Quest [Regional Quest] Illusion Bound (Closed)

Part One of the Regional Quest- Alvadas’ City Introduction!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Regional Quest] Illusion Bound (Closed)

Postby Fallacy on June 21st, 2013, 4:40 pm

Crypt

They both smiled a bit awkwardly at the pointed questions of Crypt. None of them answered, at least right away, as if both silently communicating a deep inside joke.

”Yes, you said you would join us in helping set Alvadas back to normal.” The old man said finally, perhaps when the joke itself grew as old as he was.

”But the Field of Dreams is not related to Nysel.” the woman shook her head, ”It is called such because that is where the dreams of Alvadas’ citizens are granted. Well, at least for a little while. Its an old fable in Alvadas, but nonetheless it exists despite what people tell you. One of the only ways to get there is to pathedic enough to allow one entrance.” she did not seem amused by the concept, ”The Field projects an illusion of reality around the lost one, granting his hearts wish in an almost therapeutic way. It then allows him to live in the Field for as long as he needs an escape from reality.”

”It is my speculation that something is corrupting the purpose of this place, and blanketed its power over all of Alvadas. It will be our job to remove the presence and set the Field, and therefor Alvadas, back to normal.” she explained, continuing, waving a hand as if to direct her thoughts, ”As I said, the Field is not in Alvadas at this time. We are in the Field, but also in Alvadas at the same time. There, but not don’t you see?” she tried to explain herself again taking a deep breath.

”However, there is a way to get to just the Field.” she said walking over to a nearby window and looking out, more specifically to the second sun, ”And that is to enter the anomaly that appeared in the sky.” she pointed to the sun.

ooc :
Im going to try to keep up with posts as they come in, and organize the story that way.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crypt on June 21st, 2013, 5:37 pm

"The concept is... similar to that of Ionu's Mercy. Both grant access only to those who need it. I can see why one would want to walk in that Field... To stay there for as long as possible, to walk among loved ones long lost to the ravages of time, to laugh unhindered by any woes..."

Crypt seemed to be lost in memory as he spoke this, a sad little smile present on his face. He returned to reality - cold, harsh, cruel reality - after a few seconds of reminiscing about the halcyon days in the past, and his expression hardened.

"A travesty of reality. It cannot be allowed to endure, casting its power over all Alvadas. Forgive my distraction, Yagame. From what you say, I presume you mean that the Field is not within Alvadas, at least in the physical sense, but somewhere else, yet Alvadas is under its influence? I think I understand now..."

"There" and "Not There". Mutually exclusive? Yes, but if parts of the whole, then possible.

"How then, do we enter the anomaly? It hangs in the sky, high above this city."

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Artur on June 22nd, 2013, 6:58 am

When Artur followed them he hadn't paid mind to the attention drawn, he was more so focused on the new restuarant right now as though he only had a one track mind. Maybe he ddid maybr he didn't, all he knew was that a new restuarant meant that a new kitchen existed somewhere in the back. Of course when they arrived and he found his amazement grew just with the dining area, he found that Archie had been greeted with a blonde lady that seemed to be genuinely connected with him. He couldn't tell right off the bat but Artur felt that the two may have been bondmates, judging by how the air around them felt melded together in a way. He had been wondering about himself ever finding a bondmate for a while occasionally, but his time in the kitchen usually kept his mind mostly occupied to think on it so much. "My reputation precedes me apparently." He pointed out bashfully as he received the same reception from earlier, he hadn't expected his cooking to become as they would say "the cream of the crop" here in Alvadas.

With people pouring in to be the first customers of the newly opened restuarant, the pressure to make the best food for Alvadas' citizens rose and the was officially on. Upon entering the kitchen area to find it had been prepped and ready, Artur's jaw could've dropped to the floor for all he knew, due to his awe and excitement finally getting the better wows out of him. As bizarre as this would've been he enjoyed how this day had been turning out, this morning he woke up in the Rose and left only to find an adventure had started today. "This is way beyond perfect Archie!" He cheered in response to the cats comment on the kitchen, if only the bear had time to admire the beautiful handiwork and craft this kitchen had went through to be in its picturesque condition. The two of them went into prepping the food they were going to cover as the orders came rolling in, Artur's first recipe to prepare was simple enough to start with. Two salads to prepare, a basic recipe to put together. Artur went to the pantry stock and gathered the things he needed; a head of lettuce, a bundle of carrots, cucumbers, a few mushrooms, two tomatoes, and one white onion to split. With arms cradling his ingredients he carried them over to the counter top where the cutting board was, and organized his vegetables before going to grab his cutting knife. When he went over to the table he looked at some of the larger knives, a steady hand grasped at the handle of each one he picked up and looked at. When he felt the edge on one several times, he was sure enough he found his cutting knife for the salad. Artur returned to his station unaware what Archie had started to cook, his mind already locked into a zone purely focused on the making of good food.

First the head of lettuce, in which he just simply cut the stalk of the bulb off and placed it to the side. After that he took the knife and made a quick cut through the middle of the lettuce down to the board. He then placed the knife down and took one half of the lettuce, and shredded it with his hands continuously until he had torn it to smaller fragments of its original form. He then went to where he could find to large plates and placed them to the left of the cutting board, and swept the shredded pile of lettuce onto one plate with ease. Next came the other half of lettuce, which only involved the very same process as before, only this time with a little humming to occupy the bear as he tended to the task. Once that was done the carrots were next, which wouldn't take too long after such practice at the Rose. He cut the end and tip off of his first carrot and went into the cutting process where with a simple flick of the wrist happened, and pretty soon he had one carrot chopped into slices. He had only completed half of the process however, as he had to do the same with the other three carrots. Once they too were in slices like the first, he then placed the tip of the knife on the cutting board and arched the blade above the pile of carrots. He went into mincing them to smaller bits now and continued to use this chopping technique until he had a decent pile of evenly cut carrots. He slid half of the pile into one hand and sprinkled the carrots onto one of the plates of lettuce until his hand went empty, then repeated the step once more with the other with the same result.

Next came the cucumbers, a vegetable he hardly liked really. Yet a cucumber is what made a salad, a salad, and therefore he would cut it into them into thin slices with the same wrist movements. Each flick with the front edge of the knife was smooth and steady, decent practice had been put into this as he first began his career in cooking at the Rose. Finally the cucumbers were sliced and he just scattered them all over both salads, the decoration of the dish turning into art while he continued his craft. The bear started with the mushrooms next, in which he cut off the stalks and simply swept them to the side. When he had just the caps of the mushrooms he arched the knife just like he did with the carrots, and then began mincing away until he had a pile of mushroom built up. He scattered it evenly on the salads and went for the tomatoes next, a steady simple cut made to create thin slices from each tomato. When he finished that task he decorated the salads with tomato slices and admired how they were turning out. Now only one vegetable remained and then he could consider the salad complete, and that would be the white onion.

He reached over for the purple layered bulb and peeled at the outer layerd until finally its true color shown, the scent of the vegetable permeated the area and already began to irritate his Kelvic nose. He would have to.make quick work of this one before he ended up tearing due to the strong smell of the onion. Quickly he made a cut at the top and bottom of the bulb to make a flat surface for each, then placed it on one of the suefaces so he could cut it in half. Then he cut the half into another half, and began to cut away further into shreds as he held his breath. Already his eyed were on the verge of watering but he had to focus, he was just about done cutting this half. When he finally finished he pulled back just a bit, and pulled the collar of his worn shirt up to his eyes with a deep exhale. His nose burned and his eyes itched as he tried to regain control of them once more, as it was damn near impossible not to cry when one would cut an onion. 'Least that one half was cut up.' He assured himself as he looked at the pile he cut up, he was convinced that he wouldn't need the other half considering how strong onions could be. With his mind quickly made up, Artur evenly sprinkled the onions out onto the salads and considered them prepped. He carried them over to where Leaila would pick them up through the open window, and placed them down for her to retrieve with a bit of acconplishment in mind. "Order up, two salads." He called as he went to look at his next order to prepare. The bear was in high heaven once more now that he was back in an active kitchen.

ooc :
I left the next order open for you Fallacy, or whoever may have decided to enter the restuarant. ;)
"Artur's words" Artur's thoughts "Others words"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Words: 182526
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 3:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kuvarakh on June 22nd, 2013, 9:18 pm

Kuvarakh could not deny Wanda a meal at the new establishment, especially not with Artur doing the cooking. He had gotten pretty used to smelling foods without tasting them. But in this case, he wondered if it would be a bit closer to torment than usual. Maybe he would begin looking into some means of disabling his sense of smell in future bodies. For now, however, he would make do with some mint extract. A light smear beneath his nose should do the trick. Many of the aromas would get through anyway, but being forced to compete with mint would clash and greatly reduce the enticing nature of them.

Naturally, he would never tell Artur himself that he had resorted to some tactic to prevent himself from smelling the magnificent culinary results. In fact, there was an equal concern that his own bodily "aura" may add negatively to the aromatic atmosphere. On their way there, Wanda suggested they stop by the Tattered Thread to get something suitable to wear on such an auspicious occasion.

Kuvarakh groaned inwardly. It was truly the last thing he wished to do. This would certainly make them late to make the kind of timely arrival he assumed Wanda was hoping for. Then again, if he simply let Wanda make all the choices without complaint, it would probably hasten things a great deal. Wanda made it clear that, in her opinion, a fresh ensemble would absorb his "scent" for long enough to enjoy a fashionable bite at the latest and greatest new restaurant in town.

He knew she was right. Like most Nuits, he was meticulous in his cleanliness, but there were only so many times a simple washing would truly have any effect on the sickly sweet compost smell he brought to any room he entered. He had bathed this morning as usual, but he smelled. His major obstacle was that, he had gotten used to his own smell and didn't appreciate how strong it could get to others.

Now there was a practical idea that had eluded him! Alchemize some cloth with properties of odor absorption! He would have to do some research to find out which sources were available. This was NOT a matter of imbuing some cologne or perfume or something. That was only adding to the stink. He needed to find something to negate it. Ahh, good, something to think about while he served as a manikin for Wanda's fashion sense.

A generous bell later, they arrived at the 'Grand Opening!' He found himself 'decked out' in reserved finery. Wanda had apparently been thinking along the same lines as he, given that she had selected Ramie cloth for his undergarments, noted for its absorbent nature. Over these were conservative, but elegant superfine wool slacks, a satin shirt with a vest that matched the slacks, a finely brocaded jacket, and matching worked leather belt and low boots. He had been worried that she was going to ruin it all with some sort of ostentatious head ware, but she never even asked about it. It had all totaled a little over 15 gold mizas, but, in keeping with the mood of the day, Kuvarakh had casually tossed over 20 and they had walked out, arm-in-arm.
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallacy on June 26th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Crypt I

”That is the question, is it not?” Yagame laughed, a bit lighthearted, ”though your daydream can be excused.” she said dismissing the incident, ”We all have things which our minds conjure that demand our attention. Sometimes, well, sometimes mine are all too vocal as well.”

”Yagame,” The old man started,”Aren’t you one of Ionu’s priests?” he asked, ”Can’t you do things that ordinary people can only dream about?” he asked. ”The way to the second sun is in front of us. Lend us your power, priestess. And have both our dreams fulfilled.” he said.

Kuvarakh

By the time the both of them arrived the place was bustling, almost bursting at its seams with people. They were lucky to have snagged a table, and although Kuvarakh got some glances of suspicion, most were empty only lasting long enough for the food to be brought to the tables. Which, in all cases, was not very long at all.

They were greeted brightly by Leaila once seated, and she asked them what they might consider having after listing some of the usual things earlier costumers were getting. Though she tactfully added on that, at this time, they could most likely get just about anything they wanted because the Chief Artur was in the kitchen.

Kuv :
Go ahead and come up with a fun order for Artur!

Artur

The kitchen was bustling and the work was hard to keep up with. Though there seemed to be an energy in the air, a certain amount of ‘knowing’ that came with a chief of his stature that could prepare the dishes in a surprising amount of time, with quality which bested his own work thus far by miles. The Artur of yesterday was not the Artur of today. That was for sure. Though the sudden change was surprising, shocking, and even a bit unnerving now was not the time to question the newfound cooking powers of the great chief! Notice and accept, but if Artur would think too hard on this then his abilities would be hampered, if just a bit, a noticeable bit.

The cookware and knives seemed to flow in his hands like it was second nature… And the secrets of Alvad cooking were known to him.

Artur :
The theme is ‘Brunch’. It was a good start with the salads. Try to make something unique that would make Alvadas proud to call Artur its top and most famous chief ;)

Crypt II

Of course! That was the answer. She had been standing in front of them all along. Together, and only together as a team with each individuals unique abilities could they even dream of stopping this thing. Whatever it was!

Yagame would turn and nod, smiling handsomely at the both of them, ”Of course… Well, what are we waiting for then? Can any of you lead us to a spot that may be the closest point from Alvadas to the sun?” she asked, looking at Crypt for this one. Moribean already has set in motion his end of the deal. It was time to see what this newcomer could do.

Crypt :
Feel free to make up some whatever spot you go to. It is the city of illusions after all, keep that in mind!

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Crypt on June 27th, 2013, 3:16 pm

OOC Note :
I think I'll just settle for a 'normal' location, but alert: flights of fancy galore! Having a little fun here writing about the wishes of some Alvadas citizens :D

"I suppose I could do that. I understand more of the nature of the second sun from your explanation, so I should be able to use Auristics to determine its exact location relative to any buildings. Hopefully I can handle the information input."

He led the others out of the building, sneezing violently as he breathed in in preparation for what he was about to do next. The air smelt strongly of caramel and mint, for some reason. Cursing the person who wished for such an absurd thing (most probably a child) under his breath, Crypt waited until he finally managed to catch his breath, the smell finally fading away.

RIght then. Lock on to the sun, and scan the outline of the auras around it. Don't absorb information as much as possible, just note its presence and location. My Djed reserves should be able to sustain this for at least a few bells, if I don't do anything else. Better get to a higher position first.

"I'll be climbing to get a better view. The auras won't be so distracting, and I'll be able to see where we're headed, if only until the streets shift again."

Crypt looked to the building the team had just vacated, and moulded his Djed in preparation for climbing it swiftly. Mindful of how the Flux and Morphing required mutually exclusive manipulations of Djed, he opted to simply morph into a form adapted for climbing.

His limbs elongated as he walked towards the grey brick wall, growing muscles and tendons on his bones even as claws of bone formed over his fingers. His toes grew longer proportionately such that they could fit into small holes in the wall easily. Resisting the urge to scratch himself all over (for every time he did a transformation, he would feel itchy), Crypt concentrated on his main body, reinforcing it and increasing its mass such that it would be able to support his new limbs. Grasping a brick that protruded slightly from the wall, Crypt heaved himself up and began to move swiftly up the wall, as fluidly and swiftly as a spider. Once he was at the top, he maintained the transformation even as he prepared himself

Right. Time to do this.

Fixing his eyes on the second sun, Crypt blinked twice, already feeling the Djed draining away from him as he focused on the aura of the sun.

Ah. There it is. Now to see what else is around it...

Auras everywhere. Strange creatures danced alongside the people of Alvadas, each stinking of Djed released and untamed, but a brief taste of their respective auras was enough for Crypt to identify them as former citizens. The auras of the buildings flickered as the streetwide revels continued, perhaps affected by the sheer mass of emotions Crypt could feel that was flooding all Alvadas. Love, delight, sadness, hatred, anger, joy - it threatened to overwhelm his mind if he dwelt too long within them, but the entire spectrum of emotions felt was laid bare to him as he struggled to map out Alvadas as it currently was. And strands, gossamer-like, stretched from the sun to everyone and everything he could see and sense. This was probably a sign of the spreading influence of the Field of Dreams. And they were multiplying.

It's directly over the Temple of Ionu. Since Yagame is a priestess of Ionu, she should have enough clout to let us in.

Crypt climbed down swiftly, reporting what he had gleamed from the auras.

"The sun's closest to the Temple of Ionu. Yagame, you should able to let us in unhindered, since you're a priestess of Ionu. But there are signs that the Field of Dreams might still be continuing to grow in strength. From what I've tasted of the auras of the people, their emotions are only heightening as time passes - slowly, perhaps, but it is evident that they will become over-powering eventually. Already I have witnessed a few people transforming - some due to their own wishes, and others perhaps due to others' wishes. But no matter, for they are still enjoying themselves out there. The aura emanating from the sun is only expanding, and I fear its hold on Alvadas may be growing tighter. I'll try to lead us there as fast as possible."

Stepping onto the street, Crypt begun a brisk walk towards a crossroads several yards away, ignoring the way his footsteps were scattering in all directions after he left them in the gravel. The constant stream of information was already distracting enough, and he could not afford to let go of the Djed he was using, for it would waste precious time.

Twenty chimes passed as the trio walked through a few streets, encountering both bizarre and fantastic landscapes. They struggled through meadows of waist-deep 'grass' (reminiscent of the Sea of Grass, although each stalk of grass was actually an eel); they moved swiftly on sidewalks that threw them from one end of the street to the other, and they were forced to take a detour once when a massive monstrosity of apple cider and honey mead (Probably a wish come true of an insane alcoholic) burst out from a hole in the street and managed to sing four verses from the song "I have a Yukman in my bedroom", which was the theme song of a play shown in the Crooked Playhouse the day before.

All in all, a perfectly normal day in Alvadas (Well, perhaps a tad unusual).

Crypt nearly wept in joy as he touched solid, unshifting, non-custard and certainly not booby-trapped cobblestone on the path that led directly to the Temple of Ionu, which was a hundred yards away.

Unfortunately, this sense of relief (which was shared by Morribean, his old bones having been rattled many a time in the ordeal) faded once the Towers Idol Slanderer grew from the cobblestone to a much larger size that it was before, and started spouting ludicrous poetry at the top of its voice.

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly/jabberwock in my eye, thy micturations are to me..."

It was blocking their path.

It took another twenty chimes before they managed to reach the Temple of Ionu. Thankfully, the Temple was not invisible, and the sun was still there.

As they entered the strangely empty halls, the head priest Cadmus approached the trio, pinching Crypt as he spoke.

"I think you're not an illusion. Good. Now, why are you are here?"

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on June 28th, 2013, 1:59 am

The aromas of the delicacies were almost visible. Kuvarakh's attempt to shield his nose with a smear of mint only added to the torture as a ram-glazed ham seemed to tease the mint into a garnish of culinary lust. All the memories of being alive were on a constant replay as flavors taunted him, sparked by each one. Sparked, seasoned, roasted, braised, basted...It was maddening!

What was he to do? There was one time he had gone to dinner with Wanda and a client from the shop, but that was just an ale and sausage break, and the word "compare" was a travesty of inefficiency. He was not sure he could stand it much longer, but he could NOT ruin Wanda's day off, her big day to splurge. Gods knew she got so very few of those. What was worse, he could see that it would probably be at least twenty chimes before the waitress took their order.

Wnada was, of course, animated in her indecision. "Ooh, Ku, what shall I have?" With every delicacy she rattled off, Kuvarakh wanted to go shove his head in a sewer to counter the effects of the master chef at work. He looked up again, at Wanda, and could see a hint of empathy. "This is really difficult for you isn't it. Oh, Ku, I'm so sorry, Do you think you can stand this? I didn't really think about how you would feel. Since you can't eat, I guess I just assumed you had no sense of smell."

"Oh, I can eat, physically...It just won't digest, so eating is like poison, ultimately. Say in a couple of days, the food turns bad in my stomach and starts all sorts of problems. I suppose if I could just..." he stopped, not wanting to broach such an inappropriate topic of dinner conversation.

Wanda, though, looked thoughtful. "Well, could you...? I mean, it wouldn't have to be right here, right now. I mean you've said you can drink water, that it's more like plant osmosis, absorbing the moisture. Does your...you know, gag reflex work? I mean I'd really like to share this meal with you. This is so special."

Kuvarakh started to laugh. There was something so disgusting about it, that it was funny. Sitting down to dinner with the woman he loved, both of them knowing that within a day or two, he was going to have to go puke his guts out. Bring a gallon of water, guzzle a bunch and do it again...and again...and again...who knew how many times?...

...And who cares?... "Yes...By Myri's Muzzle, I suppose I could!" He set aside the exact details of that for now and began to do something he hadn't done in an hundred years, Thinking about what he wanted to eat. An idea began to grow. It was from an old memory, a childhood story that had stuck with him. A story of a simple chef that had found himself in a jam because he had to cook in place of the King's chef without anyone knowing. And the King had ordered something so bizarre that it had never been successfully prepared before. Fortunately, this also meant that the king didn't have any idea what to expect, so the chef just made a special dish that his grandmother used to make, and the king hailed it as 'The best thing he'd ever tasted' and the two friends lived in a manor house for the rest of their lives.

Sure it was just a kid's story, but he wondered now about the recipe. If anyone could do it, it would be Artur. The waitress finally got to them and Kuvarakh, realizing that it would also be in keeping with the 'brunch' motif of the moment, cleared his throat...

"I would like a Kanvi Squid feathered egg omelet. The feathering to be done with clove-dusted Cyphrus sun-wheat flour and pulverized Eyktolian Vesper peas. I'd like the fillings to alternate between shredded breast of lowland Talderan goose and slivered scallions in one layer, and shaved, garlic-marinated Merata Root with a generous sprinkling of grated Okomo brick cheese for the other. All set on a Kenashi rice pilaf with a 'Pico-de-Falyndar' herbal spice cream moat."

He finished his request with the time-honored gesture of kissing his fingertips.
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Scorn on July 3rd, 2013, 12:07 am

OOCApologies for my absence. I should be back on track now.

Scorn and her sister had been distracted from Artur. On the way to the restaurant, they had smelled a delightfully wounded prey animal, and even the promise of food as great as the renowned chef's was not enough to entice them away from an immediate meal.

But now both sisters were sated, and remembering their original plan, they followed the bear's scent into a crowded building. Scorn proudly demonstrated her knowledge of "doors" to Scourge, who was of course, duly impressed at the grey twin's wisdom and experience.

Scorn would normally feel uncomfortable in such an enclosed space with so many unknowns, but today she was untouchable. She owned this city. Of course, the downside to complete security was that there was nothing life-threatening to distract a Zith from getting bored. She sniffed the air and prick up her ears, trying to pick out anything that could serve as entertainment.
"Dialogue in italics is in Zithanese."
"Dialogue in normal font is in Common."
Scorn
Innocent, in the Worst Sense of the Word

Words: 98516
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Artur on July 6th, 2013, 3:51 am

oocSorry this post came so late, I had a very busy week going with the holiday. I left it open for a few chimes to pass while the rest of the order gets ready to be prepared. :)

Artur had taken bread and put it on a metallic tray to be toasted in the oven before he prepared the order he tended to, it was another easy goer in which the order asked for scrambled eggs with toasted bread. After he taken the amount of bells needed with beating the yolk and water into its yellow form and put it in a buttered frying pan, Artur grabbed a couple of thick rags to get the bread out and placed on the counter next to the plates that would serve the patrons food. By that time he had to hurry a bit with adding the necessary spices to the eggs, since they were on the verge of being a complete solid substance once again. He sprinkled a pinch of salt, pepper, and dried parsley flakes that was set to the side, then used his spatula to continuously turn the eggs over until it was all done cooked properly. He then proceeded to carry over the eggs and scoop them from the pan and onto the plates evenly, and rested the pan on the counter near the stove to finish the order. After he found an appropriate knife for cutting bread he returned to the spot where he placed the food, and split the toasted bread in half by cutting the middle. He then cutted those halves into halves as well to apply butter to the four slices of bread, and soon after considered another easy meal done. He had slightly wondered how he came to be able to easily prepare such meals, as just yesterday he considered himself not even a note-able cook at all. Of course he hadn't the time to ponder on such ridiculous matters, not when there so many orders for this top chef to prepare. Artur brought the dishes to the front where Leaila would take them, and of course she had an order to exchange that Artur could only find to be quite odd. Different as it was this one sounded by far most interesting, as Leaila gave specific instruction on how this was to be prepared.

'An omelette with Kanvi Squid egg feathered with clove-dusted Cyphrus sun-wheat flour and pulverized Eyktolian Vesper peas, fillings alternating between shredded breast of lowland Talderan goose and slivered scallions in one layer, and shaved, garlic-marinated Merata Root with a generous sprinkling of grated Okomo brick cheese for the other. All set on a Kenashi rice pilaf with a 'Pico-de-Falyndar' herbal spice cream moat.' He repeated mentally as he somehow managed to comprehend the orser with ease, somehow when it came to food lately (today specifically) he just knew what the people wanted. Somehow it all just seemed to be like magic at work in the kitchen too, like a dream had somehow become a reality for this clueless Kelvic. Still he went on to tend to his next prized order as this recipe came to unfold to Artur's mind naturally. He went into the back reaches of the kitchen to retrieve the ingredients he needed; which consisted of every said mention ingredient plus what other things that made an omelette an omelette. First he needed to "feather" the eggs with the flour which he honestly hadn't heard of the term before, but that didn't stop him from getting creative with the process now did it. "Archie, I'm gonna need a bit of help with this. Artur said as he brought the ingredients to the counter space where the baking pan rested. "The Talderan goose and slivered scallions could do to be filleted into thin strips for me and then cooked so the two can be edible for the omelette, and this Merata Root needs to be marinated in garlic when you get the chance." He instructed as he went to grab the rolling pin from the bunches of useful kitchen tools and utensils that begged to be used.

When he returned to the baking pan he assumed that Archie made with the ingredientd Artur tasked for him to handle, and pressed on with the making of the omelette. First he placed a small pile of flour and smoothed it out a small area of the countertop, then proceeded to crack open the eggs onto the free space untouched by the flour. Now was where the rolling pin came in, in which Artur rolled it in the raw egg first off then transfered the rolling pin onto the flour with two rolls to mix the two substances together. When he had enough flat dough flattened for the base of this said omelette he placed it onto the sheet and looked to the handfull of vesper peas. After he grabbed a pinch he sprinkled them onto the dough and turned to see the the cheese needed to be shredded, and tended to that task while the goose and scallions would be pre cooked before they could be fillers.
"Artur's words" Artur's thoughts "Others words"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Words: 182526
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 3:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallacy on July 9th, 2013, 4:31 am

Crypt

At the sight of Yagame’s stern look and crossed arms Cadmus backed away and the priestess led the way through the building. Past the hallways and many doors that lined the walls Yagame seemed to be choosing one at random and opened it. It revealed a spiral staircase. She ascended it, not looking back to see if the others were following her.

Step after step after step the clicking of bone against rock made an almost eerie noise as she made her way up towards her goal. The staircase spiraled, but it also seemed to be swaying, moving, threatening all those to lose their balance and go tumbling down the steps. The old man seemed to be having the most trouble, and eventually he lost his footing, but caught himself on the wall clinging to it. He inched his aged and brittle body up the stairs, but at a much, much slower pace.

Eventually Yagame would reach the top, which was blocked by a trap door. Through the door was a small enclosure and a giant bell hang from it. They were atop a spire, and seemingly the highest point in Alvadas. Looking over the edge of the tower the priestess looked up and the sun looked as if it were coming down, towards them, ominously growing bigger and bigger…

Yagame however was not fazed by this, ”Come on.” she announced stepping into seemingly open air. When one would look were her foot landed there would be solid brick under it. A stair! Then another appeared in front of it and another after that and another… They were leading up into the sun, and although the second sun was actually moving towards them there would be no heat emitted from its depths. It was falling, slowly that was sure, but falling it was.

CryptPlease refer to “The Second Sun” after reading this bit

Archie’s Place

There was much rejoicing and happy chatter that filled the place. The food was coming out and the people were happy. Money was flowing freely and the atmosphere was contagious. The happiness was, and as if to match the mood the food was just as good, if not better, than anyone could recall. However as everyone was enjoying themselves a cry for help could be heard. It was not a normal cry and the voice sounded strangely transparent, unnatural, and resounded in the head with a tone of misery.

”Help me. Will you help me?”

People did not seem to be fazed by the message, going on with their business as usual. Their chatter uninterrupted. However for certain people they began to take notice, and then, they would ignore it as their imagination. This was Alvadas after all, and people were having the time of their lives. It did not seem that anyone needed help, but it sounded again:

”Help me.” it was but a whisper a sliver of the strength that it had before. ”Will you help me, yes or no?” it seemed to want an answer and an answer fast.

If one would look around he could see people shaking their heads in a ‘no’ as if scared to answer it directly, whatever it is.

The Second Sun

Yagame was inside, and the sun had fallen on the temple. There seemed to have been no initial damage, and everyone, well everyone that was accompanying Yagame, was present. The place was shining with a light that seemed to come from nowhere but everywhere at once. It was a dim light, not enough to blind someone, but enough to allow one to see comfortably. There seemed to be no walls or barriers present, yet they all felt oddly confined. There seemed to be no begging or end, and in fact it was as if the group was standing on air, the infinity extending in all directions, the light all encompassing.

However there was something before the three of them, and that something was actually a someone. Yagame looked at it, the person, a young girl, and smiled, grinned happily. This is it! This is what she wished for. The girl laid suspended in the air, her features ever-changing as the illusions of Alvadas. Her skin tone, her hair, the hair length, but one thing that remained the same about her was the garb she wore: a pure white night dress hung over her body. The entire being seemed unaffected by gravity and even the nightgown wasn’t pressed by any sort of force.

The priestess of Ionu pulled out a knife made of bone and walked over to Crypt, ”If you kill her, then Alvadas will be set free.” she said, holding the strange jagged knife to him. The knife had carved in it all sorts of intricate signs and symbols, letters and words, pictures. The craftsmanship was the same kind of magic that surrounded Yagame at all times, a worldly magic. ”She is the embodiment of all that is wrong with Alvadas right now. You too saw that the sun was falling, what will happen when it totally eclipses the city. It must be stopped.” she told him.

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext