Quest [The Dungeons]Shattered (NULLIFIED BY FOUNDERS)

Murdock confronts Imass in Sahova's dungeons.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

[The Dungeons]Shattered (Wrenmae)

Postby Verilian on January 11th, 2013, 10:06 pm

It was a fight to the death, and neither combatant was prepared to back down. Imass' initial attack was met with the hard edge of Wrenmae's dagger, successfully blocking it, but also sending the small weapon flying from Wrenmae's grasp, though not before the mage blasted the Akalak with a gust of wind, sending him flying back. The proud warrior quickly recovered, however, but Wrenmae was not unprepared. As the Akalak charged, Wrenmae let loose twin gusts of wind. Of course Imass had caught on to the trick, and as he was already expecting another such attack, he was able to dodge the first gust, but it's twin still made contact and slowed him down. Wrenmae dove to the side while the Akalak was distracted, just as his familiar was moving into position to launch a boiling attack at the Akalak, and Wrenmae readied yet another reimantic attack in case the warrior tried to dodge his familiar. Neither the familiar, nor Wrenmae, were able to make their attack, as all three combatants found themselves distracted by the sudden appearance of dark, shadow smoke filling the room, surrounding them all, before coalesing into a dark ball of wispy tendrils, creating strange chaotic patterns deep within its depths. A voice came out of the darkness and somehow Wrenmae knew it was directed at him, though unlike Yahal, this being did not choose to hide itself from the other person in the room.

"I saved your life once, Wrenmae, and I told you there would be a task to return the favor. In exchange for the life you nearly lost, I demand you destroy this one's."

The shadows began to form a shape as the two watched unable to move, though whether it was out of fear, some other emotion, or some unknown power neither could begin to understand was unsure. Between them both a man appear, tall and lanky, though regal and possessing an aura of power that was strong enough to drive most to their knees, if he let them. The man had long black fingernails, and eyes that were solid white. He pressed his thumb and finger together, drawing blood, and took a step toward Wrenmae. Lightning fast, his hand grabbed Wrenmae's throat, and suddenly he was filled with a burning sensation unlike any he had felt before. The pain was tremendous and seemed to last an eternity, spreading out from his body until it covered every inch of him. In truth it lasted only a mere instant, and just as suddenly he was overcome with euphoria and pleasure.

"I am Rhysol. This knight is my enemy. Break him. Destroy him. Corrupt him, and make him wish he were dead. This is your task, Wrenmae."

And just like that, the god was gone. Wrenmae was still filled with a sense of euphoria and ecstasy, but he also had a new understanding. Just like Imass, he had been marked by a god. Wrenmae was now Chaon, and had they not been enemies before, they surely were now. Imass, who was before fighting for his life, and for vengeance, would be filled with renewed purpose. As if Vayt weren't bad enough, Rhysol was the ultimate enemy of the Syliran Knights.. and now he was facing a Chaon, a child of Rhysol.

The Recap

Okay.. so as you know, I had to redo this post. I didn't change it much, but I will explain what has changed, and why things changed. Thanks to Imass for giving me the heads up.. honestly, I can't believe I screwed up so badly on my very first post.. but oh well. Here is the play by play as I read it and interpereted it.

1. Imass sets up for an attack, aimed for Wrenmae's groin. Wrenmae manages to block the attack, but is disarmed in the process.
2. Imass is hit by Wrenmae's gust of wind after Wrenmae blocks the attack, sending him flying back.
This gives Wrenmae time to prepare more res.

4. Imass attempts to charge Wrenmae and attack from the opposite side but using a similar attack as before. Attacking Wren's "reimancy hand" as he put it. This attack is blocked by Wrenmae's twin gusts of wind.
I allowed Imass to avoid the first gust, because he mentioned in his post that he would not fall for such a trick again. But that was against only one gust, and Wrenmae shot two. Another thing to note is that Imass referred to one hand as a "reimancy hand" leading me to believe that he assumed only that hand produced the magic. Wrenmae used two hands for this attack. The attack did no damage, but allowed Wrenmae to roll out of the way, negating the attack Imass attempted.

5. Zan does some stuff and tries to launch an attack on Imass from behind. Also Wrenmae prepares to shoot fire at the place he assumes Imass will dodge to.
Both attacks are negated by the appearance of Rhysol in the room, who distracts everyone so much that nobody does anything. Sorry.. but that's just kind of how gods are. Distracting.

Final Results of the Round:

Imass is uninjured.
Wrenmae is disarmed, but near his other dagger.
Zan is still behind Imass, but must renew his attack.

Notes:

Okay, so after rereading all this.. I really should have made you delete your posts like the rules said. But, since you both said you were fine with the posts, and I already posted, we're just going to move forward. The main reason is due to the fact that you both did so much in your posts, without giving the other player a chance to react first. There were some other minor things, but I don't feel like mentioning them all, since you both just went with it. You can PM me about them if you want, but they are not really important.

So, for the rest of the fight, please limit yourself to one or two actions, that way your opponent can make responses. Don't assume attacks will succeed, that's my job here. You can assume failure if you want, but I don't really see either of you doing that, lol. Oh, and Wrenmae, since there are two of you, you will of course have to post for you and your familiar, but again, try not to stack too many actions in one post.

..if we have to, we'll limit it to one attack per post, but we'll see how it goes. Just try to keep it reasonable for now.

I hope these changes satisfy everyone's concerns. I think I was much more thorough this time, but as always, feel free to PM me.

Oh, and as I said before, please be sure to list every item you have with you. If you don't list it, you don't have it.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Imass on January 12th, 2013, 11:24 am

Ser Imass forgot everything when dark smoky tendrils appeared in the room. Something in his soul made him stop mid-rebuttal as anxiety consumed him. A voice sounded through the dark smoke. In the Akalak's perspective, the voice was full of malice and hate. It spoke of a man named Wrenmae, but Imass only knew the name Murdock. Confusion passed through his racing mind until it turned into horror as the black shapes twisted and turned into the God Rhysol.

The Syliran Knight didn't know what to do. Back in Zeltiva, the zealot openly cursed Rhysol and blindly accused him of hideous actions. It was a different story now; being face to face with the Windoak's greatest enemy drove great fear and terrible anxiety into his core. The black nailed deity drew blood from his finger and suddenly appeared at Murdock's throat choking him. Everything happened in a matter of moments, then Rhysol introduced himself and ordered his new servant to destroy Imass. The Knight could not truly understand what was going on, but he knew one thing for certain: Murdock, whom was called Wrenmae, was now serving Rhysol and obtained some sort of power from him. There was no reason to think, nor time to. It was his duty to flat out kill this evil man.

The Knight got in his martial combat stance. His spine was straight and his head was up. Bending slightly at the knees, Imass placed his left foot forward with his right foot behind, facing as far backwards as he could. He placed all the balance of his body on the balls of his feet and his in-steps. The Knight also took extra careful consideration for Murdock's magic in his stance. If any wind reimancy hit him, the warrior would use the mountain technique he learned in Riverfall. The Akalak counted on using the kinetic energy in his hips, legs, and back strength to stand his ground. The Knight's pommel was resting on his right hip and the sword point was aimed directly at Wrenmae's neck. His arm coiled up tightly into his side and his muscles where tense. Imass wanted his weapon to fly out of it's guard at Wrenmae. Speed was key here. His left hand was up and ready to help.

The Akalak's mind was clear due to Yahal's help, so he could think faster resulting in everything seeming slow. Less than a moment after climb in his stance, the Knight launched his attack. He had to make it good in order to crush Wrenmae once and for all.

The Knight closed the gap by taking a quick sliding step forward. He used his left foot to lead, bounding the energy forward as he dragged his right foot behind. Once within a few inches of maximum range, the Knight would make his move by pivoting on his left foot and swing his right foot from behind his body to the far right side a few feet from Murdock's left foot. The movement would not only set him up for a counter or follow up attack, but it also allowed for maximum torque in his stab. Coming from his hip, the Knight aimed the tip of his blade at Murdock's neck.

"Eeeaaaaah--" he grunted as he released all his power and speed behind the strike. There where several options to go with if the stab failed and it wouldn't even require Imass to get into a new guard (he could possibly transfer into a second attack immediately after a failed stab). The professional's Ennervism had him thinking ahead.

OOC
Thank you so much for the awesome response V. Everything looks good. Imass item list :
1 broadsword

I hope everything I described in my post is clear. If there is any confusion or concerns of any nature let me know and I'll be happy to clarify.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Wrenmae on January 14th, 2013, 3:17 am

ooc equipment :
Steel-cloth cloak, leather armor, two dagger, one cold iron, rapier, maladicted starfish

Moments built of crescendo events, lives changing and hearts yielding in the intervention of a god. Even as Rhysol gripped Wrenmae by the throat, even as his touch seared flesh and soul, there was quiet reprieve in the moment. Something akin to a calm had flowed over the hypnotist's mind, desperation unraveling in a blinding scythe of pain and satisfaction. Since his torture in the cells beneath Sunberth, Wrenmae had wrestled with Rhysol's dissapproval. He had been healed, but told to wait to be tested...now in an unexpected whiplash of energy, he had been elevated from simple tasked to blessed, from anonymous to known within the god's ever white eyes.

Between them, the Knight and the Fiend, ideals clashed and turned to water between them, steaming away into silence where words were only the dim echo of truth that neither could agree upon.

As Imass prepared his thrust, Wrenmae made a calculated guess. He was moving fast, too fast to be at normal capacity. That speed lay with danger. Although the knight wasn't as skilled at blade-play as the hypnotist, in the tight corners, a dagger would be better suited...but if he ducked to pick it up, he put himself in a vulnerable position. Zan reversed trajectory, spinning up at Imass near his shoulders, to engulf his head and burn him in the familiar's core. As Imass brought his hip pivoting and the blade up toward Wren's throat, the mage would attempt to pivot, remembering both his weapon and unarmed training to narrowly avoid the thrust, spinning them around to face an oncoming Zan. As the blade would pass close to the hypnotist, Wren would blow out the res still contained in his mouth to cling to the knight's arm, hand, and sword handle. Would the first technique work, he'd throw himself backwards, roll beneath Zan as the familiar flew up to face Imass and reach for the dagger that had been smashed out of his hand at the beginning of the battle.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on January 16th, 2013, 6:25 pm

With the coming and going of two gods, the stakes were higher than ever. Both combatants knew they could not afford to lose. Their lives depended on it, yes, but it was so much more than that. Imass set himself up for a deadly blow, but it was inherently flawed. His speed was enhanced, but he chose a straight forward attack, and one that the agile Wrenmae would have easily dodged in a normal fight. As it was, the nimble fiend barely managed to avoid having his throat cut out, the blade instead slicing across his shoulder. Thanks to the protection of his alchemically enhanced cloak, most of the damage was absorbed by the cloth, though Imass was still strong enough with his enhanced strength to cut the material and bite into the skin beneath. While it stung, the damage was superficial and would not hinder him in the fight. Wrenmae's res escaped his lips, aimed for the Akalak's arm, but in the heat of battle with everyone moving around it was hard to remain accurate. Not all the res found it's target, and some billowed out into the air behind the large warrior. Imass might have been able to pull off a counter attack, the unchanged res was hardly dangerous to him, but Wrenmae put them right into the path of Zan, who wanted to boil Imass alive. The akalak would have to deal with that distraction first, before he could return his attentions to Wrenmae, allowing the nimble fighter to snatch up his dagger and arm himself once more.

Recap

• Imass does a powerful straight forward strike toward Wren's throat.
  • Wrenmae attempts to dodge and turn them into Zan's path.
  • Zan tries to engulf the Imass' head and boil him.
  • Wrenmae expels res at Imass. (does not count as a new spell, in regards to overgiving. He formed it in the last post)
  • Wrenmae tries to roll back toward his other dagger while Imass is distracted by Zan.

Results

• Wrenmae's skill in acrobatics and unarmed combat allow him to partially dodge the attack from Imass. The blade still hits him across the shoulder, but the steel cloth prevents most of the damage. However, with his enhanced strength, Imass is still able to cut through the steel-like cloak and cut flesh, however the actual damage is negligible.
  • Wrenmae expels the res at Imass arm, but a lot of it will miss, as all the dodging would make being accurate more difficult. Res hasn't been changed into an element yet, so nothing else happens.
  • Wrenmae moves out of the way as Zan comes forward. Wrenmae will be able to get his dagger, since Imass will be distracted by Zan, but Imass may attempt to avoid him in the next post.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Imass on January 18th, 2013, 3:13 am

'Faith,' Ser Imass thought as his cut failed to deliver Murdock to the afterlife. The Worm pivoted to the warrior's right dodging his fatal strike. The Knight's blade cut steel as he delivered pressure on the blade. He drew blood though sparks, but caused no significant wound.

The Knight's mind was clear by Yahal's gift and he did not hesitate to press the attack onward, 'Discipline.' The water magic didn't mean anything to him, the Zealot had excepted his death; Conviction dictated he complete his Duty with Honor regardless of the consequences.

Ser Imass would use his size and strength and quickness in attempt to overwhelm Rhysol's Marked One. He dropped his right foot back 12 inches, pointing his right toe at where Wrenmae was attempting to move. His hips where now open to press his opponent. Everything occurred in slow motion in his mind, but to the on-looker it would all seem to happen at the same time. Slamming his foot violently in forty-five degree slide steps, he pushed himself with his left foot back. Holding his breath and tightening his stomach as he moved, the Akalak planned to make contact with all his speed and power.

'Duty,' was the Zealot's final thought as he threw his last strike. Nothing else matter, but at the same time he attacked for everyone he loved. Ball, the Pycon whom he thought of as a son. Squire Miro, the Mage turned Brother who swore sacred Duty for life with Imass. Naeya, the Konti from Riverfall whom he loved. Brother in Arms Markus Andres. No one would deny him. No one would defy him. None, not even Lhex, could claim he made the wrong decision.

"HIYAAAAHH" The Zealot exhaled.

The Knight threw a stab at Wrenmae's body. He aimed the tip of his blade right at the Worm's diaphragm and stomach area. The Knight would bring his feet through the strike and shoot his free hand to Wrenmae's throat in attempt to crush his windpipe. The Knight was determined to bring him to the floor no matter what type of sorcery was inflicted on him; he would ignore Zan and the Res finish Wrenmae once and for all. If his sword pierced flesh he would drive his feet in balancing on the in-steps for speed and power. He would twist and push the weapon deep into the Mage's lungs and heart. If he missed for some miraculas reason the knight would attempt to slam Murdock to the floor and kill him there with either sword or hand. Regardless everything was one fluid movement. His whole mind was bent on killing Wrenmae, he would let nothing stop him not even his own death.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Wrenmae on January 18th, 2013, 3:42 am

He didn't need to see the zealot, Zan saw for him. Imass paid no attention to the familiar, striking forward and allowing Zan to cling onto his skin and wrap around his face. The familiar was opaque, or at the very least, would distort Imass' view of the cell entirely, including where Wrenmae was.

The mage had taken his dagger while Imass was moving, standing to intercept the blow aimed for his stomach. Rather than dive away from this blow like the last, the mage relied on his training, on his ability with the blade. Imass was coming straight for him and whether Zan obscured his vision or not, it would be doom to allow the giant to fall upon him. The art of the dagger was its swift movement and versatility in comparison to a larger blade, superior maneuvers and poise.

Pivoting his foot back, he pushed himself toward Imass' blade, bring his blade up and turning his body sideways. His plan was to intercept the thrust on the outside with his dagger, pushing it the inches sideways he'd need to clear it from piercing his flesh. With all the power rocketing it towards him, trying to circumvent that kind of force would be pointless...instead redirecting it would be of more use.

If his plan worked, he'd viciously bring his knee up into Imass' festering wounds, activating the res on his hand in flames and bringing the remaining res that had missed back to his side. It would be enough for one last blast, certainly, but he hadn't time to produce more res.

Zan would continued his assault on Imass. If not catching him when he moved, swooping in when he paused to strike to engulf his head then, and force his way into the Knight's nose, eyes, ears, and mouth...as violently as he could.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on January 18th, 2013, 7:39 pm

It was a desperate battle, both combatants were equally matched. While Wrenmae's skill outweighed the akalaks, Imass had the upper hand in both strength and speed. With Yahal's help, he was able to balance the scales in a fight that should have been one sided. If it hadn't been for the divine intervention the fight might have gone much differently. However, Imass made one fatal mistake, though it was perhaps intentional. He chose to ignore one opponent in favor of killing the other. This allowed Zan to latch onto the Akalak's head, obscuring his vision, and giving the agile Wrenmae the edge he needed to deflect the blow. Deflecting it was no small feat, however, and even as he pushed it to the side he could feel the raw power of the Akalak's strength. At the same time his arm bursts into flames, though there was only a small amount of res, and while the pain was considerable the damage was not major. The fire didn't stick, and quickly went out. Wrenmae's new position also blocked Imass' attempt to grab his throat, however, the akalak was still able to connect with the mage's arm, though whether he latched on or did something else was still to be seen.

As all of this went on, Zan wreaked havoc on Imass' head. The familiar burned the skin before forcing his body into every orifice he could find. The akalak, thanks to Yahal's grace, had considerable focus and strength, but even he would not be able to ignore being drowned on his feet. He could not breath, water was being shoved into his lungs, and who knows what other sort of damage might be happening through the other holes in his head. Imass was in dire straights, and even with his grip on Wrenmae's arm, it was unlikely he could do anything but struggle not to die. In truth, he was now at Wrenmae's mercy.

Recap

1. Imass does some footwork, which I acted out in a rather humorous display to figure out what exactly it was you did.
2. Imass aims at the diaphram/stomach and stabs. Also, he tries to grab Wrenmae's throat and windpipe.
Imass ignores all Zan's attacks, and whatever Wrenmae does with the res.

3. Zan latches on to Imass' head, distorting his vision.
4. Wrenmae attempts to deflect Imass attack with the blade. (doesn't mention the fist)
5. Wrenmae also activates the res on Imass arm.
6. Wrenmae also tries to knee Imass in an existing wound.
7. Meanwhile, Zan attempts to force himself into every orifice on Imass head.

Results

1. Imass shifts to position himself for striking.
2. Wrenmae rearms himself, fully aware of what Imass is doing thanks to his skill in familiary and ability to see what Zan sees.
3. Because he chose to ignore the attack, Zan latches onto Imass head, subjecting him to intense heat, distorting his vision, and cutting off his ability to breathe.
4. Imass attacks.
5. After some discussion, determined that thanks to higher skill level and Imass obstructed vision, the attack is successfully deflected by Wrenmae. Also, Wrenmae turns sideways for this and ignites the res on Imass' sword arm, setting it on fire. (only minimal damage from this, as it wasn't much res)
6. In changing his position, this also means that where Imass was initially aiming for Wrenmaes throat, in addition to the obscured vision, incredible pain, and basically drowning he is being subjected to, ends up connecting more with the shoulder area. So Imass can grab Wrenmae's arm or shoulder if he so desires, or perhaps shove him, or something involving that general area. (Note, this is the right arm/shoulder Imass is now grabbing or whatever, which is Wrenmae's dagger hand.)
7. The knee attack will be negated due to Imass connecting with Wrenmae's shoulder/arm area, unless Imass chooses to pull Wrenmae towards him, in which case Wrenmae could still bring up his knee.

Final Results

• Imass' sword arm is on fire, though it only lasts a few moments. Not enough res to destroy the arm or anything, but really really hurts.
  • Imass' entire head is suffering severe burns
  • Imass is now drowning
  • Imass' hand has connected with Wrenmae's upper arm/shoulder (I say it that way because I don't know what it would technically be called).

Very Important Notes

Imass is now drowning, and his head is being boiled. Enervism may be able to allow him to focus through the pain.. maybe. But with water being shoved down every orifice on his head, his body will involuntarily begin to swallow, choke, cough.. basically, his body will start struggling for oxygen whether he wants it to or not. This will make doing much of anything other than staggering around trying to rip Zan off his head next to impossible.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Imass on January 18th, 2013, 9:21 pm

Ser Imass was suddenly overtaken by Zan, who completed drowned his head in boiling water. Taking a deep breath in by instinct, water flowed into his mouth and nose scalding and burning his throat and stomach as it went down.

Imass dropped his sword and let go of Wrenmae. Bringing both hands to his head he attempted to fight against the magic, however there was nothing he could do. His face and head was being cooked alive and water flowed into his ears too.

Already breathing hard from the fighting, the Knight went into a panic and started coughing and coughing. Falling on the floor there where no more thoughts to be had, for now his death was near. His head was boiled alive and his lungs and stomach was filled with still boiling water. Everything was quickly going into third degree burning.

Painfully and thoughtlessly the Knight would die a failure to himself and all of Syliras.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Wrenmae on January 18th, 2013, 11:38 pm

No.

What?

I said no.

Wrenmae's face twisted in a wordless snarl but he didn't raise to challenge the familiar, only taking Imass' sword and his dagger from the ground and hurling the former from the entrance of the cage where it clattered in the hallway, and the second danced along his palms.

Imass was released, all the fluid that was Zan spilling out of him and collecting into its swirling shape once more, hovering above the fallen knight. Wrenmae kept his distance from the wounded Akalak, unsure if that ludicrous strength still filled his bones. He would remain on guard, at least until the door was closed again and the brute locked behind bars.

He had to admit, he was impressed. In any other scenario, it would be him lying there...wounded and dying. The Knight had far more in him than the murderer had ever assumed. But Rhysol had commanded him not to be gentle, and there was work to be done.

Zan's form coalesced, reformed, became tangible and transformed.

Another man stood between Wren and Imass now, morphing already rippling through the familiar as he cosmetically changed his appearance away from a direct copy of his master, blonde of hair and blue of eyes.

"Step aside, Zan, you've done your work. Now let me do mine."

"I don't recall getting marked by Rhysol," Zan spat back, holding out his arms, "I think you've done enough."

"He's dying," Wren said simply, eyeing the knight, "Let me finish the job. It makes no difference now...he'll die to his wounds or he'll die to me. What do you care?"

"Petch you!" Zan spit, "You're a monster. You'll throw your will into any god that will look at you sideways. You compromise your beliefs and your dreams because...because of what? Is this fun to you? Do you like this? Is all this damn death and destruction what we came here for?"

Wren was silent, glaring at the familiar, edging around him to get a clear shot at the Knight. The familiar wouldn't have it, following his every movement.

"I didn't understand what honor was, once. The first time I heard it was when this blue-flesh-person-guy...Im...Imoss? Imiss? ...I want to say...Imass. Anyways! It was when this guy said it...and at first I was right there with you, honor is dumb. Why face someone head on when you can stab them in the back? Why go through the lengths of weakening yourself to a level playing field with life on the line? But you know? I think I understand now."

Wrenmae had circled around Imass enough to come upon his second dagger, he leaned to pick it up, twirling both of them.

"Honor is about belief and about faith. You hurt people, Wren, you hurt a lot of people. Once upon a time you hated that, and now that a god gives you a pat on the head you're an obedient dog to him? Well petch you, and petch this. We do things my way now."

"You're in no position to call the shots, Zan," Wrenmae hissed, nearly spitting the name, "Don't stand in my way or-"

"You'll what? Bluster? Threaten me? Beat me up with magic and cheap tactics like you did this man? Im...something, may not be as smart as you, but he's a far cry from being as twisted. This could have been us, Wren. We could have been protectors...now you've made us destroyers."

The Familiar's shoulders sagged.

"And the gods keep rewarding you for being a monster...isn't there any good god that knows how to talk to you? Cause I'm pretty sure I'm at the stage where I need puppets to explain things."

Wren was quiet, his expression softened, but only slightly. He sheathed both blades and walked around Imass, giving him a wide berth to the door of the cell.

"You want to protect this waste of flesh so badly? Do it. I don't care. He isn't worth breaking unless he can feel it."

Even as he said the words, they felt wrong in his mouth, forced, like ash on his tongue.

Zan had unsettled him.

Picking up the blade from the hallway, he looked it over and muttered under his breath, pressing a hand to the wound on his shoulder and stalking down the hall.

In his haste and disgust, he had forgotten to lock the door again with the key...a key dangling within his cloak as he strode toward the exit. He was not a monster, he was a chosen of the gods. If he asked, he would be granted power. If he served, he would be made greater than he ever had been as a guttersnipe in Alvadas.

Zan was an overemotional fool, and perhaps would need some...corrective convincing down the line.

But that lingering doubt followed him...haunted him.

Zan knelt by Imass, struggling to pull the giant over.

"Gods," Zan muttered, "Rak'Keli and Priskil...look at you. Shyke. I'm kinda sorry for that err...I don't usually have flesh so I forget that heat does stuff to it."

He wrung his hands...what did one do in this situation? He had no medical prowess nor scant understanding of the human body. In the absence of logic, he turned to faith.

"Rak'Keli, Priskil," he prayed aloud, almost feeling the disgust of his master follow his words. "Please hear me. I know I'm...ya know, not really 'of this world' so to speak. Sometimes I feel like the worlds sexiest tapeworn sharing a skull with a child, but hey, best of situations right? Erm Right. yeah. Anyways, we've seen some divine...activity here and I know this might not be the most popular venue for you girls, but if anyone is listening...I mean, like, anyone...this Knight deserves to live more than anyone on this goddamn rock. So...I dunno if you can hear me, or if you care, but if not for the sake of a little Sarawanki, bonded to a sometimes-madman, then for this guy...Im...oss, I want to say."

He clenched his eyes shut, "Erm. I guess...sincerely Zan. Um. End prayer."

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on January 19th, 2013, 3:45 am

Imass missed it all, the way Zan tried to save him after having boiled him alive. Had the warrior had any presence of mind left about him, he might have felt at least some measure of pride in that his death changed at least the mind of one soul. But it was not to be. As he breathed his last breaths, did he remember the words of Yahal?

I have heard, Imass. Act in faith and a pure heart. See goodness despite evil and keep yourself from corruption. Know anger, but not hatred.

Not likely, his mind was more likely blank. His breaths were ragged, and truthfully little oxygen made it through. There was no water in his lungs anymore, since the familiar had removed itself, but they were swollen and ruined. His heart struggled to beat, deprived of that which it needed to sustain itself. And in his last moments, it was Zan who prayed for his life. Wrenmae left Imass to die, alone and with nobody to share his last moments, but Imass wouldn't have cared. He was out, gone already, just barely holding on to the last threads of life. But Zan prayed for him... and his prayers were answered.

"Oh, how touching."

The voice was cold, and full of condescension. Rhysol appeared out of thin air in the cell, taking a step toward Zan and the akalak. Zan, perhaps in some desperate attempt to be honorable, stood and shouted at Rhysol.

"You stay away from him!"

Zan took a single step toward the Defiler, then was suddenly flung back by an invisible force, crashing into the far wall where he was held there unable to move. He hit so hard it even knocked Wrenmae off his feet, wherever he had run off too. Try as the mage might, Wrenmae could see nothing of what was happening through Zan's eyes. All he would see was white, like the eyes of the god who knelt next to the fallen warrior, a hand falling gently to the burned and bubbly skin on the back of his head.

"Do you really think those others would answer your prayers, little Sarawanki. Priskil? She's not listening. She's too busy chasing after the heart of a man she lost ages ago. Rak'keli? She wouldn't come within a league of this place. And Yahal?" Rhysol smiled and glanced at something over near the door to the cell, though there was nothing there that Zan could see. "Yahal still thinks that faith, and purity, are the key. This Akalak trusted Yahal, and look where it got him. No.. none of them will answer your prayers, dear Zan. But I will."

Rhysol slipped his arms beneath the fallen warrior, gently lifting him off the ground, cradling him as if he were a baby. It was almost a tender display, like a parent cradling their child.. and had it not been for the emotionless white eyes and the smirk on the gods face, it might have almost been a touching scene... almost.

"I will answer your prayers, Zan. You are right. He does deserve to live.. and so he shall."

Just like that, the god was gone, and Imass with him. Zan was suddenly released by whatever force held him in place, and if Wrenmae chose to return to the scene, Zan was all he would find. Imass was gone, and all that remained was his discarded weapon. Rhysol had him now.. and all the faith in the world wouldn't keep the dark god from taking any purity left in the warrior, and tearing it out.

Thread Award

Imass

• +5 Weapon (Broadsword)
  • +2 Unarmed Combat
  • +1 Intimidation

Lores: Trapped in a Timeless Prison, Murdock Caused the Plague, The Strength of Yahal, Murdock is Wrenmae?, Fighting a Chaon, Using the Mountain Technique, The Feeling of Being Boiled Alive... While Drowning, Failure, Lore of Being Dead... Oh wait.. Nevermind, Taken by Rhysol

Gnosis: Imass has been awarded the 1st rank of Ennervism from Yahal.

Injuries: Minor burns on arm. Severe burns on head, inside ears, eyes, throat, and lungs, other random wounds from imprisonment

Wrenmae

• +4 Weaponry (daggers)
  • +1 Unarmed Combat
  • +3 Reimancy
  • +2 Familiary

Lores: The Identity of the Windoak, Who is Yahal?, Rhysol saved Wrenmae's Life, Rhysol's Task,

Gnosis: Wrenmae has been awarded the 1st rank of Chaon from Rhysol

Injuries: Wrenmae has a gash across his left shoulder.

Other: Wrenmae's cloak is now damaged

You Question My Logic? :
So, there were some bonus points here are there throughout the fight, but basically, I awarded you for the skills you used. Imass of course used his weapon, so he got a lot in that, and Wrenmae used a bunch of random skills. If you feel I missed any skills, or didn't give you enough of something, or maybe gave you the wrong something, feel free to PM me and I will take a second look.

Notes: I really enjoyed modding this thread, even if we did have quite a few problems. I hope you guys found some enjoyment in it as well, and I am really looking forward to the threads that come of this. Keep up the good work guys, have fun, and keep writing!
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext