[Harrier's SB] A little birdy told me

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Harrier on October 6th, 2013, 12:23 am

Tay: Hah! My six foot somethin man just laughs at me when I scream in terror at them :(
Harrier
Harrier than you

Words: 365904
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Edreina on October 6th, 2013, 12:54 am

ERMAGHERD! That sand! o.o I am filled with want.

And, I wish I had a 6ft man laying around :( Get him to kill all these dern scorpions for me.
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on October 6th, 2013, 12:57 am

Gosh this year has been the year of the scorpion. We have had no less then 11 in the house. My husband wont deal with spiders but he is definitely the scorpion killer around here. They hurt when they sting :(
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Edreina on October 6th, 2013, 2:26 am

11? Psh!

Try one (or more) every day. I live out in the sticks y'all. :P The scariest ones are the teeny weeny ones o.o

And tell me about it! Little buggers get in my bed! D:
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Harrier on October 6th, 2013, 3:05 am

Ooh scorpions; you guys must live nearer the desert. We don't have many around here, just a couple mostly innocuous species but then spiders and centipedes are more common in temperate forest than scorpions.

What we get more of is skeeters and june bugs and katydids.
Harrier
Harrier than you

Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Edreina on October 6th, 2013, 3:46 am

I live in the Hill Country of Texas. Them little buggers be everywhere! o.o
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taylani on October 6th, 2013, 3:49 am

I live in southern Oklahoma. We get those ones that are small and so light colored that they are hard to see. Once one was hiding on my loufa in the shower. After I finished washing my hair I grabbed the loufa and it stung me on my finger, right at the quick. It hurt like of son of a gun!
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Harrier on October 17th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Nothing Mizahar related, but I just wanted to vent this out since it is finally over.

My daughter is 5 months old now and did you know that this entire time she has not had a PCP? I have not been able to take her to anything but the ER at our local Childrens Hospital because anywhere else required a referral for a doctor I did not have for her.

Now before you go all "Omg you're a terrible mother why didn't you take her somewhere?!" let me explain.

There's a medicaid program for kids in my state. Sissy is on it. However, since day 1, I have been trying to obtain a PCP for her but each time I find one and get her assigned, I call the clinic and find out that doctor is not accepting new patients or does not see infants. BS doesn't even begin to equate my fury at this whole ordeal. Five months and fifteen letters of rejection later, I finally am able to find time to get through to the call center and talk to one of the Reps for an immediate assignment.

So this little note right here is for you, Lisa. You were such a godsend today and I want you to know you are appreciated for all that you do and all the BS you put up with day in and day out. I wish the system was better than what it is and I know there is nothing you can do but change a parents doctor. And for that, I thank you for your calm and helpful attitude.

(c) Absy
Harrier
Harrier than you

Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Ball on October 17th, 2013, 8:18 pm

-Hugs both- docs and insurances are evil i hear ya.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Harrier on October 24th, 2013, 11:29 pm

No retreat, baby no...surrender.

I watched "The Quarterback" episode of Glee the other night and I must say...what a powerful episode about death and remembering. I'm an emotional person and I was bawling by the end of the first song Mercedes sang.

The friendship-death in this is what really got to me, though, because you can see in the episode how much these characters longed to say what they now couldn't or had no other way to express themselves to the one who'd brought them all together. I especially loved how Principal Sue finally broke down and admitted how much she truly liked Finn.

I haven't experienced many close people who died in my life other than my best friends death. But before I tell you that, let me share the story before then.

Nikki and I met five days before kindergarten at the daycare our parents took us to. She was three days my junior, though I didn't know it at the time. I remember most of our excursions, too, from the time we played dinosaurs on the playground after we saw Jurassic Park to the giant catfish she caught by complete accident to the year when her classes in middle school were on the wrong side of the hall from me and we weren't able to even eat lunch together. That was a hard year for me. It was when the bullying got really bad, and progressively worse leading up to high school.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm here to talk about Nikki and how her life affected mine. We were best friends eventhough we were fairly different. She liked goth and death metal and I liked just trying to fit in and country music. But we both shared adventure. She wanted to be a radiologist, of all things, and I? Well, I was far more interested in reptiles and pursuing a career in wildlife behavioral studies.

And then Chad came along. Neither of us had had a boyfriend before, though Nikki'd helped me tell this guy I had enormous crush on how much I liked him. For all that she was so quiet, she was a really nice person. Not many saw that the way me and Alex did. Anyways, Chad...the long and short of this part is that I cautioned her not to date him because I knew his history, knew he was not a good person for her and would only hurt her in the end. And he did. Nikki did break up with him in college, but by then, she and I no longer spoke to one another. I had begged her to break up with him at the cost of our friendship but she didn't listen. and I lost my friend because of it, and in turn she lost hers.

Well a few months after she broke up with him, my parents get a call from hers and are told that she died in a car accident. The told me and I was devastated. You see, by that time I was struggling with a lot of things that prevented me from safely living on my own and I was forced to move back in with my family. And I was so jealous of how the people I'd grown up with, and the few that I'd called friends were all doing so well by now, all of them getting really good grades at uni, on the road to success while I...well...wasn't. Then I find out that the one anchor in my life, the one person I had time and again since we graduated longed to talk to and hang out with was now dead? I was heartbroken.

And all because the last thing I'd told her was that if she stayed with that idiot, we would never be friends again. I hated myself because now she was gone and I couldn't even tell her I was sorry. I needed my friend back, the only one in my life that had been through it all with me until that asenine event occurred. What a fool I was.

The funeral was a private, family affair so I never got to go to it. Her family did invite me over afterwards, though. Her mom and I got to talk then. I'd always looked up to her mom for how cool she seemed, and even then in grief I had so much respect for her. When we were sitting there on the couch chatting, she said something that helped lift my spirit a little and not feel so devastated.

She'd told me that after she and Chad had broken up, Nikki had called her and had said that she had wished I would talk to her again so that she could say she was sorry. We both, in the end, just wanted to say we were sorry...and then, she was gone.

There are some days when I wish I could go back to that time and shrug it off. It was a petty, teenage thing to do and had blinded me to the bigger picture. So, I guess this is my "I'm sorry, Nikki". Seeing that episode of Glee just brought that memory back...I was going to do a video about it but it would have taken too long, heh. Even as I write, I'm kind of bawling.

So what about you, Miz? Has a close friend of yours passed? Were there things you wished you could say but never got the chance to? You don't have to share if you don't want to, but I would encourage you to at least listen to this goodie by Springsteen

x

(c) Phoenix
Harrier
Harrier than you

Office
Scrapbook
Journal

PreviousNext