The Random Thank You Thread...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Ariel on March 27th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Ariel showers you all with a thank you and numerous pycon huggles:

Addy and Sai: The infamous twins who were always there back and in the day when Sil was around, wreaking havoc in WR. Thanks for being such great rp buddies, and putting up with me when I was still learning. And boy did I have a lot to learn. *Huggles the ginger Twins*
Alice: I want to thank you for making Mura so awesome. You are an amazing mod who always answers my strange questions and requests with a smile. Keep it up! *huggles*
Avanthalians: Thanks for bringing Chessie's winter wonderland to life!
Barry and Darren: For putting up with Cara's insanity, and helping to make Avanthal such a fun place.
Bina: For helping Ari get her guardian, and being rather nice each time you log into the chat.
Chess: for putting up with my constant questioning, strange requests, and generally being a happy, awesome person who is easy to talk to. Oh... and for being my only chat ally for a very, very long time. (As in, resisting temptation and not picking on the pycon).
<--- is still your unicorn pycon in spirit
Dimi: For turning into Templar, and reminding us all that chivalry is not yet dead... but it is on its last few legs.
Dusk: For inviting me on your quest, and being such a friendly mod.
Ganny: For agreeing to help Ariel become a more complete pycon in a modded thread or two.
Gossamer: THANK YOU FOR CREATING AN AMAZING SITE. IT IS WONDERFUL. (I know you had lots of help over the years, but you still deserve a large smile and a pat on the back).
Hyacinth: For being the first person on this site to talk to me, and correct me when I was wrong. *Forks over a shiny gold star sticker* It won't exactly make Zintila proud, but I couldn't quite get to the moon... or anywhere close.
Kams: I want to thank you for being in the chat all the time. You always have something nice to say, and I am looking forward to Blythe's meeting you. Just don't kill her and we'll be great friends, I am sure.
Kayiri: For not killing Ariel that one time, ages ago, when they first met, and awarding her a kitten, so she can get around to places in a reasonable amount of time... well more reasonable amount of time than before.
Keyta: For being such an original Kelvic, who continually manages to melt Blythe's heart, and bring the makeshift mommy to life.
Ommy: (First of all, you're always going to be Ommy to me), but anyways, thanks for being such an amazing mod.
Ophelia: Thank you for giving me a second chance after the first thread didn't work out too well. Maybe one day Ariel and Eda can be friends. Um... next time, lets try not to kill each other though.
And another note: thanks for grading threads so quickly, and inquiring into my peculiar requests.
Ravokians: For dealing with an a-social paranoid girl who wants to kill half of you just because you looked at her funny.
Satu: For rping a lovely flashback with Blythe. I quite enjoyed it, and scolding my first slacker student. *giggles*
Stitches and V: For grading all my threads in a timely manner, and not killing Aello... yet. Or giving her too much of a complex. It is always fun to rp with the two of you as well. Thank you!
P.S. Stitches, I still think you are too nice for Ravok, and should re-locate. Have you considered Mura? It's a pretty peaceful place, and 'til recently, we all thought it was a tropical Island.
Tarot: for answering my numerous questions on magic, and pycons. You get a special thanks for writing the pycon lore up as well. They are quite creative, and tons of fun to play despite their short stature, which has led to quite the number of playful pycon jokes.
Templar: Even though you make fun of Ariel on a regular basis, it's fun talking to you. I can't wait until the quest progresses though.
To everybody else: Thanks for being here and making this site what it is today.

<3

Ariel

P.S. This is a very long list, which just reminds me of the extent of my OCD...
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vala on March 27th, 2011, 7:39 pm

Oh jeez where do I start?!

Goss: Thank you so much for creating Wind Reach – Vala’s one and only home sweet home. You are one of the main reasons Miza has turned out so well. And thank you for answering my endless Help Desk Requests – I’m proud to say you’re my favorite founder!

Ronin: Thanks for being an awesome thread partner. You make being in Wind Reach worthwhile. Sowy for constantly selling off Vala in chat! You will always be her first friend!

Ophelia: Even though I’m not a proud citizen of Lhavit thanks for being so helpful and nice to me on chat.

JAAAKE/Fenilien: Vala can’t wait to meet her master. And thanks for being an awesome and helpful bro.

Darren: So when are you kidnapping Vala? You are defo my designated chat buddy and my favorite parfait.

Cheshire: My OOC SISTER and alto buddy and 2nd semester senior buddy! I can’t wait till we both go to college and we both have a freakout from 1st Semester. Hopefully we can egg each other on so we don’t get eaten up by college and its evil work load!

Aidara/Phoenix: Thank you so much for helping me get started in Wind Reach – dealing with my ridiculous amounts of ‘help me’ PMs. I miss you and I hope you come back soon.

Columbina: I wish I could talk to you more in chat – you seem like such an awesome person – plus an awesome baker ;p. Thanks for all you’ve done for Miza!

Dimitri: You’ll always be my knight in shining armor – if not Vala’s

All the other Founders: You guys are great! Thanks especially to Tarot’s BBC guide and Gillar’s Price list! You guys have developed something great and possibly life changing for me.

Mah Chat Buddies: Thank you for helping me forget how much I hate work and distracting me from the crap of life. I <3 you guys.

People of Wind Reach: Thank you for being Vala’s friends and teachers. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Malia on March 27th, 2011, 8:17 pm

I love the idea for this thread! We should have gotten one earlier ... Since I feel I have to thank a whole lot of people, I'll start with the ones that come to my mind immediately. I wrote the list in random order, so where you are doesn't really mean anything. :)

Gossamer: You’re the first on the list because you’ve done so much for me. You probably don’t even know how much. I’ve always looked up to you, even before you created Mizahar. You’re important to me not only because you’re a Founder, but also as a person. I love to get to know you and learn from you even more through your scrapbook. Oh, and I could write out all the things I have to thank you for, but I’m afraid the list would be too long for this thread...

Stitch: Really, you’ve been mentioned in (almost) every single thanks post?! I’ll make it short: You’re a great writer, a hard worker and a good person. You’re probably the best ‘good person’ there is. People should learn from you how to really live, because being optimistic is really the best way of living.

Jilitse: You’re an amazing writer and a fun person to talk to! It seems that you like my Nuit, but your character has really brought a new dimension to playing a Nuit and has given me new ideas of how I can play mine. Thanks for being original and making me laugh and inspiring me.

Tarot: Of course, you get a thank you because you’ve written up the Nuit and various types of magic. You’re a good friend and an incredibly creative and talented writer, believe it or not! I’m proud to know such a cool person as you and I’ll be even more proud when I can visit you in Italy.

Kamalia: You’re still like a sister to me... although I wish we could talk more often. Please don’t work too much, my dear! Your writing and storytelling is truly beautiful and very creative. I’m glad I can be a part of the Timandre family and your ic sister.

Pain: Thanks for becoming my Konti’s first real ic friend, haha. You’re an awesomely creative writer. I wonder where you get all those thread ideas from... Keep up the good work in Lhavit (both as PC and mod), and keep posting bits of your art!

The Mura PCs (especially Blythe): Thank you for filling Mura with life and challenging me to make it a better place to RP in! You’re a very nice and inspiring bunch, and I love writing with you. I especially have to thank you, Blythe, for making Mura really active and advertising it for me.

Everyone I’ve had threads with/have threads with: Thank you for creating awesome storylines for me and with me. I greatly enjoy/ed writing with all of you! Without you my character(s) wouldn’t be what they are today.

The chat group: I’m not in chat often, but when I am, people are mostly a friendly and funny bunch. Thank you for cheering me up multiple times, among other things I can’t think of now.

The Founders: Thank you for making Mizahar the awesome place it is. I admire what every single one of you has developed for the game, I admire your writing. You’re a bunch of wonderful people, and each of you is wonderful in a unique way.

This will most likely get a lot longer when I feel like elaborating.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gunto on April 3rd, 2011, 7:10 am

Hey guys, Pain here. I'm in a Gunto mood at the moment I guess. Anyhow, I think it's time I post my thanks to those who have made my stay here in Mizahar especially enjoyable.

First things first...

Mao and Ophelia - Yes, I am your punching bag. It's a role I have begrudgingly accepted. Despite that, I think we have a really good dynamic between us and I really love our city. Thanks for letting me be a part of it, and for being awesome team mates.

Cadence - Hopefully you see this. Thank you for letting me come along for the ride for the first Alvadas quest. I honestly loved it, and find the plots and characters you came up with for our little adventures are amazing. Hope to see you soon, working your magic in Alvadas.

Stitch, Malia, Markus, Sesha, Siiri, and the Alvadas quest crew - Is it sad that this list is the accumulation of finished threads with other people I have done? Well, I have started a lot of threads, but you guys are the ones that stayed on top of me and kept me inspired to keep writing. I have really enjoyed every story we crafted together, and have much respect for all of you. Thank you for helping me define who Pain, cause' without you guys I think she might have stayed a silly trope. Oh, and Siiri, while you never threaded with Pain, you did give me a chance to go berserker wild with Gunto. Two Myrians kicking ass against a giant swamp demon? Yes please. Once our thread is finished, let's do it again some time eh?

Kamalia - You've helped me take a random impulse of "I want to make a Myrian!!11!1" and turn him into an honest character. I love our threads, and the dynamic we are creating between our PCs. Here's to much bone crushing action, jaw dropping magic, and god slaying goodness in the future.

You know who you are - Okay, I didn't name that many people. I don't want to spam my thank you thread with everyone in Mizahar's name, so if you don't see yours here don't fret. If I have talked to you in chat, most likely I find you to be a person of excellence. There are tons of people in Mizahar I really like, and hope to see for a long time to come.

2.10.12 - I have spoken to Cade, who has agreed to allow me use of the Khal Drogo pictures of Jason Momoa.
Gunto
Sometimes, looks are not deceiving

Words: 64151
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 12:09 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 3rd, 2011, 7:27 am

Everyone who participated in the Vampire Discussion Thread & Especially Dusk - She knows why. The laughter was much needed on that particular day.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tao on April 12th, 2011, 4:47 am

I'd like to throw out a thanks to everyone in Lhavit, from the players to the gals taking the time to run the show. I'm very shy and hesistant about joining new places and trying new things, and I hadn't had a good roleplay group in a long time.

You guys from the beginning were incredibly friendly and supportive, especially Kelpie (who I understand everyone knows as Mao), putting up with my constant pestering and questions and other silliness.

I really do love the city, and I love interacting with all the characters there. I was on the verge of nearly quitting roleplay for a while there but this place has rekindled my love for it all. So, thank you. It means a lot more to me than you'd know.

(Next step is summoning up the courage to create more characters and move across Mizahar. I'll get to it eventually.)
Tao
Indesicive Stargazer

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 4:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Phoenix on April 12th, 2011, 5:26 am

Well, here goes nothing.. In no particular order.

Jakey: Thank you for being the very first one to be kind to me when I started here at Miz, whispering me constantly to make sure I was adjusting okay and helping me with all my stupid questions as I learned about the site.

Hunka: For also being amazingly supportive and helpful (as well as muscular and gorgeous), covertly teaching me the ways of WR AS, so I didn't have to annoy Jen constantly.

Mike: There are too many reasons to list why. I would have a little less sanity without you.

Pao: 'Cause you're my secret lover even if you don't know it, and for not hating me when I couldn't follow through on all the Lhavit ideas we brainstormed. Gamerchicks have to stick together. I gotta thank you for being as obsessed with HP as I am, because seriously...I can't geek with anyone else over that. And for all the stupid photoshop things I had you do.

Kvist: You're a sweetheart. I miss you, and thank you for all the wonderful conversations we have had.

Ariel: You may have been new, but you took all my corrections and suggestions with good grace, and never took them for anything other than me trying to be overly helpful. You've also never failed to say hi to me in chat, which of course makes me feel special

Selena: For answering all my dumb questions and basically being an awesome cuddly buddy. Thanks for being able to put your foot down and tell people to STFU when it is necessary, and no one else will do it. Also, thanks for calling Mike 'dotty'. Pretty much made my day.

Nicky: We got off to a rough start. I'd like to thank you for our friendship in general, and how helpful and pleasant you are in chat.

Siiri: For letting me be obnoxious with your name and never complaining once

Everyone in Wind Reach: For accepting the fact that Real Life sometimes happens, and being able to continue on even though I was seriously slacking in my AS duties. Bravo to you, and thank you while I also owe you all a serious apology.

Sira: For putting up with me even though I keep disappearing on you, and also being an awesome bond mate.

Jen: I can't thank you enough for being more than understanding to my real life situations. Not only have you been accepting of that fact that I have disappeared multiple times for weeks in a row, but you weren't angry or disappointed in me. You answer my questions, as small and unimportant as some of them may be, even though you're busy being the founder superhero. And for making me laugh.

And last but certianly not least

Amanda: Had I not dragged you here, and made you sign up with me, create our twins and basically take over Wind Reach...I don't know what I would have done. You have helped me through things that I wasn't brave enough to ask anyone for help with, even though I didn't ask. For sticking around all these years and putting up with my horrible, horrible jokes that I think are funny (when they're really not)

It's 1:30 am. If I forgot you, I'm sorry. There will be more to come.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 16th, 2011, 4:00 pm

Thank you to all the people that have PM'd me in the last few days regarding my stance on chat and what's been going on in there. I haven't gotten a ton of PMs, only seven as of this morning (eight if you count Cayenne's post in my scrapbook itself), but in my mind seven is significant enough folks concerned with the direction chat has taken to make it worth cleaning the place up. Everyone doesn't know who you are. But I do. And my appreciation runs deep.

We'll continue to be vigilant. I promise to keep being the voice you need to have here to get things settled and back on track without making waves to your friends. I just really appreciate the support. It's not always easy being Mizahar's hardass.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Julian on April 16th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Thank you Gossamer, and those seven individuals, for being able to see what's going on there. The same sort of process happened to an old community of mine a few years back, which at the time I had helped to run. Despite my efforts to stop it, I was told that I was overreacting and 'no fun.' It really helps heal old scars to see that I'm not just some shrewd elitist who sees the worst in things. It makes me feel so incredibly relieved to be in a community among people who still have a modicum of sense and discretion.

Thank you Mizahar for being awesome.

To avoid sounding sycophantic I'll just finish it there.
Julian
Cellist

Words: 189595
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 12:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1)

Postby Dusk on April 25th, 2011, 5:19 am

I wasn't really going to do one of these, because... I don't know why. Because I'm an elitest jerk and generally prefer thanking people to their (virtual) faces instead of posting about it. But then I got some thank yous, and it made me feel super special and incredibly humbled, and I thought "You're a bitch for not making other people feel the same way without any sort of reason for it." So here are my heartfelt and humble thanks:

Gossamer: There aren't words enough for me to tell you how much I appreciate you. I was looking at my dates for this site earlier: I joined with Miharu on March 14th, 2010, and you made my AS account on April 6th. It took less than a month for you to see something in me that you valued, and that you thought was special enough to be a part of this amazing site and this awe-inspiring community. We've been through ups and downs, not just between the two of us (which we've certainly had, bitches that we are) but with the ebb and flow of Mizahar as a whole. And throughout it all, you've held my hand and had my back more times than I can even count. During some of my worst times IRL, I've signed on and suddenly found a completely random PM from you just saying "I want you to know that I think you're awesome, and not enough people say it" and it has seriously kept me going. I still have every one of them saved in my Inbox, and every time I file away all the myriad questions from players and clear out my five pages of PMs, those are sitting there waiting for me, and I always re-read them and smile. Sometimes, when I'm feeling weak or insecure or stupid, they make me a little misty-eyed. You're a friend, and I love you. Thank you.

Cayenne: If I didn't have you on AIM, I would have given up long ago. On a variety of things. But you cheer me up, you give me hearts and lovings and nams, and remind me that it's okay to be everything that I am. You helped me get through the horrors of my old roommate, you've celebrated with me through the times I've won at life, and throughout it all I've been so, so grateful just for the honor of knowing you. You're a friend, and I love you. Thank you.

Siiri, Mike, Nate, Satu, Sho: You guys are my Old School group. You've been with me since the beginning, and it's been a crazy, dramatic, badass ride. We are the Breakfast Club of Mizahar. And for the record, I'm Judd Nelson. :P I've RPed with all of you except Satu (ONE DAY, DAMMIT), and besides just being unbelievably talented writers, you've been exceptional friends. You guys are the reason I stayed with it, the reason my characters are who they are, the reason I am the writer I am. I love you all. A thousand times, thank you.

Dusk's Minions: For everyone who ever has been, is, and will be on my team - you have played an incredible part in what we've created here. You are essential, you are appreciated, and you are amazing. The fact that you've volunteered your time and energy, that you've invested your talents and your enthusiasm, makes you all worthy of my respect and admiration. Thank you so, so much.

Dani: Oh, Dani. You whore. When we joined this site, we brought, what, six or seven other people with us? And you and I remain. Not only that, we've thrived. I know I owe you like seventeen threads. I know you love me anyway. You are a badass. Don't let anyone tell you different. Thank you for cussing with me in instant messages, thank you for giving me gin in a parking lot after a twelve hour drive, thank you for pushing me to be a better person. I miss you, and I love you. Thank you for everything.

Everyone I've ever threaded with: Thank you for the power-posting sessions. Thank you for the times I've taken weeks to reply and you've forgiven me. Thank you for blowing my damned mind with your characters, with your writing style, with the chances you've taken and your willingness to eff your characters in the A in order to tell a good story. Thank you to the veterans for forcing me to step up to your level. Thank you to the new people for stepping it up and being willing to learn and grow along with me. Thank you. Thank you.

All the Syliras players: Can I just say, I have the most awesome player base ever? You guys KICK ASS. Blah blah "I love Lhavit" blah blah. Pfft. Those wanna-be Jet Li's got nothing on you guys. You have to read SO MUCH LORE just to understand what's going on, and most of you still have to come to me with questions because there will never be ENOUGH lore, and yet you do. You want to know, and you want to be better, and I will never, ever be tired of that. I am usually blown away by it. And to all my knights - oh my god, you are intensely awesome. I was DS of Syliras for months and months without any knights, and suddenly you guys have exploded onto the scene. And you've been so eager that it's inspired me to expand the lore pages, to draw intricate maps, to make new locations, and I've been thrilled just for the opportunity to do so. Just to know that you people not only like what Jen and I have built there, but you want more. That is... there aren't words. Thank you.

Julian: Thank you for being a communist. And now everyone knows.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

PreviousNext