What if your PC died?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

What if your PC died?

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 11th, 2012, 9:04 pm

I have never had a character die, though when Clyde lost his magic, it was close enough to it for me... Since most of what he was was lost, and locked away...

I did actually consider killing him off or quitting when that happened, but I pushed on, and eventually with V's help, got his magic back...

Though if Clyde were to die off, I know he would not be laid to rest... He would definitely become a ghost, and cling to whatever form of life he could. Probably would continue on and try to find a new body, maybe find an animator to make him a nuit, and would try to find a way to be truly alive again with real living flesh. After all, he has not finished his megalomania-cal goal of power and immortality... Clyde aims high... Or maybe that is the magic talking...

As for my other pc's... I am sorry to say they would move on... It is just who they are. I would certainly miss these others, especially after all of the energy I have put into Bones... But I would move on, maybe make a new character... Perhaps I could find out about Bones becoming an Ethaefal... Not sure if that would work or not, or if new Eth's are still made, but Bones is certainly perfected enough in his soul to possibly do so.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

What if your PC died?

Postby Nai'shee on March 11th, 2012, 10:26 pm

I think there should be more deaths over here too. If Lucy died she would become a ghost, and I wouldn't really care (except because of some promises she has to fulfill which could be even more emotional in ghost form), but if Nai'shee died I would be really sad. I wouldn't bring her back for some reason. She isn't a type for miracles. Trough her history I think she always thought anything can be done by hard work. I would probably flash out every single day of her past, lol.XD To complete the story, to make an end. And then I would leave her. Oh, God, now I realize how sad I would be.TTwTT
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

What if your PC died?

Postby Rorugir on March 11th, 2012, 10:34 pm

I have never had any of my characters die (though one is about to be, by an especially dramatic route) but I'll try and fathom what I'd do if the three PCs I care about at the moment die.

Rorugir - I'd hate for him to die. I have the most plans with him, but he's also the most ambitious, so I could see why he might die, crushed by some god or something. He would probably come back as a ghost, or something, and just keep on working. Nothing stands in the way of this isur's plans.

Lynnea Timandre - It would be sad, especially since life was just starting to look up for her. But I'd probably let Lynnea be. She wouldn't come back, she'd just be left there, all tragic and whatnot.

Volans - Basically the same reaction as with Lynnea. If anything, he'd be happy - he would be going back to Leth. It would be a little complicated though, especially in what he would be leaving behind...but, still, no resurrection for him either.

Yeah...so, I'd only resurrect Rorugir. For the other two I'd probably rage a bit and then move on.
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

What if your PC died?

Postby Cade on March 16th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Dead is dead for Cade. If i lost him then i just make a new character. Thought it would be kinda nice to have a Bonus for thos Rpers that been around long time and if said character is killed off they get a starting package increase fo skills.

Like a retention package or something. lol.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

What if your PC died?

Postby Mirage on March 16th, 2012, 11:35 pm

For me I have always wanted one of my PC's to be killed off. I want a chance to feel their mortality, for if they are subjected to the ultimate change then they have truly become alive in my mind. Perhaps that is a bit morbid, but for me their inevitable Death is what makes them Alive.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

What if your PC died?

Postby Emblem on March 16th, 2012, 11:58 pm

If Marcus were to get killed off, I'd be upset for a little bit, but eventually I would just accept that it was the end of his story, and proceed to create a new character. Yeah, not very deep I know. Death is death and I wouldn't have much reason to bring him back as a ghost.
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

What if your PC died?

Postby Tiaue'a on March 17th, 2012, 1:07 am

Tiki's death, whenever it happens, will become the most flowery epic succession of posts I could pull out of my brains, and the PCs will cry, and the PCs' writers will cry, and the Founders will all shed a tear (except for Bina, she has no soul :P).

Valorae...has it coming. Not so soon, I'd expect, but one day I feel she'd make some deadly mistake and overlook that one person in the crowd who will come back to haunt her.

Tiaue`a is fairly new, and her death would't kill me just yet. It'd be damn ironic after the thread revolving around the wind eagle death... I'm writing her own funeral practically.

Rian's self killed, so no count.

Ycea is still untouchable as well...desperately awaiting Charbosi to exist...

As for you lovers of mortality, that's tough... :P Unless we can all pull off a resurrection, like Jen, it'd be a bit of a con to Mizahar. "Yes, my million words, my five mastered skills, my PC's own estate, all the servent and power and-" dead, game over, thanks for playing==>le rage.
Of course, for any writer I'd hope that would make the story that much more exciting. C'est la vie, I suppose...all that's left to do is wait...

*Rocks in the rocking chair looking at the front door...shot gun in hand... "Bring it, death..."*
Tiaue'a
Player

Words: 96770
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2011, 2:07 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What if your PC died?

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 17th, 2012, 2:03 am

Shepherd wrote:I honestly want to see more players killed (even if they are my own). I know Bina and Dusk have decent kill counts, but I want to see more deaths. If Krivak died, that would simply be the end of his tale for me.

I feel similar, if one of my characters died, that would simply be the end of the tale for me and I would go on. After all I take enjoyment from the realism of it all and being apart of weaving tales of many separate lives all bound to have some impact on the world no matter how large or small.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What if your PC died?

Postby Ana Sol Starris on March 17th, 2012, 2:36 am

I've thought about this often and I am prepared for Anas death, its inviteable and there is no way around it. Its impossible in Mizahar, but this doesn't mean I don't have plans for her death..

When she does die (future speaking) I'll give her a vacation for a year then bring her back as an Ethaefal. To me it is a possibility.

Or if and only if Ana dies before achieving her goals, then I will bring her back as a ghost right away to get them sorted out, help out the CE more, and all in all at the end of it.. Reincarnate (then play her reincarnation..mwahahaha..) or even possibly join the Ethaefal population.. Which as I said up above, I'll wait a year pretty much before doing the Eth part.

This is a whole lot of ifs, y'know.

My opinion on this may have changed by then in the future. ;) Never know.

But I've put a lot of effort into her, every idea I come up for her developement excites me. Delving further, deeper, listening to her! If anything, death will only be another chapter in the little thiefs saga..

If anything, I'd want Wrenmae to have the chance to kill her through Shroud in the future.. As I believe it will both develop our characters monumentally (Wren experiencing killing someone close first hand, Ana beginning a new chapter as a ghost or Ethaefal. ;) )

I'd like to think there are bigger plans for her, but I've also realized that I have to create pathways to access them.. So right now, it may seem she has no major role in the lives of others, history, but thats what progressing the character further is for. Right? :)

After all.. Shes gonna be an infamous one day! Hahaha xD
Last edited by Ana Sol Starris on March 17th, 2012, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

What if your PC died?