[Erudite's Scrapbook] Old Souls Die Young

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Musca on May 3rd, 2012, 10:41 am

Hannah Hannah Hannah.... you sly thing. You had just successfully tempted me to procrastinate.

PS. Took your 2nd page post. Mwahaha. This will become a trend.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Erudite on May 3rd, 2012, 12:13 pm

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you all enjoyed it, and I'm happy you posted about your results here! It's nice to see that there were varying results, as initially I was doubting the accuracy of this thing. I don't know, but different results makes me assume that it's correct. And our results do seem to suit us well, don't they?

@Cascade - Yeah, I think it does sound a lot like me. You'll get to know me well soon enough! ;D Hooray for Composers! I say it suits you, you're very fun to talk to and interact with!

@Saif - Hey baby. I think so too! You've got to let me know what you get, afterwards, alright? :3

@Poison - Ooh, Mastermind! I just read about them, it looks to me like they're the heavy thinkers, yeah?

@Musca - I'm sorry if distract you, I don't mean to, but I'm sure you don't mind. ;P Your result seems to suit you very well, as you're very fun to talk to and interact with as well!

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Saif Orrick on May 3rd, 2012, 6:49 pm

Hmm... Apparently I'm an INFP. Which would make me a Healer.
Saif Orrick
Player

Words: 1375
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2012, 4:20 am
Race: Human, Mixed

Postby Montaine on May 3rd, 2012, 9:30 pm

Huh, I did this a few years back and once again a few months back. Odd coincidences abound, eh? I'm a perpetual INTJ it seems, the Mastermind. The introverted, rational people, not much of a surprise, I suppose.

So, as I didn't get to have the fun of discovery this time round, I put Monty through his paces and he came out as an INFJ, the councillor. Basically, introverted, rational, but also lacks a little self control. I guess I've influenced my character a little too much.

I'll make the next one wildly extroverted, eccentric and..well, basically it'll be Eche.
Montaine
The Glass Boy

Words: 306099
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Paragon on May 3rd, 2012, 10:11 pm

Erudite wrote:
Thanks you guys! I'm glad you all enjoyed it, and I'm happy you posted about your results here! It's nice to see that there were varying results, as initially I was doubting the accuracy of this thing. I don't know, but different results makes me assume that it's correct. And our results do seem to suit us well, don't they?

@Cascade - Yeah, I think it does sound a lot like me. You'll get to know me well soon enough! ;D Hooray for Composers! I say it suits you, you're very fun to talk to and interact with!

@Saif - Hey baby. I think so too! You've got to let me know what you get, afterwards, alright? :3

@Poison - Ooh, Mastermind! I just read about them, it looks to me like they're the heavy thinkers, yeah?

@Musca - I'm sorry if distract you, I don't mean to, but I'm sure you don't mind. ;P Your result seems to suit you very well, as you're very fun to talk to and interact with as well!

The test is the Jungian Archetype system - it's a well known and used psychological test, and backed up with scientific evidence, so it should be pretty accurate :) I'm a Composer by the way!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Erudite on May 5th, 2012, 4:28 pm

@Saif - Aha, The Healer, eh? Suits you, I'd say, you're very caring and reserved!

@Montaine - From what I get from you, The Mastermind does suit you, eheh. Planning on another character, huh? Good luck on that!

@Paragon - So that's why it's so accurate and informative! I'd initially assumed that it was just another one of those personality tests, hehe! How interesting, I feel like researching more about that. And a Composer! You're very thorough when informing people, very social, and very fun. It suits you, I'd say!

In Erudite we trust.

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on May 7th, 2012, 1:46 pm

I Don't Know What To Feel

College is so close.

Today was our first day at the AHEAD review center, and while my excitement definitely kept my sleep-deprived body wide awake, it did nothing for the tense pain that pounded in my chest. The classroom was silent, filled with awkward glances and faraway smiles; they were the only things I could take notice of in order to keep my sanity. The boy next to me was wearing a mint green shirt, if I recall correctly, and he ignored me until we were told to befriend one another. After that, we exchanged awkward grins. The girl on the other side of me was much friendlier, and I distinctly recall that she was wearing a red plaid blouse, and had a metalmouth of a smile. It was endearing, and I've only just met her. We would occasionally speak from time to time, whenever we could, if only to be cordial. It was nice.

I suppose it might've been the three hundred items on that damn diagnostics test, or the fact that it was meant to be a simulation for the actual entrance examination for the university of my dreams. It begun easily, and I answered every question at a steady pace, but once I'd gotten past one hundred and fifty, my brain was burning up and releasing steam. The temperature in the room rose as sighs began to escape the lips of my classmates more frequently, and without a doubt, their heads were boiling up as much as mine was. If we were any more in the room, I would've expected the windows to steam up, and it wouldn't be because of the air-conditioning. I came home tired yet relieved, and happy to have survived my first day. I happily spoke with my friends online, without incident, and it was great, but something was eating me up and I wasn't sure what it was. Or perhaps, it's better to say that I couldn't admit to what it was.

I slept it off because I didn't know what else to do. Talking about it seemed useless, because I wasn't even sure how to word it out right. I wasn't sure what I felt. I woke up to a dark sky, dry eyes, and a heavy heart. My mother was home, but my father hadn't gotten back from the hospital yet (he's a doctor, they both are). She greeted me happily, but I returned the sentiment with a strained smile and a tired expression on my face. My first concern was the fact that I was going to have difficulty sleeping tonight, because I'd napped the entire afternoon away. We briefly discussed my day at the review center, and then later on about a book that I may be collaborating on. After that, the rest of dinner was filled with little conversations about current events and soap operas. I stayed out of it and ate my bacon in peace.

I keep worrying about my future, about the things that I'll be doing, and the things that I'll have to do. I keep thinking about all the responsibilities that I'll be having this school year, and my heart wrenches with anticipation and anxiety. I don't know why, but I feel as if I am surely not going to make it through this year. I'm the Editor-in-Chief to my school's newspaper, but some of the members of my editing board seem not to respect me or believe in my capabilities. It's not that I worry that I won't meet their expectations, but I worry that they'll disrespect me or refuse to listen to me when I give out orders or assignments. I'll have to resort to shouting, if reason won't reach their ears. Fortunately, most of my editors are good and well, and we all get along, so the chances of conflict, though possible, are slim. I'll be a senior this upcoming school year, and when I think about the subjects that I'll be taking, I worry. It won't be hard if I work hard, but what if even when I do my best, I don't succeed? At all?

Being the head of a publication is taxing, especially when you're not even used to newswriting, and your style is better suited for editorials and literary pieces. Being a senior at my school is exhausting, especially when you're often the leader of group works, and you are often given projects and assignments that should take weeks to finish, yet you are only given a day. Our educational system makes it so that our projects pile up and have unfair deadlines, and our examinations occasionally occur within small intervals, but no one has ever bothered to complain. I for one would just like to go through it and be done with it, instead of go out of my way and attempt to change it.

Attending the press conference last week and beginning my review classes have both opened my eyes to the reality that I will be incredibly stressed and inexplicably busy this year, and towards the start of the next. I'm terrified, and afraid, and frustrated... But it's natural, isn't it? It's normal, because I'm entering a whole new stage in my life, where everything is and will be, completely different. My frustrations boiled up and I had to cool down, and after talking to a good friend (hey there, Kalila), I felt immediately better. I don't know for sure if this can be called "entering adulthood," but it sure sounds like it. How interesting, I never thought I would get here, but I am. It's amazing.

I'm going to make it, and I'm going to be happy. It'll be just fine!
Last edited by Erudite on May 7th, 2012, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Cascade on May 7th, 2012, 1:52 pm

To be honest, UPCAT was the easiest, however you have to keep in mind that EVERYONE takes it and they only accept a small percentage. Most of the college entrance exams are diagnostic, which is why I never believed in going to a review center (though I was forced to anyway). ADMU was the most difficult test, though for some reason, I see you in ADMU. I think it would suit you. :p Curiously, which one are you aiming for?
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Erudite on May 7th, 2012, 2:32 pm

LOL, I edited the post, eheh!

I was initially aiming for UP, because then I wouldn't have to pay the entire tuition fee, since my mother's a professor there. Since it's a good university, it wasn't any trouble as well. But, the facilities are rather... outdated, and they speak Filipino, when I don't; well, I do, not it's not so good. Also, the oblation run! *shivers*

When I met an Atenean, who told me a lot about their school, the students, and their facilities, I was immediately drawn to it. You're right, I do see myself in ADMU as well! But my parents are so keen on getting me into UP, though I think they're a little bit biased. I really, really want to go to ADMU.

Lasalle and UST? No, never. I'm already a Lasallian, I want something different. I know so little about UST, and it's too far away!

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on May 9th, 2012, 11:42 am

This is me and Cascade.
*hops hops*

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

PreviousNext