[Cascade's Scrapbook] About Anything

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Echelon on February 21st, 2013, 10:54 am

Thank you sis for sharing that with us.

Beautiful.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Thomas Cosa on February 21st, 2013, 11:00 am

That video has been circulating like crazy on my facebook feed, but I love it so much I watch it every time it pops up again.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Valanir on February 21st, 2013, 2:47 pm

I can't believe I've never seen that video before. Thanks for sharing.
Valanir
Player

Words: 16052
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2013, 11:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Cascade on March 4th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I am badly deprived of sleep. Started on the new job and as per usual, it's challenging to adjust. It's not that I don't have time to sleep. It's just I can never fall asleep until the wee hours of the night. I've tried everything but... no. So I get like 2-3 hours of sleep then I go to work as a zombie. I get home and try to sleep and, again... no. Frustrating, really. I'm awake but my brain doesn't work. It doesn't even function enough for posting.

I appreciate everyone who's been asking how I am! Posting on my side has been slow for both mod and PC accounts, and I appreciate how that's enough of a red alert for you guys to worry. I guess I'll just say here what's up. Been sick for a week and so and the doctor wanted to put me in the hospital (EW) but I was pretty adamant about that not being an option because I just started work and didn't want to miss any days. As an alternative though I cut myself off on laptop privileges. That's all, really, and I'm fine now. Now I'm just adjusting to the job.

My PCs feel so neglected. :(
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Echelon on March 5th, 2013, 6:53 pm

*hug* You're strong I'm sure once the adjustment period is over sleep will return. Make your health the number one priority. <3 We like ourselves a healthy Cassy!
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cascade on March 22nd, 2013, 8:31 am

A little respect goes a long way.

Lately, I’ve found it surprising how some people simply dismiss others.

A few weeks ago a player sent me a grade request through a PM. They didn’t want to do it in my office because their thread partner had disappeared, and while they had sent several PMs and got no response because they never logged back in, they thought it was wrong to just send in a request with the other’s consent.

I told them not to worry, people disappear all the time, and it’s fine to send in grade requests when that happens.

I’ve put in some unfinished threads for grading too. Often it happens when the other person disappears, sometimes it’s because I can no longer squeeze any posts out and I believe that the thread has run its course. It happens the other way around too, I don’t get offended when I get a message asking if the thread can be submitted because they can’t think of anything else to put in.

But… I find it bothersome every time someone puts in an incomplete thread for grading without so much as a head’s up. Okay, so you’ve grown bored of it, you have nothing else to say, that’s fine. But at least let the other person know! It’s just respect. I find it even ruder when I send a PM asking what’s up, do you want to end the thread or just submit it, and I get no reply. Suddenly… a few days later, the thread has been submitted and I’m taken by surprise. Then you see the person everywhere else, acknowledging everyone else, and they couldn’t even spare a second for you with a simple ‘hey, I think we’re done here’. I exist, guys. I don’t usually get offended easily, but this is one thing that does offend me.

Apologies for the arrogance of this post—it’s just been eating me up.
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Echelon on March 23rd, 2013, 3:14 am

e
*hug*

No one can matter to every one.

But, you matter to us. So what if individuals can't find the time to care as much as you'd like? If they don't have time for you then best they move on in silence anyway.

That said I get hurt by individual disregard as well, more than I wish I would. Your emotions make sense, just hope the people like us who do care about you can help tip those scales so you can see that there is no need to dwell.

I think this advice is as much to myself as it is to you. I've been feeling that way a bit recently as well, for different reasons.

Peace, sis. Chin up. <3
e
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cascade on March 24th, 2013, 11:52 am

Aw, you're totally right. It's funny because I think I said something similar to you a while back. Hehehe, silly me. Love you!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Anton on March 27th, 2013, 4:57 am

01001000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01000010 01101001 01110010 01110100 01101000 01100100 01100001 01111001

You're welcome.
Anton
I am loyal to my nightmares

Words: 71278
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 3:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Wrenmae on March 27th, 2013, 5:35 am

Happy birthday!

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext