[OOC] Character Dreams, Goals, and Ambitions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Verilian on October 10th, 2011, 6:27 pm

Tell me your Dreams...

No really.. this thread is exactly what it sounds like. As many of you know, I love doing modded threads and helping people accomplish their goals. But not all of you know that, and some of you might be afraid to ask for help or might not really know what they want. Well here is your chance. As a storyteller I have always believed it is my purpose to provide the best experience possible for players here on Mizahar, but how can I do that if I don't know what you want? I know that right now I am the lone mod here in Ravok, but soon I will have help and we can help each other with advice, doing threads together, and guest modding when applicable.

Please, post your dreams, goals, and ambitions here and I will do my best to help you achieve them. As long as they aren't out right impossible anyway.. There is no special format for this thread, you can discuss your ideas in here if you would like, and of course I'll be here to put my input in as well. Even if it's just a little goal like, "I want a job but it's not on the job list and I don't know how to go about getting it," I can help you with that. Big stuff is welcome to. For instance if you want to become the king of your own island.. well, that's a little harder, but I can try to steer you in the right direction.

Furthermore, if there is anything you want Ravok to have, I'm open for ideas to that as well. Now, I'm not saying that everything that is talked about in this thread is going to come true because lets face it, not all dreams come true, but don't be afraid to ask. No question is stupid, no dream is too big, and no ambition to great to be blocked from the thread. I'll tell you if it can be done and if it can, I'll do my best to help you. So, dream away people!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Chreinn on October 10th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Well I would like Chreinn to be a Master Architecture in the end when it comes to skill area. I know "another pc wanting master rank stuff" but still a goal in the end of the day.

City wise: I would like him to gain the trust of the city. Reason I did not have him be born in the city was that I wanted him as a "outsider" to work and gain trust around him starting at coworkers so to speak then moving up.

He really has no skills in combat or magic and I don't want to change this with him. The sight of blood odds are will scare him and I doubt he can handle swinging a sword around. He will only be good with his hands and mind so drawing and planning buildings with slice of math skills.

Down the road I would love it if he did somehow get a Gnosis mark yet I just can't see how it would work. Doubt it will work anyway since seems to be mainly around combat threads to get them.

On top of hard to reach goals I would lie him to earn more then enough of a salary and buy a home of sorts. Maybe see if he can join the Black Sun or Ebonstryfe and still keep combat out of the way but with a focus on his skills to build. Again not sure if that will happen.

In the end however he won't be good with a lot of things that you need to be to live in the world of mizahar. He can't fight to save his life or use magic. He is just a planner and has to relay on others when it comes to food, keeping him safe and the like. Odds are he may just reach the "top" when it comes to working on city wide projects but who knows.

I hope this post helped and also helps others posting ideas and thoughts. I am open to players and mod(s) views on the matter.
Chreinn
Player

Words: 3348
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 6:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nex Paciscor on October 10th, 2011, 7:01 pm

A big dream of mine is for Nex to possibly earn a gnosis mark for caiyha, and become a tried and true protector of the forest, and the natural order of things possibly even start his own organization one day. For this though I realize I need to put in a lot more work with him like doing some wilderness survival training threads, post to my job request so I can have the funds necessary for a possible future organization, and last but not least do something significant enough to attract the goddesses attention. Possibly even get him some contacts in the city that could help him in his endeavors.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Growl on October 10th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Well this is a cool idea...

*is being a dork and using her mod acc*

@Chreinn, since you're not much of a fighter you may go for Rak'keli's healing... if your pc ever gets interested in medicine and what not. Perhaps even Akarni once it is written up. There are a few gnosis that could work for a non-violent, non-combat based pc

@Nex, that would be really cool... I fear you may learn to hate my pc though... she kills animals for a living. Maybe we shouldn't tell him...

And I can helps with wilderness threads... I have three pts on Aello!

And to Aello's dreams:

1- Become Dira's champion. (What? I can't help it if she is seriously devoted to her).
2- Although impossible, rid the world of hypnotists and the undead... well she can try, can't she?
3- I am seriously toying with the idea of her attempting to kill the Voice one day. Although I don't want her to necessarily replace her... or just giving into the dark side and becoming 'stryfe... she is more than crazy enough for it, courtesy of the cursed dagger, as V has pointed out...
4- Master shortbow, and spiritism.
5- Make some friends... she is seriously lacking in that department. Either, you hate the poor girl, you fear her, or you use her for some reason or another... but maybe she uses you all too.

*makes shifty eyes*
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Office

Postby Solomus Revon on October 10th, 2011, 10:13 pm

I wish to give corruption a true meaning in Ravok besides how to describe the place. Basically I'm planning on slowly building up a network of spies, both NPC and PC, to truly give Ravok a fear factor. Eventually it would be given to the Ebonstryfe as a gift, with Solomus running it.

I understand that Ravok has crazy happenings, but most are planned by PCs beforehand. My goal is to have threads happen just because of something a spy heard IC. Example would be making an offhand comment to one of my spies about her plot to kill The Voice. This would then lead to Solomus hiring an assassin or merc to then attack Aello. It all depends if someone is willing to risk their PCs life to kill you, or if a mod will play as an NPC merc. This would provide a new barrier on what your character does and says, because it might then lead to some unique opportunities both fun and fatal.

I do want to rise high in the ranks of the Ebonstryfe, so then I could control an entire army of soldiers. And with this comes my other dream. It is high time Rhysol expands his chaos to a second city, and I wish to take it to Sunberth. It would add Ebonstryfe flavor to their already unstable city, and I could then try my hand at plotting on the losing side, trying to work my way up. This one is a little far-fetched though it would be fun.
Solomus Revon
Apprentice of Rhysol

Words: 33161
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2011, 11:24 pm
Character sheet

Postby Crismento Miren on October 11th, 2011, 2:54 pm

Cris goes through his life wherever it takes him, trying to capture opportunities that arise. In his ideal dream he would live a secure and comfortable life, exerting influence on people that could make his life even better. That is difficult to reach when one engages in scamming or trying to con people in a town like Ravok on daily basis. Lies and betrayal being his bread and butter, he feels rather comfortable with the fact that he lives in Rhysol's town, though not necessarily that comfortable with Black Sun's and Ebosntryfe's control (being originally from Sunberth). Nevertheless, he would be happy to be a freelance associate of them by meeting and selling out anti-Rhysol people of Ravok or other services. Capturing the opportunity to make one's life better :)

Myself, I would like him to one day become a member of Black Sun to give him focus or involve himself with the Ravok families and their affairs.
Crismento Miren
Not Laconic

Words: 114694
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 17th, 2011, 6:43 pm

Well, Clyde has quite a few things that he is currently working for, as he is a serious plotter, the first one being to regain his magic, which Ver is already working on right now. So thanks for that.

So here I think I will just name some of Clydes more short to mid-term goals. For his long terms goals, click the link in his sig, for Clydes stuff, which includes his long term to do list. Very long term....

To do list(Short/Mid Term)
-Learn how to make magic staffs, (requires competent magecrafting, which I am close to reaching)

-Get a decent magic staff, either make it, or attain it. (Not just a junk one, at least a decent one, maybe like MC-2 or 3.)

-Become a Paladin for the Ebonstryfe. (Obviously requires for me to officially become a member of the Ebonstryfe first.)

-Become a valuable asset of the Ebonstryfe. (It is called job security! And also in this case, life security...)

-Master Reimancy and Glyphing. (Close to expert in both)

-Gain the attention of Rhysol. (the good kind of attention, not the bad get killed kind.)

-Get some gnosis, possibly Chaon, also Azenth. (Would those conflict? Or could I have both at same time?)

-Find some kind of way to make a steady income, probably using magic. (Might just be getting paid by Ebonstryfe, not sure.)

-Learn to fight! Working on Staff (Helpful if I get a magic staff, and he has a staff right now which he uses), slingshot (I have some crazy ideas which involves glyphing, reimancy, and exploding slingshot bullets to shoot from this! Also requires engraving for the plan.) and possibly some kind of hand to hand skill.

-Destroy Syliras. (its a long story, but he has many good reasons to want this to happen.)

-Find his own way of reaching chaos, in a orderly way. (A clock signifies order, but ten clocks ticking out of sync is chaos... Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!)

-Work on his evil laugh, and find an opportunity to use it IC.(Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!)
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on October 19th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Great to hear from everybody. You're already giving me ideas to help you all out! Anyway, here are some comments.

Chreinn: There is nothing wrong with wanting to reach master. It is a simple, but worthy, goal. There are very few PC masters out there, but the journey to reach mastery is always worth it. I think it's awesome that you are doing something different and being an architect. We already discussed a project for you, which I'll talk about more when the time comes. As far as gnosis goes, there are several that might be good. Lykata, possibly Divination, and I'm not sure if he awards it to non-Isur but maybe even Izentor. There is one magic I highly recommend though, Auristics which will allow you to see flaws in the aura's of the structures you build and stuff like that. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Nex: Speaking purely on a Ravok based level here, your goal will be hard to accomplish. Most of Ravok's players are city folk (with a few exceptions) and among the PC citizenry there are few who would support you. There is of course the Rising Dawn, who you have worked with some, and I will give you the opportunity to work with in the future if you want. As far as becoming a guardian of the forest, awesome goal. Actually, Jules and I are working on a pair of characters that might interest you with similar (though different) goals that you might want to team up with at some point. I'll PM you more on that later though.

Aello:
Big goals, but you are well on your way already. We've discussed many things for your character. The next Ravok Quest may assist you in accomplishing a couple of those goals, no matter which side you choose. And of course I've got plenty of hypnotists for you to kill. There is another quest in the works which could open up new avenues for any character involved, Aello included, but I'm going to be a tease and leave it at that for now because it's a semi-secret project right now.

Solomus:
The Ebonstryfe/Black Sun already has spies. I'm not crushing your dream or anything, but I am just giving you a heads up that your spy network, if achieved, is going to need to bring something unique to the table that the Ebonstryfe can't already provide for itself. Keep in mind that Rhysol is aware of pretty much everything happening in his city. Whether or not he chooses to let his followers know is up to his whim, but beyond their god the Stryfe has spies all over the city as well as other cities. So make sure you have something unique to bring to the table, something that the Stryfe can't live without. As to expanding Rhysol's influence, that will only be done if ambitious players get together and help to make it happen. It wont be a one man show, we need more Black Sun PCs, more Ebonstryfe PCs, and more followers in general.

Cris: While I am always willing to help people join the Black Sun or Ebonstryfe, I think it'd be very interesting to see a player get involved with one of the Ravok Families. People seem to forget that they are an important part of the city, myself included, and I'd like that to change. I've name dropped before and characters who are long time citizens of Ravok have completely ignored those names.. this isn't their fault, there isn't enough happening with the families to make the player realize they are as important as they are. Hopefully that can be changed.

Clyde: Well Clyde, Chaon should be easy enough to get if you become a member of the Ebonstryfe. As far as Azenth goes, it's quite possible. Ivak supports change and keeping the world in motion, Rhysol is chaos.. chaos creates motion, change creates chaos. Also, you are not a gods property until you have 3 or more marks from the same god. Multiple gods marking you is not a problem. I'd love to see the power of Ivak and Rhysol combined.. it'd be awesome.

Great job everyone, keep those dreams coming!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Strychnos on October 20th, 2011, 9:46 am

Strychnos' Ambitions:

Until recently I had the idea in mind that he'd make a good member of The Shroud, Vayt's cult, since it has alot to do with poison. But I realized that it would get heavily in the way of my character concept/history that mainly revolves around (poison-heavy) assassinations and combat.

SO...

I went searching for other, more appropriate yet at least equally fun, ambitions/goals/plotlines for my character. And I was fortunate enough to have started in THE perfect location to accomplish my newfound goal: Becoming, in the VERY long run, The Ebonlord...

I know, it probably sounds like I'm aiming too high and impossible to reach. But hey, I'm not going to rush it nor am I planning on leaving anytime soon, so my goal is that and everything that will help me reach that goal, such as:

Certain Skill Progression
Serving Rhysol & The Ebonstryfe
Surviving the Crucible & Advanced Crucible
Making my way through the Ebonstryfe's Ranks
Making a name for myself
Etc. etc.

I really think I found the best suited goal for myself, since it involves alot of things I like threading about. :)

PS: My character is a-go-go to become an Ebonstryfe Apprentice if allowed. :)

*Goes to PM Verillian* :D
Last edited by Strychnos on October 26th, 2011, 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strychnos
Player

Words: 13304
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on October 21st, 2011, 5:10 pm

Reaver's goals are not supposed to be achieved... period. It's part of what makes it so fun for him to try so hard.

Reaver's Primary Goal: Change the viewpoint on Nuit from simply 'evil' to a case-by-case basis, then decide if he wants to be evil or not.

Beyond that, Reaver hopes to accomplish this with a stunning medical achievement, prosthetic limbs for Nuit... that hold ichor to work as well as limbs they replaced. Accomplishing that would drastically reduce the need for new bodies, he hopes. That would lead to phase 2 of his medical research. First, he must learn to make normal prosthetic limbs, however. He's a ways from that as well.

Reaver's secondary goal: Learn as much as possible, even learning to make shirts could help him stitch people back together. Everything has a chance of aiding his crazy goal, and stopping to smell the roses along the way isn't going to hurt him any.

MY goal for Reaver is way simpler, earn him a sort of 'jack-of-all-trades' skill-set and somehow convince him that traveling the world will aid his research faster then sitting still for hundreds of years. Getting him favorably viewed by the goddess of secrets would also be fun, but not required.

How's that for hopes and dreams?
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next