Quest Spring Festival Quest

Syliras hold it's first festival in seasons

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Fallon on March 29th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Fallon was silent as her gaze swept across the crowd, to the sea of faces that seemed struck with awe and delight. Except for that one man who stood out from it all. Fallon’s eyes rolled to that of the girl and the subtle mannerisms that filled her face. She saw a brief flicker of something, a strange nag swelling up from within that made her uneasy. Her eyes checked the man once more, and then the girl. Fallon felt her jaw tighten as she felt herself being pushed closer to the pole, before she finally put her foot down about the situation. She sidestepped out of the way, and briefly met the gaze of the girl.

“I am afraid, no is no,” her words remained calm but firm, whilst her hands rested at her sides. She made no intention to be rude, but she certainly made it aware that she was not about to play ball and do as the girl wished.
Calm thoughts, level head. Calm thoughts, level head. Keep your eyes sharp and the mind ready.
It was now a priority to escape the viewing of others as quickly as possible, or more over the scene. She did not like where it was going one bit, and instead of making a fuss by leaving in a hot-headed fashion she tried to have as much calm to hold onto where possible. Her eyes quickly turned to the man once more, watching to see if he would move, before returning her attention to the girl. The squire straightened herself and turned on her heel, before she weaved her way back into the surrounding crowd. She allowed herself to check for anything that was missing on her person, followed by a quick head turn to make sure she was not being followed by either of the two foreigners. For something did not feel quiet right.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Perc on March 29th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Perc didn't get why the knight had singled him out for a few moments. Just giving a pleasant nod in return and looking back towards shirres who was dancing. Or at least doing the best impression that she had some kind of idea on how she was dancing.

Perc's enjoyment of seeing a friend of his have a decent time and have some fun was cut short when somebody bumped into him, his belt shifted and the familiar weight of his dagger was suddenly missing. A quick glance towards his belt confirmed his suspicions, his dagger was missing. Perc didn't stop to ponder the stupidity of somebody stealing in syliras of all places but quickly began to look around if he could spot the thief.

He spotted the vagik not to far away, running away with his dagger obviously clenched into his hand. Perc immediately did the first thing that came into his head. He quickly began to make his way towards the theif as fast as he could, not above giving the people who where in his way a shove to encourage them to get out of his way.
Perc
Player

Words: 28872
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 5:55 pm
Character sheet

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Shiress on March 30th, 2013, 12:08 am

Despite the fact that Shiress had never danced a day in her life, borrowing a step or two in her own privacy, she looked a natural.

As the dancers pace quickened she did her best to keep in step. Every move the dancers made she imitated. With her one hand to her belly, she stepped out and with rocking hips turned her body and then repeated in the opposite direction.

The yells and claps from the crowd brought the red rushing back to her face. Her eyes quickly scanned the many faces staring back at her locking on the back of Perc's head as her smile began to fade.

She watched as he quickly pushed his way through the crowd headed for the road. A moment of concern slowed her dance, but a dancer blocked her view. As she glanced around again, Perc was gone and for the moment she dismissed it.

Beginning again, she moved in rhythm with the music and dancers. The broad smile that had faded began to spread across her face again giving playful laughs and yells as her body moved faster and faster with the music. Her hand swiped beaded sweat from her brow as she gave a quick glance in Perc's direction hoping everything was ok.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Orion Michaels on March 30th, 2013, 11:26 pm

Orion reacted with some shock as Lucy tore into the man with a fury he'd seen from very few women. Clearly she didn't like feeling as though she was lied to, and the hand she placed on the smaller man's shoulder was only emphasizing that point. Orion, on the other hand, felt that there was something lost in translation, because he didn't feel for a moment like the man was lying, nor did he have any reason for which to stop him any further. If there was something to be delivered, he couldn't imagine being the reason for it being late, especially considering the houses he named.

"Lucy," he began, placing his hand on the arm holding the man's shoulder. "Please let him pass. He isn't lying, he's talking down to us. Some people are just rude, but it's the Spring Festival so I think we can just let this one go." Orion chuckled, letting go of her arm. She was a feisty one, that was sure. That was a quality Orion could admire. What he couldn't quite let go of, though, was a foreigner trying to demand something of a native. "Besides, there's no right to demand his crest or see what's in his bag. He's done nothing wrong besides reek of arrogance."

With that, Orion moved aside, hoping Lucy would do the same. Perhaps if he'd be a knight, he could have pressed more, but honestly, he didn't have much to go on as a squire. It irritated him to no end how he spoke to him, but it wasn't uncommon of the upper class of Syliras. "i do hope we can move on, Miss Tides. I was having the best of times up to that moment, and I shan't allow a little rat like that man to ruin your pretty face with a frown. How about we wander over to a stall and pick you out something? My treat."

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Accolade on April 12th, 2013, 4:32 am

Fallon

The girl stared in surprise and disappointment at the squires actions. She was a foreigner for sure, but she had hoped that her simple knowledge of their culture would allow her to communicate with them. However that hadn't been the case, and her attempt to ask for help from the squire had been lost between them. She glanced back towards the man standing in the crowd staring at her and took a deep breath, it seemed she would have to find another way to help herself...

Perc

The theif continued to run, glancing back over his shoulders every few ticks to see if he was still being followed. The crowds were thick, but more so in some areas than others, which made running a challenge. But the their wouldn't be deterred, and having a squire chasing after him was enough to keep him going. He had no set place to flee to, but as he neared the exit of the area and found himself heading towards the warehouse district he thought of a few places where he could hide.

Shiress

The crowd cheered more as Shiress danced with the others and they were enjoying it all as much as she was. A few men and even woman stepped up to dance along side the girl, but those who became a bit too excited were quickly pushed off the stage and away from the dancers. Once the last dance was over with, the dancers applauded Shiress and allowed her to leave and make her way back through the crowd.

Lucy

The shout man paused, his beady eyes lowering to glance at his shoulder where Lucy had placed her hand. He then glared up at her harshly but rather than lift a hand to move her's away, turned to face her again and swung his shoulder in the opposite direction. He listened to the woman's words and after holding back a scowl, he forced a smile upon his thin lips and spoke again. "I don't have to show you anything, nor do I have to explain myself to you. Maybe that's not how things work in whatever dump of a city that you came from, but here in Syliars....we have our own way of doing things. So how about you keep that in mind the next time you decide to mouth off to someone who actually matters."

Orion

The chubby man turned to face Orion then, tilting his head to the side as his lips curved upward to mimic the twisted thoughts growing in his mind. " Ah, a squire with a brain, you might actually make it to become a knight. Good for you, but you'd better keep an eye out for your friend here. Maybe having a nice rack and inviting hips is enough to get her by where she's from however, that's not how it's done here," With a wink to Orion, the short man shuffled off into the crowd.
OOCOkay all, one last time to do any shopping, or exploring before I post again
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Fallon on April 13th, 2013, 11:12 am

Fallon shook the nagging feeling quickened her pace. She felt the call to clear her thoughts grow louder than ever, and she forced her attention away from what was at hand, her brow turning into a frown. She floated about, taking a few chimes to place some orders at some of the stalls as she passed with the agreement to pick them up at a later bell. But still uneasiness grasped at her, as if eyes were watching her every move she made. She swallowed, and slipped through the crowd, her hand resting on the hilt of the kukri, a moment of her seeking reassurance. Her eyes darted to the people before she slipped down an alley way.

She took the moment of respite in the gloom as the hum of the festival rung out beyond. She exhaled and cleared her mind of her worries the best she could. She could not let herself cripple to worries and doubts, not when she had her own duties to attend to. The people were currently the priority, defending them was the task she was set to. She had to ensure they had a good time and Syliras. And then… well she did not know what. She tugged at her coat and adjusted herself. Composure was key. A cool head and level mind was the best weapon in the city. Fallon shifted her weight and brought herself to the entrance of the alley, her feet planted on the ground as she stood to attention. It was time to watch, and to wait for her to step should any mishaps occur.

Receipt :
Leather Headwear, hood 0.05x2 = 0.1GM
Vambracers, Leather 50/5 = 10gm
Cotton Vest 0.5GM
Black Trousers 0.5x1.5=0.75
Fine Wool Tunic with Embroidered collar 0.5x(5+3)=4gm
Ramie Shirt (x2) 0.1x1.75=0.35gm
Leather Low boots 0.3x2=0.6gm

Total= 16.3gm+Festival Discount 50%=8.15gm
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Shiress on April 13th, 2013, 7:51 pm

As the music stopped Shiress nodded and smiled at the dancers. Her face was a bright red as she twisted her hair up and pinned it to the top of her head, leaving loose strands of brown hovering over her green eyes.

She stepped through the scattering crowd with a broad smile, giving several shy -thank yous- to the ones that complimented her dancing as she passed by them with a proud expression lighting her face. She loved the way dancing made her feel as the rhythmic music found her body, giving her a feeling of...freedom. It felt good to be proud of something about herself.

She made her way to an opening her green eyes scanned along the bobbing heads for Perc, but the squire proved to be no where in sight. Giving her shoulders a shrug she stepped away into the bustling crowd that flooded the street.

She strolled along with the mass of citizens, watching and listening to the variety of conversation and gestures around her, stopping as one conversation in particular caught the girls attention. Two women standing together, both holding up and comparing newly bought dresses, were discussing the discount the merchants offered in the markets.

Raising an eyebrow, she glanced over to the market area. "Half price." She repeated, contemplating a few needed items. After a chime of hesitation, she stepped away from one crowd making for the larger crowd milling around the busy stalls.

Nearly a bell later, Shiress emerged from the bustling crowd snacking on a bag of almonds. She was clad in a new cloak and new sandals. Her hair, neatly restyled, with the sides pulled tightly up by a new beaded hair brooch and her long auburn locks fell over a lowered hood, swayed softly along the length of her back as she stepped back into the milling crowd.

ReceiptHazelnuts - 3 Gold Mizas (1lb)
Cloak- 5 Silver Mizas
Sandals- 2 Silver Mizas
Hair Brooch- 1 Gold Miza
Total: 4 GM, 7SM
With festival discount: 2GM, 3.5SM
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Lucy Tides on April 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

Lucy had to bite her tongue at Orion's words but he was right. She had over stepped her place and wasn't surprised at the bald man's lashing words. Though the last comment stung a bit she had control and watched him leave through out the crowd. Lucy turned to Orion, her face beat red with embarrassment. She looked at him with a look very few people get to see from a Svefra, a look of apology. "I'm so sorry Orion." She said and sighed glad that whole ordeal was over. "Sometimes my temper gets the best of me." She explained but was sure Orion was sort of made at her.

She glanced down at herself and sighed. "I will be looking for some clothes, you don't have to buy them for me though. I might as well treat you to a drink if your up for it, when you get off duty that is." Lucy offered feeling bad still. She looked around at the stalls and was more then happy to see one that held basic shirts and clothing. "I'm going to look at that." Lucy said and pointed at the stall hoping Orion would follow. The stall had everything from simple shirts to elegant gowns but Lucy was just looking for something simple to help her blend in.

She leaned down looking at all of them but she quite liked a simple red shirt. She bent down to get a better look at the shirt and some of her long black locks fell in front of her face. She picked up the shirt and turned it every which way. "I like this one, what do you think?" She asked Orion if he had followed her over to the stall.
Common, Fratava, Kontinesse
Lucy Tides
I will bring you in like the tides.

Words: 34227
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Orion Michaels on April 14th, 2013, 10:15 pm

"You don't need to apologize for anything, Miss Tides. He was unimportant, don't even worry about him." He flashed the Svefra a smile, trying to urge her to do the same. "Come on, don't be embarrassed. Smile again, huh? If it makes you feel any better, I'd almost certainly pick you over him," he teased, nudging the tall woman slightly. "I just didn't want there to be a scene when I have the privilege of spending the Spring Festival with you." He didn't know when to stop, did he?

When it seemed she'd recovered, at least slightly, she made her way over to a stand, and Orion followed. There were all sorts of different tops, bottoms, accessories. "I might just take you up on that. I'll get the shirt to cheer you up, you can by me a drink to celebrate my shift being over, and then we can drink some more, laugh, share stories, and I can make you feel more uncomfortable with my endless flirtation. Sound like a plan?"

He observed her quietly as she modeled the red shirt for him. It was plain, simple, but it would look nice on her, contrasting with freckled skin and beautiful blue eyes. "Hmmm...I can't say I have any problems with your current outfit, but...Yeah, I think it would look lovely. Is that all you want? I'm sure there's something else out here we can get you?" He searched through the various accessories. "No...no....no...Do you Svefra women even wear jewelry?" He'd really only known one other of her kind and gender, and truth be told, he couldn't remember if they'd ever approached the subject. "Aha!"

Orion held up a golden bracelet with engravings of dolphins jumping out of the water. "Matches your mark, Miss Tides. To remember me by," he said, winking at the dark haired woman. Orion tossed the accessory her way, and then counted out the required coins for the item. After paying, the squire was ready to finish out his patrol and enjoy the rest of the festival. He knew he should be tired by now, but instead, he was buzzing with energy, just like the rest of the city. It'd been some time since people seemed this happy, and Syliras was better for it.

receipt :
Shirt, red dyed 1 sm x 1.5SM
Engraved Gold Bracelet 30GM
Subtotal: 30 GM 1 SM 5 CM
Discount: 50%
Total: 15 GM 8CM

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Spring Festival Quest

Postby Perc on April 15th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Perc let out a growl in frustration as he chased his quarry through the thick crowd. As his impatience grew his qualms of using his big stature and strength to make a path dwindled.
'You aren't going to escape me!' Perc thought as he pushed through the crowd. Not paying any heed to the indignant yelps of others as he pushed them out of his way.

He recognized the way the thief was going, if he wasn't making a mistake he was running towards the warehouse district. That wouldn't be good, there were too many hiding spots around there for the thief to hide away. And since he had been able to live under the knights nose perc just know that guy would have to be very good at hiding. So he grit his teeth and pushed himself a little bit harder. He had to get his hands on that guy before he managed to disappear into the shadows.
Perc
Player

Words: 28872
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 5:55 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext