains covered in yarn, wool, thread and other scraps of fabric left over from the previous season, and only the insides of buildings are unaffected by this latest trick of reality.
Occasionally a person will be found, sewn into the Weaving itself. Someone who is a bully will find their mouths sewn over, a brute will be unable to move their limbs... and whoever has disrupted the peace will undoubtedly find themselves at the mockery of any civilian who finds them. However, most of the time, the Weaving is harmless enough.
Undead bodies that once littered the streets are now disposed of, after clean-up operations and most, if not all buildings are as they once were.

1st - 3rd: Join In
Starting on the 1st day of the new season, the celebration/mourning of the Valterrian is undertaken with the party from last season carrying it forward. The celebration is always one of sadness and joyfulness mixed into one, and Alvads take the opportunity to appreciate the dual nature of the city in this three day party. Children and adults alike attend a play organised by the actors and actresses from the Crooked Playhouse- a highly symbolic and illusion-strewn event which makes audiences weep and laugh, almost in the same sentence.

11th: Helping Hands
A man has lost his grandmother! Anyone who can find her will be rewarded. The description that reads on the flier is as follows: My grandmother has gone missing this season. She is short and stooped, with thick curly grey hair. She was last seen wearing a yellow dress and a purple hat. Anyone who can find her will be rewarded 10 gold mizas and a home-cooked meal. [Please find attached quest here.]

20th - 30th: The Festival of Illusion
Business must go on. Despite the disruption of winter, the festival goes ahead as planned, if a little later than usual. If the festival is a little muted in comparison to other years, no-one mentions it.
Further details:
20th: Grand Opening :
The event opens in the evening, with a glorious display of lights and colours, illusions, explosions and showing off. Fabel is seen for the first time since his disappearance, and the Crooked Playhouse gains a large audience for a mind-bending play put on there.

21st: Chamelacake :
A cooking competition is open for any and all who reside in the city. The aim is to create a chameleon cake: one which can completely blend into its background. The judging of the event happens on the evening of the day, but of course, the best cake is the one that's never found...

24th: The Trade Fair :
The Trade Fair spills onto the streets of Alvadas, with wares from across the country displayed for all to see, and sometimes silly prices. However, tensions are a little high, due to the competition for space. Some of the traders get in a fight over a theft and an illicit tryst. One stall quickly becomes infamous for accidentally setting people on fire, but no-one is quite sure what they sell.

27th: The Temple of Ionu :
The Temple has a grand opening, with what seems like all of Alvadas turning out to worship and celebrate Ionu. A small dance troupe completely dressed in black perform in the Temple itself, and as they spin, their clothes shift and change colour in a myriad display. After the dance, they blend into the crowds and disappear.

29th-30th: Artism :
Cloth merchants erect a giant prism in the city, and art in all its forms is encouraged within the space. Soon, local artists are trying to paint the most mind-boggling display on the canvas, or musicians trying to play the most intricate music, whilst dancers compete to fit form to the most abstract sounds.

37th: Of Being
A beautiful woman with long black hair stands on top of a building, asking for an answer to a debate- should she jump off the building? At the end of the day, she will listen to whoever gives the best-argued answer. [Individual moderated threads assigned].

47th – 71st Spring 516 AV

It is as if the Conundrum has sprung a leak: the entirety of Alvadas appears to be underwater. If you’re trying to get somewhere, it will take even more time than usual. It is not uncommon to find a shark swimming past your head! Breathing feels natural, but some people find it stifling and search for the highest point they can. Oddly, it is soon discovered that you cannot swim in the water. The Weaving finally dissolves away, and seamlessly the streets become coated in bright, luminescent seaweed instead, that feels soft on the skin and glows throughout the night and day.

50th onwards: Catch a Lift
Someone has the bright idea of attaching carts to the sharks… whether the drivers are in control or not is a question that cannot be answered. However, the ride is exhilarating for as long as it lasts. The cost for a ride is 1 silver miza, no matter how long or short.

63rd: Don’t Think Too Hard
It is reported that a man drowns. His friends say that he was trying to figure out how he was able to breathe underwater, when he suddenly started choking. No-one knows if it is an isolated incident, but extra care is taken to not think about breathing. A few more people drown as a result.

68th-30th: Wailing
When there is nobody inside a building, it instantly turns into a whale. This makes getting home slightly tricky, as whales of course don't have doors. However, each whale has a different personality, and home-owners have the unique opportunity to make friends with their houses... that is, if you can understand wailing.

72nd – 91st Spring 516 AV

The water freezes, leaving the city feeling a lot colder than is usual for Alvadas’ climate. Travel seems impossible, but it is soon easily solved by the discovery of tunnels throughout the ice, tunnels that seem to shift and move in much the same way as the streets of Alvadas. To suit the temperature, citizens encourage the wearing of elaborate furs and layers of warm clothing, trying to match the colours and palette of this newest illusion.

73rd: Break the Ice
A few tunnels become blocked-off, isolating the individuals from the outside world for a day. Some try to escape, but some simply take the time to enjoy stranger's company and learn new things.

74th-80th: Stand and Deliver
A foolhardy thief takes advantage of the curves and twists under the ice, and demands mizas from unwilling Alvads. He is said to be dressed in dark clothes, and no-body has yet seen his face. However, before his deeds get too drastic, he is found on the other side of the ice, put there by some unknown force.

77th onwards: Echo-Echo-Echo
A large space cut into the ice is discovered, which is closed off on one end. Only one person can enter at a time. However, enter with caution, as only the foolish rush in when you don't know what you will encounter. There are tales and rumours that quickly circulate saying that when you enter, any noise you make will echo, and as it does, it becomes alive.

80th onwards: Fighting Force
A brave soul who seems to be under the protection and approval of the Speakers starts advertising the creation of a fighting squad. Her name is Ersal, and she will recruit anyone who shows willing, and who is devoted to the city. To join, all you have to do is defeat whatever is inside the ice cave, and come out alive to tell the tale.

The Mischief

The boat sets off on another long journey. The crew is perhaps heavier than usual, with more people trying to leave the city due to the events of last season. If you want to use the Mischief please remember you will need to apply for a job on the ship. There is no free travel!

Details and Dates :
7th: Leaving Port
Despite the disruption of Winter, the Mischief leaves on time, laden with goods to travel to Kenash. There is a small send-off at the Patchwork Port, and the ship's sails look like blankets, mirroring Alvadas itself. As the boat is about to go out of the Port's waters, a small shape is thrown overboard. Apparently, stowaways are not tolerated!

20th: Flooding
Some of the performers aboard the Mischief complain of flooding. A leaking barrel is soon found to be the culprit, but not after a day's water is lost.

22nd - 34th: Kenash
The Mischief arrives in Kenash, and goods are exchanged. The first day it arrives in port, the boat is bedecked from hull to stern with multi-coloured flags. In port, a slight incident with drunkenness occurs, and the offender is not allowed any more time off ship. On the day it leaves, its sails are, in fact, trees.

46th - 66th: Riverfall
As the Mischief pulls into Riverfall, the ship becomes mind-bogglingly, elegantly crafted from marble. Pillars and colonnades form where none should, but as it still floats, it is treated much the same as any other day. Goods are transferred to and fro, and merriment is had. The ship leaves Riverfall on the 66th, and looks like a normal ship- however, it feels very much like jelly.

70th: Forgotten
The entire crew dreams the same dream, but no-body can remember it, apart from the fact that they were all in it. It is equally remembered that someone was left behind in Riverfall. However, to each individual, the ship looks different.

71st - 76th: The Taloba Outpost
The trip to the Taloba Outpost mostly centers around gearing up for the trip to Lhavit, as the journey is long. The ship becomes sturdy and blocky, and several members of the crew host a small party on the 75th, with lots of music and dance, if rather lacking in food or ale. A rain shower on the 76th causes spirits to be low.

86th: Stop!
Pirates are sighted from the crows nest, and the ship prepares for the worst. However, the do not seem to spot them, and the evening evolves into a party, containing party games. The next morning, most crew members have a hangover.

Seasonal Challenges:
o Reminisce about the past or dream about the future.
o Attend the Festival of Illusion and take part in one or all of the events.
o Ridicule a person trapped in the Weaving, or become trapped yourself.
o Go barefoot and accessorise your feet!
o Engage in a debate with a stranger.
o Take a ride on a shark.
o Find your way to the surface of the water.
o Play an icebreaker game with Alvads in a trapped tunnel.*

*Feel free to play a game to figuratively 'break the ice', or an actual game to smash the ice. (Game of your choosing!)

Registry
Spring denizens of Alvadas, please post in this thread using the registry form below.

Code: Select all
[center]
[size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]
[b]PC Name: [/b]
[b]Age & Sex:[/b]
[b]Profession:[/b]
[b]Purpose of Being In Alvadas:[/b]
[b]Likes To Thread About:[/b]
[b]Dislikes To Thread About:[/b]
[b]Needs Training/Moderator Assistance:[/b]
[b]Willing to Guest Moderate?:[/b]
[b]Favorite Thread from Last Season?:[/b]
[b]A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You:[/b]
[b]Additional Comments:[/b]
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cyrene Everwind on March 1st, 2016, 1:43 am

Character Registry

PC Name: Cyrene Everwind
Age & Sex: 445 Female
Profession: Smith / Singer
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Leaving on the mischief.
Likes To Thread About: Whatever i can
Dislikes To Thread About: not a lot really.
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: naaah i may need a question answered but good otherwise.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: yes, happily
Favorite Thread from Last Season?: Couldnt say.
A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You: Cy is a grumpy old eth-isur, with the voice of spun silk
Additional Comments: Come one come all i only got 7 days here.
Cyrene Everwind
Beauty in the Blaze. Song in the Steel

Words: 89296
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2016, 10:34 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aislyn Leavold on March 1st, 2016, 1:53 am

Character Registry

PC Name: Aislyn Leavold
Age & Sex: 21 & Female
Profession: Artist for hire.
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Residency.
Likes To Thread About: Angst. Character development. Situations that are out of the character's comfort zone. Or just flip said comfort zone inside out.
Dislikes To Thread About: I'm entirely guilty of this, and this is entirely a pet peeve against myself, not other people (mostly when it comes to solos): threads that aren't thought out. Things can really run into the ground without a plot, unfortunately. That being said, interesting ideas ahoy!
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Only to sort out whatever is happening with Ionu's Stand :)
Willing to Guest Moderate?: In a shocking change of pace, yes.
Favorite Thread from Last Season?: The Beginning of the End or All's Well That Ends Badly.
A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You: Illusionism and secrecy!
Additional Comments: I'm very, very hyped for spring. I've heard about so many plots and plans that people have for this season. I'm also, for the second season in a row, registering before the season has actually ended in my timezone. Which amuses me greatly :D
Last edited by Aislyn Leavold on March 1st, 2016, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aislyn Leavold
Just an illusion.

Words: 647829
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2016 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Karin on March 1st, 2016, 2:29 am

Character Registry

PC Name: Karin Ironyach
Age & Sex: 17 & Female
Profession: Apprentice carver at Wooden Wonders Workshop
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Resident who's leaving! (cry-face)
Likes To Thread About: I love to thread about the beautiful ocean waaaaves... But I feel like I've been doing that to death, so mostly just threads about Svefra. I'm incredibly narrow-minded with lil Karin.
Dislikes To Thread About: Meet and greets. But mostly because Karin is not a social bunny, so meeting other people is not something she does willingly.
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Nope.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Nope, not this season.
Favorite Thread from Last Season?: I'm not sure I actually have a favourite, as a lot of them are still going. Oops.
A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You: If you want to have an area ward conversation, or explore the wilderness together, then I'm your girl. If you're travelling on the Mischief this season, then I'm even more your girl, as that's what I'm travelling on.
Additional Comments: Alvadas will always be one of my favourite places in Miz, ever, and there's every chance Karin will be back next year, depending on what happens. Looking forward to this season so much, however!

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Phobius on March 1st, 2016, 4:02 am

Character Registry

PC Name: Phobius
Age & Sex: 20 Years Old, Male
Profession: Courier (though he's been slacking a bit, lately)
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: I swear this'll be the season I get this fluffball a house.
Likes To Thread About: Pretty much anything, though I've got a soft-spot for conflicts and distressing things that result in bucketloads of feels. c:
Dislikes To Thread About: Boring conversations that go nowhere.
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Nah
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Always!
Favorite Thread from Last Season?: DOOR SHENANIGANS
A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You: Pho's always up for making friends and going on adventures, so feel free to shoot me a PM if you think you want a human puppy following you around. Hugs are almost always guaranteed. Oh, and he's a courier-for-hire, so send me some fun job ideas, too!
Additional Comments: The season looks like it'll be a good one, guys!
Note: Unless otherwise is stated, Phobius is almost always wearing a blue-beaded bracelet that alters illusions around him based on his mood. That can include player-made illusions. c:
Phobius
Perpetually Curious

Words: 283495
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2014, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jay Darkcrest on March 1st, 2016, 2:04 pm

PC Name: Jay Darkcrest
Age & Sex: 4, male.
Profession: Bartender at the Wolf's Cave.
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Visitor, leaving with the Mischief.
Likes To Thread About: Adventure, hunting & wilderness survival, socializing, parties, romance, faith, many other things.
Dislikes To Thread About: Lack of character development.
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Aye, I will be applying for a job at the Mischief soon.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Nope.
Favorite Thread from Last Season?: Where Lights Lead.
A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You: Jay is a friendly, funny, social and relaxed fellow, has no problem approaching others if they seem interesting. He likes trading stories and would do anything for a friend. The fact that he's looking for a bondmate is just the cherry on top. ;)
Additional Comments: Like Cyrene and Karin, Jay is leaving on the Mischief, but that still gives us a few days of spring to party in Alvadas! So if you're up for a thread, by all means PM me!
Jay Darkcrest
Pledge Faith to the Land

Words: 90114
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2015, 6:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on March 2nd, 2016, 1:00 am

PC Name: Sayana
Age & Sex: 22 & F
Profession: To be determined (she's not in Alvadas for long)
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Wrapping up some plots regarding Illusions
Likes To Thread About: Sneaky stealth, hypnotism, last memories of Ionu's fair city
Dislikes To Thread About: Threads without a plot or purpose
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Just to wrap up Sayana's illusion plots
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Probably not, but you could ask
Favorite Thread from Last Season?: This Little Piggy (despite my mental hassles afterwards) and Everyone has a Dark Side
A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You: Any last words with this lovely Eypharian (hopefully).
Additional Comments: I shall be departing to Syliras early in the season. But there are still a couple of days to plot if you would like to do a thread.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Yisanareysin on March 6th, 2016, 3:31 pm

Timestamp

Character Registry

PC Name: Yisanareysin (Reysin )
Age & Sex: 119, Male
Profession: Spy / giant nerd
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Chilling, mostly.
Likes To Thread About: Sneaky things, magic, chatting/arguing about illusions, trying and failing to manipulate people
Dislikes To Thread About: Conversations that just go on and on and on with no point
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Nah
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Definitely not
Favorite Thread from Last Season?: Most of them are still going on... whoops
A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You: Let's be honest why wouldn't you want to thread with a nerdy, amoral snakey spy.
Additional Comments:
So, I left a lot of people hanging this last month. Sorry about that. It's been a bad month, both externally and internally. I'll try to get back at it, and yes, I will finish all those threads I swear.

Snake Toungue : Common : Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Raylan Ramsey on March 11th, 2016, 1:27 pm

Character Registry

PC Name:
Raylan Ramsey Zallow

Age & Sex:
28 year old Male.

Profession:
Masseur at the Stark Naked & Starstruck.

Purpose of Being In Alvadas:
Resident.

Likes To Thread About:
Intrigue, investigation, espionage, thrilling, suspenseful threads.

Dislikes To Thread About: :
Pure heavy battle only focused threads. Ray is not a combative PC. But, sudden moments of action are enjoyed.

Mod interventions: Yes

Needs Training/Moderator Assistance:
No mod assistance needed at the moment.

Willing to Guest Moderate?:
Not right now.

Favorite Thread from Last Season?:
I honestly don't know.

A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You:
Raylan is an Intelligent and purposely foolish trickster, a troublemakers who will try to manipulate others to get what he wants. And as a hedonist, his wants are often shallow. He's no true motives other than having the most 'interesting' day as he can.

Additional Comments:
I'll be working towards getting Raylan more anchored to the city, free to contact me at anytime for a thread!
Last edited by Raylan Ramsey on April 16th, 2016, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raylan Ramsey
Insane On A Good Day

Words: 50459
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 2:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Naia Whitewater on March 11th, 2016, 2:21 pm

NAIA
Character Registry

PC Name: Naia Whitewater
Age & Sex: 23 and Female
Profession: Sailor
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Leaving on The Mischief
Likes To Thread About: Adventure, Astronomy, learning, reading, writing, story telling, magic
Dislikes To Thread About: Nothing at all, really!
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: None to be needed :)
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Of course!
Favorite Thread from Last Season?: Haha, since so many of them are still going... I am afraid I cannot quite choose!
A Few Reasons Why Someone Might Thread with You: She's a very well read and well learned Svefra, who may immortalise the ventures in ink and paper?
Additional Comments: Naia will only be in for a few days, but I am still happy to thread! However, preferably only at the end of March and onwards, since I am still quite backlogged from last season. I look forward in particular to writing with The Mischief crew! :D

The season calendar looks splendid! Marvelous job Kal! :D
Liar Naia
OOC Note: Decided to kick into gear and bring Naia back, but it might take a month or so until I'm happy that I've cleared everything.
Naia Whitewater
The Roaring Silence

Words: 146083
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Next