Calling all current and former residents of Zeltiva!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Oracle on September 15th, 2011, 6:45 pm

Greetings and salutation sea travelers and traders! A.S. Oracle here with a very very important question: What are looking for in the city?

What does Zeltiva mean to you and what would you like to see? I cannot guarantee everything will be created or able to be created but I would love to see your suggestions and try. :)

Remember, this is your city too. Please remember to stick to the existing lore with your suggestions and make sure it does fit the view Lim has laid out. We want to stay true to the heart and soul of the city.

<3
Oracle

Zeltiva Lore****Zeltiva Forum****The University

Please see my absence thread if I have not responded in some way in over 24 hours
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Words: 53472
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2011, 2:41 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 15th, 2011, 11:13 pm

If it is possible, I would love to see the University really fleshed out. It is a HUGE part of who Kendall is and I could love to know what classes and studies are offered there (instead of me just guessing). Also, more social locations would be really great to see. There are only so many threads I can have Kendall hanging out in the Kelp Bar in before he slaps me. On that same note, it would be good to have some other places to eat (although I know that Zeltiva isn't always the best food-wise). Lastly, it would be good to see a place like an inn or something along those lines where travelers can stay.

I'm sure I'll think of other things since Kendall will mumble things to me that he wants to see.

Thank you so much Oracle!!
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Avari on September 15th, 2011, 11:45 pm

I agree with Kendall. I see Zeltiva as a meeting-ground of the larger world, where people exchange ideas, goods, and money freely from all over Mizahar, or at least those places in Mizahar to where Zeltiva controls the trade routes. So, I too think expanding the University would be a good idea. Wright Memorial Library should be its own location, for sure. A park location like a Greco-Roman forum, where scholars, poets, and orators hold forth and argue over philosophy and art, would also work, I think. Maybe the University should even have its own amusingly-named tavern (like "The Thirsty Student") with kegs of kelp beer and weekly parties.

On a more commercial note, I'd also love to see a marketplace location, as well as shop locations. After all, what's a port city without a sprawling, stinking open-air fish market full of exotic and sometimes unidentifiable specimens of seafood? :) A warehouse district would also be appropriate, and possibly conducive to shadowy sneaking about in alleyways and such. The Zeltiva lore page also mentions upscale shops in the Old Quarter, so I would like to see some of those fancy shops, as well as humbler, more practical stores that would be located nearer the docks. An inn or boarding-house, and perhaps a bathhouse for tired passengers and sailors, would also be nice, considering so many people pass through Zeltiva every day.

Avari

"Everyone wants something... And when you know what a man wants you know who he is, and how to move him." - George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
Avari
Insightful trickster

Words: 296184
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 16th, 2011, 2:59 am

I couldn't agree more with both. As a resident I find that both of them have explained just about everything I've thought up, except calender events. Kendall and I are doing a flashback together that is only something simple, but perhaps could be a year long community project. An annual fish festival! Where Fisherman fish for so many fish, and cooks come along to help cook and fry the fish. It's just an idea that I hope to bring to the table. This and several more calender events could spice up the excitement that Zeltiva craves.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aquila on September 16th, 2011, 11:27 am

I'm about to start Aquila's 1st thread, and I chose Zeltiva for her starting location and probably quite lengthy stay. The reasons behind are mainly because of active and friendly moderator(s) AND the ability to learn in the University of Zeltiva.

So what I'm trying to say is that, I would really like to see the University fleshed out more. Not in locations per se, but characters that someone might run into, classes, jobs, ... Stuff like that.

It's not bad in its current state but more detail would give Aquila's stay there a much more personal and enticing feeling, you know?

I hope this all makes sense ^^

Cheers and I hope you'll enjoy reading my threads and probably moderate classes for Aquila aswell, if you're available for that ofcourse. :)
Aquila
Current Location: Zeltiva

Words: 14703
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2011, 7:43 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 18th, 2011, 2:25 pm

Another idea, take or dismiss at your will :D It would be cool to see you run classes out of the University, sorta like a modded learning session. It might get to be tedious which is why I would understand if you would not want to. I thought it might be a fun and interesting way for people to learn new skills without having to do boring solos. Also, you should do tons of those classes in flashbacks so I can be part of them. X3
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Oracle on September 18th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this! I'm currently out of town for the weekend. I love the suggestions! Keep them coming and I will see what I can do. :)

It may be taking me a while to flesh everything out but I do promise lots of new additions and fun in the very near future.

It would be cool to see you run classes out of the University, sorta like a modded learning session.

I was actually playing around with this idea before you said it! :D I would like to do that once everything gets settled and more organized I was thinking of offering learning tickets to players for modded training threads.

An annual fish festival! Where Fisherman fish for so many fish, and cooks come along to help cook and fry the fish. It's just an idea that I hope to bring to the table. This and several more calender events could spice up the excitement that Zeltiva craves.

I love this idea! A festival would be a great way to kick the city back to life.

Wright Memorial Library should be its own location, for sure. A park location like a Greco-Roman forum, where scholars, poets, and orators hold forth and argue over philosophy and art, would also work, I think. Maybe the University should even have its own amusingly-named tavern (like "The Thirsty Student") with kegs of kelp beer and weekly parties.

Mizahar's first frat house ;)

it would be good to have some other places to eat (although I know that Zeltiva isn't always the best food-wise).

I agree here, Zeltiva doesn't have an restaurants in the city but I'm sure I can think of some creative way to keep the people fed.;) (well for the most part...you know famine and what not. lol)

Sorry if I missed any one here. Kinda in a rush right now, but I did want everyone to know that all your suggestions are being taken into account. So they aren't just floating out there ignored ;)

I wanted to thank you all so much for your feedback.

<3

Oracle.
Zeltiva Lore****Zeltiva Forum****The University

Please see my absence thread if I have not responded in some way in over 24 hours
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Words: 53472
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2011, 2:41 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Avari on September 19th, 2011, 4:48 pm

I like the idea of the fish festival as well! Perhaps with some sort of cooking competition for the best fish and seafood dishes? My character's not even a cook or anything, but I have a fun time imagining a sort of Iron Chef contest with people trying to come up with the most creative recipes for otherwise identical slabs of cod or tuna. :) The fairly diverse racial make-up of Zeltiva could make this even more varied and colorful, as a Konti chef might vie with Eypharian captains and human cooks for the best preparation and presentation of their dish.

Avari

"Everyone wants something... And when you know what a man wants you know who he is, and how to move him." - George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
Avari
Insightful trickster

Words: 296184
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Bob Barton on September 19th, 2011, 5:23 pm

We need an institute of lower learning for children to prepare for university. :)

But having a serious idea here, Zeltiva is like a center for knowledge right? We should have like gentleman clubs where scholars and philosophers gather. Or maybe one which allows for anyone to come in like a community center for intellectual pursuits. It could also have a special vip area for the real smart people to gather and make contacts to show just how important and advantageous being smart is here. We can all play chess and have debates with everyone else. :D

Then since ships and boats are another one of the things Zeltiva is known for, you should mix it with the fishing festival. Like boat races so that Zeltiva can just show off how awesome their products are. :P
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Trista on September 21st, 2011, 7:56 pm

The prison! Zeltiva's prisons are supposed to be legendarily harsh and horrible. We need its looming spectre!
Trista
I can see for miles and miles and miles...

Words: 101570
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 1:08 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Next