[Flashback] Girl Power (Kendall)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Amireh on April 5th, 2011, 7:01 pm

10th Summer, 509AV
Zeltivan Docks

"You want me to pay for this?" Amireh scoffed. She threw her arms into the air and glared at the merchant. The man was dumbfounded. What a moron. With a lean, the girl heaved her chest forward, the suitably exposed shoulders and bust doing wonders to draw a stray gaze or two. Not that she was not already the source of considerable attention. That dress was stunning. The slits at her hips gave enough cause for an imaginative night out and the way she held herself was graceful, formed, as if her very image was sculpted to be awed at. This fact was not lost on the poor merchant. Standing at his stall - one of many set up along the docks to garnish a quick coffer or two from new arrivals to the city - Amireh was dwarfed by the masses of commerce and travel. A high, afternoon sun was enough to keep the traffic moving. When mixed with the fresh, salty smell of the sea and the loud, robust drone of the crowd the docks were almost pleasant. Almost.

"Well. I, uh. Yes!" The merchant retaliated. He found it difficult to keep his eyes up. And the woman was aware of this. Very aware. She shifted her shoulders and wrapped her arms up under her breasts. Oh, how devious.

"Hm. Fine then, but there is no way I am paying full price. I won't pay you more than two gold. Not. A. Miza. More. And that, my perverted friend, is that." She smiled. The merchant blinked. He looked up, dazed, confused, and sorely disappointed that his revel was interrupted.

"What? Oh, I. Very well. Fine! Fine! Just take it."

From a pouch the girl produced two solid gold mizas. They clattered against the wooden counter and she nabbed the silver bracelet next to them, the sparkling, blood red jewel in the center flashing with the light of the sun. How exquisite! With the merchant removed her attention she stepped aside and disregarded whatever the man was going on about - from what she could make out he was offering some kind of 'unique' proposition - her own tasks now complete. What was left? Her arrival in Zeltiva was just boring. Boring people. Boring ships. The harbor was just another place in a long list of places that she cared little for. If this trip to Sahova took much longer she was likely to throttle someone. Especially those lecherous captains she had a habit of drawing. Ugh. They served their purpose. With a slight sway to her canter Amireh tossed her weight around the docks, her purpose idle as she wandered about. This city had to offer something. Another ship was not bound to leave for a while now, perhaps she could find something in that university the sailors never shut up about. Pah.

Her eyes flashed a brilliant blue. A step to the side brought her away from the traveling crowds and she rested herself against a column along a nearby pier, her bag deposited at her feet in a moment of rest. In truth she wanted to stay on land for at least a few days. Maybe even find a hovel to practice. Impressing the Nuits was no easy task - or so she heard. But first to find some entertainment.
Last edited by Amireh on April 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amireh
Player

Words: 32712
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on April 9th, 2011, 3:21 am

In the university Kendall had her head laid against Kay'lan's shoulder, Nysel threatening to pull her into his sleepy realm. She was content laying against the strong Vantha's arm moving in and out of sleep. Kendall used to stay awake in class almost religously. She would not dare to miss a single moment of the teacher's lesson! Since she had begun to get a bit cozy with Kay'lan she had spent more of her time asleep in his shoulder. She just could not pass up the opertunity to be close to him.

Slowly the lesson faded out of focus and the blackness of sleep took it's place. She did not stay there for long though. Soon a soft nudge woke her from her sleep. "I cannot believe I fell asleep again!" She looked up at Kay'lan who's eyes turned a soft pink color. "It doesn't matter. It was just a dumb lecture on Syliran poetry. Nothing too special. If they really want to get into good writing they should turn to Vantha poets. That is where the talent is." Kay'lan was a proud Vantha and he would not let anyone forget it. Kendall simply giggled and held Kay'lan's hand tightly in her own. "I told you baby, you need to broaden your horizons. There is a whole world past those snow lands if you would just look at it!" She playfully poked his head causing his eyes to take on a fierce yellow color. He slipped his arm around her body and kissed her cheek. "I gotta go babe. I'll see you later though." Kendall looked at him sadly but gave him a short kiss on the cheek. "Okay, see you later my snow prince."

Now that Kendall was alone she found herself oddly lost. She was so used to Kay'lan accompanying her everywhere that she did not know what to do with herself without him at her side. Instead she simply walked though the streets of Zeltiva. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Merchants, sailors, scholars, basic Zeltiva stuff. There was one thing that stood out to her though. There was a girl at the pier seeming too foreign to be a citizen and too young to have been alone. Maybe she was looking for the University. Many foreigners came to Zeltiva in search of knowlege. She walked up to the girl offering a kind smile. "Hello, are you new to Zeltiva?" The girl had striking eyes, much like Kay'lan's although she seemed a little too dark to be a Vantha. Curiosity sparked in Kendall. She wanted to know more about this girl.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amireh on April 9th, 2011, 5:16 pm

How fate did conspire.

Amireh smiled. The innocence was palpable. Sickening, even. As the stranger approached the young woman took her time in observation, gaze shifting from top to bottom in a delicious speculation. She was pretty. With a push Amireh removed herself from the stump and took a very deliberate step forward, her hands shifting behind her back in a graceful, seductive deliberation. How disarming. The halfbreed's countenance was a sweet, unyielding, her eyes soft yet devious in the same moment. She was interested. And better yet, she was about to be entertained. What wonderful.

"Well hello yourself," She quipped and allowed herself a little laugh. She leaned in, her torso twisting just enough to get close enough to be uncomfortable. How forward. "I suppose I am. New, that is. The name is Amireh, lovely." Her lips turned upward. And then those eyes. There was something mischievous in that glance, something alluring. With just a look it felt as if the woman knew all there was to know and had already fit you in her plan, her strange web of mystery. And really, that just met. A hand came forward as a greeting, offered as a peaceful exchange.

"Would you be the welcoming party then? I daresay I missed you at the boat."
Amireh
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on April 10th, 2011, 4:55 am

A smile played on Kendall's lips. She was relieved the girl was friendly. So many newcommers had a nasty habit of trying to prove they were rougher and tougher than the Zeltivans. In truth, only a fraction of the citizens were the tougher, sea-faring kind. There were many like Kendall though. More passive and calm due to their dedication to study.

"Nice to meet you Amireh. That is a beautiful name. I'm Kendall." Kendall lightly shook the girl's hand. "Well, I don't see why not. Classes are out for the moment so I suppose I could show you around!" Kendall took great pride in her city. She had never ventured far past it's limits either. This Amireh obviously had seen other lands. Possibly she had some stories to tell.

"So, is there anything you have heard about Zeltiva? Anything you would like to see?" Kendall was not sure how much her home was talked about in other lands. Did they speak of it as kindly as the people of Zeltiva spoke of them? "If you are going to be in town seeing the University is a must. I am a student there. Poetry and literature studies." She was quite proud of her studious lifestyle even if it was not as interesting as those of the sailors. She was not a huge risk taker which made it simpler to not want to leave the city. She was safe there and as long as she stayed within the limits she would be safe.

"You must have some interesting stories to tell Amireh. It is rare that a person steps off the boats without a good tale." Kendall could only imagine the places the girl had seen. If she ever saw other lands it was through paintings or drawings in books. "Where did you come here from if you don't mind me asking." Kendall did not want to try but the girl intrueged her a bit. She did not seem to be like most races that she had learned about at the University.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amireh on April 10th, 2011, 4:16 pm

"Well aren't you just the most adorable thing." Amireh smiled and hovered above Kendall for a moment longer than what was considered polite. She cared not at all. Instead, she let her hand glide from the girl's fingers and up her arm, her body passing the other an invasion of personal space. Amireh's touch was soft. Wicked. There was some mischievous in the way she felt, the way she moved and acted, like she already had a plan. Maybe she did. One step behind the Zeltivan girl and the halfbreed turned, her hair fluttering behind her in vain flurry. Oh, this was too much fun already! "I think everything I need to see is right. Here. But," She trailed that last word out on the vowel, her light soprano drifting along on the whim of the winds. "I could stand for a fair bit of fun. Why don't you and I go ahead and check out that university, hm? Magic is too much to pass up."

Why was she in the lead? Amireh started off, but not before she recollected her pack and slung it over her shoulder, the jumbling of items making for a ruckus as she moved. Still, she managed to pull it off with grace and style. No matter how she moved, the tanned, dark haired foreigner managed to make it always feel as if she meant to do it that way. From the way her hair fell to the click of her boots, nothing was not designed to allure or attract. After a few steps away from the pier she came to a sudden stop and half turned toward Kendal. She glanced over at a shoulder at the girl and waved her onward.

"I, my dear, am from Eyktol. Or around there. I've just come from Avanthal. Too damn cold up there. I think I like this part of the world a bit better." She took a step to the side and motion for Kendall to take the lead, that silly smile still covering her countenance with delight.
Amireh
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on April 25th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Kendall smiled sweetly at Amireh. She had never met such a friendly foreigner! Mostly they would just make a low grunt in her direction or a passing nod but they never were this open to her welcome. Kendall could understand why the incoming travelers didn't take to kindly to her at times. She tended to emit a sort of privileged little girl vibe. One that the nautical nomads of the world did not seem to appreciate.

"Great! The university is my personal favorite in regards to places in Zeltiva." She laughed a bit at how the words must have sounded. To some people that could make her sound like quite the shut in. "I never took any classes in magic. My father doesn't allow any of us to dabble in the arcane. My boyfriend has taken a few magic classes though!" She recalled Kay'lan storming out of a few of the magic classes. He had never been too good with the otherworldly arts. "Do you practice magic?" Kendall silently mulled over those words. Could it be that people might not like to be asked that question? In Zeltiva the topic of magic was tolerated. If it was taught at the university it could not be considered too bad. "Sorry, you don't have to answer that. I know a lot of people find magic a touchy subject."

An excited smile glowed on Kendall's face. "My boyfriend Kay'lan is from Avanthal! He is a Vantha!" She smiled at the thought of her new friend meeting Kay'lan. He tended to be a little stuck up but if this girl had visited Avanthal maybe he would be more friendly. "I like it here too. Although I have never been anywhere else. Zeltiva is home though." Kendall's smile was radiant as she walked past Amireh, leading the way to the university.

As the pair walked Kendall questioned her new friend about her travels more. "So Amireh, what is Avanthal like? Other than it being really cold of course. I have heard a lot about it. I hope I can visit there someday." Her knowledge of Avanthal was completely shaped by Kay'lan's descriptions. The place could have been completely different from his elitist stories for all she knew."I bet Eyktol is really nice too. I'm not a big fan of really hot weather but I've heard it is a really interesting place to visit."

When the university was in sight Kendall waved her hand over her head, motioning to the large building. "This, is the University of Zeltiva. I think I spend more time here than in my own home." With a small smile Kendall lightly grabbed Amireh's hand to pull her up the steps to the doorway. "What part of the university would you like to see first. Probably some of the magic class rooms right?"
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amireh on May 1st, 2011, 9:47 pm

Amireh slid by. She stepped at Kendall's heels, seemingly uncaring in their interactions as the latter of the two plucked her way through the busy streets of Zeltiva. Questions, questions. In truth, the halfbreed paid little mind to her host - she listened, of course, she digested the words as they came, but her focus was on that of the surroundings. The architecture was so vastly different than what she knew. Slopped, tiled roofings, wooden buildings that piled as close together as room would allow. How peculiar. On occasion her eyes would flicker from one shade of green to another, varying levels of interest playing havoc with the rampant emotions held within. So curious. Yet, it was the university that drew her true attention.

"Oh? I have heard of this university of yours, mostly on the boat." Amireh quipped between Kendall's rantings. She was very adorable. Endearing, even. Mayhaps she would be useful. "I," She paused, considering. "Ah, dabble. A bit. You know, here and there, though nothing quite so grand as your boyfriend, I'm sure. Is he cute, hm? You should introduce us." Her words were unfiltered, perhaps, uncaring? Her face carried with that sweet, subtle alto, drifting from her lips like some kind of succulent seductress. Really, she seemed foppish in her manner, almost as if she was too good for the world around her. Arrogant. And devious. "I'm sure he is, being from Avanthal and all. They build them strong up there." A slight tease. Amireh saddled up alongside Kendall and shot her a playful glance as they turned down what appeared to be a road all its own. In the distance she could make out the varying structures of the university. How exciting.

"Avanthal is cold. Eyktol is hot. Otherwise? They're quite similar. If you discount the massive, man eating creatures in the north that is." Elegantly put to say the least. Amireh droned on toward the next subject of their little conversation, none too concerned with relenting her past to this new companion of hers. The tug to her arm made her giddy. With a wide smile Amireh followed Kendall up the stairs and through the initial doorway to the university. Mm, perhaps here she could find something worthwhile. No teacher, that was what Sahova was for, but this place? There was bound to be an old bag of knowledge lying somewhere in wait. Or not. Who knew.

"Why don't I just close my eyes, hm? And let you take me, oh masterful tour guide." Amireh curtsied in Kendall's direction, her skirts fluttering about from the grandiose motion. "Just make it interesting." Her eyes flashed before they closed.
Amireh
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 25th, 2011, 5:06 pm

"All good things I bet. I've heard there is barely any place better to learn than Zeltiva." Kendall thought on her boyfriend's magicial prowess. He really was not that great with the arcane but he liked to think he was. "He is not that great. If you ask him I'm sure he will say he is amazing though. He tends to be very fond of himself." She thought on letting the girl meet Kay'lan. She was sure Amireh would like him. They both were Vantha, although Kay'lan was not of mixed blood. "I'm sure you can meet him. Knowing Kay'lan he he probably around the university somewhere." Kendall would have to keep a look out for the Vantha now. She loved to show her boyfriend off to others. They were such the perfect couple. 

Kendall liked the way Amireh held herself. It was almost as if she did not care what others thought of her. She could not help but feel the need to idolize the girl a bit. She seemed so interesting and care free. Kendall wished she was like that. She tried a little too hard to keep her image as her parents perfect little girl to ever let herself feel carefree.

A cute smile played on Kendall's lips when Amireh commented on her boyfriend. "He is very strong. Very handsome too. I am so lucky that he came here from Avanthal. I think he is my soul mate." The girl was clearly enchanted by her boyfriend. It was obvious to see in her shining green eyes.

Kendall's eyes opened wide in shock when she heard Amrieh talk about the large beasts of Taldera. "I bet they are scary. I want to visit Avanthal so badly but I am sure I would be scared to death if I saw one of those large animals. Hopefully Kay'lan will protect me." This fact was making Kendall worry a bit about visiting the city. She longed to see the land where her boyfriend was born but on the same page she did not want to risk her life to get there. What if her father did not let her go? Kay'lan would be so angry. She tried to push the worry out of her mind. She would fret when she was not with her new friend. 

With a small giggle Kendall nodded at Amireh. "Okay. I'll try to find a good class to show you." She pondered on where they should go as she walked down the hallway holding hands. People looked curiously but Kendall just smiled and waved. She knew she was in love with Kay'lan. Others thoughts did not matter too much. If they thought she was doing something romantic with the girl at least she was an interesting one. She felt a little proud to be seen with Amrieh. No one else had ever seen her let alone the fact she was so exotic. 

While Kendall found literature classes were the most interesting to Kendall she was not sure Amrieh would like them. She knew there would be magic classes going on at the moment but she had never visited one. She didn't know the students or teachers. She held onto Amrieh's hand lightly as they walked, looking down corridors and into rooms to try and decide where to walk into. Finally she decided on showing Amireh one of her favorite classes. "I think I know where to take you. I hope you will love it as much as I do."

After a few chimes of walking the pair turned into a large room. The room was not as neat and tidy as other rooms and art hang from some of the walls. There were a few students scattered through the room working on their projects while others talked quietly. There was not a class in session at the moment. It was more like a study hour where people could catch up on work they were behind on in the class. A teacher sat at the head of the room reading quietly. They were nearly there to make sure the to make sure the room was not destroyed during the study hall. "Open your eyes." She whispered quietly to her friend as they sat down. "This is my drawing class. Class isn't in session right now. This is more of a time to work on art freely. I'm not great at art but I'm working at it." She motioned to the walls with a grin. "All of the work on the walls is student art. Isn't that great?" Kendall was a little worried Amrieh would find the class room boring. "Stop worrying, things will be okay... Hopefully."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Archelon on August 31st, 2011, 5:44 am

oocWith permission from Goss to help clear old threads from Liminal's office :)
Thread Award

"Look up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane! It's a ... giant flying tortoise?"

And the Results!!!!:

Kendall :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Socilization4

Lores:
Navigation:Zeltiva Streets(basic)

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Wasn't much to give here, but I did what I could :)Any ??'s comments and concerns please feel free to send me a nice pm :).Amireh, if you return, let me know and I'll reward you too :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)