[The Great Library] Reading amongst the Dead(Rayage)

Thomas meets one of the more influential members of Sahova

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Vick on November 11th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Time. Time meant nothing to the Nuit race within the walls of Sahova. The passing of the sun and moon meant so very little to the timeless race that Vick even forgot what the passing of the days felt when was human. Now he held no such thing of worry on the days of when fishing was best or when the crops had to be taken in.

This was just the same as always as he stood in his work area washing a human bone which was the left humerus. The humerus was the bone on the upper arm by the shoulder to the forearm. This human he knew was a rather skilled fighting by unarmed means and not a mage of any sort. They had focused on fighting with the hands and speed which Vick had wanted for the new project.

He had this bone, the right right humerus, the right and left radius which was the outside bone of the forearm, the left and right femur bones which were the bones above the knee along with the skull. An almost perfect set which took so much power to get in terms of the island rank. It was an project he was calling “001 Warnuit” which would take a bit of time but the idea of the project was to harness the power of Nuits to have more speed and fighting terms in combat.

He had let the bones soak for the past two days to be softer and easier to work with. The other set of bones were in barrels of water inside his lab waiting to be use by him. He had taken a single simple quill with black ink and slowly with so much care drawing the circles inside the bone. Circles were such a large deal in his magic but he knew that was like any other world magic.

Three large circles were done inside the bone. Within the three circles he drew another smaller set and a third smaller set of circles within them once the ink had dried more. This was a template so he had a visual aid for him when he would take his tools to carve into the bone to make the symbols last longer. Really if he was in a hurry he would just use the ink and be done with it but he wanted this to last. The power would be broken if the circles were broken so when they were indent into the bone itself it would mean they would last so much longer since paint itself could chip and break with time.

The inner circle held enough space for words as Vick slowly wrote out the words he wanted. He could have drawn images or really done anything as long as his intent was strong. When he first started he had no idea what that meant but after so many years he understood at last just what resolve and intent really meant. It was something inside him that grew in time that he became so aware of. Really he was almost to the point he felt like he could just draw lines and let his intent rule over the item.

The words were “Strength” “Speed” “Power” within the three circles in the line. His intent only told the story within the words as his auristics flared to life as he focused along the symbols he made and the bone itself. He saw the djed the person held in life and while they were not a mage by any means they were still not to be taken lightly.

He let the ink dry once more as he took his carving tools that were laid near him and took an pick, a long metal thin rod that held an sharp edge along that was used for carving small fine details into things. He was about to set to work until he heard a knock at his door.

That annoyed him. So much as his undead eyes turned from his work and looked upon the door. Few people would knock and bother him but for all he knew it could have been a pluser sent to get his items to sell or give him more items. All around his office bones laid in neat order but a good deal held different symbols along them. It would not take anyone smart to understand they held power. Power that only few could dream of or even hold nightmares about.

“Enter.”

The word was not in common but in Nader-Canoch. If they did not understand the word than they were really just wasting his time but he did not go back to work. His eyes were glued on the door as he stood on an simple stepping box as he was working on a much higher table built into the wall.

No one question the childs height or size for Vick always held the body of an nuit if he could. Only a few times he did not but the island made sure to do what they could for him due to his rank. His black hair was pushed back, his simple tunic and pants were muted colors and even his brown leather shoes told a story of how poorly dressed he was. If he was roaming the halls a lot of times new people would think he was a slave or a pet lapdog but really that was just to spin a tale of lies. The wizards knew who he was. Knew what he was.

Nothing in Sahova was what it seemed. Vick was the poster child of that saying.

Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Rayage on November 11th, 2012, 11:32 pm

The nuit did not have to wait long before he heard a muffled word though the door. It sounded unlike common. Thank the gods the master spoke Nadar-Canoch, maybe now the human might notice just how outclassed he really was. Gripping the door, he opened it, but before he would go through the portal the alchemist looked at the human behind him. He grabbed for him, trying to usher him in, before the nuit walked in himself, ”Master Vick.” he said, greeting him, ”I’ve received your letter. It’s why we are here.” he said in Nadar-canoch, ”I am the Alchemist Master Rayage.” he introduced himself, but didn’t bother to introduce the boy with him, ”I have brought gifts.” he smiled, clasping his hands together in front of him almost like he was praying.

”Don’t touch anything, human.” he told the boy in common before switching to Nadar-canoch again.

Dropping his arms to his side, ”So, you must know that I am interested in the study of living things; that includes Humans.” he said gesturing over to Thomas, ”I have brought this boy to you out of curiosity.” he said, ”Forgive me my ignorance of your discipline, but you work with…” the nuit looked around the others lab, it was obvious now what he worked with, ”Bones.” he told him, ”This human has bones.” he mentioned with a grin, again clasping his hands together as if he was amused with the thoughts going through his heads, ”And I was wondering if you would be so kind as to satisfy my curiosity.” he said hinting at what he meant before he became very blunt, ”Preform your discipline on this human, still living.” he offered, ”That is my gift to you.”

”However, I understand if you are… preoccupied.” he nodded to all his works, ”We can come back at a more convenient time.” he pressed the issue that he would like to see this come to reality even if the master didn’t have time to do so right now. Though he silently hoped his offer would be so alluring that Vick might consider doing it right now. There only was hope.

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 12th, 2012, 1:09 am

Thomas quickly entered the small workroom after the Nuit, refusing to be left unattended outside. Sahova was Sahova after all -- any number of dangerous experiments would be wondering the halls of the lower floors, and Thomas wasn't eager to meet any of them.

The workroom was small, it's sole occupant a small child. Had Thomas only just arrived arrived to the undead isle, Vick might have been seen as just a displaced human child -- but unfortunately, Thomas had spent too much time on Sahova to miss the obvious signs of a Nuit. Thomas had originally been disgusted to the point of anger by the Nuit who would take children's bodies as host, but now he knew better. To the Nuit, any available body could be used.

His own included.

"I am not a slave, I am unable to be bought and released," Thomas hissed at the larger of the two Nuits in clumsy Nader-canoch. He was not about to be taken for a fool or for some kind of experiment. "It is unfortunate," the young animator continued in Nader-canoch, slowly forming each word, the language obviously foreign to the young man's lips. "that Master Rayage gave you an idea that I would be useful, because I cannot be."

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Vick on November 12th, 2012, 4:46 am

Vick did not say anything as they spoke. First Master Rayage than the human. The name already left Vicks mind as he moved back to his work. The tip of the pick moving along the first left outer circle with great care.

“Greetings Master Rayage. Welcome to my lab. I would greet you in warmer light but well as humans say the storm is coming. I do have a lot of work yet I can be done faster if you or your pusler would like to help. When I am done with this than I can sit down and talk to you about your test rat.”

His words held no emotion as he kept in his fluent non common tongue. This was not him being rude but being busy and being a normal nuit. His pick ran along the circle two more times as he made an soft indent into the bone before working on the middle circle.

“Tell me Master Rayage, Why do you think this boy has what it takes?”

That single question held so much worth in Vicks eyes. Even if the boy was unskilled in everything, Vick, Could still do something with it. But if the boy was skilled than it would mean so much more. However Vick had no real reason since he did not even know the two. He heard about Rayage and he was a much older Nuit who was already a Master in a field Vick had no skill in but knowing due to books.

The middle circle was done with the same care before Vick started on the third circle. Over the years he had found ways to move faster with carving but he still was far from an expert in the field since he just had one narrow focus which was bones.

“The storm. It’s coming. My home. My home is going to be in danger. This does not make me happy. No...Far from it. I need to make something better than “Enduring”. Something far more better.”

What he was referring to he knew neither of them would understand. If Rayage was in the island years ago he would have heard of it but now he would not have for it was one of Vicks more dangerous forms of artifacts which was held in the vault within the island. It was a large weapon depending how it was to be used but Vick had to make something better.

“This is 001 Project Warnuit. An almost perfect body came to me that was a skilled fighter. I need to finish it and test it. It can help someone fight. That is the goal at least. I need to work faster you see. Carving into bone takes time. I could paint or draw but I need the symbols to last. I am sure you understand Master Rayage. I am sure you understand so very much. Such a shame really.”

He just kept talking on and off as he went back to work once more. His eyes not leaving his work as he showed his passion with his actions. He could tell them what each and every item in his office and lab meant and what it could do. He was already working on the first word in the left circle. He was moving faster than when he first started but he knew this could still take him a good deal of time.

“You know as a child I once wished for the power to mold things. I would mold them into something softer than get done so much sooner so I could play with her. Even if she was so very busy running the island she was always willing to listen. Always willing to at least pretend to listen I should say but she left a few years ago. I stayed out of it you know. I did not want to leave my work or fight her.”

If he held emotion in his words he would have sounded so very sad. So very lost in his thoughts as he worked on the second set of circles. Time had already passed since the two new guest had came in but Vick once again lost track of it as he forgot about them standing and watching him. Maybe Rayage would understand how the passage of time was with Nuits for of all the people in the room he would have felt it one way or another.

“The sky flew so high as the moon kissed the child of the rocks. It was said that she did not stir with the kiss and fearing the worst the moon had left. Soon after he had left the child of the rocks burst into bright light and rose in the sky searching for the moon. Always searching as the other weeps but now and then they meet in the sky.” Foolish humans told me that story so long ago you know. So long ago. They did not hold faith in the gods or what they meant you see so they made their own tales but that was a tale for me to keep good. To keep me within the bounds of what they deem normal.”

Vick said softly almost above a whisper as he looked at the bone. Was it the truth or a lie? It could just have been insight to his insanity as Vick smiled once more as he worked on the third final set of circles and words for anyone knew.

“I have given so much. Yet I need to give so much more like everyone else. Maybe this storm will change how people view things. Maybe they will work better and faster. Maybe they will wake up from this dream.”

Time had passed like always even if the old Nuit never felt it. He was not sure if the two would stay or leave. He did not know if they understood what he was doing or what it meant for him. After he craved the third word inside the bone he looked up and laughed as he saw the two still in the room. The laugh was so very childlike yet it held an undertone of something far more darker and twisted as he clapped his little hands looking at them never blinking. Not even once.

“Does your human want to test this power out?” Vick said in common for the little boy to hear. “I just need to turn it on so to speak and he can use it.”

It was a test. A test that meant so many things but how one would view that test was something different. Just what answer was the young Master seeking? He did not say or even give hints as he waited. Waited for the answer from either of them.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Rayage on November 12th, 2012, 7:04 am

Unlike Vick, Rayage acknowledged Thomas, and laughed. Was it because of his less than perfect ancient tongue or was it something else that amused him? ”You are no slave.” he said speaking to him in common, ”You are here of your free will.” he said nodding, ”Helping us out with a little project or two.” he told him, ”You are here because you want to be. You want to erase your increment against me, and I will forget all about it. That was the deal, was it not?” he asked, ”Oh no, you are much more useful than any slave, I assure you. You should put more worth in yourself.” He grinned, the very words sounding somehow contradicting coming from the nuit who just told him, in the library, how worthless he was because he practiced Animation.

With his swift input after the human talked, he heard Vick address him. Nodding, but he stayed quiet as the other talked. The storm was coming, and it was coming all too fast. He was glad to see that the nuits were not taking this threat lightly. Only fools would underestimate the strength of men, and overestimate their own power. Though there seems to be plenty of fools in this world… the nuits mind drifted to the knight who had challenged him some time ago, Imass. Swinging his sword around like some tyrant, the nuit had made sure that the blue one knew that he wasn’t to be controlled or bossed around. No, nothing of the sort from one of the greatest alchemists in all of Mizahar for that would be unspeakable against the nuit himself.

The Alchemist carefully looked over the lab, the temptation to pick something up was almost irresistible, but he quelled it by watching the other nuit work, stepping over by him peeking over the shoulder. There was such care taken in the shaping and chipping away of bone. It seemed very time consuming. Though, his own art was time consuming in its own right it wasn’t to this level unless he was to undertake something truly bold. Ray heard the first question asked of him, but he didn’t answer it taking it more of a trivial pursuit to the question. Why should he be questioned on his choice of person? True, the boy was nothing special probably just off the ship, but the first steps in any progression was hardly anything special. Just like how H1-A is going to be compared to his homunculus. The end product will be much greater than the prototype. That was for sure a proven law of the universe.

Ray silently agreed with the nuits ranting, being content to look on, ask no questions as he would hate for the master to make a mistake because of lack of concentration. The bone would surely be ruined. That would be a shame. Therefor he kept his silence and let the child nuit speak, listening to his every story, everything which he wished to share. Though something got him thinking. Perhaps it was Vicks childhood wish, the power to mold things. The alchemist smirked at that, thinking upon it. He had the power to mold things to be whatever he wanted them to be. Looking upon the bone, he began thinking of a way to get this done faster. The ability to make it softer… like clay. With that thought his mind went to Pycon, and he smiled, yes clay. That could work. He understood the nuits plight of projects that took just too long to complete. He understood how long they worked endlessly on one project. He understood what the other was going through, and he knew, through the power of Alchemy, that he could, perhaps, help this child-nuit.

”I hope this storm doesn’t change too much.” he said, feeling the need to interrupt the other, ”They won’t get too far. They are, after all, only mortal.” he said, but there wasn’t the usual confidence in his voice. He let silence fall again before Vick asked another question. Ray looked over to the boy he had brought, ”I am sure he will be more than honored to test that power for you.” he said shaking his head, agreeing and at the same time volunteering the human for a job that he might not quite want, ”What do you hope it will accomplish?” he asked looking at the bone which was just finished. Ray had lost track of the time he was standing there, after all he didn’t get tired, and in the lab it was hard to keep track of the time that passes by.

”Master Vick, I’ve been thinking of your plight, and I’d like to sympathize with you.” he said looking over the various bone carvings within the lab, he wondered silently how many hours were spent just preparing the bones to be carved. He had noticed some bones in water. He could only guess the purpose of that, but it had to be part of the process, ”What if I told you I can give you the power to mold these bones into anything you’d like, as easy as molding clay?” he asked Vick, ”But,” he held a finger up, ”What if I told you that after you were done modeling them, I can transmute the bone into something else entirely… something much longer lasting, and less fragile than,” he looked over the lab, ”old bones.” he said, ’I think we both know how fragile they can become. Maybe you’d like them to be, I don’t know,” the nuit shrugged, ”metal perhaps? Steel?” he asked. ”Alchemy is a very versatile art. If you allow me, we can take these bones to my lab and I can change them really quick.” he nodded.

The young master seemed interested, and so the nuit lead the way out, ordering the human to come along, but he could stay if he wanted. He did have free will after all, and if he came or not, well, that was his choice, both however will have pros and cons. After all, Thomas had to fulfill his end of the bargain or things might not turn out too great for him in the future. Ray knew that, and he knew that the boy knew that as well. Oh the games they play.

Rayage allowed Vick to grab the bones of his choice before heading out, leading the way to Lab 45-E. Down and down and down they went. Staircase after staircase, hall after hall, lab after lab they passed and no sign of stopping anytime soon. Rays lab was, after all, forty five levels underground. It was tucked away for a purpose. His magic was especially dangerous, and it would be best to isolate him and his power, for if an unfortunate accident occurred he could blow up quite a sizable portion of Sahova. The risk was great in a mess up, and Ray had experienced the pure destructive power of raw accelerated Djed before, as it once blasted a hole through his lab wall… long ago in Ravok.

After some time they arrived at Rays lab. The door looked like it was more to a vault than to a laboratory. A metal plaque identified it as Lab 45-E. The great towering metals doors however opened easier than anyone would have expected. Some magic had enchanted it or maybe it was just designed that way? Beyond the door would reveal Rays lab. ”Welcome to Lab 45-E” he said stepping in before inviting the others in. It was quite the sizable lab and it seemed to have a little of everything. Tables lined the walls filled with various odds and ends; at the very back of the lab would be a desk, disheveled with papers of all sorts. It was quite obvious that Ray too caught up in his research and various projects to care about the order of his desk. To one corner of the lab was a bunch of cages. Within was held two alchemically altered bears, Lilly and Martha, H1-A, and H2-A. They were obviously products of years of research and effort and creatures unseen anywhere else in the world simply because they didn’t exist anywhere else in the world. They were created by Ray and his Alchemy.

”The transmutation we will be doing is quite simple.” he said, going over to one of the tables and digging through it to find what he was looking for, ”Vick, if you would please place your first bone in the center of the circle.” he said offhandedly pointing to the circle which took up much of the room in the center of the lab. Finding what he was looking for he snatched it up and walked over to the circle himself, in his hands was clay. ”Alchemy is the art of the turning the mundane to the extraordinary. It’s very poetic really.” he said, taking out a dagger and pricking his finger, before placing it on the keystone. He spread the ichor upon the stone, paying the price to control the massive circle. It was quite evident that Ray was a master for a reason. The practiced way he concentrated on the circle, feeling it out, connecting and seeing which end was needed, which end was positive and the other negative, the fount and the filter. He felt it, the tug and pull of energy the cosmic give and take.

Noting which side was which, he quickly placed the clay in a fount slot. ”Did you care to assist?” he asked Vick, turning his dagger to him. If he wanted to he could prick his own finger, ”If you want, assume the place opposite mine.” he said pointing to the other keystone before assuming his place at the keystone which already had the ichor sacrifice on it. His ichor. His power. His control.

If Vick assumed the spot opposite the Alchemist, Ray began to explain, ”Do not resist the flow you feel. The energy is natural and is under your control once you pay the price.” he said, ”Go with it, and just feel the energy.” he said, ”Feel and accept, do not resist because that will be hindering my work. When I say so, you back away from the circle.”

With that brief instruction the nuit began channeling the circle. He willed the energy into motion. Pure concentration began as he felt the pleasure of power once more. Within the alchemy circle all energies danced to his tune, moved with his mind, regulated and controlled absolute by his years of preforming Alchemy. His command over the djed flux which was accelerating by every second passing was just about absolute, especially with a transmutation this easy, and with no filters to slow or block the passage of djed it got going rather quickly.

Spinning faster and faster and faster still, chimes ticked by as the alchemist worked his magic. He wanted the transmutation to be long lasting, which is why he didn’t bother to change the size of the circle, nor did he just let go of the reaction when he got it going at a decent speed. He wanted it to go faster, and faster even still. There was nothing stopping him, nothing to block or alter his judgment. No, he was free to do what he wished and this is what he wanted. He wanted to be of use to the Malediction mage for he wanted some objects of power himself. In Sahova one will learn that there is no such thing as good will, and nothing is ever fee. Sahova is serious business. Real serious business. It was the game that they all played.

The djed of the circle had long since started to crackle and fill the air with almost tangible power. If the human was in the room it might make the hair on the back of his neck stand up. The ring of energy was now visible flowing around the enormous circle and still accelerating. ”Vick, now.” he gave the signal for the mage to break his contact with the circle. The circle visible wavered as the Alchemist took his concentration off of controlling it to tell the command to Vick though he quickly regained control of it as he concentrated once more on the flow. Once he got the form back he pushed it a little more before it reached its climax. So much energy, so much power, all directed at the bone in the center. The nuit himself released his connection with the circle willing the energy towards the target. There would be a flash of light, and then the result.

Rayage walked towards the center of the circle and grabbed ahold of the bone. It was mushy and malleable just like the clay he used as a fount. Smiling, ”Success.” he proclaimed walking over to a barrel of water and submerging it into it. This would work to dispel any lingering djed that might cause poisoning and is quite damaging to both nuit and human alike. Taking the bone out of the water after a chime or two, he walked over and handed it over to Vick to inspect himself, ”Soft enough?” he asked.

OOCThomas I didnt move your PC because I didnt have your permission. I had permission to control Vick in this scene

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 12th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Embarrassment burned at the youth's pale face, red color staining his pale skin. Thomas shifted uncomfortably as the Nuit responded, unwillingly keeping eye contact -- he would not be made to look reproachful. As far as he was concerned, he had made the conscious choice to follow Rayage to the Nuit-child's workroom, although, deep down, Thomas knew there was really no other option should he wish to continue alive in Sahova.

"I would...be honored," Thomas muttered in Nader-Canoch, refusing to give either Nuit the satisfaction of him switching to the common tongue. He smiled inwardly, glad to take what little chance of rebellion he had on the undead isle. Thomas had to play submissive, he hated himself for it, but it was worth the end result. Power and prestige in Sahova, and the ear of some of the greatest magical researchers and practicioners in the history of a post Valterrian Mizahar.

Despite having spent the minimum 40 days in Sahova, along with Thomas' confidence in his own ability with the ancient tongue, most of the Nuit's conversation was lost on the young animator. A mixture of dialectal, rapid speech and harsh tones made it almost impossible for Thomas to understand -- only a few words made it to his comprehension.

"Some storm or other," Thomas thought to himself, idly looking around the workroom. The young animator smiled again at the thought of the two Nuit in a torrential downpour -- "Maybe they melt," he wondered dryly, eyes passing over bones and feathers. Finally deciding the Nuits were not talking to or about him, Thomas calmed himself -- forcing himself to breathe slowly and counted back from 5.

Breathe in.

Release.

Thomas stared intently at the various oddities in the workroom, willing himself to see more -- to truly understand what he saw. Djed slowly began to pour through the young wizard, the workroom being displayed in a completely different light. The bright, scarlet Thomas had learned to associate with world magic tainted the pearly white of the bones and overwhelmed some of the more colorful objects. The bitter, metallic taste of blood rolled over his tongue as his gazed drifted from object to object. The smell of yellow decay wafted from the two Nuits, the pungent odor of worry staining the air.

He briefly considered asking the Nuits exactly what kind of storm they were expecting -- he doubted whether any ordinary storm could ever threaten the Citadel.

Rayage crackled voice brought Thomas' mind back from wandering, and blinking his eyes, forcing the Djed to cut off. The young animator quickly followed the two Nuits, trailing behind them -- he wasn't about to draw more attention to himself then necessary. Slowly, the trio made their way down to the 45th floor -- stair after stair. The doors to Lab 45-E opened easier then they looked, giving Thomas the impression they had been altered by some magical means.

Thomas stopped the urge to oogle at the massive lab -- clearly, Rayage was someone important in Sahova, or at least he knew someone important. Either way, it just further proved Rayage's own importance to the young wizard.

Thomas watched carefully as the two Nuits started the Alchemy process, making sure to pay attention. He couldn't foresee himself going into Alchemy any time soon, but should the opportunity arise, Thomas wouldn't want to look the complete novice. Besides, any important observations might win him points with the old Nuit.

He watched as the power radiated from the circles, the Djed stream flowing faster and faster. Thomas heard Rayage shout something at the other Master, and the Djed stream slowed.

"That was...something," Thomas muttered, the sting of Djed still fresh on the youth's skin.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Vick on November 13th, 2012, 3:36 am

Vick did as he was told. He placed the first humerus within the circle as Rayage pointed and took his place on the other side. A quick slice of the dagger and his own inchor was placed upon the keystone so he could help. Thomas had lost more points inside Vick’s mind as he just stayed hidden near the side.

Vick had done a lot of research into different forms of magic; really he knew all the magic in the world in terms of bookwise but he never did them all hands on. This was the first time he ever had done Alchemy so it was new. Unknown to him besides the books and reports he read in the past but reading and doing was so different.

Vick never dreamed that he would be working beside a true master of the art. He did not even dream what it would feel like as the waves of djed passed through him. It was so alien to him, so different than what he worked with. Where he took the bones and forced the Djed with his will this took raw substance forcing it into something so different. Forcing the Djed to be molded into something else. Rayage told him not to fight what he felt. It would ruin or hinder his work if he did fight it but Vick was taken so back with what he felt.

At first he wanted to fight. It was a simple reaction really. Something so deep inside him that came so normal to fight it but he forced his self to understand. To let it flow within him and past him. It was almost choking him as he felt the power raise in the room. The form of energy he saw with his naked eye for he dare not to tap into his magic to see the djed. He almost felt lost within the power and his respect for Rayage grew with each passing second. Vick made a promise to himself during his work that he would befriend this mage. He felt like they could do so much for each other.

It was then that Rayage told Vick it was time. Without questioning he took a step back and almost had to keep his self standing up right. The power was still choking almost as he saw a flash of light or was it more than one flash of light? He was so unsure right now but then it was done. The circle slowly came to an end as Rayage he smiled taking the bone and placing it in water before handing it to him.

He was unsure what he meant by what Rayage had asked but he soon found out as Vick grabbed the bone. He was still thinking it was going to be hard but he was shocked when it felt like soft clay within his hands. It was than that he understood that he did recall the power of Alchemy how it could take traits from things and change others.

Rayae took the trait of softness from clay and forced that into the bone while removing the hardness. Yet Vick let his Auristics flare to life as he focused on the new bone and he saw the same djed as before. It was the same just softer besides a lingering small trace of djed from the work they had just done.

“Yes...This is perfect. I can mold this with my fingers alone now in a matter on chimes which would have taken me so many bells...” Vick said letting his words trail off as he grabbed his metal pick that he had stored in his belt. Vick would let Thomas and Rayage change the other bones while Vick focused his art upon the new bone. Since he was an Expert in his field the new traces of Djed would not hinder him. This would take a tad more work but it was going much faster than before in all his years.

His pick moved along the new bone with ease. The clay was so soft in his hands that his work was going by faster. Normally he would have the kept the bone as a normal shape but he had so many new options. So many more came to mind as he made the bone flatter and molded it along his own arm letting it act like a brace. He then just peeled it carefully away before he started his work. He rolled it and made it flatter like a tube of clay. It would be less mass but it would have to do to speed things up.

Circles lined the bone in a matter of chimes. While Vick would keep with a set of circles this time he had to show off. Rayage showed off with his field and now it was Vicks turn to prove his worth in front of the new Master.

He focused his resolve into his work. Each stroke of his tool told a story within the circles as he told a story within the Nader-Canoch language as he weaved a tale that told him of a great fighter pushing himself. Punching and dodging living in combat. Performing feats that would stand the test of time. Every inch of the new bone was covered in circles that told the tale in great detail.

This was his power. This was his name on the line as a Malediction mage within Sahova. He could not be beat by someone new that just showed up in the island. He would not be beat. He would put forth his best work and show why he earned his power within the island.

Vick would wait until Rayage had turned all the bones into this clay substance before he would talk to him. Once he knew they were done he would step forward.

“Master Rayage, Can you turn this into metal. Once you do I will use my own blood to active the power within it. I am going to use this as armour but since its now molded into my arm I will be the one to use it. However this means your aide won’t be able to use it that well. Yet if you are willing to agree I could turn any bone into any craftable object for your aide and also help you as a gift.”

Vick would let Thomas take the bone to help Rayage. He would not have to tell the kid to be careful for the symbols could not be changed. Vick had made each and every one with great detail set into his mind.

Once he had the rest of the set Vick just stayed by himself as he worked on the left leg and right leg bone. He had used his hands along the bones and molded the new clay along his own legs before working on the new set of circles still using all the words almost within the Nader-Canoch to weave his new tale. Speed. Focus. Just being two key traits as he focused on his work. With each passing second he told different things.

When worn they would help the user fight. They would take small amounts of djed and focus it within the single action of fighting in combat. To grant skill fighting even if the user did not know or understand how. How to move the legs to twist and turn while fighting, how to kick in placing the right type of power behind them and when to kick.

Once again every inch was covered and linked by the circles to draw forth the energy from within and keeping it in check. He made failsafes in a sense to stop fighting and remove the items when the host would deem it. Even in the arm bone he had made the same fail safe for he knew how theses items could work.

Even the arm bone he had already done he had redone to match the new as a new brace with the clay mold. He knew it was a lot of work but work that had to be done. He only hoped Rayage understood why Vick needed to do this and even hoped he would understand why he was using Rayage to speed things up. Vick was not like the other Nuits along the island for he knew he did not have much longer before the storm. Before so many things could and would change. Vick showed his fiery passion of his soul as he worked nonstop.

The skull he formed into an helmet along his skull with the eyes and sides open. While it would keep his back of his skull safe he knew the sides would be more in danger but he was not going to let the skull go to waste.

The skull was to grant him understanding and lore of how to fight. Grant the user the knowledge of how to act and fight. This was a keystone of his project. This was a Master task but he was not trying to grant anything but just a single branch which was within his power. Once more a safe fail was placed within the circles that told the tale of giving the host understanding and how to react but the safe fail trait was the same as the others. Being able to remove by the host anytime they had deemed. Yet within the skull he told a new tale on the side that would grant the instinct of what to do in middle of combat taking everything from fighting from the person that use to be alive. To fuel and give passion from his life into the user. Yet Vick knew this magic like it was his lover. He knew its dark twisted self was like walking into the depths of the void so he placed one more fail safe into the skull. The fail safe told one more thing, to size up his foes and to give him the urge to flee if he was out matched in terms of skill.

This project was grand. Grand on so many levels. He had not made a project this grand in a long time. Since he made his Necklace, his Mask and his hand that was within the vault. This armour would act as a conduit for the host to fight in case they had to.

Once Rayage would turn it than he would just use his own blood to active the magical artifacts. Different bones all working together for one reason. One goal. This was his newest project to help the island. While they were filled with mages and magic was not a problem this would help them fight without magic.

Vick would be known for this project but Rayage and even Thomas could take credit as well to help them raise in the island. Vick had a feeling the other nuit would without thinking about it for they would use each other for awhile yet maybe something would bloom out of that.

Once it was done he would use his own blood with his intent and resolve at his peak. Than he would see just what he made. Project 001 Warnuit was almost done. This would make the leaders of the island take note and come in person to see the work but they would not be happy with how it was molded for Vicks size. Yet if it was good than they could rework more bones together like this and give the island more of a fighting chance for the coming storm.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Rayage on November 13th, 2012, 9:43 am

VickWay to get a lot done in one post
ThomasYou can join in if you want. Might get a few alchemy points out of helping Ray. By the way I laughed so hard when Thomas thought that nuit melt. Made me think of the Wizard of Oz.

As the nuit handed the now soft bone to the Malediction mage, Rayage wasted no time in continuing with the process. He needed to get these done so they could move onto bigger and better things, ”You, boy,” he once again directed his attention towards Thomas, ”Grab another bone and set it in the center of the circle.” he ordered expecting him to follow the command. Going over to a table, he fetched some more clay himself, and once again loaded the Alchemy ring. ”Hurry, now.” he urged the boy if the bone wasn’t in place by the time the nuit made it back to his place.

If Thomas wouldn’t get the bone then the alchemist would get it himself. Dropping to his knees at the outside of the circle the alchemist spilled more ichor over the keystone, he needed to reinstate his connection with it. He was about to start the process before looking over at the human again, ”Did you want to help this time?” he asked wiping the dagger onto his cloak to clean it off, offering it to the kid, ”If you do, you will have to listen exactly like Master Vick did.” he told him, being sure he was clear on that part. Except this time he retold all his instructions about letting the energy flow through oneself in common. In common so the human wouldn’t misunderstand. In fact, the nuit did all his words in common when addressing the boy.

Rayage would wait for a response, and if the kid did join him, then he would wait to pay the price of Alchemy and join with him at the other keystone. If he did not, however, then the nuit would proceed anyways. He was not going to let some kid slow him down as he pressed both hand onto the keystone. Feeling a jolt of energy the Alchemist knew that he was connected with the circle. Years of practice allowed him through just feeling the circle mentally through his connection with it be able to visualize it all in his head. This time, he would do so.

Taking a chime to get a good mental picture in his head of the circle, he felt the energies in the fount and felt the bone in the center. Each energy was represented in a color, the founts were blue, and the target was red. To start the circle the imagined the blue djed from each found being pulled and tugged at, like a rock caught in the middle of a river it left a mark, a tide, a parting in the water. The blue was tugged at harder and harder and eventually, just like a rock from years of having water wash over it, parts of it, particles, started to flow the current of the river. It was all fine, except this river was a circle, and so bits of blue broke off the main rock flowing and mixing with the river, becoming the river.

The djed went faster and faster as more was ripped from it, parts being broken down into as traits flew off of the clay placed in the fount. Perhaps each particle was a separate trait which the clay possessed? Mentally he wished the current faster and faster, and soon it looked in his head that there was no invisible current wishing and washing away at the rocks in the river, but the river itself was rocks, filled with blue power. The circle had turned blue and was gaining more and more momentum.

The mental picture translated to the actual thing as the nuit willed and had almost absolute control over the djed flow. He was visibly concentrating, the strain of managing such imagery was painted on his face, but he did it anyways. He could go faster, faster, faster, always a little faster. For being faster meant a better collision which meant a better and more stable end product. His magic took a lot longer to decay than a normal alchemists and it was the years and years of practice that he attributed to it. Of course when one had lifetimes to prefect an art, they were going to be, had to be the very best. It only made sense, it was only natural.

The djed flux at its peak he motioned and yelled at Thomas (if he decided to help) to let go of the circle, and once he did Rayage did so as well, mentally picturing the blue crashing with the red. In his mind the red turned purple when the energy hit it, and so there was another flash of light. The visible power and sign of change ended the transmutation. ”Now, human, if you would be so kind as to pick up the bone in the center there.” he said, pointing to the product, ”And let it bathe in the water over there.” he directed the human to the barrel of water ready to absorb and finalize the alchemical process. ”that would be grand.” he smiled at him.

By the time they were done with turning another bone and giving it clay like properties, Vick was done drawing the circles. Did it really take that long? No matter, it was easy to lose track of time when preforming magic. Not that the nuits sense of time was great or anything… Ray carefully took the item, being mindful of the art while curiously looking at it.

Setting it carefully into the center of the circle the nuit went over to and found some steel objects. Placing them into the fount slots he readied himself to do the circle once more. Going over to the keystone he placed his hand on it, and if Thomas wanted to help again then he may and Ray would wait before he set the circle into motion once more.

The very force of his thoughts was enough, through the connection he made with his ichor, to rip off the identity of the objects and send it cascading into and around the circle. The metal the circle was made out of and the D-wire wrapped around it allowed for the almost perfect flow of Djed. Almost. There could be improvements and nothing is ever perfect. Faster and faster he willed the djed, and soon enough it was spinning around the circle hundreds of times per second, again visible to the naked eye. Breaking his connection he launched the ring of energy at the clay-bone and a flash of light ended it all. The clay-bone was now steel-like, very steel-like.

Going over to the item he picked it up. It was no longer soft like clay, but as hard as steel. Going over he plunged it into the barrel of water. Waiting a chime before he brought it back up, he rushed it over to a loose towel and dried it off the best he could before setting it on the table before him. ”This one turned out nicely if I do say so myself.” he said, looking over the circles, a hand tracing the etching almost playing with them. It was a work of art.

He then turned to Thomas, ”Up for some more?” he asked glancing at the bones. He had to get them all done… ThomasIf you want to do more transmutations go ahead and write them out yourself. This could be good practice for when you take up Alchemy yourself. You will get more points for showing ICly that you helped out Ray :-)

Eventually all the transmutations were complete and the items were in front of them all, ”What is next, Master Vick?” he asked.

Last edited by Rayage on November 14th, 2012, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Mirage on November 13th, 2012, 3:37 pm

This post is just a brief interjection to post the effects of the above item. Please carry on in your normal posting order after my post.

OOC :
Effect: These bones act as a set, only working when all the pieces are in place. They grant the wearer a competent skill (30) in unarmed combat even if the user has never fought before in their life. They work by pulling the knowledge and skills contained within the bones and funneling them into the wearers body, filling his/her mind with the experience to make quick decisions in a combat situation. The bones came from a man who excelled in hand to hand combat, and so this armor set does not give the wearer skills with a weapon. Those who face one wearing this set who are below the competent level in combat feel unease and unsure of themselves, making them more willing to flee if the situation allows.

Side-effects: While wearing the armor one's djed is confined to only combat usage. No magics may be used, including Auristics and Reimancy. Removing one piece of armor will break the link in the item and cancel out the item's effects. This armor also does not make up for normal nuit sluggishness.

NoteThese effects can be stacked with other world magic crafted items, but they do not stack with experience. Once a PC has reached a level above 30 in unarmed combat the item is little more than a decoration with no real power but to keep them from using magic.

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 14th, 2012, 2:23 am

Thomas nodded, quickly grabbing another bone, bringing the organic to the center of the Alchemic circle. He waited nervously outside the circle for any further instruction -- anticipation and eagerness shone off the young man's face once Rayage's question was registered.

"Yes, of course," He quickly fumbled through the basic sentence, still refusing to change from Nader-Canoch despite having the Master speak to him in Common. Thomas nodded to the Nuit as he grabbed the knife, making his way to the the opposite keystone. Obviously excited, the young animator sliced the middle of his hand, and perhaps he bled too much blood, but the prospect of working with a real master proved too much for the novice wizard -- he quickly placed his bleeding hand on the waiting keystone, all too willing to pay the price.

Thomas held on to every word Rayage said, as if the words themselves were tangible and laced with gold. He listened and memorized each instruction and suggestion -- this oppurtunity would not be wasted on him.

As Rayage willed it, Thomas' hair bristled at the slight flux of Djed energy. His initial reaction was to let go of the keystone, to reject the pulsing Djed as it passed through his body. Still, the young man held on to the keystone, and with each passing of Djed, his grip grew tighter still.Thomas tried to calm himself, his breathing growing more and more erratic with each round of Djed. It was becoming more and more difficult to keep the image of the moldable bone in his head. Slowing his breath, or at least trying too, Thomas imagined the combating energies, the eventual result Rayage planned.

The process finished before Thomas could really feel it -- really understand what happened, but he did as Rayage asked, and went to pick up the bone from the Target.

Djed radiated off the alchemized bone, making it warm to the touch. "Fascinating...," the youth whispered to himself, gently feeling the new malleability of the bone. It was still similar to a bone, if only in appearance. To the touch, it was completely clay. Still in a dazed wonderment, Thomas walked over to the small bucket of water, and dumped the newly created material, only to return it to Vick a moment later.

He would repeat the process with the metal bone, again to fail to feel like a participant in the actual process.

Thomas nodded at Rayage, although he had already begin to feel the effects of participating in two charged alchemic processes. "This time, this time I will do something," he promised himself, walking over to the keystone stained in his own blood.

Thomas breathed in deeply, the Djed stained air causing his nose to wrinkle. He focused desperately on the effect he wanted -- remembering all of what Rayage had told him. From basic instruction, he could roughly identify the fonts and the filters being used and why. Thomas knew what the Target was and what the ideal creation was, a malleable bone.

The first pulse of Djed hit the novice in a wave, Thomas' grip automatically tightened around the keystone. The impulse to let go was strong, but Thomas' own determination and thirst for power was stronger -- he would not, could not, let the two Nuits seem him as weak. If they had managed to stand strong, he could too.

Slowly, the stream of Djed began to move faster, rushing through Thomas and the chargers at an alarming speed. He watched at the Djed, while invisible to the naked eye, caused the chargers to flare a bright red as it passed, the bone itself slowly beginning to glow as the Djed slowly chipped away at the clay, borrowing it's properties for the bone. As the Djed began to move faster, Thomas closed his eyes in an attempt to concentrate more.

Muttering slowly, Thomas felt Rayage as he forced the Djed to a now incredible speed, whatever left of the clay merging completely with the bone -- and with an incredible effort, Thomas pushed the giant ring of energy into the bone -- ending the alchemic process.

And again and again they would alchemize each bone twice, once to clay and the second to steel, until the armor was finished. Too curious and tired to care about proper etiquette, Thomas asked, "So what exactly does it do?"

oocHope that was alright! If there is any problems with this, just message me and I should get around to editing them soon!

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes