Gravity Shmavity (Lixue)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Gravity Shmavity (Lixue)

Postby Volinir Orchid on November 22nd, 2012, 12:37 am

It was difficult to keep from laughing as Lixue probed at his teeth, though he was grateful she wasn't going to hurt herself by poking their tips. "Nothing at all!" he said, though his words were a little slurred due to the finger in his mouth, "I told you, I'm a Shymeneshtra. We all have theshe. You people call them fangsh, right? To me, you're the shtrange one without them."

After about five ticks of calm tolerance, Volinir tried to pull Lixue's hand out of his mouth before bursting into a fresh fit of laughter. "Stop it! That tickles! How'd you like it if I poked around your mouth, hm?" he asked affectionately, tapping her lower lip before letting his index finger wrap a lock of Lixue's hair around it.
Volinir Orchid
Little spiderling

Words: 88577
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gravity Shmavity (Lixue)

Postby Lixue on November 22nd, 2012, 1:23 am

Lixue leaned back, away from Volinir's mouth, enough to get a more general look of Volinir. The man had a skinny, long face. His forehead was slightly larger than normal, his cheekbones were naturally accented, and his chin was square. He had squinty eyes set below naturally furrowed eyebrows. Volinir had a small, pointy nose with, here Lixue glanced to make sure, average lips. Several smaller, less noticeable, scars decorated his face and Lixue reached out with a dry finger to stroke over the marks.

Besides being paler and having fangs, Volinir did not seem too different from her or anyone else. Well, she had color changing eyes and highlighted hair, but still. Lixue let her hand drop back to her side as she asked, "What makes you a Symenestra? I mean, what makes you different besides the obvious?" The question bothered Lixue because she believed she sounded rude. Who just asked someone what they were? Apparently her.

She let Volinir pull her hand out of his mouth, even blushed because she had had the ill grace to do something so rash and bold. Something rude, as well. But his comment caused her to wink at him, bordering on suggestively, and gently let her lips close around the tip of his finger for several tick before releasing. Just long enough to get her point across.

And then the man did something nearly sweet. He started to play with her hair, a task that made Lixue smile gently and lean toward his hand. When was the last time someone had played with her hair? A distant memory played along the edges of her mind, but Lixue struggled to grasp it. The dream pushed the memory away, forbidding Lixue to think about whatever the memory held. Perhaps her mother had played with her hair? Lixue could not quite remember, which was acceptable.
"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

I am interested in learning new languages. If you are interested in teaching your language, please contact me. Thank you.
Lixue
The Amputator

Words: 329233
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Gravity Shmavity (Lixue)

Postby Volinir Orchid on November 22nd, 2012, 1:33 am

Apparently, Volinir didn't register what she said as rude, since he simply looked up and to the side as he tried to remember what humans couldn't do that he could. "Let's see... My arms and fingers are a little longer than yours, my fangs dispense a poison that paralyzes and breaks meat and other food down into something I can eat- My stomach can't digest solid food, see. I can make my pupils bigger at will, and they're far larger than yours, which lets me see in the dark easily. I can also stick to surfaces- Don't ask me how, I just can."

The hooks on his skin were microscopic, and as such, Volinir had never seen them. "What else..." he said thoughtfully, "Oh! We only have three eye colors- Red, gold, and purple, and our hair is can be white, or jet black, or any shade of silver in between, and our nails are naturally black, and are extremely durable. You'd need to use a blacksmith's file to wear them down. Awful useful in a fight. Our bones are also far lighter than a human's, which is why we seem so graceful at times. And... That's it, I think." Volinir shrugged, "Other than that, we're very similar... Same faces, same insides, same hopes and dreams..."

He'd stopped playing with her hair, and their noses were brushing again, "Really, other than surfaces and stomach, there isn't much difference between us at all..." And with that, Volinir closed the distance between their lips.
Volinir Orchid
Little spiderling

Words: 88577
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gravity Shmavity (Lixue)

Postby Lixue on November 22nd, 2012, 4:41 pm

InformationPermission was given by Volinir to control the character

A Symenestra sounded like someone Lixue would like to operate on. Really. It would be interesting to see just how light his bones were/are and if he were injured, how the bones would react. Or how she could make the bones better. Truthfully, Lixue just wanted to examine the bones and experiment on their properties.

And his skin. If the skin was grafted, would the clinging characteristic remain? Or would the characteristic stay with the body? The possibilities were endless and they made Lixue's head spin. IF the medical field were to discover how the skin stuck to things, such as the street, what would change? How would people move into a new world? And if the skin was grafted, would another body accept or reject the piece of life? If the body accepted it, could the skin become a generic trait that the body remade or passed on through generations? Could generations a hundred years from now be born with the same skin as the Symenestra?

The poison in the fangs. If the poison dissolved food and other things, could it be used medically? Amputating could be made so much easier if there was a way to stop the poison from spreading. Lixue wondered about this briefly before pushing the idea to the back of her mind. This would be something to further investigate.

Unconsciously, Lixue leaned closer to better see Volinir's eyes. The pupils were larger, in general. This made Lixue curious, her medical mind working. If they were to go into shock, what would happen? Would the pupils contract instead of dilate? Or would they do something entirely different? Volinir's eyes were a gorgeous shade of purple, one Lixue was slightly jealous over.

Lixue was so intent on her thinking she barely noticed when Volinir quit playing with her hair. In fact, she did not even acknowledge his last words. But their brushing noses distracted Lixue, enough to where her train of thought crashed and burned. "I am not certain if I like being so simi..." the words trailed off as Volinir closed the distance. Lixue could not help but to angle her head upwards to better meet him. His chapped lips were barely gracing her skin when the world went black, for both of them.

The dream had ended.
--

Lixue:

Lixue tossed and turned in her bed, weighed down by the imaginary guilt the dream had kept at bay. She would not remember the dream, except for the information about the Symenestra. Definitely not the behaviors she had exchanged with Volinir. Only in the world of dreams would Lixue remember.

Volinir:

Volinir tossed and turned for an entirely different reason. He sought to ease the physical tension his body had developed throughout the dream. His breathing was ragged and a light film of sweat covered his body. Even though the dream with Lixue had ended, Volinir's mind still dragged on with the possibilities of what could have happened. Volinir would remember the dream in real life, in exact detail.
"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

I am interested in learning new languages. If you are interested in teaching your language, please contact me. Thank you.
Lixue
The Amputator

Words: 329233
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Gravity Shmavity (Lixue)

Postby Valkyrie on December 5th, 2012, 5:21 pm

Volinir Orchid :
Experience
N/A

Lore
Dreamscapes: At Home and Far Away

Other
N/A

Notes: After the seriousness of the last dream I appreciated the whimsical nature of this one. The scene you described in the first post of the intermingling aspects of Kalinor and the Spires was truly beautiful and idyllic. Both of these characters seem to have some serious personal issues they are currently dealing with and I imagine the ability to escape into this dream was welcomed. I certainly wished I could be a part of it! The playful nature was threatened several times by the possible emergence of serious memories or thoughts but I was glad they both suppressed those in order to maintain the positive environment. Things were starting to get a little spicy as well!

Lixue :
Experience
N/A

Lore:
Dreamscapes: Hanging by a Thread

Other
N/A

Notes: I loved how playful this was after the seriousness of the first dream in this series. Lixue almost allowed more serious matters to overtake her but I liked that she either couldn’t access them or pushed them away. I think letting this whole thread be a positive, whimsical playground was a good choice. It was so endearing to see these two suffering souls connect on such a basic and beautiful level. They escaped reality into an idyllic dream and will always have those vague memories to sink back into. I really liked reading this and it definitely brought a smile to my case on several occasions. And my, my, what would Seiled think with Lixue getting so spicy with another man? ;)

You Will Be Collected if Worthy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous