[Erudite's Scrapbook] Old Souls Die Young

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Erudite on April 25th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Old Souls Die Young

Hello, I'm Hannah!

Someone once said I had an "old soul." I thought they meant that the soul I had, my soul, had been reincarnated multiple times, so, it was old. Apparently, it meant being wiser beyond my years. And I'll admit, I do feel as if I am. But then of course there's the case of maturity. I'm mature, but of course, there are some cases when I'm not. But I suppose it's a little bit subjective to a person's views or morals whether or not a person is mature or immature, or somewhere in between. I suppose it's always best to just simply be tactful when interacting with others.

I enjoy writing. It's my favorite past time, and it's even become a means for me to earn money by joining contests and writing for newspapers. But apart from that, I also read, draw, play tennis, and play video games. I'm a sucker for love and horror. I don't exactly dislike anything, but I am afraid of a lot of things. I'm afraid of being misunderstood, disliked, hated, or made an enemy, especially if it's by someone I like, admire, or respect. I'm afraid of being misjudged, and I am especially afraid of dying. The latter two are a little more expected of a person, though, isn't it?

You are likely to see my thoughts posted up here, a majority of them relating to Mizahar and of the friends I've made here. This may or may not include an occasional rant or debate.

Also, one last thing: I love bunnies!

This is the kind of writing that I aim for, the kind that is unconventional, eccentric, and bizarre, even. It's different, but it hits close to home, it just takes the road less traveled on. It's not often to see voices be compared with drinks and instruments, to see a girl crack like the spine of a book, to find beauty in eyelashes that dripped with tears, to have a laugh that is reminiscent to a pencil scratching. They're all such small, minuscule things that don't sound endearing alone, but once they've been paired up in this manner, they suddenly have meaning. The forlorn microemotions of a man who persistently claims to be alright, the sound of a person's voice when they believe in their words, when they've put a lot of thought and feeling in them, you could almost feel it drip and ooze out of their voices. I don't know why these things are so endearing to me, and I find it a little strange, but I like it.

This little picture right here is what made me want to start my own scrapbook, and it's all thanks to Musca.

The Busy Meter

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▽▬▬

Heavily Preoccupied
Will often take at least a week to reply to posts.
I am in the middle of studying for University Entrance Tests,
and I'm going to take my SATs soon, so I've got to study.
Last edited by Erudite on May 27th, 2012, 2:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on April 25th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Characters

Andalusia
Andalusia's one tough cookie with a soft center and warm, chocolate chips. She initially appears intimidating, frigid, and no-nonsense, but once you hear her speak, her soft center explodes and reveals her true personality. She's a young girl who'd experienced some bumps in the road, enough to turn her into a rambling, stuttering mess of insecurities and social anxieties. She has no point, no direction in life, she simply lives day by day. I for one, am not as fond of Andalusia as I used to be. I didn't put much thought into her, and even if she was the reason I'd won Rookie of the Month, I feel as if she completely lacks something, something that is too late to compensate for. I didn't plan her out well enough, I suppose. I love her, she's great, but she's going to die soon. Hehe.

Auguste
Auguste has too versions to his history. One that the rest of Ravok knows, and another that only he and the people close to him and his family know. The former is simply that his family's business went bankrupt, and so they'd set out to seek their fortune again elsewhere. The latter, is that his family was killed off by a rivaling business, and his parents fled before they could be next. He was supposed to accompany them, but he refused, because his home was Ravok, his god was Rhysol, and his place was to be among the Ebonstryfe. Being from a tightly knit family, he is very outspoken, friendly, and unassuming, but due to the fact that his entire family was slowly killed off, one by one, he also has a very dark, vengeful, selfish, and evil side of him. Another thing to take note of is the fact that he's a little bit insane: he tends to imagine and daydream about things too vividly that they become somewhat like hallucinations. There are a LOT of kinks that I still have to work out, with Auguste, but he's a very promising character, and I have a feeling things will work out great, considering my plans with some other players that involve him.

Erudite
Erudite was born into a relatively large family of Konti as the youngest among four siblings. All her sisters, including her mother and her grandmother, were marked by Avalis, while she was the only one marked by Rak'keli. The very first members of her family, however, were marked by Rak'keli as well, but after them, it had always been Avalis. While her sisters preferred music, art, and poetry, she preferred medicine, herbalism, and wielding the Suvai. Her hunger for knowledge and frigid disposition caused her to be quite the outcast, but it ultimately led to her survival. Her family members were all seasoned travelers, and so, when her sisters were old enough, they left the isle to seek their calling. Unfortunately, due to their inability to defend themselves and their lack of knowledge on the outside world caused most of them to perish in the hands of slavers. Erudite, who had prepared herself for the day she would be traveling as well, successfully made it to Zeltiva, where she aims to study and master the art of medicine, and become a renowned surgeon. Erudite is knowledge-hungry, intellectual, and hardly ever a dreamer. She aspires for success and dreams of impressing and making her family proud. Heck, I'm proud of Erudite, and she hasn't even done anything significant yet.

Tom
Tom has the most vulgar and mature history of them all, I'd say. I'm still unsure of where his birthplace is going to be at (he's still under development) but he was the son of a drunkard who slept around, and a woman who didn't know how to stay out of dark alleyways. They ended up living together because the woman is stupid and the man wants someone to cook for him. Tom lives a life marred with abuse, bad influences, and trouble. He and his best friend, Saif (another person's PC) had a ball wreaking havoc wherever they could. The pair dreamed of starting their own business, their own organization, a successful one that would get them drowning in gold. Legally obtained, preferrably. Saif's family, who were more decent and sensible, moved to Zeltiva and the two were unable to keep in touch for ten years. They grew up, Saif got himself a girlfriend, and Tom followed his father's path of sleeping around. One day, he decides that getting it on with women every night simply wasn't okay anymore, and so he goes Zeltiva to reunite with his best friend. He meets Caoi, a beautiful woman who steals his heart at first... err, thing. For once in the poor sod's life, he finds a woman he actually wants to love and spend the rest of his life with, but apparently, Caoi is Saif's girl. He hid the fact that he and Caoi had any relations or interactions whatsoever, and simply reunited with his friend. Along the way, he meets a ghost named Geoffrey, who was once a man in love but had unfortunately died before he could even marry his lover. He and his spectral companion work around both their heartaches for a long, long time. Tom is a jerk, a huge jerk, to everybody but Geoffrey, Saif, and Saif's friends. That's it, that is all. Friggin' jerk.
Last edited by Erudite on April 25th, 2012, 10:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.

In Erudite we trust.

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Musca on April 25th, 2012, 3:55 pm

Popped your scrap cherry and your yoghurt lid.
I bet it was great for you as it was for me.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Erudite on April 25th, 2012, 3:59 pm

That is the most hypnotizing gift I have ever come across. I can't stop staring at it because Link.
*scrambles to find her scrapbook's popped cherry, only to fail miserably*
Damn it.

I will utter not a single breath unless I have uttered but a single word of significance.

A little "philosophical discussion" between a certain horny bat and a healing serpent (or Musca and Sahashkalila) gained such a quote from me. It had begun as a simple question of "what do you want out of life?" wherein I'd demanded a lot of romance and adventure, and nothing less. Musca and Kalila began discussing the meaning of living, what it is to live, and how people tend to forget about how life isn't just about sustaining ourselves with food, water, and all that jazz, but other things, as well. And, well, I basically said those words, and then scurried off to write. I suppose I just meant that as long as my words have meaning or bear a significance to someone, then I am alive? Is being important to somebody the same thing as being alive?

I once had this discussion with a friend of mine, about existence. I insisted that we exist as long as we are capable of functioning the way we are meant to. My friend insisted that if nobody knew we existed, then we didn't exist. That seemed ridiculous to me, and I was sure he was only thinking about it mentally, when I meant it physically. If a species of flower suddenly grew in the middle of nowhere, where nobody could ever find it, it would still exist physically, wouldn't it? Sure, it isn't real in our heads, in our "lives," because we don't know about it, but that's an entirely different matter. The talk I had with Musca and Kalila brought me back to that late night of debating existence and living. There's more to it than that, but it's rather lengthy.

Life's so complicated, but it's alright!

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Sahashkalila on April 26th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Because I love you and you are awesome. And I have thoroughly enjoyed what you have written here.

Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Erudite on April 26th, 2012, 5:41 pm

This is basically the reaction of the masses when Stigandr came along.
Am I right, ladies?

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on May 2nd, 2012, 5:38 pm

Personalities

So I just took the personality test I saw on Victor's scrapbook, and I got ENFJ! I must say, I can't exactly call that inaccurate, as the other personality tests that I've taken before said the same thing.

According to the site, I am the following:
» Slightly expressed extrovert
» Distinctively expressed intuitive personality
» Moderately expressed feeling personality
» Very expressed judging personality

I am introspective, an idealist, and a mentor. My role variant is The Teacher.

And here's the explanation for each letter, it's excerpts taken from Victor's scrapbook. So, credits go to him! You can view the full post here.

How You Get Your Energy
Extroverts (E) act before they think. They are motivated by others and are most comfortable in big crowds. They like to talk, do, and learn about many different things. They would rather have a large circle of friends than a few close ones.

How You Get Your Information
Intuitives (N) enjoy discussing theory and telling stories. They can easily visualize something as it is explained to them and learn best from reading and abstract discussion. They are more likely to trust a gut feeling and think often about the future.

How You Make Decisions
Feelers (F) avoid conflict at all costs. They are sensitive to the needs and emotions of others and are easily influenced by their own passions. They are more likely to change their beliefs and opinions to match the situation or to make another person happy/compliant.

How You View The World
Judgers (J) require order, planning, and routine. They need to separate work and play, having important matters settled before anything else can be done. They like to make lists and plan the day, and may become flustered if things change too much.

Pretty neat stuff! The information about my temperament and role variant came from this page. Anyway, if any of you would like to try it out, go ahead and do so. Share your results in your scrapbook or in mine (preferrably both?), and let me know about what you got as well!

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Cascade on May 2nd, 2012, 5:51 pm

I don't know you well enough (yet), but that does sound like you! For some reason, "...enjoy discussing theory and telling stories" particularly sounds like you. :p

P.S. This looks fun, I think I'll try it.

P.P.S. I just broke the chain of neato post templates in your scrapbook, SARREH.
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Saif Orrick on May 2nd, 2012, 5:54 pm

This test seems to have captured you accurately, love. Makes me want to try it myself. Which I shall.
Saif Orrick
Player

Words: 1375
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2012, 4:20 am
Race: Human, Mixed

Postby Poison on May 2nd, 2012, 6:45 pm

I tried out the test. It was interesting!

I'm INTJ and apparently a Mastermind. Here is my scrapbook post if you want to read it.
Poison
DS of Kalinor

Words: 432701
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 7:28 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next