Onward to the Outpost!

Ball drags his squire and her family out on a trip

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Onward to the Outpost!

Postby Ball on April 27th, 2017, 2:41 am

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

45th of Spring 517

Ball found himself in the marketplace bells before he needed to meet up with Jade, Ferrin, and little Dina for their trip to the Outpost. It was a bit of a requirement for the pycon to do this, bu the wasn't exactly fond of the idea at all. He needed a few things that could be used for this trip. A lock box large enough to hold 500 gold rimmed mizas, a lock and key for said box. Ball decided on the last moment to leave his terrier in the care of the stables and take this final trip with his faithful companion Imass.

It was not hard to find the Lockboxes and Ball found a decent size one, the same merchant booth held the keys and locks. Ball choice a rather simple one for both of them as he didn't suspect them to be of any worry of thieves, not when he had two other combatants and Imass with them. Without much effort Ball turned over the necessary coinage to the merchant and had a nearby page take the requested items to his room for later usage.

Yet it wasn't going to be enough. He stopped at the swords merchant and looked over the lot. This was a tough decision as he wasn't looking for himself but for Jade. She will not be taking just a dagger and rely on her fiance there to defend her. She is a squire and a squire must learn to defend oneself if the need arises. She will also need her own weapon for that. Ball recalled her weapon of choice from the first day of their training and so he had easily narrowed his choices done quite significantly.

“I will take that slender beauty of a blade. And the plain leather scabbard as well.” With the rapier slide into the scabbard and the weapon turned over, hilt first to the pycon knight he smiled and once more had a page take it up to his room. Coinage was also swapped over and Ball left quite a bit of coinage lighter.

He needed to make one other stop though, luckily this one was on the way to out of the bazaar and the pycon already knew what he wanted. Ball pointed at the candy drops made of honey. They were amber in color and translucent in their loveliness. “I will take two please.” the lady behind the counter smiled and nodded, picked up two and wrapping them individually in paper before tying them off in twine and handing them over. These Ball took himself and left the stalls. Heading back to his room Ball needed to make the final preparations for his trip to the Outpost.

One Chime Later...

Ball was sitting on his bed, rapier in scabbard, lockbox filled to the brim with 500 gold mizas locked as securely as the lock he purchased allowed. The key stashed in his torso for safe keeping. An idle scratching of the ear of his faithful companion Imass as a sigh released from his mouth. “We had a good five years my friend. You been good to me and I hope you feel the same of me. I cannot keep you though, and I fear what the knights would do to you. So we are going to see if a family in the Outpost will take you in. Where you can slumber by their warm fires and enjoy the love of non-violence.” It was with heavy sorrow Ball was telling his mount this, Ball still was unsure if Imass understood him though or not.

A knock on the door drew Ball away from the moppish dog and Ball called for the knocker to come in. It was one of the pages from earlier. He pointed at the rapier and lock box before he nudged the apso into a ready position. It was simple to get into place on the faithful dog, it was like home almost... Natural. This will be our last ride Imass. Let's make it a good one. Candies in hand Ball made sure not to forget them.

He sighed and motioned for the page to move onward. Money for lodging was not necessary as there was the Garrison at the Outpost where Ball and his squire and her family will be staying during their duration there.

A Chime Later...

Ball was waiting at the stables for his squire and her family. The page next to him was only there long enough to hold his belongs until they arrived. Once they did though Ball hailed them over and nodded towards the page.

“Squire Jade, the weapon is yours. Treat it well. You never know when you will need to use it. Squire Ferrin, if you would be so kind to keep hold and guard my lockbox I would appreciate it. It is quite heavy and I believe Dina has other things to maintain her own purchase on.” He held up the two wrapped candies to the little girl. “Do not eat these both in one sitting else I fear your little tummy will get ill. And that will be no fun. Ball smiled as nicely as he could. Once the page was relieved of his duties by Ball and the items turned over to their asked recipients Ball waited for the family to get saddled and settled and they started off towards the Outpost.

Purchases Totaling 49GM 1SMLock Box 1GM
Very Simple Lock 20GM
Very Simple Key 4GM
Rapier 20GM
Scabbard 4GM
Candy (Honey) 2 thumb sized drops 1SM

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Last edited by Ball on May 29th, 2017, 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Onward to the Outpost!

Postby Jade Laken on April 27th, 2017, 2:48 am

placeholder
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Onward to the Outpost!

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 27th, 2017, 2:17 pm

45th of Spring517av

Placeholder...

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2