Closed Usual Business

[World's End Grotto](Wart) A check in with a father leads up to meeting a new person.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Usual Business

Postby Ricky Maze on July 29th, 2013, 9:17 am

"Fell asleep f'r too long?" Ricky wondered just how that came to be, he had never heard of a condition where one "slept for too long" or how it happens for that matter. Apparently it wasn't healthy to oversleep, in his case though Ricky couldn't get enough sleep lately. "Ya got more then me then, I've had issues with sleep on and off." He admitted with a chuckle as he stretched back in his chair, a yawn came next as the day finally caught up with him. "Well I hope ya get yer memory back, must be tough not bein' able to recall somethin' important to ya. I'd hate to lose my memory of those I love." It was a true and honest statement, the idea that the memory of your loved ones lost was scary to grasp. He wouldn't want to lose any of them actually, he had far too many happy memories to forget. Not just the memories but the feelings they gave, to forget that as well would be like losing your own identity.

"Huh?" Ricky was a bit clueless when she asked him that question, but a moment to process it and gather his train of thought brought out a quick and easy answer. "Oh, well I came here to visit me pa, he stay's here at the Grotto. Now o' course I'm waitin' f'r me fiancè to arrive, we eat here since we've yet to invest in a kitchen." He chuckled with a humble grin as he leaned on the table with his arms folded, eyes looked between the bar and the entrance to the Grotto. "We've uh..." He wasn't sure whether it would be all right to share this bit of buisness with her, although the likeliness of her hearing rumor about existed anyway. Still he started the sentence before he thoughr about speaking, thus he would be rude to just cut himself off when she might seem interested. "We've had a couple o' rough spots, just recently I was attacked by a few men that escaped prison. They came after me family and me, but I luckily had friends that were able to save us in our time of need." Indeed he counted himself rather lucky at best, without Gale to have helped out Hannah both she and Telion would've been gravely injured, and the timing Tallis and his father Burt had were just impeccable.

"We're gettin' along well though, haven't had any other assaults since then." He tried to sound optimistic, but an exhausted tone made it all the less convincing. If anything he still had the nightmares to deal with, even with all the training he was doing he still dreamt the worst would've happened. "How've ye been since ya woke up? Has yer memory came back any?" He inquired a bit hesitanty, not wanting to pry too much into her personal business once again.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Usual Business

Postby Wart on July 30th, 2013, 3:40 am

Wart managed a chuckle at the man's comment. Perhaps sleep had been the wrong word. The doctors at the infirmary had called it something else, a comma? But she was fairly sure that had something to do with writing, not medical stuff, so she'd not bothered to try and remember specifics about it. She then gave a simple "Thanks," and a tired nod, knowing that Ricky's sentiment wasn't about to make anything happen any more quickly, but she appreciated it all the same. It didn't seem so artificial as pity tended to. It was more like genuine sympathy, something many people seemed to lack.

When he explained his reasons for being at the Grotto, Wart listened, her mouth breaking out into a small smile of understanding. A family guy. Poor vagik. As far as she was concerned the whole concept of family was overrated. It meant being tied down, stuck in commitment. But, it did explain the soft spot for the little thing now napping in his pocket, if only a bit. As the man continued, Wart sat up in her seat, noticing his uneasiness as he suddenly cut himself off. The petch - attacked? escaped prison?

"Oh Gods," she muttered, a hand subconsciously brushing through and gripping at her hair. Sure, this town was nothing if not rough, but this happening somewhere other than maybe East Street? She remembered hearing about trouble, a murder or some shyke before she'd been asleep. Now however it almost sounded like things had gone even more downhill. The petch has been going on while I was gone!? No, she didn't truly care for government goings on or, well, other people in general. As of jumping off that ship from Avanthal, though, this was her home, and she didn't like not having a clue as to what had been happening in it.

The alcohol-laden frustration getting to her now she put her head in her hands and gripped at her hair more firmly, shaking her head with a laugh. "Gods, I dun e'en know." Looking up she lowered her voice some, keeping it loud enough to reach the table where Ricky sat but quiet enough to keep her next words at least a bit more private. She didn't want the world knowing what she was going to say and at the same time didn't want any questions to worsen the man's uneasiness in what he'd told her.

"Random mem'ries come back, but not the ones I'm lookin fer yet. Some of em are touchy, almos' hurt like I'm not s'posed to open em, if tha' makes sense. Petch but bein' gone a - " she choked momentarily on the word "year - makes the world a bit a chaos ta wake up to." She tried to keep a light humor to it with a light, if not shaky laugh. It was the first time she'd said those words out loud, first time she'd really admitted to herself the length of time she'd missed. "I's like bein dropped in the middle a some weird petchin country, I don' e'en know Zeltiva anymore... People escapin prison - I'm sorry if I's somethin I shouldn' ask about but ain't the Wave Guards sp'osed to be out there? I-" She stopped for a moment, realizing now that her mouth was getting loose and she needed to slow down before saying something she'd regret. Her face in her hand she pushed her mug away from her. Damn petchin beer…

"Gods, I'm sorry, I prolly soun' like some petchin' crazy. I honesly jus don' 'ave a clue wha's goin on roun' ere anymore." Her eyes rose back to the man again, watching him carefully, her own expression questioning and cautious.
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Words: 151302
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Usual Business

Postby Ricky Maze on July 31st, 2013, 8:54 am

Ricky watched as her reaction was one of bewilderment when she heard the news, in fact it actually surprised him that lately she hadn't found out about the attack. That could only mean she just woke up only recently, therefore she knew only so much about the city before her comatose state. "Poor lass, I wonder just how long she's been out." His questionable thoughts soon held answers when she spoke to him once more, confided in him her experiences in returning memories. By the gods he wished he could help her at this point, no amount of sympathy could compare to the amount of pain he felt for this woman. Ricky truly wished that in some form or fashion he could help her find what she lost, because by her reaction just now he could only imagine himself in the same terror if he couldn't remember having a family on the way.

"N-no. No ye don't have to apologize lass," Ricky leaned back with a deeply sincere expression, "I didn't think ya been asleep that long. I only returned home last year me self and found things had changed." He figured that instead of simply talking across tables why not move to the table she sat at, it would only make conversing with one another all the more interesting. Plus deep down he thought maybe Wart could eat dinner with him and Telion, maybe (just maybe) they could both tell her everything that has happened lately and catch her up to recent events. Of course they would do so with ease so they wouldn't overbear her with everything that's happened. "I left here with me dog near the end o' five-ten AV for a reason, and came back Fall last year to find me home ruined and the city different than when I left. Not long after that I met a man who became a friend in a single night, when we discovered a den of children smugglers and took care of 'em. I lost me dog 'cause the bastards, but they got what they deserved. Not long after I joined the Guard me self, been like that ever since." He explained in a lowered voice as he came to her table, he then lifted a chair and scooted it back to take a seat across from her.

"It was those pirates that came and attacked me, 'cause they planned to get even f'r me puttin' them in prison." He finished without the whole story of the plague, that was overwhelming news as it was. Best to wait until she were more ready to face it in more company. "I know this be weird and all, and I assure ye this ain't a date request." He quirked with a bit of a chuckle as he held a finger up. "But seein' as ya look to be without company, would ya mind dinin' here with me and me fiancè when she arrives?" He requested humbly with hopes that she might accept the invitiation.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Usual Business

Postby Matthew on March 16th, 2014, 6:33 am

Ricky

Experience Points:

• 2 Animal Husbandry
  • 2 Observation
  • 1 Rhetoric
  • 4 Socialization

Lores:

• Kittens: Quick to Explore
  • Magic: Must Always Be Respected
  • Magic: Must Always Be Feared
  • Memories: Sometimes Just Can't Be Summoned
  • Memories: Losing Them Because of Sleeping Too Long
  • Wart: Familiar Artist

Additional Notes :
Wart, if you return, please update your CS and shoot me a PM. I will be happy to edit your grade in.

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Previous