Location [Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

Postby John Vicari on September 30th, 2010, 3:02 am

Sahsvin Isilla

The smile on his face faded quickly as she glared at him and moved near him. She clearly was done with the haggling game as he put the book in a pile of other books before picking up another book yet the binding was more damage and the pages inside were not as a clean cut with reading with ink spots and small rips. The book could had fallen apart if it was roughly used.

"Let me give you a lesson. This is the same type of book yet it worth less yet the danger of you messing up is higher as the pages are rougher. What that means is while you could learn the same thing you could learn something wrong and make a mistake with a sign as you failed to understand something due to a mistake in the book from time. If you want to pay 25 miza then fine or you can spend the 35 and have little to no risk. Yet it is your life in the end of things. So which will it be?"

His voice held a icy tone as he let his tongue click along the roof of his mouth. Clearly he was not happy with her outbust yet was not backing down from her for in the end she was a guest in the shop and he could kick her out for good if she did anything that was stupid.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 30th, 2010, 7:08 am

Isilla looked at the shopkeeper, she was feeling pretty guilty for doing that to the shopkeeper, as it was his job to try and get the highest price. She was also embarrassed that she had acted this way in public, and was glad no one else was in the store. "Sorry." she said " I haven't been having a very good day today, so I guess I accidently just let all that pent-up anger and frustration onto you." she took out her purse, taking out 40 gold mizas. " Here, take it all, keep the extra five, treat them like the material form of my apologies. Thank you for your help.". She took the book from the shopkeepers hands and then left the store, the Miza's on the shopkeepers desk behind her.

OOCDeducted 40 Gold miza's, you can take the extra five I guess.. My character does that sometimes.. :)
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Words: 12725
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 9:57 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby John Vicari on October 1st, 2010, 1:53 pm

Sahsvin Isilla

With that he just put all of the gold into the small area they kept under the counter as he wrote a small note for his boss. He would see when he did the accounting that John had a bad day if a book was that high but in the end it all that counted that John was earning the shop money.

He had to wonder if she would ever come back in the end as he went back to his normal work for the day. He almost lost his sense of self to use magic upon her but he did not know the type of magic she knew or even if she knew magic in the end of things.

ooc:

Please take away 40 gold Miza and add a Glyphing book. The book will teach you everything you need to know that a Novice will learn from What Glyphing is and is not, Glyphs and Sigils, building blocks, how to draw them and simple applications.
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Eanos on October 1st, 2010, 2:41 pm

Fall 30, 510 AV

It had been a long day in the forge, or rather it had been a long night since that was when Eanos preferred to work since it was quieter and he didn't have to endure the presence of the other smiths. The quiet and the dark were things which were easy for him but now the day was advancing he had taken it upon himself to get out into the city and to find what could be found.

This shop was one he'd passed on several occasions before when he'd been exploring but this would be the first time that he entered. It was not so long since his recent foray into magecraft had ended in disaster and it was not so impossible he judged that this place might have something related to it.

Once inside he quickly realised that it would be quickest if he simply asked for what he wanted, so once he had the attention of the shop keeper he gave him a nod.

"I was looking for books and artifacts related to magecraft and I wondered if you might have anything like that," he asked bluntly.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby John Vicari on October 1st, 2010, 6:09 pm

Eanos

John looked up from yet another book as he saw the Isur enter the shop. He had to question if the isur knew of the shop but did not ask as he asked the question but deep down John had to sigh.

"We have a few yet that topic is not cheap. What kind of books are you looking for and what artifacts? Really should be more detailed with that so you can get what you are looking for Mr." John said with a smile as he closed the book moving it in a pile of other books on the counter.

He was not sure what he was looking for. It could have been books to learn it, books that study it, books that talk about it in history or myths and lore. The artifacts made the list even longer as he waited for the Isur to speak. John was unsure if he saw him around the city or not but did not know due to he spent most of his time inside the shop.
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Eanos on October 1st, 2010, 6:53 pm

It was the sort of answer which made Eanos wish he could just reach over and give the man a slap. By what rights did the arrogant human assume that Eanos had no coin with which to buy? There were many ways that he could have chosen to answer and he chose the one which was perhaps calculated to annoy the customer. Having spent time on the other side of the counter Eanos knew some of the tricks and it was clear that this place considered itself better than the customers.

He sighed to himself, knowing now how the bargaining would go.

"I have a broad interest in magecraft. I was taught the subject a very long way away from here and I am interested to know how the craft differs here. It would seem that you have more items than I expected to find, which impresses me. Let us start then with just the books, and I suppose that I should be methodical and first review the introductory texts you might have."

There was no reason to allow this human to know that Eanos actually had a limited knowledge of the craft, so he attempted to remain composed and unruffled.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby John Vicari on October 1st, 2010, 7:32 pm

Eanos

John was not really being rude or at least he thought so as he walked around the counter, his fingers sliding down a pile of dust filled books before pulling a rather large one out from the bottom of the pile. His hand moving in his pocket pulling a white cloth out wiping the cover down placing it on the counter before moving about once more pulling yet another book from another pile clearly knowing where the items were placed in the mess filled shop.

"Would you like books from before or after Valterrian? The craft is not used often theses days or at least not as wide spread like the history tells us." He said as he placed the second book down on the counter before turning to the Isur.

"This one." John held the second smaller tome. "Will go over the basic information one will learn. Goes over the Principles of Magecraft with hand made tables and information. Does not go over Catalysts or Regents so is safe for any students you wish to give it to. Also goes over the items needed and used in a basic workshop."

He said as he placed it down before picking up the larger tome. "This one is more of the rare types of books. Goes over the same things in the other books but also talks of Catalysts and Regents. Was able to get this one not that long ago but are not for students in most cases as only teachers would want it to keep for their stash. Much higher in cost yet worth it in the longer run if you prefer books over hands on."

John spoke with a soft tone of voice yet frim as he was now in more salesman role as he knew more information what the person wanted and books was something John knew. "Would you like to look at theses or would you want to look at more books?"
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Eanos on October 2nd, 2010, 9:05 am

As he watched the shopkeeper move around the store, Eanos revised his initial estimation a little for clearly the man knew his stock, which was something of a miracle in a place so cluttered with relatively unique items.

He watched the books being placed on the counter and listened to the descriptions. It was almost inconceivable to him that the man not only knew the contents of the shop but could talk knowledgeably about the contents.

His fingers lingered on the covers of the two almost as though he regretted not buying the two of them and yet it was clear to him that there was no point in doing that.

"I currently have no plans for students," he replied and indeed as an Isur he had yet plenty of time before he had need to think of such things. It was a fair point though because sooner or later he would find it easier to have someone helping him with the menial tasks. "And I have no intention of them learning from a book. If a student apprentices to me then I would expect him to learn all he needs from me, but that is of no importance to this."

He gently lifted the more basic book and put it back towards the shopkeeper then made a quick review of the other. "This is very much what I was looking for as an overall review." He hadn't yet answered the first question that had been asked.

"Do you have anything else from before the Valterrian? Or any artifacts from that period? I'm not interested in items produced by the craft but I'm interested if you have anything used by the magecrafters." He didn't as yet talk price for he wanted to see what they had first. Then he could decided it he wanted to pay for it.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Dlight on February 22nd, 2011, 12:04 am

Winter 31st, 510 AV

Dlight entered into the store not sure what to find. He intended on keeping his entrance quiet, however when he stepped inside and took a quiet breath in, more dust went into his throat than he'd ever anticipated. Who kept their own store so filthy and covered with dust? His pale arms crossed across his chest as he coughed, the door not even fully closed yet as he tried to cover his mouth and nose. It was good thing he hadn't brought his violin with him, Dlight didn't want it in such a unkempt place.

The door seemed to swing shut of it's own accord, and the Ethaefel opened his purple eyes that appeared a dim indigo in the lack of light. Syna had fallen, changing him from his past Zith form into a usually elegant, black-horned creature with opalescent skin and long, silver hair that fell to his hips. Before Dlight retired to practice his newly crafted instrument, he first wanted a book on said instrument, finding that the Akvatari's journal for once didn't answer his questions. "Excuse me," He wheezed out, straightening out his slumped form. There appeared to be no one at the desk.
Dlight
Your blight is my delight

Words: 51893
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 5:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Jonathon DuFraine on February 22nd, 2011, 9:06 am

22 Winter 510 AV

Jonathon stood before the curious little shop, squirreled away in the walls of Syliras. Jonathon had never seen it before, but he had never investigated this part of the city before, either. The sign read Undeniable Interests, a strange name to be sure. Interest piqued, Jonathon stepped inside.

The room was full to bursting with interesting junk. Papers, books, and other, less definable things were crammed and piled about. Jonathon put a hand to his money pouch; he had decided to just shop and socialize today, and had brought his mizas in advance. Jonathon began inspecting the merchandise, or what he figured was the merchandise; it was a bit hard to tell with the mess around.

Jonathon had yet to notice the shopkeeper, is he was anywhere nearby, anyways. Jonathon was absorbed in browsing. He picked up a book from a messy counter, inspecting the cover and title.
Jonathon DuFraine
Vigilant Hunter

Words: 71575
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 7:35 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

PreviousNext