[Location] University of Zeltiva Registrar's Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Paragon on April 2nd, 2012, 4:32 pm

Of course. He was a Jamoura, as sage as they came, with an appetite for unbridled knowledge.

"You're right about money," he said with a slow nod, "look at this building... the Gods moved their hands, and the city crumbled."

Sanderson took the money, and exchanged them for the Jamoura's dormitory keys.

"You'll get a pack through tomorrow, all the information for your classes will be inside the envelope."

When the Jamoura looked round at the rubble, Sanderson sighed wanly.

"Don't worry. The Living Quarter's were still standing after the storm."
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nai'shee on April 4th, 2012, 3:43 pm

4th of Spring, 512AV

Nai'shee wasn't really late all the time, but she had a habit to forget events. However, she wouldn't forget to pay for her very second season of classes normally, but storm and stuff took her attention for a bit. But now she was here, facing the fact that she was a bit late and that she should have used her time much better last semester. She decided to finally give up on sailing classes. Not sailing in whole, but she was a person to learn such a things from practice. Magic was different, it needed theory, but learning all those things without actually seeing them... Well, after the Storm she realized she really needed a proper job or something and a way to survive things like this. That is actually what might make her dreams come true, giving up on them for a while, until she builds her destroyed life.

"Nice to see you again, sir", she lied to Registar. "I came to pay for next semester. It's Nai'shee. Yeah, just Nai'shee, no surname. I would like to study Flux, Reimancy and Projection. I'm also new in the last two. And about Flux, I studied it last semester, I'm currently competent. It's 55GM or...?"
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ihendrethan on April 6th, 2012, 1:05 pm

The 5th Day of Spring, 512 AV
20 Chimes after the 11th Bell

Ihendrethan waited patiently amongst the crowd of would-be students, each of whom were expectantly awaiting their turn to enter the registrar's office in order to sign-up for their chosen course or courses of study. The young, black-haired human's gaze drifted across the milling crowd. His emerald-green eyes settled briefly upon a number of individuals nearby, each of whom had some unique aspect of appearance or manner that briefly caught his attention or sparked a flickering ember of curiosity. The University obviously attracted a wide-range of unusual peoples to the port-city of Zeltiva, all seeking to expand upon their skills within one of the foremost centers of learning in the entirety of the Mizahar continent.

As Ihendrethan's turn came, the young aspiring wizard stepped into the office and shortly thereafter placed himself before the registrar Sanderson's desk. Ihendrethan's full attention became fixed on the individual seated before him, who seemed to be waiting in silence for the young man to speak up.

"Good morning, sir." Ihendrethan began in a soft, friendly voice and flashed the registrar a short-lived grin. "I would like to request admission into some classes here at the University." The young man spoke clearly, though his speech in the Common Tongue possessed a distinct Zeltivan accent, marking him as a native of the city.

"The classes I would like to apply for are Reimancy and Summoning." he added hesitantly. Though not without some small skill already in those magical disciplines, Ihendrethan still had alot of room for improvement. Prior to coming to the University, the young wizard decided he would try focusing on increasing his competence in his best magical abilities, before attempting to train up the others.

Last edited by Ihendrethan on April 16th, 2012, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ihendrethan
Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Words: 5713
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2012, 9:34 am
Character sheet

Postby Paragon on April 16th, 2012, 8:12 pm

OOCSorry this took so long!

Nai'shee

"Oh yes, Nai'shee," Sanderson said, recollecting his last conversation with the spirited young woman, "Professor Stonemiller has instructed me to tell you Flux classes are free as he wishes he had more of a chance to teach you last season. So, I suppose, it will only be forty Mizas. Will you be wanting a dormitory too?"

---

Ihendrethan

"Good morning," Sanderson replied, smiling back. It was nice to meet a young student with manners. He could tell from his accent he was from this city by birth too. As much as he loved people coming all across the continent to seek knowledge at the University, he kept a little flame of Zeltivan pride going too. "Reimancy and Summoning it is. Forty Mizas please - and will you be requiring a dormitory? Free of charge of course."
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'shee on April 16th, 2012, 9:40 pm

Nai'shee was really happy for professor Stonemiller to allow her free season of classes. She really barely managed... well... "managed" to take many classes last season and after the storm she concluded she will do everything she can to improve her skills. Her happiness was obvious on her face and she thanked the man, making mental notice to thank professor Stonemiller too when she sees him.

She froze for a moment because of question about dormitory. Why didn't she take it last season anyways? She guessed she really should do so this season, so she kept herself from shrugging and said: "Guess... yeah..." She remembered she shouldn't struggle so much in front of this man, so she confidently said "Yes" in the end. "Oh, and... what about my initiation for Reimancy? I'm completely new."
Last edited by Nai'shee on April 17th, 2012, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ihendrethan on April 17th, 2012, 9:33 am

Ihendrethan's response was respectful and spoken again in a soft tone of voice. "No, thank you sir. Whilst I appreciate the offer, I won't be requiring a room at present. I already have a place in the city." His words were followed again by his signature smile. The young man's attention then turned down towards one of a pair of pouches resting upon his belt. Slipping one pale hand inside he withdrew a handful of coins.

"Let's see..." he mumbled softly to himself, as he counted and sorted the coins into small piles upon the edge of Sanderson's desk. Once a full forty gold-rimmed miza's were set aside, he returned the remaining coins to his pouch. "There we go, that should be all of it." he announced to the registrar.

A few moments later, the young raven-haired man became hesitant; his emerald-eyes wavered in their gaze as he framed a pair of questions in his mind. "If it's not too much trouble, might I inquire as to who teaches these particular classes within the university? And how might I learn when and where lessons are scheduled?"
Ihendrethan
Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Words: 5713
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2012, 9:34 am
Character sheet

Postby Erudite on April 20th, 2012, 2:00 pm

3rd of Spring, 512 AV

The Registrar’s office was truly a structure to behold, its splendor was more than enough to have Erudite’s eyes widen with awe. She wanted to reach out her hand and touch the intricately carved stone lions that stood on either side of the oaken entrance doors, wondering to herself if they were made from magic, or from the hands of an incredibly skilled artist. Knowing the academy’s reputation for excellence, it could’ve easily been either or both. The impressive building was made of slick, polished granite that shone underneath the light of the sun, giving it a soft, golden glow. Erudite wheeled her traveller’s chest towards the end of the long line of students and applicants, who were all either speaking casually to one another or standing around patiently. Idle chatter and the sound of shuffling papers surrounded her ears as she reached into the wine-colored backpack strapped around her shoulders and brought out her journal, which looked much more like a book than a diary. She opened up the book and shifted through the pages until she found her notes on the university and of the office. The line began to move a little quicker then, and a smile broke through her nonchalant expression, her chest fluttering with excitement.

The circular lamps that were mounted on the walls gave the room a deep blue glow, giving the area a chilly atmosphere. It gave her the impression that she was inside a thick, yet hollow glacier. Obviously the lights were the work of a wizard, one who had probably studied and graduated at the university as well. She flipped through her journal idly, reviewing a few of her notes on medicine and herbalism as she moved in tune with the snake of a line, dragging her traveller’s chest along with every brief stride. The hollow glacier illusion was completely shattered as she found herself in front of a large, ornate wooden desk, just as clean and polished as the building’s granite exterior. The man’s hair was as white as snow, and reminded her of her home at the isle quite a lot. Despite his age, his hair was thick, and his brown eyes were sharp and intelligent. Clearly he was a no-nonsense type of person. The sign on his desk told her his name, J.G. Sanderson, but the Konti found it rather strange to refer to him as anything else but ‘sir.’ He peered up at her from his seat at the desk as she approached it. “What is your business with the Registrar today?” he inquired with a serious tone. Erudite decided to keep her nonchalant expression as she replied.

“Greetings, I would like to apply for two courses in the university. This is my first time enrolling,” she spoke clearly and confidently, her voice surprisingly much lower and sultrier than what most would expect of a Konti, yet it still bore no harshness or negativity. She briefly glanced at the open book that she held with one hand, scanning the short list of courses that she had planned to take for the duration of her stay at Zeltiva. Medicine and herbalism were her top priorities, and were the first two options on her list. She knew that the man wouldn’t want to delay, so she worked through things as quickly as she could. “I’d like to take both medicine and herbalism, please,” she stated, as she turned to shuffle through her backpack for her coin purse. "If it's possible, I'd like to have a dormitory as well," she'd overheard one of the applicants request for one, and decided give it a go. "How much?" she asked, unraveling the strings that held the pouch closed as she turned to face the man once more.
Last edited by Erudite on April 22nd, 2012, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Paragon on April 21st, 2012, 8:23 am

Nai'shee

"Right... so a dormitory too. The professor will contact you regarding a Reimancy initiation."

Sanderson looked into the girl's eyes, measuring her resolve.

"You should know - it is not a pleasant experience."

---

Ihendrethan

Sanderson nodded in understanding, taking the forty mizas from the man. "Thank you," he said softly. "Summoning is currently taught by Mistress Fianza. Reimancy teaching is... uh.. up in the air at the moment." Sanderson passed his diary to the man, and a quill and ink. "Write your address down here. We send out all the information for timetabling directly to you."

---

Erudite

Sanderson beamed at the Konti. A marvellous race... intriguing, and divine.

"Medicine... and herbalism. I can take payment for medicine and pass the details on, since you'll actually take that course in the Infirmary with Mistress Claira. Herbalism is taught here in the University."

He looked down at his notes, scribbling the information down.

"Forty Mizas for the classes. A dormitory is free of charge."
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Erudite on April 21st, 2012, 1:31 pm

Sanderson's beaming smile sent a jolt of warmth and happiness into Erudite, causing her features to soften. Perhaps he wasn't as frigid as she thought, and it might just be all a facade to ensure that he was to be respected and treated with utmost care. It was a little bit like how she worked her appearance, though her unfriendly aura was unintentional. It might be the same for him, too. "Medicine... and herbalism. I can take payment for medicine and pass the details on, since you'll actually take that course in the Infirmary with Mistress Claira. Herbalism is taught here in the University," Sanderson remarked, as he shuffled through a couple of papers and wrote down the information.

Erudite nodded, and took the information down on her journal. "Forty Mizas for the classes. A dormitory is free of charge," the man added, as he looked up at her expectantly. "Here you go," Erudite smiled happily as she picked out forty gold pieces and handed it over. "A free dormitory, my goodness, I love this place," she thought gleefully, as she prepared to leave. "Thank you very much, I'll be seeing you," she said enthusiastically, waving goodbye as she left the line. As she left the building and made her way off, she found herself smiling happily. She had only been around for a few moments, but Zeltiva already felt much like home.

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on April 22nd, 2012, 1:13 am

52nd Day of Spring, 512 AV

Minerva Agatha Zipporah, known as 'Tock' to her friends, had no idea how long she'd been standing in the line. In fact, she'd forgotten she was even IN line. She was working, and when she was working, the rest of the world tended to melt away.

All through her time in line, the people around her had been annoyed by the distracting sound of metal on wood. She had taken a small hand-held drill from among her grandfather's tools, and used it to drill a hole in the handle of a newly bought hammer. Wood shavings from the hole were all over her vest, and scattered across the floor going all the way back to where she had first entered the line.

Once the hole was drilled, she had stuck the hammer into one of the loops on her tool belt. Then she had pulled out a wooden rod and started carving it. The exact center of the rod, for a width equal to that of the hammer handle, had been sanded and smoothed. Then she had begun carving screw treads into the rod on either side of the center. This was a careful and precise process, and had occupied her attention for the otherwise boring hours she would have spent uselessly standing in line.

When the man at the desk called her forward, she didn't even hear him. She was too focused on her work, humming softly to herself as she carved. The person behind her in line had to nudge her forward. She looked up at the man behind he desk and said, "Oy, hold this!" She leaned across the desk and stuck one end of the rod into his hand to hold it steady. She pulled out the modified hammer and slid it into the rod, and with her other hand started trying to fit a nut onto the freshly carved treads. She grumbled in frustration when it didn't quite fit.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)