Location [Syliras Location] Housing Authority

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Housing Authority

Postby Dusk on May 3rd, 2010, 5:57 am

Had it been one of the assistants whose lunchbreak had been interrupted, they might have been told to come back another time. But Tenner took one look at the impatient woman and her frazzled son, and just smiled again and nodded.

"Well, don't go pulling your gold out in the hallway," he said kindly, pulling the door the rest of the way open with one hand as he untucked the napkin and wadded it in the other. "Please, come in. I'm Sir Tenner Nigriso. Here, let me help you with that, ma'am," he added, taking the woman's bags from her.

He led them through the antechamber, which housed several padded benches for those waiting to speak with the person in charge, as well as a desk where his assistant usually sat. He moved past it without a glance, leading them through the open door in the back to his personal office. Within was an even larger desk with a high-backed chair behind it and two stuffed armchairs in front for guests, which he waved them into after placing the woman's bag beside one.

"I take it you've just arrived in Syliras? Why don't you tell me a bit about where you've come from and what your plans are," he said, stepping quietly over to a sidebar to pour them each a glass of cool water, which were placed on the desk in front of them. Once he settled into his own chair, he set his napkin to one side and scooted his plate towards them in invitation, offering them some of the fresh apple slices and soft, crusty bread that remained.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Aedai on May 3rd, 2010, 10:46 pm

Aedai quickly put away the pouch as soon as the man suggested it. His mother gladly handed the bags over and started stretching a little, "Thats a fine man there thank you for helping a lady Sir Nigriso". Aedai shrugged thinking to himself he would have done the same, "It is nice to meet you Sir Tenner Nigriso". His mother nodded and started to walk in first behind the man and Aedai followed right after sighing quietly. He noticed how empty the Housing Authority was. Chairs for those he thought would have been waiting, sitting for no apparent reason. Maybe to write a letter of some sort, he thought to himself. He also noticed the huge desk and the door besides it where the man had lead them to.

He could only think the desk would be for an assistant maybe, to help with organization. Like his mother helping his father to get things done around the cottage. He was left daydreaming for a moment since he would often do this whenever his spirits were down. He only realized how silly it was when his mother said aloud through the opened door, "Oh dear what is he thinking now".

He entered Tenner's Office finally being the last to enter. He sat down next to his mother in a very comfortable chair. He noticed the plate of food and while taking in the water, rather thirsty himself, he said, "I'm sorry my father tells me it is rude to interrupt others during dinner it is a private time to themselves".

His mother helped herself to the apples of course not minding at all and ignored the bread, but Aedai held back and only took the offered water. "A lady has to eat", she said as an excuse when she had swallowed down a small bite. Aedai sighed again and crossed his arms as he moved his rear a bit to sit more comfortably. "Our home has become a danger and I would like to find a place to live in for me and my mother". He stopped and set his cup down only after wiping his mouth with his sleeve. Ill-mannered as it was he didn't see any clean napkin since his mother took the last one to eat the slices of apples.
Aedai
Herbalist

Words: 31065
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on May 4th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Tenner waved away his apology with a friendly smile. "No matter, friend. If I'd been that worried about maintaining the peacefulness of my meal, I wouldn't have answered the door. I'm more concerned with making sure you're taken care of," he said with a nod.

The woman was given a sympathetic smile, though the Knight was familiar with just the sort of mother she seemed to be. "Well," he said, with a nod, turning his attention back to Aedai, "I can absolutely help you with that. The rate for a room of your own is 500 gold mizas, which may seem like a lot but it's the last you'll have to pay for it - it will be yours until you or your descendants relinquish it, barring any illegal activity of course," he chuckled. "And it comes fully furnished. I can likely find something with two single beds instead of a double, which I think will suit you better," he murmured.

He leaned over and pulled open a drawer, drawing out the shoulder-width ledger of housing in Stormhold and flipping through the pages. "Once you're settled, what work will you be doing, sir, lady?" he asked, glancing up at them again.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Aedai on May 4th, 2010, 10:19 pm

His mother was the first to respond, enjoying the small snake. "I know medicine well, and I know how to apply and make so that is what I want to do." She smiled as she said this then placed her hand on Aedai's shoulder, "I would like for him to stay safe". Aedai turned his eyes down to the floor, his mother shed a tear as she stared at her son. "I know that he is a young man so he can do what he likes, give him the money son", as she said this she took a deep breath then gave Aedai a fierce hug. "Don't you die on me too", she whispered in his ear, "Promise me". He whispered back gently chocking back the tears that swelled in his eyes. "I promise mom this is our home now and I'll always come back here, besides I won't be leaving anywhere right away but there are things I must know". He didn't know whether she nodded or shook her head but her answer came through her sobs, "I know my son, just be careful, I lost my love I don't need to lose my child".

After wiping her tears she let him go and Aedai took out the pouches that held the gold his father had left in case of emergencies. It was a coincidence that it was exactly five-hundred, or was it?He looked back at the knight and sighed once again, "Here is the gold I would tell you what I would like to do but first I would like for my mother to be settled in or at least in her new home". He whipped up the best smile he could make, but it did not come out the way he might have hoped. He was feeling too emotional.
Aedai
Herbalist

Words: 31065
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on May 5th, 2010, 4:33 am

Aedai

The knight watched as the woman dissolved into tears and clutched her boy in a hug, muttering and sobbing. It wasn't the first time he'd seen it in his office, and wouldn't be the last - no, the world outside these walls was a harrowing place for a mother, and he had seen more than his share weeping over the safety of her child.

Tenner rose from his seat and came around the desk, leaning against it as he pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and offer it to her, taking her other hand in his. "You are safe here, madam, as is your son," he said, giving her a reassuring smile. "The knights have spent hundreds of years ensuring the city's safety, and protecting its citizens. Which you are now counted among," he said with a nod to Aedai as he placed the money out on the desk.

He patted her hand once more, then returned to his seat and began flipping through the pages until he found the one he wanted. "Now, I think I can find a good room for you. Ah, yes, here," he said, tapping a finger as he pulled a pencil from his desk. "I've a room that was shared by two brothers who've since joined the Knights, so there's two beds in it. A tiny bit larger than what we usually have available, but I don't think there's any need to charge extra for it if you both plan to find employment," he chuckled.

Just then the door opened and a boy of about thirteen came flying into the room, arms loaded with books. "I've brought all the stuff for my less... oh!" he said, stopping short when he caught sight of the mother and son.

Tenner just chuckled and waved the boy in. "This is my page, Jinson. He can show you to your new suites, and help you with any questions you might have. And when you've gotten your mother settled, Aedai, why don't you come back with him and we can discuss your employment, hmm?" he said with another nod, collecting the bags of gold coins and pulling them across the desk. The page just dumped his books on one of the empty shelves in the corner and bounced forward, eager to follow his Sir's commands.

OOCIf you'd like, you can fast forward to him coming back to the office alone, up to you!
Last edited by Dusk on May 5th, 2010, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Hana on May 5th, 2010, 6:47 am

40th of Spring, 501

It had taken Ha’na a little while to get comfortable with the thought of selling back her cottage. Or making a full move into Alistair’s home at all. In fact, she still wasn’t completely sure she was fully agreed upon with it, but she did understand that she really spent more time there than she did in her own home. The money could be saved back for greater things, though she wasn’t want for much.

She was sure to come at a point where most likely the man in charge would not be busy, and if she was luckier the entire place would be nearly empty. For once she didn’t have her face covered, and the nervousness of being there was clear in her expression. She lifted a scarred little hand to knock on the door of Tenner’s office. Tenner Nigriso. Syliran Knight.

She ran these names and words over in her head, hoping that when the time came to use them she’d not forget them.
Hana
if love be timid it is not true

Words: 82066
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2010, 11:35 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Dusk on May 5th, 2010, 7:51 am

Ha'na

The sound of men's laughter rumbled from the other side of the door, and a few moments later it swung open to reveal a lad of about thirteen, still not yet grown out of boyhood, dressed in the white tunic of a Page.

"Oh! Hello, ma'am," he said, eyes widening as they caught on Ha'na's face, and a blush started to creep up from his collar and into his cheeks. "You're not... um... Sir Tenner!" he called over his shoulder, a little loudly, and his voice cracked when he did.

A moment later the head of the office stepped up behind him and patted the boy on the shoulder. "Ah, one last visitor for the day. Don't stand there stammering, boy," he chuckled, gently shoving the page away from the door so it could be opened to admit her. "Please, come in," Tenner said with a friendly smile, offering the young woman his hand. "I take it you're hear about your living arrangements?" he asked as he led her through the antechamber, which held several padded benches for waiting petitioners, and past his assistant's empty desk to his own office. "Have a seat," he murmured, handing her into the chair before circling the desk and taking his own.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Hana on May 5th, 2010, 4:36 pm

She peered at the page with a few silent blinks of surprise. Nothing was really said to him, because she couldn’t get anything out before Tenner appeared. She blinked up at the knight then, reworking her thoughts for a moment to remember exactly why she was there as she gave the hand offered to her own. Quickly she asked, “I’m not too late for the day, am I?”

As she started off with Tenner, she looked over her shoulder to give the page a smile of thanks.

“Yes, Sir Tenner, I am here about my house…” She paused, that wasn’t quite the right word for it either. Slowly she sat down in the chair, and peered at the man sitting across from her when he joined her. “My name is Ha’na, and I am here to turn in my keys.”
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Dusk on May 5th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Ha'na

"No, no, not too late," he chuckled, offering her a friendly smile. "Close, though, we usually close up in a few minutes. Which is why my page was excited - one of my friends is coming to take him out to the practice fields this afternoon. That boy does love bashing people about the head and shoulders," he sighed, as if he'd rather his page took interest in less violent endeavors, but he understood the need for the Knights to be highly trained, and so it was only a little sigh.

"Now, Ha'na, Ha'na..." he murmured, then suddenly snapped his fingers as his eyes lit. "Right! You're going to be sharing quarters with the gadgeteer, yes? deGrey, I think was his name," he murmured, trying to remember. He glanced up to peer at Ha'na's delicate throat, and then chuckled. "Is there to be a wedding soon?"
Last edited by Dusk on May 5th, 2010, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Hana on May 5th, 2010, 5:55 pm

“Young men tend to have a lot of energy to get out… It tends to come out aggressively.” She nodded slowly, rather sympathetic to his sigh. She’d had brothers. She knew what it was like.

“Ah, yes…” She blushed deeply at just the mention of Alistair. “I will be sharing quarters with Mister deGrey, but… I don’t think a wedding is to happen too soon. Maybe late summer… I don’t wish to press him on it. I’m afraid he might injure himself working if I bring it up too often. I prefer him in one piece...”

Towards the end of her statement, her eyes had dropped downwards and her voice had gotten smaller. She wasn't very happy with the arrangement as it stood, but she didn't seem very determined to change it.
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

PreviousNext