Odd job gone wrong(Eridanus, Zenai)

53rd of Fall, 511av, (south woods)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Zenai on November 17th, 2011, 2:46 am

OOCYou jerks, you killed 2 each D:< Also, I wanted the teethed gauntlets. Actually, I wanted gauntlets i.e. whatever armor you put on your arms. Still, I could use the spoils to finance my purchase of gauntlets.

Zenai just collapsed and lay on the ground, exhausted from the all the climbing and fighting they had to do. He allowed himself the pleasure of breathing in and out heavily for he needed to get a lot of fresh air into his tired out body. Something fell onto him; it was water flask. Zenai got up and saw that Anthony had tossed it to him. He got up and sat cross legged before taking a gulp of water to rehydrate himself. “That’s one damn fine water. Here you go, Eridanus. Cheers to our success and hope that petching merchant gives us our dues.” He tossed the water flask to Eridanus and got up to inspect their carnage. Zenai frowned as Anthony had already looted the bandit with the teethed gauntlet because he wanted it himself. Zenai would have to suffice with looting the long sword and gladius, and carry those in each hand. He also looted any armor the bandit had and hopes he could find a good-quality steel-armored gauntlet. He was just too petching tired to carry anything else and started to follow the others down the hill towards where the merchant had been. Zenai swayed a bit to the left and right as they made their way back to the merchant from being disorientated from an exhausting evening.

The boy seemed surprised that they actually came back. Were people in Sunberth really that self-preserving that they would run from a job the minute it got too dangerous? Well at least now, word could spread about Zenai being a reliable guard thus a credible Tagger. Zenai tossed the spoils into the pile they had in the middle of their fortification before accepting the fruit. “Oh sweet Bala, this is some sweet peach there.” Zenai bit onto the piece of fruit as if Bala really came down and gave one of her harvests for Zenai as a reward. Zenai actually went and got more peaches; he was terribly famished and got a couple more peaches for himself. He sat down, chewing on those oh so sweet peaches and taking a swig of water every so often. In the meantime, he observed Anthony negotiating with the merchant for compensation. Of course, the merchant thought otherwise. Well, petch him; if it wasn’t for them, they would all be dead so that merchant better pay his dues to them and agreed with Anthony’s offer wholeheartedly. But petch! 125 gold mizas? That’s like 40 days’ worth of salary! Zenai grinned and really did considered buying drinks for Carsten for the rest of the season.

Now, it was time to take stock of their spoils as well as get anything else of value onto a wagon and pull it themselves all the way back to Sunberth. Petch, and Zenai thought they were done with physical exertions. He grumbled as he took inventory of the weapons they had. Discounting the crossbows and various melee weapons handed out to the merchant, the merchant’s son, drivers and the wounded guard which accounts for five crossbows, a pike, two short swords and two long swords. The rest of the pile of an assortment of armor worn by the dead bandits and guards as well as one shield, two tonfas, one glaive, three short bows, four long bows, five long swords, two short swords and one gladius. Zenai had excluded the composite short bow he has taken for himself, the teethed gauntlet by Anthony and the crossbow by Eridanus. In addition, Zenai took whatever arrows were left for his composite short bow so he would have a full quiver. Zenai would like have the armors they have and looted appraised but what he was most interested in was some gauntlets; high-quality ones if he could find any and he wouldn’t settle for any less than good-quality ones. Better get a good one than a bad one. Eridanus would want some sort of light armor for himself if he wants.

They lifted one of the still-functional wagons so it would stand on its wheels and started loading with the wounded and the valuable. Zenai went for the wounded guard first. “Hey buddy, we’re finally going home. Come on, up you go.” He took the wounded guard by the shoulders and supported him while he walks on one leg. Eridanus would probably take the other injured driver. He supported the injured and they slowly walked towards the wagon. Zenai then lifted him up onto the wagon and have him sit in it. Zenai checked his wounds and it guessed he would need to have the bandages replaced by a real doctor. Nothing much he can do now for him. Zenai, assuming Eridanus had taken care of the injured driver, went to get whatever valuable cargo they were and lifted it onto the wagon next to the injured. Petch! Why does Zenai have to lift crates and barrels every time he’s on the job? Bah! Once you were known that you were willing help carry crates, everybody assumed the Guppie was just another laborer cum guard. Zenai, having at least some of his strength back, got the valuables slowly but surely onto the wagon. In took them the whole night for them to pull the wagon into Sunberth. Well, he really does owe Carsten a season worth of drinks then. They might as well finish the job; getting the wagon back, carrying the injured to the doctors and selling whatever loot they didn’t want which were mostly weapons and armors.

After even all that was done, there still was the question of what to do with the captured bandit. Anthony beckoned them to drag him into a secluded alley where they can privately discuss on what to do with the petcher or in an unlikely situation of cutting this throat and leave him for dead. However, that was not practical; Zenai had actually thought of selling the bandit to the slavers and shared his thoughts with the others as a joke. It was also something to scare the bandit. The bandit, having been gagged, widened his eyes in fear when he heard his proposal. “Yeah, this bugger’s buddies cause a lot of trouble for us. I say we sell him to the slavers. Get a bit more compensation for all that trouble of climbing hills and killing them especially the climbing of the hill.” He turns to the bandit. “You know how hard it was for us to climb that hill. We were exhausted!” Of course, there was the option of handing him over to the proper authorities but which authority and what proper? Maybe they should surrender him to the Daggerhands or Sun’s Birth. Either way, he didn’t care; he just wanted this bandit out of hair and would agree to anything Anthony had suggested. He just wants the ordeal to be done and away with.

LootWe have looted five crossbows, one pike, one shield, two tonfas, one glaive, three short bows, four long bows, seven long swords, four short swords and one gladius if I'm not mistaken. Zenai has kept a composite short bow and a quiver full of arrows for himself while Antar took the teethed gauntlet and Eridanus have a crossbow with him. Zenai would like to find some high if not good quality gauntlets for himself. If one isn't found then, I'll just have to get it in some other way. I guess the GMs we get for selling all those weapons are split evenly between us three and we would get 125 GMs each from the merchant.
Green is when I'm speaking Common.
Blue is when I'm thinking in my Mind.
Teal is when everybody else is speaking.
Red is when I'm speaking Nari.
Zenai
Old Legs' Tagger

Words: 201414
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 2:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on November 17th, 2011, 3:38 am

Eri looked around and found Anthony finishing off his own opponent with a gladius to the heart, the same way that Zenai had did it. Eri grumbled to himself why he had to get the difficult opponent, for even with his experience in hand-to-hand his fists hurt like hell from the previous battle. He glanced around the battlefield one last time, and when he saw that only Anthony, Zenai and him were left standing he sat down on the ground in a pretty unglam manner, while next to him Zenai simply collapsed right out. While the prospect of just lying down there was pretty inviting, he knew that their ordeal have not ended yet, and he would only consider the whole thing done when he was back in Sunberth in his library, chilling out with a book or two after getting some sleep.

Anthony tossed a water flask to Zenai, who drank from it like he was a thirsting Benshira, before tossing it to Eri who accepted it with a grateful nod. He was not only famished but his throat was parched after the rigorous physical exertions, and he gulped down the cool water. Like the two of them, this was the best water he had ever tasted, probably due to his circumstances, and he let out a content sigh as he wiped the water from his lips.

After that, it was business time as he helped his friends to strip and loot the bandits on the hill for anything of value, taking whatever left that the two could not due to their arms being already full. He assumed that they would gather everything and split the value equally, and so he was not particularly picky about what he took, simply gathering whatever that was left behind that the two missed out.

When they returned to the wagons, the merchant's son greeted them in a surprised tone, but Eri went over and clapped the boy on his shoulders, "I promised you that we will get you safely out of this. You trusted us, and your safety is your reward." The boy was overwhelmed with gratitude that the danger was finally over and he simply nodded as Anthony instructed him to get peaches for them.

He accepted the peach with a friendly nod and bit into it, savouring the taste like he had just came back from the dead and honestly it felt like that. It was only bells ago that they were in this position with arrows assaulting them from all positions, and only through their teamwork together that they finally bested their enemies against disadvantageous odds to survive.

Anthony began bargaining with the merchant for their compensation, and Eri left him to it for it was evident from the rogue's wily tone that he was more experienced in negotiation than Zenai and Eri, who were probably more experienced with more... physical or sharp negotiations, and so he left Anthony to the job, while he and Zenai began to take stock of their spoils from the bandits. It was fortunate that they had already collected most of the items from the first wave earlier and so their job now was mainly counting. Zenai finished the last count, and Anthony finally gave them the last instruction to pack up and move on, and Eri complied. The group began the tiresome and boring job of loading up the wagons and moving the wounded, with Eri carrying the other wounded driver behind Zenai and then helping his friend with the crates holding the merchant's most valuable cargo into the more serviceable wagons.

Finally, it took them the rest of the night to finally enter Sunberth, tired and cranky from the events, and it took quite a chunk of the following morning as he helped Anthony to deliver the wounded to the doctor for medical attention, and cleaned their loot before selling it to the Knight's Armoury.

Eri sighed when it was all over, for he had been moving almost on autopilot, his brain more or less having shut down from exhaustion and his body moving by itself in a numb manner, screaming for its much-needed rest. He wanted to rest, but there was one last thing that had to settle, and that was their prisoner - the only sole survivor of the ambush.

He and Zenai followed Anthony into a secluded alley, dragging their bounded and gagged prisoner, and Anthony asked them for their opinions on what to do with this man while Zenai joked about selling him into slavery. It was a practical manner and Eri would normally agree, but his past experiences more or less shaped him into being seriously anti-slavery, and he'd rather kill the man than to make him suffer for the rest of his life. Still, Eri had indirectly promised the man's safety should he divulged the information that proved to be fatal to his fellow bandits up in the hill, and he told this to Anthony and Zenai, ensuring that the man would not be fatally harmed.

"The man has proved his worth to us in exchange for amnesty by betraying his comrades, and I say we honour our promises. Deliver what suitable punishment you see fit as a strong reminder to him of his mistake in attacking us, but leave him alive and at least capable of supporting himself through honest means from now on. And then let us be on our way."

His body was aching, his migraine and settling in, and he wanted to settle this as quickly as he could before he could collect his share of the spoils from Anthony and retiring to his secluded spot in the library to rest.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Antar on November 17th, 2011, 4:05 am

"Very well... then I shall do as follows." Noth said coldly as he stared down at the prisoner. "I have my own personal code, that those who thieve or attack me deserve nothing but death, and yet only if they suffer to being alive after they are captured do I consider it worthwhile to sell them into slavery. Otherwise, I hate the sordid business."

He sighed and looked once at Eridanus, and then at Zenai, "The extenuating circumstances I see here to go against that is a certain fellow guard on this job promised him amnesty and a chance to make his living it seems by betraying his bandit companions. A despicable thing betrayal, and one I usually would also deliver the poor sot into Dira's hands for. So... I must consider the alternative."

Turning his head towards one of his two fellows he spoke, "Zenai, I'll ask you to look away now." He grabbed the man and moved so Eridanus was blocking Zenai's view.

Moving in one smooth motion, Noth's gladius was drawn from his scabbard and in a blur, the man's left hand was severed and left nothing more then a bloody stump. The captive fell to the ground in pain, and Antar kicked him over to his back before stepping to immobilize the injured arm under his bootheel before he kneeled down to keep a knee on the arm sword against the bandits throat.

A muttered gasp of pain was quickly stifled into a whimper as Noth felt the djed traverse like liquid lightning from his stomach, up his arms and down into his palm before the Res began to weep from his hands. He shaped it into a ball and lit the exterior on fire. Slowly, but surely he cauterized the stump. Denying any potential for the arm to be reattached save by the good grace of one of Rak'keli's healers.

He could have gone for the eyes, but ... he knew that Syna didn't like that.

The deed done, Noth wiped his blade on the small scrap of cloth the bandit had left. He took a slight sigh before standing to step back and nudge the man again with his foot. "With one hand you can make a living... but you'll never wield a sword again. Get the Hell out of here!"

The bandit scampered off like a bat out of hell and Noth sheathed his blade to turn towards the others. "I think that concludes our business with each other for today." He gave a slight nod to each of them as he spoke their names. "Zenai, Eridanus. Perhaps I shall see you again one day soon , eh? We may have much to discuss." At the last word he looked at Eridanus and smiled slightly as he considered the Ethfael.

'Yes indeed they would have much to discuss.' The rogue walked away, only barely looking back to see the three of them part ways. Each heading towards their own corners of the city. Just another day in Sunberth had passed, with everything proceeding with business as usual.

~Fin

Total tallies of Kills for Grading Mod: :
Enemy units: Weapons and Assorted random armor.

West: 1 Longbowman, 1 Shortbowman, 1 crossbow, 1 crossbow

East: 1 Shortbow, 1 shortbow

North: 1 Longsword, 1 Glaive, 1 shortsword

South: 1 longsword, 1 longsword, 1 Longsword Traitor Guard(30 longsword),1 shortsword, 1 shortsword, 1 dual wield tonfa, 1 Pikeman

Reserve:
Bandit leader (longsword 40, Unarmed 15)
Bandit Archer(Wounded) (longbow 30)
Bandit Archer ( longbow 20)
Bandit Brawler( Teethed Gauntlets 40, Unarmed 26)
Bandit Swordsman( 30 gladius)

Captured and soon to be decided if released,enslaved, or slaughtered XD: 1 longsword

Items for sale to be divided up in three: :
crossbows5
Pike 1
shield(random type)1
tonfas1
glaive1-
short bows3
long bows4
long swords7
short swords4
gladius1

Item Requested to keep :
NameAmountItem
Zenai 1 composite short bow
Zenai 1 quiver of shortbow arrows(20) - 1 gm
Zenai 1 Teethed Gauntlets - given by antar
Eridanus1 Crossbow
Eridanus1 Crossbow Bolts(20)
Antar0 None

Ledger and Miza requests :
Personamount Article of Note to look at for decision of approval or modification of amounts
Antar 125 gm ??? Antar's negotiation with the merchant at the end and the situational factors
AntarSubjective Amount 1Worth of weapons and randomized armor to be sold divided by three
AntarSubjective Amount 2Any random amount of mizas found on bandits during fieldstripping process divided by three
Zenai125 gm ???Antar's negotiation with the merchant at the end and the situational factors
ZenaiSubjective Amount 1Worth of weapons and randomized armor to be sold divided by three
ZenaiSubjective Amount 2Any random amount of mizas found on bandits during fieldstripping process divided by three
Eridanus 125 gm??? Antar's negotiation with the merchant at the end and the situational factors
EridanusSubjective Amount 1Worth of weapons and randomized armor to be sold divided by three
EridanusSubjective Amount 2Any random amount of mizas found on bandits during fieldstripping process divided by three

Note to ModPlease adjust amounts as you see fit for your best judgement

Skills request :
Zenai Skills: Talon Sword, Dual-Wielding, Composite Short Bow,Medicine, Body Building, Running, Stealth, Interrogating, Climbing Lore: Odd Jobs: Those suck and Zenai shouldn't do them again.

Antar Major: Gladius, Reimancy, Medicine, Unarmed, Tactics; Minor: Running, climbing,observation, stealth, interrogation, negotiation, Body building, Kukri any others you see :); Lores Requested: Ethfael: (Basic); Zenai(basic), Eridanus(basic), Tactics:Counter Ambush Tactics(Basic);

Eridanus
Combat Long Swords, Crossbow, Dual Wield, Unarmed Combat, Acrobatics.]
Magic: Flux, Auristics.
Physical Running, Climbing.
Social Interrogation, Persuasion, Leadership, Intimidation, Rhetoric.]
Others: Observation, Meditation, Construction(?) Body building, Stealth?
Lores: Any you see?
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cachet on December 18th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Antar :
Antar
SKILLS
Running:111
climbing:11
stealth:11
interrogation:11
negotiation:1
body building:11
Kukri:111
Observation:11
Leadership:111
Tactics:111
Medicine:11
Reminancy:11
Longbow:11
Gauntlets:11
Gladius:111

LORE
Ethfael: (Basic)
Zenai(basic)
Eridanus(basic)
Tactics:Counter Ambush Tactics(Basic)
Medicine: Removing an Arrow

Eridanus :
Eridanus
SKILLS
Long Swords:111
Crossbow:111
Dual Wield:11
Unarmed Combat:11
Acrobatics:1
Tactics:1
Flux:111
Auristics:11
Climbing:1
Interrogation:11
Persuasion:1
Leadership:1
Intimidation:11
Rhetoric:1
Observation:1
Meditation:11
Stealth:111
Bodybuilding:11
Longbow:1
LORE
Crossbow: Brace yourself
Longbow: Aiming (Basic)
Crossbow: Aiming (Basic)

Zenai :
Zenai
SKILLS
Talon Sword:111
Dual-Wielding:11
Unarmed:111
Composite Short Bow:111
Medicine:1
Body Building:11
Stealth:111
Acrobatics:111
Interrogating:11
Persuasion:11
Climbing:111
Observation:111
Meditation:11

LORE
Odd Jobs: Those suck and Zenai shouldn't do them again
Tactics: Fighting a Pike-man
Tactics: Bodies can make a wall

Item Listout :
Items being kept by party
Itemworthwhere it went
Composite Shortbow75gmZenai
Shortbow Arrows(20)1gmZenai
Teethed Gauntlets3gmZenai
Crossbow50gmEridanus
Bolts(20)2gmEridanus

Items being sold/considered sold by party
ItemPriceQuantityGross Mizas
Crossbow65gm5325
Pike8gm18gm
Shield18gm118gm
Tonfas3gm13gm
Glaive7gm17gm
Shortbow25gm375gm
Longbow70gm4280gm
Longsword10gm770gm
Shortsword6gm424gm
Gladius40gm140gm

Grand total 850
per person: 283gm 3sm 3cm

Extras to be added in
Pay per person125gm
Item sales 283gm 3sm 3cm
Money found(per person)100gm 6sm 7cm
Total509gm

so add 509gm to your inventories ^^

Conclusion:There are holes in the defense....stuff them with bodies!!!! Classic seems every time I read one of your guys threads I get another horrible idea..Anyway.

Anything seem out of place? Any questions please feel free to contact me ASAP.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous