Teaching Lessons (Reaver)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ren Tanor on May 3rd, 2011, 8:39 pm

Ren Tanor
Ren nodded as Reaver tried to break down the process of the magic that Ren was going to attempt. Ren closed his eyes and started to draw in air holding this full filling for a few seconds more Ren expelled the air in his lungs as he looked up at the afternoon sky.

"What is it exactly am I making? I am just to figure out all I can about the intresting subject of magic, atleast that is before I actually use it."

Ren adjusted himself a second time while he waited for the answer to his question.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 3rd, 2011, 9:58 pm

Reaver almost seamed distracted at this point, his eyes jumping from place to place. "Whatever you want. You could make it wiggle. Anything you do will be enough to know of how it works. But, in order to start, I mentioned you need to start the circle. When your ready, just add a touch of your blood to it. Recent blood, not the blood randomly sitting on you. You'll learn a lot more from experience then what I could rabble on about." At this point, Reaver pulled out his sewing needle. After looking at it a bit, he offered it to Ren. "Any other questions?"
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on May 4th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Ren Tanor
Ren took the needle from Reavers outstretched hand, he moved it until it was and inch away from his. He carefully evaluated the sharpness of needle, feeling he didn't need too much force to draw blood he hoverd his finger above the tip of the needle. He then pressed his finger delacately atop the needle using enough pressure to make a small drop of blood squeeze out beside the tip of the needle. Holding his hand over the edge of the circle, softly he began to shake his hand from side to side until the drop of blood landed on the bold line that distinguished the boundary of the circle. The instance the blood touched the line It felt as if he was connected to the other circle which formed the even deeper link with the branch that layed strategetically in the center of the smaller circle. Remebering vaugly what Reaver had said about Using your Djed to alter the object almost like giving it a soul.

Ren started by picturing the branch not as an object but something more then just a branch. He held this picture firmly in the depths of his mind struglling to stay focused. Maybe he held it too tight beacause it squeezed out from his mind just as easily as it had came in.

After losing his focus Ren wondered what had happened and wondered if the process would stop if he left the circle. Panic strted to well up in him as he fought the urge to leap out of his confines. "Reaver what happens if i step out" Ren asked in a paniced tone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 12th, 2011, 7:21 am

Reaver wondered what went through his studen't mind as he jumped in the circle. "Relax, sit still, and listen. If you leave, the lesson stops there. Whatever you had done by the time you left is what you get. Just keep each step in mind, and work at any pace you can deal with. Once again, you are first making a Soulcore. A shell of a soul, modeled after another soul. Take a breath, focus, and feel your own soul. Use it as, an example, and make a Soulcore for the branch using your own as an example. Think of it as trying to copy my circles, you could do that with enough time. Take all the time you need." Reaver sat completely still, watching Ren to see what other advice he could give.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on May 12th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Ren Tanor

Ren struggled to regain his focus, until it felt that he had calmed down enough for him to continues the process of animating a tree branch. He began to picture his soulcore which in terms looked like a round ball of light, wondering if this was a picture from his imagination or maybe he really was looking at the source life, Ren began to copy his soulcore over to the branch. As Ren thought of what the branch would be able to do once he provided it with life, he arrived at the end of copying his soulcore over to the branch.

"What do i do now, i thinl i copied the soulcore to it?"
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 12th, 2011, 4:32 pm

"Good. Faster then I had anticipated. Next, you make the persona for the branch. This is where you teach the branch what it is it will be doing. I would try and teach it a single command to start, something simple. Use your Djed again, and transfer over what it is you want the branch to do. Focus on the command, visualize it, feel it if you can, and send it over." Reaver made it sound easier then it was, but he had hoped Ren wouldn't have need to know just how complicated the process can be. "Just know, even trying to teach it to wait, you would need to teach it what time is. If it is to move, tell it what moving is. The simpler you can keep the commands, the easier it will be."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on May 12th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Ren Tanor

Ren heard this and started running over basic things to the brach, such as move, time, wait, hied, run, fight.etc. It had been five minutes by the time Ren had gone over half of the command.

"There done, now what"
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 13th, 2011, 3:26 am

"So, you told it how to do things? Why not tell it what to do? I'd still recommend something like wiggle. Maybe spin? Choose carefully, as you can't undo the work that you do. Once you do that, you need to make it an astral body. I'm not completely sure how to describe it to you, so give me a moment." Reaver moved his hand to his face, tapping the forehead of his mask. "Yes, quite hard to explain. How about this? You must teach the branch every movement it will need to make. You must build these movements, and the collection of these movements will be the astral body. You must teach the branch of it's arms, legs, heads, and any other limbs it has, and how all of those things move. After that, please give me an overview of what it is you have done." Reaver was almost cheerful, as his student seamed to be gaining a grasp of what it was he was doing. He tried not to get excited, however... It was harder then it looked.

OOCYou told it how to fight in five minutes? It needs to learn what an enemy is, how to tell what an enemy is, What fighting is, when to attack his enemies, how to attack its enemies, how to find its enemies, and that's ignoring defense. It's a lot or work. I'd be less worried if Reaver was actually a good teacher. :P
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on May 13th, 2011, 11:23 am

Ren Tanor

Smelling the pleasure that emanated off of Reavers body, Ren became pleased withhimself as well. Returning back to the stick Ren added more commands, elaborating on some of the first commands he put in.

"I gave it many basic skills and some advance, most of the commands were for movement and such"

(Are jouneyman able to attack us out here)

George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 13th, 2011, 4:36 pm

((Yes, anyone COULD. Just like within Ravok, and all that.))

Reaver let out a sigh. "Sounds very complicated. Remember what I said about simple? How is it supposed to know what is up and down? Left and right? Light and dark? Quiet and loud? It is just a stick. So, what have you told it to do so far? Given how it cannot see, hear, smell, taste..."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext