Location [Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

Postby Accolade on April 2nd, 2013, 1:15 am

The old patron moved a bit closer to look upon the man when he asked the question correctly."Ah, so it's you that need employment then? Why do you want to work here, easy coin aye?" He chuckled and moved from behind the table and stood in front of the much taller man. "So what business would you have working here?"
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Vanador Gless on April 2nd, 2013, 1:29 am

Vanador glared at him, his fair purple eyes flaring lightly, he looked amused. "Well i'm new to this city you see, and out of all the horrid meat shops and grain shops and fruit shops this is the first one i have come across with even the slightest bit of literature", his eyes scanned around for the nearest book. It was indeed a rare thing to find a single book in a shop, much less know much about books. But he did, he new a lot about books and he was proud of that fact. Something he surprisingly thanked his horrid father for teaching him. "not to mention the antiques and magical items here", he masked the kindest smile he could towards the man. True kindness was something he lacked, but faking it was always fun to him.
"why is a raven like a writing desk?"
Vanador Gless
Player

Words: 8382
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2013, 5:44 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Accolade on April 2nd, 2013, 3:49 am

The old patron turned and moved back behind the table then and took a seat. In truth he could use the help around the place, the cleaning and such could be done more often and he could also take a few days off if he needed too. "Ah, so you're a lover of books and you want to work around books and magical items, huh? I suppose I could use you. Do you have knowledge of any types of books or magical items?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Vanador Gless on April 2nd, 2013, 11:04 am

"indeed i do...", Vanador replied as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a rather thick and red clothed book with the symbol of his Family's house on it's back i a curling overlapping G from way back in Kalea. The books tittle was in Symenos but in the common tong it would read "The Art of Hypnotism". He held the book out to the older man, "i know quite a bit about books, and i know even more about Hypnotic magics...", he hesitated, "for my age".
Vanador Gless
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Accolade on April 2nd, 2013, 3:39 pm

The old patron took the book from the man and looked it over. He had seen similar, other exotic books in the past and even sold a few. "Well when it comes to magic in this city it is tolerated but not wise to go about using it in public, or for me to sell books such as voiding or summoning which are banned from teaching/learning here. So you be careful young man, I don't want my shop taking over and find myself in trouble with the Knights because of something you did." He stared at the man again for another tick and lifted his hands to push him into motion. "Alright then, get to work."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Vanador Gless on April 2nd, 2013, 7:16 pm

He smiled cleverly at the man and put his Families book back into his coat before he turned to walk off into the depths of the little shop. Splendid, he said cheerfully to himself in his head.
Vanador Gless
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on April 4th, 2013, 5:18 pm

23rd Spring 513

Fallon quietly entered, her head ducking slightly at the pile of books and oddments that filled the shop. Out of all the places in the city, she did not expect to be here of all places at all. Let alone any time soon. She paced around the front of the shop for a bit, her hands tugging at the gloves that covered them whilst her fingers traced over items and articles on the shelves. She knew about the shop and its ways, along with its potential font of knowledge. She felt the Lykata tingle on the back of her hand as objects brushed past and were snatched out of sight.
Later, later perhaps.

Carefully she leaned over the front counter, her eyes briefly looking at what was behind. Fallon cleared her throat; "Hello? Anyone here? I'm looking for a book," She waited for a moment for the owner to appear before continuing, "I'm looking for something on Auristics, if you have anything that is."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Accolade on April 4th, 2013, 6:53 pm

The old patron glanced up at the girl who dared to lean over his counter. It was his break time really, but as it was the lazy no-good help that he had hired wasn't around to do his job. And so the aging patron slowly stood up and addressed the girl. " Auristics you say, going caving exploring are we?" he chuckled a bit, not expecting an answer.

"Boy..ehh..boy, where are you?" He waited a few ticks for the Sym to show up but when he didn't the man shook his head and slowly headed off to check the shelf himself. He returned a moment later with a novice level book for the learning of Auristics and placed it on the table. "Did you need anything else while I'm standing?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Fallon on April 4th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Fallon blinked and smiled, but made no further comment. She did not quiet know where she stood with the man, and so chose to remain quiet. She waited patiently for the book, her eyes tracing around at the shop. Not that she was kept waiting for long, for soon enough the book was placed down before her on the table. Her hand for a moment traced the top of the book before shaking her head, "No, no, that's all thank you good sir. How much is it?"
She reached inside her coat for her coin purse, ready to pay the old patron the coin he desired.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Accolade on April 4th, 2013, 10:13 pm

The old patron looked the book over again to make sure that he had the right one. This book, he had copied himself some time ago and it was still in good condition. "You can take this off my hands for 35gm. what say you?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext