Quest Collaborative Quest OOC

Quest Members Only, Please.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Prophet on May 19th, 2016, 9:33 pm

This is a temporary OOC thread for the purpose of streamlining the joint quest's IC thread. The main plot of the joint thread is conflict. Some of you are for the operation and some are against it.

Pick a side then pick a fight.

Here's the basics: There are lots of PCs here. In order to keep the IC thread from becoming absolute chaos, I have a few things I want everyone to keep in mind so I can easily manage all of the action.
  • Pair off amongst yourselves. I prefer that there only be two PCs to a group. I will list NPCs which I will control but you can all control unlisted NPCs (within reason).
  • If there is PvP, there will be no autoing/godmoding. Please use this thread to figure out how you want your scenes to unfold.
  • Try to keep your posts concise. When there is conflict, a short post is acceptable since there is a lot of back and forth.
  • If there is a dispute, I have final say.
  • Don't argue or antagonize...discuss and manage.
  • I expect everyone to treat one another with respect. Don't test this because you won't be happy with the results.
  • Have fun!

You can all post in the IC thread once I have it up which I anticipate will be Friday. If you have unfinished business in your respective threads, feel free to continue that at a pace that suits you.

An Elysium Template
Last edited by Prophet on November 30th, 2016, 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Prophet on May 19th, 2016, 9:33 pm

As promised...

The Drykas NPCs

Evain
ImageName: Evain
Race: Human, Chaktawe
Title: Runaway Slave
Skills: Endurance - 66, Singing - 37, Weapon: Pickaxe - 22

Additional Info:
Not much is known about Evain. When she first appeared in the Drykas' tunnels, she was half-starved, crazed with fear and insomnia and made no discernible speech. After a few days of recovery she made some wild claims that were convincing enough to warrant a formal investigation. Time will tell if she's crazy or just lucky.

Aris
ImageName: Aris Riverwatcher
Race: Drykas
Title: Tavehk of the Watch
Skills: Observation 72, Riding: Horse - 62, Weapon: Shortbow - 49, Philosophy 45, Weapon: Saber 39, Horsemanship 30, Webbing 25, Interrogation 20, Investigation 15

Additional Info: As a boy in the Topaz Clan, Aris grew up among philosophers and guardians, and wanted nothing more than to follow in their footsteps. He has since become a confident and capable Tavekh, though not one ambitious to climb further ranks. When not occupied with Watch business, he can often be found among other members of his Clan, where they rehash well-worn discussions of philosophy, principle, and the oft-fuzzy lines dividing custom from law. Aris is unswerving in his love of and devotion to the Drykas, and for all his egalitarian tendencies, holds firmly to the traditions and necessities of his people. Twice married, Aris is the father of two sons and a daughter; he lost one son to the pox, and his daughter wed into the Diamond Clan some years ago.

Sparrow
ImageName: Sparrow Sunmane
Title: Ra'athi of the Watch
Skills: Riding: Horse - 42, Weapon: Spear - 37, Webbing - 34

Additional Info:
Sparrow is young but highly capable. He is one of the fiercest warriors on the Watch and never accepts losing. His spear is a thing to be feared as both a ranged and melee weapon. The only thing scarier than seeing him chuck it through a target is looking back to see him holding another spear.

Deathspark
ImageName: Deadspark
Title: Path Guardian
Skills: Endurance - 64, Weapon: Dagger - 49, Tactics - 39, Reimancy: Fire - 31, Dual Wield - 22

Additional Info: Deathspark's real name was given up when he became a member of the Underwatch. He never bonded to a strider as a child or young man and had no encouragement to do so. One day he stumbled into the tunnels that run beneath the Sea of Grass and knew where he belonged. He is intelligent and brutal but his loyalty to his race (though they choose to ignore him) is unwavering.

The Slaver NPCs

Allister
ImageName: Allister Widowsong
Race: Human
Title: Badass
Role: Project Boss
Skills: Persuasion - 79, Weapon: Longsword - 71, Leadership - 62, Acrobatics - 60, Interrogation - 51, Tactics - 47, Hypnotism - 44

Gnosis: Level 1 Vexation :
Those with a single mark from Krysus are able to amplify the pain caused through direct injury to another via touching them. The actual wounds are no more severe although the pain felt from them is. Thus if a someone with a mark from Krysus were to cut someone with a dagger, that person would feel as though they were stabbed with it. Unless the wound itself is fatal, the victim will not necessarily die from the pain although they may very well wish they had. Only a single target can be affected by this at any one time. The marked also suffers from the before mentioned curse.

Additional Info: This man stepped foot in Kenash without anyone knowing who he was or why he had come to the city of sin and decadence. There was very little that he would say and simply made his way about town. After a few weeks, he was a regular visitor to several Dynasty manors and a short while after that, one could scarcely find him. All that could be inferred was this man had a great deal of wealth and influence because the Dynasties fought over who was going to house, feed and entertain him. Some whisper he is an envoy of a foreign government and others that he is a dark wizard. The truth is far more complicated but isn’t it always?

Babyface
ImageName: 'Babyface'
Race: Human.
Title: Slaver.
Skills: Torture 89, Intimidation 75, Weapon: Club 44, Brawling 31.

Additional Info: Rumor has it that this individual was never born, but instead it was created in a laboratory. He never received a name, perhaps because he never had a childhood, and because of that he was named 'Babyface' by all who employed his services. Others say that this name was given to him due to the nightmarish looks of him, his features similar to a baby's. Rumor has it that he never talks, nor ever looks directly at somebody salve if they are their next victim. Another rumor states that his brutality was enough to make the Goddess of Pain feel sick. There are only rumors surrounding this individual, and perhaps it was that which caused the Dynasties of Kenash to hire him.

Girlilla
ImageName: Girlilla.
Race: Human, Benshira.
Title: Slaver.
Skills: Weapon: Battleaxe 37, Acrobatics 42, Intimidation 41, Observation 36.

Additional Info: Beautiful and intelligent at first glance, Girlilla is certainly not what it looks like. Following a traumatic event in her childhood, something in this young woman's mind broke and was never repaired. Taking the battleaxe with her, she is one of the very few slavers that, despite her nature, still makes a living with her trade of choice. In truth, she has become violently obsessed with the blood of others. The delusion brings her to a place where red is the only color that matters. Despite being a terrifying adversary, Mizas have a way of keeping her task-oriented.

Wild Kat
ImageName: Katherine 'Wild Kat' Ropper
Race: Human
Title: Slaver
Skills: Weapon: Hammer - 40, Intimidation - 37, Bodybuilding - 21, Acrobatics - 20, Tactics - 18

Additional Info:
Wild Kat got her name by beating several men senseless with a hammer. Her weapon of choice never leaves her hip unless it's going to bash someone's skull or hand. She has a temper that is always ready for a good flare-up. Most do as she asks, even some of the scarier folk who work the mine. It's not a straight up intimidation as it is the fear of the unknown. The fight that earned her the nickname saw four armed men, all larger than Kat, sent to a watery grave for trying to get her to dance for them. The best part of the story is that they were trying to pay her for her time; guess she had other plans.

Foreman
ImageName: The Foreman
Race: Human.
Title: The Boss's Man.
Skills: Intimidation - 68, Cutlass - 52, Hatchet - 44, Dual Wield - 41, Endurance - 37.

Additional Info: Not much is known about the man simply referred to as 'The Foreman'. He was a man who knew how to get the job done and spent a fair amount of time working the plantations as a prod. The Radacke's used him as muscle on trade ships and before long the man became a force to be reckoned with. When Allister came into town and began inspecting the plantations for workers, he found Foreman and knew he had his man. Foreman has been handling business for the mysterious man ever since. Very few people ever cross the huge man and those that do always regret it later.

An Elysium Template
Last edited by Prophet on May 28th, 2016, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on May 20th, 2016, 12:28 am

Seeing as how Jasmine is not much of a fighter, she will most likely start trying to set slaves free
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Ixzo on May 28th, 2016, 4:09 am

Setting the slaves free? I may be missing the plot, but Ixzo wants to fight! For a good cause of course... hehe...
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Verena Lorak on May 28th, 2016, 4:19 am

Popping in to say hello to everyone!! :D
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Words: 234038
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on May 28th, 2016, 12:09 pm

That will just be Jasmine's first instinct. Keep from getting killed and keep innocent from being killed. Hi Verena you must be part of the Kenash group. Also it will be at least this afternoon before I can start working on a reply guys
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Waisana on May 28th, 2016, 12:39 pm

Hello! Thought I might as well drop in and make my presence known. Waisana doesn't like the idea of fighting or killing so she's not going to put herself in a position to have to go up against someone unless she really has to, say in self-defence or to protect someone else. Her protective instinct is strong and she'd be eager to help anyone she can. First and foremost, she's a doctor so that has a strong influence on her actions. So yes, if there are slaves to be freed that would probably be something she'd do as well as looking them over to see if they needed medical treatment.

I don't really know where things are heading though so... we shall see.
Active threads: 2 of 5
2 Quest threads

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others
Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Words: 363907
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Merevaika on May 28th, 2016, 1:17 pm

Merevaika will fight anyone and anything that threatens her. Whichever side seems to look like it's winning - she'll be on it! (probably with the Watch because they have her Strider)
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Ixzo on May 28th, 2016, 1:38 pm

As I see what is going on, I have to amend my earlier statement. Ixzo won't go out to start a fight, she'll fight to protect those she cares about, that being the Drykas. If setting slaves free helps with that, then so be it, but her priority is getting those she knows out safely. Only then will she extend her protection to strangers, like the slaves. Either way she's fighting, haha. :D
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Collaborative Quest OOC

Postby Amunet on May 28th, 2016, 1:50 pm

probably going to go help save and release slaves, defend those who need it and heal along the way.

i have no idea how useful amunet is going to be in this conflict, but that little fireball of a healer will probably be a little of everywhere.
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next