[Location] University of Zeltiva Registrar's Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Sada on April 24th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Sada padded into the building, on four legs as usual. She was wearing her brown coat, which remained untouched in the building, because of the lack of a breeze. She smiled, today she would be joining a college, and maybe even be getting a job. She needed both of them, the college for learning and the job for mizas. She prayed to the gods that she would be accepted.

As she walked up to the front desk, she saw a tall man, who asked her her business here. Why, this was a college! She wanted to learn!

Sada took a deep dulp, and said, "Hello there. I am applying to your college. I will be enrolling in Archaeology and Architecture."

She paused. Were those the only two classes she wanted? She thought it over twice, there was so much to learn. Then she remembered she wanted to also learn how to draw. She had no experience in it, though she had seen other people doing it. It was a beautiful thing, the way the quill gently stroked the surface of the paper, it made elegant pictures and designs.

She quickly added, "And drawing too please."
Sada
Queen Of The Apes

Words: 2409
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2012, 9:22 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Paragon on April 24th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Minerva

Sanderson glanced down at the eclectic looking woman at the desk. His bushy eyebrows raised. This was new to him.

He reluctantly took hold of the tool, the girl seemingly lost in her world of gadgeteering. With his free hand his pushed his glasses up, before coughing loudly.

"What was it you actually wanted, girl. I have a queue here."

---

Sada

A Jamoura. And not the first in only a week. Sanderson smiled. He had respect for the studious race - great respect in fact.

"Archaeology and architecture," he muttered, writing the classes down. He looked to the Jamoura with a smile. "Drawing is a free class, taught by the architecture professor. So.. that comes to forty mizas. Will you be requiring a free dormitory?"
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sada on April 24th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Sada smiled. The man spoke with respect and happiness. She liked that. She also liked how drawing was free. That was a relief.

"Yes please. But, also, if there is any spots open, I would like to become an assistant professor?" she said. Might as well, this was a good a spot as any to open it up.
Sada
Queen Of The Apes

Words: 2409
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2012, 9:22 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on April 24th, 2012, 11:31 pm

Minerva looked up at the man, blinking. "Huh?" she asked, then turned to look at the long line of people behind her. When had they all gotten there?

"Oh!" she said, taking her hammer and parts back and tucking them in her belt. She had been so focused on her work that she had forgotten why she was here. "Oy, right!" she snapped her fingers, pointing at the man with a grin. "Schoolin'. I'll take the lot! Animation," she held up her fingers and started ticking them off one by one, "magecraft, glyphing, blacksmithing, carpentry, drawing, gadgeteering, metalworking, mathematics, masonry, carving..." She ran out of fingers, and only then realized that not only could she probably not take that many classes at once, but she didn't have enough money to cover that much tuition.

"Ahhhh, hahaha," she dropped her hands to her side and laughed, then scratched the back of her head. "'Ow 'bout just gadgeteering, animation, and magecraft for now, aye? Aye." She dropped fifty five mizahs on the table. "No dorm, though." She had been kicked out of places in the past for too much sawing and hammering into the wee hours of the morning. Better to have her own place.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Satevis on April 30th, 2012, 1:21 am

Satevis walked into the building, approaching the front desk. As it was still daytime outside, he was still in his Benshira form, and was still dressed from his travels. He gave the man at the desk a warm smile, his startlingly blue eyes casually passing over the room and taking note of the other students as he patiently waited his turn. When the queue had eased up somewhat, he came forward, standing in front of the desk.

"Good day," he said, in accented Common that clearly told of his desert heritage. "I was hoping to take some classes at the university. I heard that you had a professor for Glyphing? I'd also be interested in something more academic...anthropology or archaeology, perhaps." He hadn't really thought through what he was here to study, besides glyphing, but Satevis had a wide variety of interests. Anthropology and cultures were his current obsession, besides magic. He wondered if the man would find it odd that a Benshira was interested in magic. People certainly had wondered about it in his past life, and he had made a point of not mentioning it anywhere near Yahebah.

"I'm also interested in employment, if possible. I'm fairly competent in Reimancy, and I also know a bit of..." He smiled slightly at the thought of how his assisting with this class might turn out, considering the timeframe it was held in. "...astronomy."

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on April 30th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Sada

OOCAssistant Professorship is fine, but as it cuts your fee, on the flipside it requires you to complete two job related threads, as well as your class threads, for seasonal XP.

Sanderson scribbled down that the Jamoura required a dormitory, and then looked up again at the request. "Yes, yes. Which class did you want to be an assistant in? Rather than paying assistants directly, we usually cut their fees by half instead. So it would only cost you twenty mizas."

---

Minerva

The eclectic woman took the tools back off him, seemingly aware of the growing queue behind her. Sanderson looked at her through his glasses with owlish intent.

The woman then proceeded to list the classes, and his eyes nearly bulged from his face. Was she rich, or just stupid? He stifled a sneer as she refined her listing.

Scribbling down her choices, he nodded, and then accepted her money.

"Here's all the timetables and information you'll need," he said, passing the finished papers over to the woman, "may Qalaya guide your studies."

For you'll need it...

---

Satevis

OOCThe same applies to you if you take assistant professorship as Sada, so please read her OOC note.

A man from the desert, Sanderson thought. He always found Benshira's crystalline eyes quite startling.

"Glyphing is fine," he muttered, writing it down, "and the other two... I can't decide for you boy. It's forty mizas for two classes, or fifty five for three. Personally... well... I'm partial to archaeology."

Employment? This man was odd... so many different tastes.

"Cyril would be pleased to have an Astronomy assistant I'm sure. If that's the case, we can halve your fees for you. Will you be requiring a dormitory too?"
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Satevis on April 30th, 2012, 9:37 pm

ParagonThat's fine. What counts as a job-related thread?

"Then I'll take Glyphing, Anthropology and Archaeology, and I'll assist Professor Cyril with Astronomy," replied Satevis. He did the math in his head, halving the attendance cost. It now came to 27 gold and 5 silver mizas. He withdrew them from his coinpurse, counting them out and handing them to the man. He knew that he could handle three classes, since he needed next to no sleep, an advantage of his Ethaefal form. And assisting in astronomy would be another way to learn, if an indirect one. "I'll also take lodging at the dormitory. I believe that's included in my fee." He didn't need sleep, but he still needed a place to call home so that he didn't have to wander the city at all hours carrying everything he owned.

"I am called Satevis," he said by way of introduction, pausing for a moment as he handed the man his coins. He wondered if this was information that he needed to give, and then decided that the university would probably wish to know all relevant information about its students. Besides, if he was to help teach astronomy, it would come out. "...son of Leth," he added to his name, knowing that if the man in front of him was an academic, he would know what that meant. "Thank you for your assistance."

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 1st, 2012, 12:39 am

Minerva grinned as she took the papers. "Oy, thanks a bunch, mate!" she said, turning to leave. She was downright giddy with excitement now. She practically skipped on her way out the door, not caring one bit about the looks the other people were giving her, nor even the curt attitude of the desk clerk. She was too pleased with herself to care what anyone thought.

She just hoped she didn't manage to get kicked out, like she did from her last apprenticeship...
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaeson Dakano on May 1st, 2012, 1:57 am

"Fin-...Finally," Kaeson said. Clearly out of breath, Kaeson looked at the Registrar's Office with relief. He had been telling himself for days that he needed to sign up for classes, but had somehow always managed to get himself distracted enough to forgot about the university.

Not wanting to think about how close he had been to having to wait another day for classes, Kaeson took a deep breath and marched himself over to the Registrar. Pulling out 40 gm, he asked, "It's not too late to sign up for classes, is it? I want Reimancy and...and Herbalism." Kaeson added herbalism as an afterthought. He had never had much interest in it, but remembering his grandmother he knew it had its uses.
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on May 1st, 2012, 8:16 pm

Satevis

OOCA job related thread is any sort of thread (doesn't have to be boring) that shows your character in their work environment in some way :) Generally they're solo's, but they certainly don't have to, so have fun with them!

"Yes, yes, free dormitory," Sanderson repeated with a fervent nod, sliding the coins across the desk and putting them in the correct drawer.

The funds were oh so necessary at the moment. Rebuilding had to be done. Expensive rebuilding at that. The Regents had wanted to raise tuition fees, but thankfully enough people had vetoed the bill -- Sanderson included.

"Well I am pleased to meet you Satevis," he said carefully, giving a forlorn smile. Son of Leth... Sanderson froze. He knew exactly what the man meant. There weren't many Ethaefal around, but they were a glorious people. "We're glad to have you."

He finished scribbling everything down and pulled out a key fob to give to the boy.

"This is the key to your dormitory. A pack with all your admin and timetable information will be sent directly to your room. I'll send word to Cyril, the Astronomy professor, but you'll need to approach him and introduce yourself within the next few days. Good fortune with your studies."

---

Kaeson

"It's never too late to begin learning," Sanderson said dryly, looking the young man up and down. "Reimancy and Herbalism it is," he added, taking the money and scribbling it down into his notes. "Will you be needing a dormitory? They are no extra cost for the duration of your studies."
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext