Location [Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

Postby Templar on July 30th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Jonathon:

Dominic didn’t appreciate the nature of the boy. He gave the boy a hard stare and then turned to one of the less frequented isles and rummaged through the things. The old odd man stopped. He knew it had to be there and if it wasn’t there, he must have sold it earlier.

”I have many things, but few suited for hunting.” The old man said. ”Those books are all I have for the moment. The book with hunting the fairer sex and how to hunt with animals, cost 25 GM each, the last, costs 35 GM.”

Eanos:

”75 GM for the large tome.” He said. Holding up the rarer tome that Vicari had spoken. ”40GM for the other one.” Neither could be considered cheap.

Elmoch:

Somewhere close to the obnoxiously loud customer, a grumpy man coughed and made his appearance known.

”Not if you know what you’re looking for.”

Devlin:

He could almost instinctively tell someone was messing up his finely organized shop. Someone had moved something around and before the customer spoke, he came out from the back room and looked for the perpatrator. He saw the books had been moved. But hardly so, yet he still moved past the redhead and pushed the books back to their original position.

”Yes yes, what can I do for you.” He said with little patience.

Flick:

Rocking back and forth on a chair that appeared just as old as he. It was a relaxing day with few pesky customers. But once someone opened the door, he knew the calm had been broken. But when it was a female voice that called out, he was a bit more interested. He responded with a simple hello when the voice called again. When the delicate creature stepped into view the old man took a good gander at the young woman and a smile appeared on his old wrinkled face.

”Yes, I am. What can I help a young Kelvic with?”

Eeyeeste:

The old man looked at the clearly undead creature.

”Why should I hire you?” He asked proffesionally.

oocMy apologies for my lateness.
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Bob Barton on January 16th, 2012, 1:59 am

10th day of Winter 511 AV

This was all so nostalgic. First it was Zeltiva and that was home. The first thing that Bob did there was go straight to a shop full of curiosities and try and get himself something. Now what did he do when he came to Syliras? Same thing. Alright maybe the order was a little bit different and he went to the shop he always admired things at but there was more things that he would do in Syliras than in Zeltiva. As soon as Bob entered the store he saw that it is "still an unwelcoming mess as always..." A mess full of disappointments when he was still a youth trying to make ends meet in Syliras and wasting his hard earned mizas on items that gave empty promises of a better life unless it was one of those dirty books which would only be a treasure to the immature. That was a long time ago. He was now a lot more smarter and he was going to ask for something that he could actually use.

Unlike other normal stores there was no way that Bob could browse on his own to find what he would actually want. Instead he went straight to the counter where the dirty old man should be. "Hello? I have an undeniable interest here. In the old days that would mean one of those fantastic books to satisfy his hormones but today was something completely different because "I can't be here long since I will be making a trip to Alvadas" he announced. A negligible statement if it was not so relevant because "do you have anything good about the place for me?" Someone already told him some things about the Alvadas of Ionu, about its twisted nature and misleading personality. Maps, books, information or anything else he could use in preparation or gain from about the city, its contents or the god which looked over it would be helpful enough for Bob to get with a wide grin on his face.
Last edited by Bob Barton on January 17th, 2012, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Etrius on January 17th, 2012, 4:34 am

18th of Winter 511AV

"Uh... Hello?" Etrius stepped gingerly into the store. There was so much dust that Etrius thought he might create a storm if he walked too fast. Even treading as carefully as he could, he still created small clouds of dust around his feet. Huh. Where is everyone? The man who told him where the store was had said that the owner could be hard to find, but Etrius couldn't find anyone. He decided to speak out and see if anyone could hear him, but kept the volume of his voice low. More out of nervousness than anything else. "I'm looking for a book on artifacts. Namely magic pre-Valterran weapons." Namely one in particular. He decided to keep that thought to himself and listened for an answer to his request.

"When given two choices, always choose the harder path."
Etrius
Mercenary of Good Deeds

Words: 52307
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2011, 3:54 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Eanos on August 20th, 2012, 8:12 am

The unspoken words hung in the air between them and the Isur controlled his expression as well as he could in order not to wince since they were not cheap. And yet the price was not unexpected and neither would he stint in the paying of it. Was this not after all the reason why he had made the long trek away from kin and clan? Endured hardships and faced death en route? He stiffened his spine and did not deign to bargain and instead nodded. The chances were that there was nothing new in these books, but who could tell except by reading them? Much had been lost, and perhaps here a would be a fragment of knowledge unknown to the Isur.

"Very well, I will take them."

He handed over the coin, though his reluctance in handing over was perhaps more for the loss of the metal than anything else, and carefully took the tomes.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Crypt on September 30th, 2012, 9:03 am

29th of Fall, 512 AV

Crypt stepped into the dusty little shop, taking care not to disturb anything. He had heard that the proprietor was rather... unusual.

Walking through the bookstore (of sorts), creating clouds of dust with every step, he gazed at the sheer number and variety of objects and items to be found. He took off his carved mask to take a better look at a faintly glowing globe depicting a (apparently) fictitious world covered by strange marks and symbols that made little sense. And it was then he saw the old man rocking back and forth on an old rocking chair, apparently taking an afternoon kip.

Not knowing where to find the desired tomes and items, he approached the elderly man.

“Excuse me... Excuse me, sir?”

He woke up with a start, shaking his head, blinking his eyes for a few seconds before he focused on Crypt.

“I am looking for books holding any information or lore on the Flux and Auristics. I am also searching for any artifacts or items that can help me improve in the usage of these disciplines, or help enhance my ability in them. Also, if you have anything that can help me improve my physical strength, stamina or agility, I would be very grateful.”

Crypt waited for the old man to reply.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Accolade on October 21st, 2012, 12:49 am

The old codger glanced up at the man, taking a tick to wipe at his wrinkled face before standing up to speak with him. " Oooh, you're into some heavy magic there friend. Nothing to be taken lightly. All right then..I'll give you books on Flux and Auristics for 30 gm each. If you're satisfied with that arrangement I will see what else I can find for you?"

OOCI'm sorry for the late reply.
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Crypt on October 21st, 2012, 1:32 am

OOCNo problem :)

Crypt pondered the offer for a few moments, checking his leather pouch to see if he had enough money to cover the costs. He had.

“I have an... interest in these areas. Thankfully, I'm not attempting any of the more... exotic Magics.” Crypt spoke slowly and smoothly.

He took each gold-rimmed miza out of the pouch slowly, making ten piles of six coins.

Crypt continued in the same tone of voice.

“I guess that's about as reasonable as the price can get. Pray tell me, what are these items you speak of?”

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Accolade on October 21st, 2012, 2:07 am

He nodded, offering the man a wrinkled smirk before turning away to search underneath his desk. It took him a few ticks, and he seemed to mumble to himself the whole time, and then finally he returned to face his eager customer. "Ah, yes.. here we are." He said louder while showing the young man the two books he held in his hands. "I can give you this book on Meditation for 25 GM, it will help with your Auristics training. And a book on body building to help with your Flux training for 20 GM.. If you'd be interested hmm?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Crypt on October 21st, 2012, 2:14 am

“Hmmm... I'll take it, but can I have all of them for 100 Gold mizas? So that it'll be a nice and tidy number.”

Crypt started taking out more gold mizas from his pouch.

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Accolade on October 21st, 2012, 2:20 am

He nodded again as he looked to the man, before folding his arms into his chest. "Fair enough."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext