Technological Break Through? (Advancements/Improvements)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 12th, 2016, 11:50 pm

Hey all! So I've been thinking.... If this were ever to happen... I feel like we should have some new gear advancement or something... I believe to my best interest that Mizahar should have some sort of break through with cool and unique type of tools/weaponry anything that could improve Mizahar and its tools! So... Without further ado I would like to begin with some ideas that I have in mind.

Lyvander :
Concept: An indestructible rope. This rope could have the ability to bind ones enemies for eternal life. Unless, the God who chooses to side with those bounded they would be the only ones to be able to release the person/people bounded.

Main Reason: The main reason of the Lyvander Rope is to contain those who can possibly be overwhelming and have grown quite insane with magic.

Special Abilities: This rope as stated previously, can bind your enemies for eternal life without it being untied or destroyed.

Detains the magic user of his/her use of magic.

Materials that it is made out of.

A little bit of every clothing material. :)

And it is created with a bit of magic to expand its length and durability.

Consequences for mages who make it: A few days of Overgiving and the amount increases by every 5 inches made.

OOCNow that I come to think of it, this seems to be like some sort of mage crafted weapon. I hope this is alright. :)

I have some ideas in my head, but they are all being jumbled up inside my head currently. I hope this idea sparks an interest at least. I'm not sure if this mage crafted item would be approved, but worth a shot. I would love for some critique and other ideas since I'm hoping that this idea would spark some sort of God assigned quest by the ST's or something. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 28th, 2016, 8:56 pm

I think that such an item would have to be crafted from sort of special material as opposed to a bit of every type of material.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 28th, 2016, 9:04 pm

It's basically what it's intended for. An indestructible Msgr crafted rope that binds the enemies securely and indefinite. It's made actually with whatever can be used to make a piece of string/rope. The only way to disable it is with a weapon of a god... I was thinking that this rope could be useful to tie some loose ends with the Gods/Goddesses. Maybe make some interesting plotlines...

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on April 28th, 2016, 11:08 pm

Hey, if you're looking specifically at anti-magic items/techniques, definitely check out the lore article regarding Antimagic.

The djed shackles listed there are items that PCs have made on Miz and potentially some of the other techniques have been done as well.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 28th, 2016, 11:33 pm

Thanks Say! I'll take a real good thorough look at it! :)

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes