Teaching Lessons (Reaver)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ren Tanor on May 14th, 2011, 3:02 am

Ren Tanor

Ren Regarded what Reaver said, adding his suggestion in his mental list of commands he would give the branch. The process continued as Ren added command after command after command. A seemingly endless process in which after adding one command that command branched off formed other commands and so on and on, one idea leading to another.

(sorry for skipping ahead i couldn't think of anthing to put)

After a grueling hour of inputing commands into the soulcore of the branch, Ren tilted his head torwards Reavers direction and gave Reaver a basic idea of evrything he had given the barnch.

"Do you think im done, Reaver"
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 14th, 2011, 3:17 am

"Isn't that up to you? Once you have made the Soulcore, Directives, and Astral Body for the branch, preferably in that order, you're done. As soon as you cut the flow of Djed, through willing it so or leaving the circle, the process finishes with or without you. Are you ready to show me your work, then?"
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on May 14th, 2011, 3:26 am

Ren Tanor

Ren excited that he would finally be able to move about again, leaped out of the magic circle. Ren strided over to the edge of the second, smaller circle.

"move"

The branch rolled onto its side and wiggled struggling to get up, Ren pulled a hand behind the branch and stood it upright.

"move"

Thye branch wiggled for a second before instantly ceasing movemen and toppoling to the ground.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 14th, 2011, 3:52 am

"It can't hear you. It can only detect the world through special means, of which it has none. I don't even know if it can feel, other then it moving in a way it does know. It is a rather... exact art. Would you like to see an example of what it can do?"
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on May 14th, 2011, 4:36 am

Ren Tanor

"Yes,Please but before you start could you tell me how exactly do they hear."
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 14th, 2011, 5:21 pm

"They don't, you need to build them ears. Thin sheets of leather, usually strapped over and within an opening. They've worked fine without the openings, but other then that I have found no evidence of a way to make them hear. Likewise, vision must be done through gemstones, or other surfaces that retain their shine really well. Polished doesn't appear to count. Anything else, before I begin?"

OOCDidn't have time for the longer post. I'll edit that in, if you haven't posted by the time I do get my time.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on May 15th, 2011, 3:05 am

Ren Tanor

(dont worry about it this post is short too, im kinda short on time too)
"Can't think of any more, i think we are ready to start" Ren said sitting on the ground trying to get comfortable.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 15th, 2011, 5:39 am

Reaver calmly got up, and took the other branch out of the circle. He put it with the remaining sand, and grabbed the larger branch he had there. He set it neatly into the circle. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll take your seat. Please don't enter the circles while I work." He gestured to Ren to move aside.

((Assuming you do here. Every paragraph split will be where he expects some sort of input, but he won't really be changing his actions based on your answers. Unless you have questions, in which he'd answer them.))

Reaver sat down into the circle across from the branch. He remembered that he was trying to teach, and thus thought to vocalize his process this time. "Now, before attempting such work, I'll go over the steps again. First, build a Soulcore modeled after a soul. I will be using my own. Next, make the Directives the golem, or branch today, will follow. I will be giving it one command: wiggle. Then, build the Astral body for the golem. Teaching it every movement it needs to know. This will be two or three simple wiggly movements. Now, remember the first step?"

((If you did guess correctly, replace the first two words with "Yes, well remembered."))

Reaver paused and waited for an answer. "Is it? The first step, in any magic that uses circles, is to draw them, the preparation before you start and all. Seeing that we have done that, you then activate it." With that, Reaver poked his own finger with the needle, and brought it down to the circle. "Now, to give it the Soulcore." Reaver focused a few moments, but no longer. Having completed it, he continued. "After that, we send it it's commands. I like to tie the commands to words. So, as I visualize and focus on what it is to wiggle, I also think the word." 'Wiggle,' Reaver imagined what Ren was doing a lot of during his attempt at Animation. 'Body,' Reaver pictured his entire body, every part, fingers, toes, hair. Directive: 'Wiggle' 'Body.' Reaver transferred the thoughts, though it took him a couple minutes. "I told it what a wiggle was, and what body was... in regards to what it needed to know. Wiggle, and body. Its Directive: Wiggle body. Do you understand how the process works a touch better?"

The Soulcore was short, and the Directive was short. The last part, even with only a few commands, took longer. Reaver felt around, each branch, each leaf, each piece that he could get to move. He taught it how it moved, and how far it could move. He didn't want it breaking right away. In addition, Reaver had another goal beyond a simple wiggle that he worked into the wiggle's design. He told it to wiggle in a particular pattern, a pattern which would cause a particular effect later. After about ten minutes of work, he once again spoke. "I'm mostly there, I'm currently working on its Astral body. What moves where, and how. Once this step is done, I'll be ready to show you what my magic does, in the simplest form. Once these steps are completed, you have formed what is called a Life Principle. A Life Principle is like a soul, but it isn't. Think of it as a fake soul. Making these Life Principles is a long, and time consuming process, but can be very useful in the right applications. Could you give an example for me?"

As Reaver finished his comments, and possibly before his answer, he stood up. He stretched a bit, then kicked his blood from the circle, scuffing part of the circle with the same motion. Right after he did, the branch began to do just what Reaver told it to do, wiggle. It's wiggle had a very circular pattern to it. Reaver grabbed the branch, and began to walk back to the boat, following his arrows. "Follow me, and I could show you one way, a different way, to use it." He led Ren back to the water, where his boat was still around. He walked into the water, about waist deep. He set the branch into the water, where it's wiggle caused it to travel along. The branch was swimming along the water, in a slow circle. "If I could put that on a boat, and guide the boat around with that, it would be a lot easier then rowing, would it not? I'm not sure how to get one that only works when underwater, however."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on May 15th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Ren Tanor

"If I could put that on a boat, and guide the boat around with that......"

Ren pictured himself, in the middle of the ocean, sleeping, while two animated branches rowed him torwards his destination. He started to understand some of the uses of this form of magic, maybe he could make himself a house guard made out of stone, or maybe a wooden servant. Realizing that Reaver was still talking Ren slowly came back to reality from his imaginative state.

"Yes......yes that would be very useful, seeing this i cannot understand why people are so frightened by magic when it could be of immense use to most people"

Ren's ears listened for Reaver to begin the rest of his lecture, as his eyes watched the afternoon sun slowly start to fade as went below the horiozon.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on May 15th, 2011, 6:43 pm

"Anything that's useful is also dangerous. For every good use of magic, there are two wrong uses. A whip that attacks whoever holds it, for an example. Magic is powerful, and such power is very dangerous. People fear that danger, as a simple swimming branch is far from what animation could offer. There are other things magic can do. Some can make fire and destruction from nowhere, another can steal the very life from everything around it. Even Animation can be quite dangerous. You could make a dead person move again, and try and kill their family. It is these dangerous uses of magic that have made people fear it so. So, you said you wanted to learn magic, is this enough learning for now?"
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext