Closed Is That The Margaritas Talking?

Tazrae and Shiress get to know each other.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Is That The Margaritas Talking?

Postby Tazrae on September 23rd, 2022, 3:19 pm

Timestamp: 3rd of Fall, 522 A.V.

There were questions on her mind, ones she needed to put to rest in order to move on with her life. So Taz waited until after the lunch crowd was gone and packed some goodies to take over to the new two-story structure by the Tidepool Bar. Her basket was filled with fruit jellies and jams, a wide variety, and a selection of scones to use them on. There was also a small crock of butter flavored with herbs.

More importantly, there was a bottle of tequila, salt, strawberry puree, and a few other things to make up a decent margarita... including the glasses. Taz wasn't sure if Shiress was up for a drink midday or not, but she certainly was.

It was looped over her arm and she started out from the Protea to walk to the Bangles and Blooms building. Taz hadn’t been to the new shop yet. It was interesting that Shade had built it as a home with a shop in it. She’d heard Nykans did that a lot in their east coast city. She’d overheard him saying as much in the Commons to someone who asked. Taz preferred to keep her life separate. She needed space away from the Inn because she spent so much time there.

She needed quiet away from the guests, the comings and goings, and even away from her friends. Which was one of the reasons she needed to talk to Shiress, if the lady doctor had time to see her.

Even as she walked, Taz resisted the urge to look over her shoulder or look up. She’d had the worst feeling that she was being followed, stalked even, since her and Rhydian had come out of the jungle. Tazrae knew what they’d seen there, done there, but she still hadn’t gotten over it. Her silences had grown deeper, her need for solitude had grown needier, which was why this talk with Shiress was so important. Glancing around – not up – Taz worked her way down the cobbled pathway, across The Commons, and further on until she reached the southern cobbled walkway. She headed down past the bar and took the left towards the beach to the large sprawling building.

Taz crossed what passed for a yard, walked up the shop steps, and walked around the porch. “Shiress… are you here?” Taz asked, peeking in trying not to intrude. People came and went from The Protea, walking in when they wanted too and leaving as they came. Tazrae felt differently about a private residence though. She wouldn’t intrude unless Shiress was home and invited her in.

There was so much on her mind. She had so many questions. The Innkeeper only hoped Shiress would be willing to answer her questions. Taz didn’t know the doctor well, but she hoped the woman would be willing to talk.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts. Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend. "

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1501129
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shiress on September 25th, 2022, 6:48 pm

"Whatcha drawin', mommy?"

Shiress lifted her head from its resting spot on her upturned hand and glanced over at Ian as the little boy climbed into the chair next to hers at the table. She smiled, returning her eyes to the paper with a sigh. "it's the new school for Syka," she frowned, "or, well, it's supposed to be, but your mommy is not very good at drawing."

Shiress had gone to the Founders several days earlier, offering the idea of a school for the Children. The Founders had loved the idea, always eager to better the community for their citizens, but what Shiress hadn't prepared herself for was the Founders placing her in charge of designing the school. It made sense, though, seeing as it was her idea, but there wasn't an artistic bone in the doctor's body, and Shiress was struggling.

So far, she had managed to draw out a large square with a line down the middle, dividing it in two for the floor plan. One side for the school and the other for the childcare, or daycare, as the Founders had called it.

Ian leaned closer to get a better look, then stabbed a chubby finger at the paper beside the large square, "You should make this the play place 'cause little kids needs to play when they take a break from learning stuff."

Shiress chuckled and colored in a smaller, rectangular area beside the larger square, then labeled it "play area," much to Ian's satisfaction if the wide smile on the little boy's face was anything to go by. The grinning boy climbed down from the table, gathered up his colored wax sticks, then climbed back into the chair, eyes wide and expectant as he asked, "can I color it for you?" Shiress slid the paper across the table but stopped short, waiting for Ian to lift his gaze to hers, "neatly," she said, waiting for the boy to nod before allowing him to take the drawing.

The sound of footsteps came from the front of the house, much too soft to be Shade's heavy booted stride. Frowning, Shiress stood from the table and stepped into the living room just as a gentle, female voice called out her name. Seeing the innkeeper standing in the doorway, Shiress immediately brightened, "Tazrae!" she smiled, crossing the floor, "please come in! It's so good to see you again."

The doctor's smile faded slightly, fearing the young innkeeper had come seeking medical attention, "Are you well? You're not sick or hurt, are you?" she asked suddenly concerned, gaze intense as it slid over the basket then on to scrutinize Tazrae's slender form for any indication that all was not well, hand gentle on the innkeeper's shoulder.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 884977
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Tazrae on Yesterday, 2:48 am

“Hey.” Tazrae said with a smile. “I brought a housewarming gift for you.” She said, brandishing the basket. “Scones, a bunch of island jellies and jams, flavored butter… and things to make margaritas with. They are these tequila drinks that are a divine mix of either citrus and alcohol… only I brought strawberry puree to make ours with. I even tossed in the glasses.” She said, pausing, and lifting the basket with a big fake smile plastered on her face. “An icebreaker… really. I wanted to talk to you.” She said, thrusting the basket into Shiress’ arms.

“I’m fine… I’m not sick, hurt or… no well… its just… I’ve been lonely!” She burst out awkwardly. Taz wasn’t expecting to tell Shiress that, at least not all at once, but she was incredibly nervous approaching the other woman. She’d thought about subterfuge, playing down her real reasons for a visit, but what use was that really? She might as well tell the truth and get the true purpose of her visit out in the open. She’d spent more time recently running wild than she had interacting with people. It made close relationships hard, and made her struggle communicating her needs.

“That’s hard to admit, but its true. And I found myself packing this basket as an excuse to come over to visit you and find out what its like to be a mother. This is the most awkward conversation ever because obviously there’s no father in the picture, but then I thought of the orphan kids and maybe one of them would like to live with me. I can’t keep roaming as an Ixam and keeping company with reptiles exclusively. It keeps changing me… and not in the best way. So I packed you that basket as an excuse to come over and hope you’d sit down and tell me all the good and bad parts of being a parent and ask you if you thought it was something for me?” She said, glancing around. She’d melt into a tiny puddle of shame if anyone actually overheard her.

“There are those orphans.. and you know them pretty well since you doctor and watch them. I didn’t know if any of them would be a good fit.” She said, standing on the deck of Bangles and Blooms, feeling awkward as hell about what she was saying to Shiress. “So can I interest you in a trade? Sweets for information?” She asked, shifting from one leg to another still feeling strange.

"What do you say?" She said, holding up the bottle in a weird version of "I come in peace.". "Can I come in and talk?" She asked again, offering Shiress a deeper more meaningful smile this time.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts. Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend. "

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1501129
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)