OOC Info [OOC] Don't Lick the Icicles

This is the thread for anything and everything.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Inside the Icehouse is Avanthal’s development subforum. This forum is designed to support all Avanthal players in an OOC manner and allow players across Mizahar to contribute to the development of the city and the Vantha race. Found within are the Suggestion Box and other threads meant to contribute towards the development of the city as well as threads to aid players in their story and plot planning process.

[OOC] Don't Lick the Icicles

Postby Prophet on May 7th, 2016, 4:53 am

Hello everyone! This is the OOC thread. If you are unfamiliar with the concept then don't fret because it's really quite simple. You can talk about anything you want in here so long as it follows the rules set for by the founders of the site. Discuss your characters, plots, the city or talk about real life and how it's making you mad because you can't find time to post as much as you'd like. This is the great white north of Mizahar. Feel free to express yourselves.

You can find the old OOC Thread here.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Prophet on May 31st, 2016, 11:32 pm

I make development threads and you guys bury me but I make an OOC thread and it collects dust. #_#

Anyway, I posted a new announcement so be sure to check it out! Also... It's bloody SUMMER!
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Argos on June 1st, 2016, 12:10 am

Haha, we're all just excited to see this city get built up I guess :)

Also, SUMMER! Woo! Time for cold lemonade and warm sand! Or whatever the Vantha equivalent is. I assume it involves shivering from the cold.

Regardless, just wanted to pop in and say hello to the other PCs here, and that I'm always down for plotting/threading with anyone that wants to. Stay frosty my friends.
Argos
Just a pinch of madness

Words: 9438
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 2:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on June 1st, 2016, 12:19 am

Epifanio Snowsong
Epifanio would like to participate in the event on the 1st and a few others. Listed below is my intentions with Epifanio and what you might see him doing throughout the season!

On the 1st: Epifanio is playing his gamba out at the smoldering Embrace to help entertain and set the mood to mark the change of the Season!

On the 13th - Epifanio is reluctant about joining in the hunt at first, but begs his fellow hunters in the other halls to tag along and hopefully get some new adventure stories to tell! Along the way he will offer support with his bow and maybe try to Praise to Rhaus for a good hunt!

On the 19th – Following the Hunt, Epifanio finds him grouped with a series of beat-down hunters. Trying to improve the morale of the hunters Epifanio tells stories and plays music!

On the 44th-46th Epifanio is working in the Crystal Hall, and is quickly taken over by a masquerade of people. During this time he prepares for one of his biggest events and acts he has done and tried to write! Though not participating in the Ice Sculpting competition Epifanio has his own art to add to the event in the form of tantalizing music, poetry, and acting – hoping to maybe stir up some creativity for the carvers!

On the 51st to the 55th Epifanio is snowed in. He doesn’t have many supplies with him, and possibly goes on the verge of starving. Can he make it out, is he alone?

The events will occur in Chronological order, and will be OPEN to those who would like to join me. As such you do not need to PM me to join in on the events that I thread.

This is an option for speech.
This is an option for speech.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Words: 96514
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 12:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Avanthal Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Junco on June 1st, 2016, 12:50 am

Hey everybody and Thank Morwen it's Summer!

I wanted to let everyone in on the threads I have planned so far this Summer with you all. Per Prophets request all these threads will be open but please PM me before posting. Also these are all calendar events because I currently have no imagination of my own :P

First Micah Frostfawn and I are participating in the Event of the Coolwater Hunt on the 13th. (This is assuming that Frostfawn are invited along in the hunt). Anyone else who thinks they would realistically have a place in the hunt is welcome!

Epifanio Snowsong and I are participating in the Event on the 19th at the Hunter Savant Lodge. Anyone else who thinks they would like this event is also welcome! Just keep in mind that the lodge is difficult to find to those who don't know exactly where it is.

Next Lucy Snowsong and (probably) Epifanio Snowsong and I are doing a thread during the storm from the 51st-55th. This one I am a little less open to people coming in besides who I already have because it is a personal plot thread for Junco's character. During this thread Junco will be meeting and beginning a cordial relationship with his future (NPC) wife, whom Lucy will introduce to him. Unlike the 13th and the 19th (as far as I understand) this thread isn't one of a kind so other PCs can make their own separate threads for the same time and event. So dont feel like you will miss out RPing the storm if you aren't in our thread. If however you do want to be part of our thread PM me with a good excuse and I'll think about it. But remember I'm much less open to it because of the importance to my character.

Also just to pop this in there I would like to thread about the Wooly herd at the end of the season. If anyone else wants to join in that let me know!

And finally sine the Coolwater Hunt will count as one job thread for Junco I need to write another one. I can write it solo although I would prefer not to. Junco is a hunter so this will be an active hunting thread. If someone wants to join Junco and his NPC hunting group shoot me a PM to discuss!

I will edit this post and give links to each thread mentioned once they begin. Please please if you want to thread with me and have an idea PM me! I'm sure we can work something out :D

Dear Prophet: :
You mentioned that we must finish threading one event before we start another, I'm wondering if this still holds or if it only pertains to moderated threads. I want to start as many of these as soon as I can simply because I've seen that a lot of threads can last months or even a whole season depending on how quickly players respond. I don't want to be left at the end of Summer with unfinished threads and placeholders.

Shimoje was here?
Junco
Chris John Millington - Model

Words: 83397
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2016, 10:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Prophet on June 1st, 2016, 2:20 am

Let's do this:

The event rules exist because players would swallow up several events at a time and that would leave other people out. Since most of these can be duplicated or will be shared, I think we can bend the rules. Start with one. Let's see how your posting goes. If everyone is getting along and plots are developing then send me a PM about claiming a second event. Since the claims have to be made in the calendar thread, any new PCs can see what's going on and who to contact if they wish to join. How does that sound?
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Junco on June 1st, 2016, 3:17 am

Sounds perfect to me. I'm going to start with the storm on the 51st-55th as long as Lucy and Epi are cool with doing that first.
Junco
Chris John Millington - Model

Words: 83397
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2016, 10:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Micah Frostfawn on June 1st, 2016, 7:53 pm

If there any other PCs who haven't yet decided where they will be snowed in, but do still want to thread with another player, PM me! I'm really intrigued to see what situations Micah can get herself into and want to be as collaborative as possible with my fellow Snow men and women.

That said, I'm really interested to get Micah into the veterinary career, so if anyone ever wants to thread with anything pertaining to animals and/or medicine, please let me know!

And of course if you just generally want to thread with another being, I'm your gal. In terms of plots, I'm pretty happy to work with whatever and can happily slide into whatever idea you have in mind, or of course can collaborate together to build up a plot of our own :)

HAPPY SUMMER GUYS!
Micah Frostfawn
Player

Words: 28529
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2015, 6:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on June 1st, 2016, 8:03 pm

Ill thread with you micah ;-) send me a pm
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Words: 96514
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 12:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Avanthal Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Alekxandra Winterflame on June 1st, 2016, 8:16 pm

Hey everyone, thought I would pop in and say hi now that I got my CS finished! I'm looking forward to RPing with any of you!

Micah if you'd like to be snowed in together it sounds like it might be fun! Alek would like just cause too much havoc holed up in her own hold alone with no one to bother but her siblings xP

I'd also love to join that hunt. It's right up Alek's alley, especially since I'd love to up her tracking and wilderness survival. She's novice, but she might come in handy.

If anyone is also looking to cause some trouble, Alek would probably love to help!
Alekxandra Winterflame
Player

Words: 109020
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2016, 6:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next