An Education [Kendall, Cathan]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 23rd, 2011, 3:42 pm

When Kendall placed Hadrian's fingers on his wrist he felt a strange flare of emotion, not from himself but from Hadrian. It was like the feeling of a volcano preparing to erupt. Kendall had never felt this side of his gnosis before, the power to feel emotions under pressure. His green and blue eyes flicked up curiously to look Hadrian in the eyes. What was this? Why was Hadrian giving off this feeling of excitement and almost nervous pleasure. For a moment he almost assumed that he was making the man uncomfortable but it didn't seem like that was the case. Whatever it was, Kendall felt a yearning to release the pressure.  

Kendall was used to being around Cathan. He liked to believe they had reached a point where neither of them minded seeing the other naked. Although Cathan looked like a human in his current form he was an animal. Animals did not think twice about nudity nor did it tend to bother them when others were naked around them. Kendall could not know for sure if Cathan would he uncomfortable seeing him naked but he was asleep anyway. The way Kendall saw it, Cathan had been naked for the majority of their first meeting and the man had taught him how to shave. They had shared close quarters a little too often in the Wildlands for him to be bashful around the kelvic. "Feel free to leave if you get uncomfortable Cathan. I'll understand."

Although he felt comfortable stripping his clothing off in front of Cathan he could not say the same for Hadrian. It seemed wrong in a way. The mage knew the would that lied within the masucline body. What if he judged him? Although there was a part of him that craved the chance to see Hadrian doing the very thing he was scared of he could not bring himself to let Hadrian see him unclothed. I seemed almost as if it would be improper. 

Once he was alone, Kendall began to pull his pants off. He tried not to look down as he did it. He was lacking something down there and he did not care to be reminded of it. He tried to keep his thoughts on more neutral things. Poetry, writing, music, anything other than how uncomfortable he felt. As he slipped on the borrowed pants he calmed down a bit. Although it was a bit odd, Kendall pulled the collar of the shirt up to his nose, smiling as he breathed in the scent. He was unaware that the clothing was not Hadrian's.

When he was fully dressed again in Hadrian's brother's clothing he walked forward through the apartment trying to find Hadrian. When he finally found him he blushed a little. "I'm sorry I ruined our lesson. I should have paid better attention to the flame. I guess I've just gotten so used to it." Out of nervous habit his hand wrapped around the flames on his wrist. He wanted Ivak to bring him comfort. "I spooked Cathan doing the same things once. Of course, it was just my hand, not my entire body." He chuckled nervously as he moved his fingers back and fourth across his mark. "I am still willing to learn today but I can understand if you don't feel up to it anymore."
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on May 25th, 2011, 3:18 am

Hadrian turned around as soon as he heard the door open, tried to smile at Kendall despite his confusion and the strange emotional aftereffects of the fire that didn't burn the pyromancer. All the excitement had worn him out suddenly, and finally his bad attempt at at a smile wearily broke into something more sincere.

"You didn't ruin it," he said. "I just wasn't expecting... the pyrotechnics. But I'm thinking it might be better to rest. I'm feeling a bit knackered and all this is new to you. I don't want you overgiving, or me overgiving, for that matter. Sometimes I get overzealous, but patience and caution really are good qualities to have when working with magic, I think. And hey... Why don't we go get you some new clothes in a day or two?"

His next smile was a big stronger, and still sincere.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 25th, 2011, 9:50 am

A warm feeling came to Kendall as he saw Hadrian. He liked to be around him even if he could not help being awkward. He blushed a bit as he looked away. He was not even sure why he blushed. Maybe it was just too much magic all at once that was making his body react oddly.

Kendall felt relieved to hear Hadrian was not upset. He would have felt terrible if he had bothered Hadrian with his fiery show. He smiled calmly at the relief. "Trust me, I didn't expect them either. I'm just happy I didn't burn the place down or ruin some of your furniture." Kendall was more than happy to take a break after hearing the threat of overgiving. He had to trust that Hadrian knew what he was talking about. The little Kendall knew about overgiving had sounded completely unpleasant.

"I'd like that. I haven't gone shopping in a while." The thought of shopping with Hadrian excited Kendall. Just the two of them out alone. Well not all alone. There would be other shoppers of course. Still, it was just another excuse to spend more time with the mage and that was something he could not complain about.

Kendall walked to Cathan's side, gently nudging him awake. "Cathan, the lesson is over." He smiled softly at the man when he woke up. With a wave goodbye to Hadrian the two headed to the door. "Thanks for all of your help Hadrian. See you in a couple of days." Reaching for the door, Kendall looked up at his Kelvic companion. "Petch Cathan, you can sleep through a lot."
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Archon on May 27th, 2011, 3:03 am

Illumination of Development

Hadrian
  • +5 Teaching
  • +3 Reimancy
  • +3 Observation
  • +2 Seduction
  • +1 Auristics

Lores: Being a good host, Dealing with burning clothes, Power of Azenth (Basic)

Care to see more? :
Teaching experience for the lesson, Reimancy experience for the bits of playing with water, Observation experience for various observations, Seduction experience for the cute, awkward, flirting, and Auristics experience for your brief use of the sight.

Cathan
  • +2 Meditation
  • +1 Auristics

Lores: Quieting the beast within, Dealing with fire

Care to see more? :
Pretty self explanatory here.

Kendall Saarinen
  • +5 Auristics
  • +5 Meditation
  • +2 Seduction
  • +2 Reimancy
  • +1 Acting

Lores: Fire Meditation (Basic), Aura of Fire, You can focus too much, The feeling of desire

Care to see more? :
Auristics and Meditation experience for your work on learning, Seduction experience for the shy flirting, Reimancy experience for the pyromancy, and Acting exerience for the attempt at acting on fire.

Notes: A delightful training thread. I really enjoy the way the different aspects were handled, with the first buddings of romance mixed in! :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous