[Krivak's Scrapbook] There's a Yak in my Boots

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Krivak on January 11th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Hello Mizahar,

This is my first scrap and I think I'll start it off with a stint of who the man behind the yak horns is. My name is Tony Fanelli and I'm 26 years old. I've never gone to college. But I'm CEO of a small independent chain of stores known as Fanelli Brothers Inc. We sell and build computers, do software and repairs, and we also refurbish inks and toners, and sell office supplies. I live in Athens, Ohio and we work large swaths of Ohio and West Virginia. I'm married to Erica. We have two cats and two dogs, and we are trying to have kids. It's very difficult for women in her family to get pregnant, and when they do, odds are high they will lose it. We've lost two pregnancies so far, but we haven't given up.

I've always played RPGs and I've been writing fantasy stories for as long as I could remember. I stalked Mizahar for approximately a month before I made Krivak. I love it here, it's quite imaginative, and I love the fact that there's a strict structure. Sorry Nekos. I like to think I'm a pretty good writer, despite being a tad slow to reply. But that's the price I pay for being a busy man. I'm very open of myself and my life, and I love building relationships, it is one of the high points of my business. So don't be shy around me, a direct approach and a question are always best.

Side note: I'm named after my great-great Grandfather who was in the Mafia.

That's it for now, hopefully you know me a bit better, and I get to know you as well.
Krivak
Player

Words: 49903
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Krivak on January 11th, 2012, 8:15 pm

Hello again,

I saw an amazing sight a few minutes ago. I was up in area of Athens called The Ridges. It's a former mental hospital turned university building. Anyways on my way out of a meeting with a new customer, I look up at the dreary clouds above and I see something unexpected. There were dozens of falcons/hawks, not sure which, flying above in an amazing display of aerial prowess and acrobatics. Many of them seemed to be doing this airborne dance with a partner which makes me suspect that it's a mating ritual of sorts. It was jaw dropping, and I wasn't the only one staring. Anyone outside was in as much surprise as myself.

So after watching for several minutes I head over to my car and look back at the building. Despite the dozens in the air, there were at least a hundred more perched and once more doing an unusual display. They had their wings up and out and would lunge their heads at each other. Reminded me of when "gangsters" spread out their arms, do the head lunge, and go "What!?"

So in my strange mind, gangsters have either copied bird habits, or birds are be owning organized and are going to start committing random crimes.

Just the musings of a strange mind.
Krivak
Player

Words: 49903
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Shepherd on February 8th, 2012, 1:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm here to apologize to all my thread partners and to let you know that you are not forgotten. I am currently working to catch up the massive backlog of CSs that need checked, and until it is caught up, I will not be posting on my PCs. Here's a list of to do's I owe! Also, if you are on a new thread list, feel free to start it yourself. Also if I don't have a thread with you, I'll gladly take you up on one. Let me know! Also accepting to guest mod threads for anyone. I will also be attempting to keep from holding up Moderated threads such as Festival in Nyka or quest in Suvan Sea.

Krivak
Krivak is currently in Avanthal and is able to flash back the last ~6 years or so in Ravok.

New Threads I Owe:
Tiki, Oluse, Kendall, Aurore, Caelum.

Replies I Owe: Hadrian, Taithrosa, Belgar, Alea, Cara, Ashen

Liandra
Liandra is currently in the Suvan Sea, and is able to Flashback to numerous coastal cities including Charbosi, Alvadas, Syliras, Riverfall, and Black Rock.

New Threads I Owe:
Citrine, Serrif, Lase, Bob

Replies I Owe:
My Solo, Alexis, Aluria, Sable, Gabrielle

Alderache
Alderache is currently in Nyka and can flashback to Riverfall and Syliras, and possibly Endrykas.

New Threads I Owe:
Shade, Micah, Roan, Boris, Jett

Replies I Owe: My Solo, Ezra, Kassan, Solaris, Xnnn, Winter Festival

Guest Modding (Open to all new requests)

New Threads I Owe: Izdihir
Shepherd
CS Liaison

Words: 132259
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2012, 1:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Eridanus on February 8th, 2012, 2:28 pm

yakyak good job helping out the newbies in miz~ try to regulate yourself and avoid burning out ok?? :D
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Shepherd on February 10th, 2012, 11:31 pm

Got a thing of stovetop Jiffy Pop, a bunch of gas station candy and pop, and gonna have a bad horror movie night with the Missus.
Shepherd
CS Liaison

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Devero on February 11th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Watch out for Spoilers!

So last night the movies we watched were:

Aahh!!! Zombies!!!
Human Centipede
Bootcamp

Aahh!!! Zombies!!! was an idiot comedy "horror'" based on a surprisingly interesting concept. Some young adults accidentally ingest some toxic waste that turns them into zombies. Not original, however, the movie is constantly switching between two perspectives. When the movie was in Color, it was how the Zombies were viewing the world. All other people and things moved at a much higher rate, and everything seemed normal. They didn't even know that they were zombies, they simply thought they had become super soldiers. They could walk, talk, and all the normal stuff just fine. But in Black and White, it shows what is actually happening. Which is they wander around and kill people. Bad movie definitely, but how often do you get to see the world through a zombie's eyes?

Human Centipede was just wrong. Acting was better than I had expected. But just the entire concept of the movie was horrifying and gross. Crazy renowned surgeon that separates Siamese twins decides to build a Siamese Triplet. He does this by surgically attaching the mouth of Patient B to the anus of Patient A. Then attaching the mouth of Patient C to the anus of Patient B. Voila, horrifying visual of 3 people becoming a single gastrointestinal track. Oh he also cut some ligament in their knees to force them to always have bent knees. It ends as most mad scientist movies do. But the concept was so horrifying that it took away from possibly a decent movie. But a decent movie it is not.

Finally there was Bootcamp. This was in the horror section despite not being a horror movie. Based on a true story though. And has a well known actress, Mila Kunis. The story was slow, the plot predictable, but somehow managed to stay interesting. And seeing Mila near naked always makes a movie better. Not bad.

All of these can be found on Netflix if you care. But that was my Bad Horror Movies Night.
Devero
Player

Words: 15400
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2012, 10:59 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shepherd on March 25th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Hello everyone,

Several days ago, my wife was killed in a car accident on her way home from work. This is why I haven't been around for a little while. And quite frankly, I'm devastated. So I'm taking a leave for a while to recover from the shock of this and pick up the pieces of my life. I honestly don't know if or when I'll be back. If I'm not back in an appropriate amount of time, please retire all of my accounts. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes. My world is and never will be the same again. I probably won't respond to any PMs, and I won't be on chat. I might be on AIM but I don't know if I even want to talk about it. Thank you for everything you've given me Mizahar.

Tony
Shepherd
Liandra
Krivak
Alderache
Half-Pint
Devero
Shepherd
CS Liaison

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Legion on March 25th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Tony,

I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

- katie.
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Liar on March 25th, 2012, 2:28 pm

You'll be missed, Tony, but that's not what matters. You've given us so much, and I'm truly sorry for your loss. Take the time you need.
Liar
This statement is false.

Words: 175519
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Macabre on March 25th, 2012, 2:34 pm

There are no words. My deepest condolences go out to you and your family.
we do what we must, because we can. for the
good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

kalinor lore | the symenestra | faq | office
Macabre
That's funny, I don't feel corrupt.

Words: 52332
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Office

Next