[The Bronze Woods] A Common Hunt {Closed}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Qist Tiere on August 18th, 2012, 5:26 am

OOC :
Sorry for the delays when posting...I've just been really worn the past week or so and didn't want to post something half-ass. Again, no worries. :) I won't forget about our lovely little thread.

She surveyed the company that now stood around her. As far as she could tell, they were all male. The second of the two knights, the one that held the weapon towards her, took Qist's attention first. He had stopped a few steps away from them, making his features fairly clear; the man seemed not too much older or younger than Qi. Though, that seemed to be the only similarity between the pair. She had red hair, while his was a dark brown. Her eyes, a foggy blue; his, a bright green. This same pattern held true for the man who held her. However, he did share the same basic eye color as her.

As she was set down, Qist took a involuntary step away from the men. It wasn't that she felt threatened, but more that the height difference seemed to lessen the farther she stood away. In spite of this, though, there still stood a creature that was shorter than herself. Gazing at the dark wolf, Qist nearly immediately recognized it as a Kelvic. Not only had she spent her entire childhood with a miz of Kelvic kind, but her hunting knowledge also led her to this conclusion. She had seen this sort of canine roaming around, and it she knew them to be pack creatures. Furthermore, it surely would have hidden or attack by now, as any animal would. Seeing as they all were still alive and well while watching this creature, Qi figured it only elementary that it be a Kelvic.

"Careful, dear." She spoke, returning her attention to the issue at hand. Her head nodded in agreement with Andre. "You could hurt someone with that." Qist meandered forward, picking up her equiptment and fastening it once more to her body.

Thoughts
"The voice"
Common
Nari

Qist Tiere
Funny, I don't remember being melancholic.

Words: 33415
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aven on August 20th, 2012, 7:48 am

OOC :
I too must be forgiveness for the short length. It has been a hectic weekend. Also, please forgive me for any holes in my knowledge of the Knights.

Aven hesitated before lowered the bow, relaxing the string. He eyed the wolf, just sitting there. With the Knight's attention on the lady and the wolf, Aven chose not to interrupt with his own identification. There was a pretty lady who got caught in a trap, a mysterious wolf that understood Common, and a mage-knight. How could a simple squire compete? Clearly, he was the most uninteresting of the quartet. It was like asking whether water tasted better than wine, beer or mead.

Wait, if there was a Knight here, then should he go back to his post? That wretched Frownie was probably trying to escape and nip at the travelers. But then, was he supposed to report to Ser Andresciel before taking his leave?

So, without a decision, Aven waited for the Knight to figure out what happened next. That was, after all, why he was a Squire and that man was a Knight. Just in case, he kept a look out for anything else that might be unfriendly.
Aven
Player

Words: 5131
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2012, 1:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Lynes on August 21st, 2012, 7:52 pm

As Lynes watched each of the three beings took in his presence, but only one spoke to him. This one, the one that he had initially followed, requested that if the wolf was wild then would it please not eat them. Also saying that if it was Kelvic that he should do something to show such.

Lynes stood, approaching the three of them, slowly, with caution. Eyeballing each as he progressed, cautious in case one decided to strike out at him. If they did then he would have no choice, but to defend himself and then morph. Perhaps he would morph anyway, once he confirmed that none of them would harm him if he showed his human form.

He looked at the woman first, she seemed to be a hunter, although evidently not a very good one if she could get caught in her own trap. She had blazing red hair, labeling her as one of the people from the mountain, although he lacked the knowledge to place a name to the race. Her eyes were a greyish blue. Her body, covered in tattoos, each section of flesh had some form of ink on it, picturing birds of all varieties.

Second to meet his gaze was the one he had followed here, the knight, although his use of what appeared to be magic labeled him as something else, or at least a type of knight Lynes was not familiar with. He was a taller man, his hair was a lighter shade of blonde his eyes, a piercing blue. This man wore a vest over another shirt and dark pants. The clothes must have been utterly terrible to wear. It must be impossibly hot underneath all of those layers.

The last was what appeared to be a squire, who was obviously nervous. As if the upper class knight was going to reprimand him for something he had done. This man had short brown hair and green eyes. He was rather off from the group of two and it was more difficult to make out the features of his face from here.

Lynes walked in between The Knight and The Woman, and looked up at each respectively. Maybe that was a sign enough.
My character sheet - http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic23744.html

A link to my real introduction. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic24150.html

"Life is a puzzle, but the pieces never fit in place, you must mold them as your own." -Z

^^^That's me. ;)
Lynes
The Wild One

Words: 31178
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2012, 6:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aven on August 24th, 2012, 1:44 am

He hoped the Knight knew what he was doing. He hoped that there was a point to all of this. But Aven couldn't put much trust in hope when he had a rather large wolf approaching the group. He put more tension in the bow, bringing the arrow up slightly to signal his wariness to the wolf. If it was a Kelvic, it ought to be smart enough to realize the intent. If it was a wolf looking for a meal, Aven was one step closer to being able to defend himself.

Since the maid and the Knight were closer to the wolf, Aven had the time he needed to raise the bow, draw it back and release. Gods willing, he would even have time for a second draw. A single arrow probably wouldn't stop the attacking lupine, if it even hit. Aven knew he was decent with a bow but didn't trust himself to be able to hit first time every time. He was also assuming that, in the event of an attack, the maid was useless and the Knight couldn't react in time. He had never seen a Mage Knight in action so he worked on the assumption that their abilities lay more in the arcane than the sword.

Ser Andresciel, I really really hope you know what you're doing.
Aven
Player

Character sheet

Postby Andresciel on August 24th, 2012, 4:27 pm

The Mage Knight watched the Squire, bringing his hand up as he waved off the bow. "If my magic couldn't do it, your bow couldn't help." He stated as he looks down at Lynes, "Well well. Good Eve, Master Kelvic." The Knight stated, his words echoing in the forest as he chuckled. "I suppose you can understand us and that I will allow no harm to befall you so long as you do no harm upon the rest of us." His voice was soft as he glanced back at Qist, blue eyes sparkling with a seeming joy. He shook his head, "Ain't this just entertaining." He muttered before placing his back to a tree, and whispering to a little ball of smoke that followed him around. "See. I told you this day would be fun. And you said it was going to be boring."
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Words: 90070
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 3:07 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Qist Tiere on August 31st, 2012, 5:03 am

Qist smiled. Though she had already assumed the position that the fourth wheel here was a Kelvic, it was still gratifying for it to be confirmed. Though, if asked, the redhead would claim that she did not need others to provide such a pleasure to her. No, no...this femme considered herself independant. How true this matter was, however, was a whole other topic.

Raising her right hand, Qi turned her fingertips up so her palm ran parallel to the dark creature before her. She had never felt a fur Kelvic, and she wondered what it might feel like. Was their fur rough, course? Or, rather, would it be smooth and silky? The possibilities were endless, really. In fact, with the lack of knowledge she held of these creatures, this brute could have hair that was poisonous and stung to the touch. "May I?" Why ask; you know you're going to do it anyhow. She nodded to the side as if to respond offhandedly to the voice within her head. Though she knew it was right, she wouldn't give it the grace of a response; she wouldn't concede to its words while this close to a group of strangers. It would prove her to be odd, and oddities were often seen as weaknesses. As of late, she had yet to see anything that really proved to her that she could let such 'weaknesses' show in front of this company.

Thoughts
"The voice"
Common
Nari

Qist Tiere
Funny, I don't remember being melancholic.

Words: 33415
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aven on September 15th, 2012, 2:51 am

The maid and the Knight were quick to trust. Too quick, in Aven's opinion. But what could he do? A lowly squire had to obey his superiors, in rank. Aven had never dealt with Kelvic before but as far as he knew, they were just as dangerous, if not more so, than regular animals. Kelvic were shapeshifters, beasts who could turn in humans, speak in Common and think like children. That made them dangerous to Aven's mind. Anything which viewed the world from a child's eye would have motives unimaginable to an adult. What if it thought gaining their trust, getting close to them and then ripping out their throats was just a game?

Aven kept his bow taught, the arrow nocked. No matter what Ser Andresciel might say about it, Aven felt more comfortable seeing and feeling the bow. It meant that he, at least, could have a tiny influence if it came to a fight. Better to try and die in the attempt than to simply hide behind the Knight and roll over to die. This was, after all, the Bronze Woods and nothing was safe here. That was the very reason why the Knights patrolled these woods.

"Might I remind the Lord and Lady that we are still in the Bronze Woods? Caution should be our watchword, Ser Andresciel. Should we not head towards the road and its comparative safety before we continue this... meeting?" Part of his duty, as a Squire, was to look out for the best interests of the Knights. Staying here was hardly in anyone, excepting the Kelvic's interest. It only increased the danger. Four beings in one location? If he were a predator, this would be too good of an opportunity to pass up. Ser Andresciel could protect himself but could his magicks protect them all from multiple opponents? Aven was not counting on the lady who seemed to be of the kind who thought herself competent, right until she stepped into her trap. As for himself, he had no illusions. His job was to guard road travelers, not patrol the forest. If something were to emerge from the forest onto the road, he was supposed to assess it. If he could take it down, he should do so. If he could not, then his duty was to ride back and alert the more capable Knights who would organize a hunt.
Aven
Player

Character sheet

Previous