Sunberth Summer 522 AV Calendar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Anomaly on June 1st, 2022, 4:53 am

ImageImage

Welcome denizens of Sunberth!

After a particularly unusual Spring with many strangers afoot, the city has settled down into some sense of normalcy and the festivities have truly begun. For the first five days of Summer, taverns and brothels are offering a free round of beer for new patrons to their establishment. Additionally services during these days are discounted by a rate of 10% in order to draw in new clientele to their businesses. While this is going on, the city will seem to be in the best spirit it has been in ages as drunken revelers flood the streets. This has the unintended side effect of making the days almost as dangerous as the nights for a little while as widespread violence breaks out across the city and in the Sunset Quarter quite a few residences burn down before those living there manage to stop the blaze. Despite this, moods are on average high as alcohol and drugs flood the city in equal amounts.

However this is not to last as Sunberth is not the sort of place that abides such revelry for long. On the 10th of Summer, a strange sickness sweeps through the tent city afflicting most of the population there. Symptoms include heavy sweating, nausea, vomiting, intense headaches and a aversion to water. The response to this is surprisingly swift as massive tents are erected on the perimeter of the tent city and used to triage the ill. These tents bare no colors or insignia, but many suspect this is the work of one of the major gangs. Not that anyone in the tent city is in a position to argue over free health care, most are too ill to even register that they are being treated by strangers. The people who staff these tents to treat the ill are mostly men, and obviously outsiders who have occasionally been seen wearing odd tabards. So far no one has been able to identify what faction they belong to, but suspicions in the city are high. (This will be the official start of the Summer’s Seasonal quest so make sure you register if you would like to participate. This thread will be open to all, and will be found here.)

Elsewhere in the city, there is a remarkable absence of rats and brats, particularly in the territory of the Sun’s Birth. One gang even had the gall to mention that theirs were missing and have put the word out that they will offer a handsome reward to anyone who finds their missing brats. This offer is made on the 25th and is open for perusal upon request. PM Anomaly for more details.

All of this is only the start of what is to come. What happens to the city depends on the choices you make, the leads you chose to pursue, and the people you decide to help. These choices will have significant repercussions and because of this I’m asking everyone to make sure all of your threads are before the 67th of Summer. Once everyone has significantly progressed the seasonal quest along, I will open up the rest of the dates for threads. I hope you all enjoy what I have planned for this season and I look forward to writing with each and every one of you. I want you all to have a significant impact on the upcoming changes in Sunberth so I encourage you all to participate in the Seasonal Quest so you can have your hand in what is to come.

Below is a list of goals you must meet if you wish to receive a reward at the end of the season. Also, please keep in mind that job threads can be no older than a season behind if you wish to be paid wages for them. Placeholders that are more than a season behind will be deleted.

The list below is things you need to include in your Spring threading.

Start a post in this thread to keep track of your progress towards these goals.
    • Visit a tavern or brothel during the first five days of the season.
    • Have an encounter with someone who is highly intoxicated.
    • Participate in at least one Seasonal quest thread.
    • Start a thread with at least one other pc
    • Feature an encounter involving one of the major gangs.
    • Pay Seasonal Expenses of Poor or higher.
    • Work on a combat skill and increase it by five points.
    • Visit at least three locations on the link map.
    • Complete TWO job threads of at least 2.5K words if you want to be paid.
    • Utilize at least 2 storyseeds in a creative way. The storyseeds can be used in whole or part or inspired. So long as I can see the intent was there.
    • Be active.
    • Obtain a word count of at least 25,000 words. Keep track in a spoiler at the bottom of your post.

If you complete all these tasks successfully and fulfill the requirements, then you will get an award in the form of Quest Coupons of your choice (minus the Artifact coupon). Incomplete threads do not count. These items must be completed by the end of the season.

Please note. These are Sunberth Goals. Only threads in Sunberth will count.

These storyseeds are only meant to be fun, and add flavor to your threads as we all embark upon this summer season. They are simply ideas that you can use whole, in part, or just the essence of as you find ways to weave them into the greater plot that that you have in store for your character. For instance, instead of getting bitten by a rat, you could have it still something of yours or otherwise shape the encounter that fits the story you want to tell with your character, and please, remember to have fun!

• Kill something.
    • Get absolutely piss drunk and go out for a night on the town with the revelers.
    • Get yourself bit by a rat or a brat.
    • Learn a new skill. (At least one point to count)
    • Go for a soak at the hot spring.
    • Pay to see a fight at the blood pits.
    • Stumble across stumble alley.
    • Get lost in a strange part of the city.
    • Take a ferry across the river.
    • Attend a slave auction.
    • Catch the mysterious illness that is plaguing the tent city.
    • Get involved in a bar room brawl.
    • Get into an argument with your boss.
    • Do a favor for someone you have never met before.
    • Flirt with a whore.
    • Try a dangerous drug. Bonus points if you end up hooked on it.
    • Swim in the Baroque Bay.

This Summer is going to be a very hot and humid one with convective showers throughout. Convective showers occur when rainfall only covers a small area, less than six miles across, and last less than half a bell. This rainfall will reach peak frequency around the 45th of Summer, and begin to taper off around the 65th of Summer.

The river that runs through Sunberth, otherwise known as ‘the Mudway’ will start out the season low and reach its normal proportions around the 35th of Summer which it will maintain throughout the rest of the season, occasionally swelling beyond that during peak rainfall.

To combat the weather, the majority of Sunberthians have taken to dressing in garments that are light, and loose, as well as carrying something to keep the scattered showers off of their heads. In the spirit of the season, the Svefra that ply the Mudway have taken to offering discounts to those needing a ferry across the river. They have also taken to accepting beer, spirits and drugs for passage which has lead to quite a few impromptu parties along the riverbank.

I’m invested in making sure that everyone enjoys their stay in Sunberth, so if you’ve got a part of your personal storyline that you need moderated, feel free to come to me with your idea. I’d like to make sure you get the most out of your experience here in Sunberth so let me know if you would like me to run any of the following for you:

• Personal Quests
  • Flashbacks & Future Foretellings
  • Training Threads

I look forward to reading the awesome writing I am sure will come out of this season. Thank you for the time you took to read this calendar, and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Anomaly
Retired Staff

Words: 106709
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2022, 1:18 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Farren on June 1st, 2022, 6:10 pm

Hiya!

Farren here, reporting in for the season. I look forward to incorporating these goals into what I have planned. If anyone wants a thread, let me know and I'll whip something up for us. :)

❖ Start a post in this thread to keep track of your progress towards these goals.
❖ Visit a tavern or brothel during the first five days of the season.
❖ Have an encounter with someone who is highly intoxicated.
❖ Participate in at least one Seasonal quest thread.
❖ Start a thread with at least one other pc
❖ Feature an encounter involving one of the major gangs.
❖ Pay Seasonal Expenses of Poor or higher.
❖ Work on a combat skill and increase it by five points.
❖ Visit at least three locations on the link map.
❖ Complete TWO job threads of at least 2.5K words if you want to be paid.
❖ Utilize at least 2 storyseeds in a creative way. The storyseeds can be used in whole or part or inspired. So long as I can see the intent was there.
❖ Be active.
❖ Obtain a word count of at least 25,000 words. Keep track in a spoiler at the bottom of your post.[/color]

Farren
Player

Words: 54755
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2022, 12:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dalavesta Stalinsa on June 1st, 2022, 6:24 pm

Dalavesta Stalinsa
    Visit a tavern or brothel during the first five days of the season.

Participate in at least one Seasonal quest thread.

❖ Start a thread with at least one other pc
    ❖ Feature an encounter involving one of the major gangs.
    Pay Seasonal Expenses of Poor or higher.
    ❖ Visit at least three locations on the link map.
    ❖ Utilize at least 2 storyseeds in a creative way. The storyseeds can be used in whole or part or inspired. So long as I can see the intent was there.
    Be active.
    ❖ Obtain a word count of at least 25,000 words. Keep track in a spoiler at the bottom of your post.

Word Count :
Threads Go Here
Last edited by Dalavesta Stalinsa on June 7th, 2022, 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dalavesta Stalinsa
Call Me 'Ves'

Words: 61894
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2014, 1:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Wrenlo Gravence on June 2nd, 2022, 9:12 pm

❖ Visit a tavern or brothel during the first five days of the season.

Participate in at least one Seasonal quest thread.
 ⤷ Blood In The Water

Start a thread with at least one other pc.
 ⤷ Taboo

Feature an encounter involving one of the major gangs.
 ⤷ Night Eyes encounter in Blood In The Water

❖ Pay Seasonal Expenses of Poor or higher.

Visit at least three locations on the link map.
 ⤷  Knight’s Armory, West Tower, Dust Beds

❖ Be active.

❖ Obtain a word count of at least 25,000 words. Keep track in a spoiler at the bottom of your post.

Word Count :
Blood In The Water / 3,118
Taboo / 1,013

4,131 total words
Last edited by Wrenlo Gravence on June 23rd, 2022, 7:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Wrenlo Gravence
Player

Words: 35187
Joined roleplay: January 15th, 2021, 3:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caspian on June 6th, 2022, 12:28 pm

x

• Utilize at least 2 storyseeds in a creative way. The storyseeds can be used in whole or part or inspired. So long as I can see the intent was there.
• Be active.
• Obtain a word count of at least 25,000 words. Keep track in a spoiler at the bottom of your post.

Word count :

x
Caspian
Player

Words: 718261
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1)

Postby Brisa on June 14th, 2022, 7:49 pm

Start a thread with at least one other PC
Visit at least three locations on the link map.
• Be active.

Word Count :
Sunberthian Soiree = 850
Betting Against the House = 935
Taboo = 1306
TOTAL = 3091
Brisa
Player

Words: 20194
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2022, 8:03 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Quin on July 6th, 2022, 2:02 am

Goals

• Visit a tavern or brothel during the first five days of the season
Feature an encounter involving one of the major gangs (in progress)
Pay Seasonal Expenses of Poor or higher
• Be active.

Story Seeds

Kill something
• Get absolutely piss drunk and go out for a night on the town with the revelers.
• Get yourself bit by a rat or a brat.
• Learn a new skill. (At least one point to count)
• Go for a soak at the hot spring.
• Pay to see a fight at the blood pits.
• Stumble across stumble alley.
• Get lost in a strange part of the city.
• Take a ferry across the river.
• Attend a slave auction.
• Catch the mysterious illness that is plaguing the tent city.
• Get involved in a bar room brawl.
• Get into an argument with your boss.
• Do a favor for someone you have never met before.
• Flirt with a whore.
• Try a dangerous drug. Bonus points if you end up hooked on it.
• Swim in the Baroque Bay.
Quin
Grey Wolf

Words: 5464
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2022, 12:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet