Crossing Boundaries (Lixue)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Postby Volinir Orchid on November 25th, 2012, 9:02 pm

It was amusing how often Volinir yanked his own chain. One minute he was spitting and snapping, and the next he felt almost as bad as Lixue did. How could he make someone as selfless as her cry? How dare he make her cry! As if it wasn't bad enough, she also thought family was the most important thing. By Viratas, was she seriously azo?

In what was starting to become a more common thing than it should, Volinir had done a complete 180. His feature softened, his shoulders drooped, and he tried to hug Lixue again. "Oh, don't say that..." he crooned apologetically, "I was just a little upset. When people said they were going to beat my ass, they usually did. Besides, my family isn't going anywhere. I can always see them again, and I knew I was going to miss them when I took you out of the Cobweb."

Volinir wasn't making things up just to make Lixue feel better, either. He made his decision when he took her out of the theater, and he didn't regret it in the least. So his reunion with his family was postponed for a few bells. So what? He had saved a life. She wasn't as important as his family was, but she was more urgent. "Please don't cry, Lixue..." he murmured, attempting to rock her a little, "Family is important, but so are you."
Volinir Orchid
Little spiderling

Words: 88577
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lixue on November 25th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Again, Lixue flinched when Volinir touched her icy skin. Though she was not as panicked as earlier, Lixue was still wary at unexpected touching. How was she to know he was not going to have another mood-swing and take it out on her? After all, judging only by his peers, he had grown up around this... cruelty. He was used to it. Besides just that, he had been a slave. But should that not have made him more sensitive to pain and fear? Or had been a slave for so long that he was desensitized? Either prospect made Lixue uncomfortable with not knowing just how much he was like the rest of Kalinor and the citizens.

Even though she was stiff as a board, Lixue let Volinir hug her. Even though she feared him, so much that she trembled from it!, Lixue let him attempt to comfort her. No matter how she acted, Lixue wanted someone to hold onto and tell her it was okay. That this nightmare would not get worse and that they were there. She just wanted someone strong to take charge, so she would not panic and would resist the urge to cry.

But the tears still fell. The flash of panic and adrenaline had left her body shaking and on edge, something that Lixue was not used to. As such, her body reacted in the gender specific way it knew how: it cried to release the pent-up emotions. And only after the tears had reached the bottom of the well did Lixue run a hand along her lashes and collect the tears, sniffle, and quit shaking. Only then she did she softly whisper, "I just want to go home, Vol-ee-ner."
"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

I am interested in learning new languages. If you are interested in teaching your language, please contact me. Thank you.
Lixue
The Amputator

Words: 329233
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Volinir Orchid on November 25th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Though Volinir rubbed her back and kissed the crown of her head and whispered words of comfort to her, Lixue still wept. At the very least, she calmed down eventually. When she voiced her desire to go home, Volinir's heart clenched. "So do I..." he breathed. Though he was in Kalinor in the dream, he still missed his home. Perhaps because he knew, in the back of his head, that he would still be in Ravok when he woke up. But he couldn't just go back... To tell his family and friends that he had failed so completely and utterly that he lost his freedom and his dignity for five years... The shame was just too much.

But then, Avanthal wasn't Kalinor. No one was going to judge him there, and someone seemed to need him there.

"I'll come to Avanthal... But no ass beating!" he said with a faint smile. He might as well cheer her up a little while he was at it.
Volinir Orchid
Little spiderling

Words: 88577
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lixue on November 25th, 2012, 10:49 pm

InformationPermission to control Volinir was given by Volinir.

As Volinir had wished, this did earn a smile from Lixue. A small one, but one still the same. And, with the tears slowly drying in her eyes, Lixue leaned her head back against his shoulder and sighed, but nodded. No, no ass beating. Whatever Lixue was going to say in response was, once again, cut off as the dream faded to black. The sun, in the real world, had risen and the land of dreams was through for the day. Perhaps another time.

Volinir

Volinir was drooling, enough to stain his pillow and wet his face. But, as he awoke, Volinir found a smile taunting his lips and there was a feeling as though he should be packing his bags. He fully remembered the dream and felt he now had a purpose. Volinir would go to Avanthal, one way or another, and would see the woman who had gotten him to agree to the visit. But for now... For now he would go back to sleep, so tired was he.

Lixue

Lixue rolled off of her bed and landed with a thump on the floor. Through the groggy haze of confusion, she remembered the dream fully. Remembering led to remembering the previous dreams, to some extent. But only as far as letting her know that she could trust the man, Volinir, and that she had learned several things about another culture. Shoving her tear stained pillow off to the side, Lixue felt her cheek for the marks but found none. Only then did she release a breath and stand. If the man was going to visit, she may as well clean in preparation.
"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

I am interested in learning new languages. If you are interested in teaching your language, please contact me. Thank you.
Lixue
The Amputator

Words: 329233
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valkyrie on December 10th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Volinir Orchid :
Experience
N/A

Lore
Dreamscapes: Soothing a Foreigner in Kalinor

Other
N/A

Notes: And with a dream, Volinir prepares to travel to Avanthal! This was a great concluding thread to the dream series, all of which I loved. Volinir definitely got schooled in the proper way of cleaning a wound; hopefully he will remember that knowledge when he is awake and can try it out. Volinir very obviously misses him home and it’s interesting to see him interacting in Kalinor in light of the events he has been through the past few years.

Lixue :
Experience
N/A

Lore
Dreamscapes: A Frightening Encounter in Kalinor

Other
N/A

Notes: This was a good concluding thread in the dream series and appeared to have some effects on the two characters. I liked how confused Lixue was about Volinir, her conflicted thoughts about who he is as a person as well as about asking him to Avanthal. He is someone she has had a rather diverse set of experiences with, all occurring in dreams no less, so confusion is to be expected and seemed very realistic. I wonder how things will go when they meet in real life as opposed to just dreams and if they will act as the other expects.

You Will Be Collected if Worthy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous