Solo Gathering Supplies

Marcus goes to market and spends a lot of Mizas.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Gathering Supplies

Postby Marcus Ahysen on August 9th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Timestamp: 30th of Summer, 513 AV - Morning

Marcus was in the market. A few days ago he had been informed that, on the 40th, he was to travel with Clyde Sullins to Nyka, and then to Zeltiva, for a mission involving some sort of magical weapon that would ultimately be used to attack Syliras. Marcus was not entirely sure of all the details, since most magical procedures were beyond his scope of knowledge, but he did know two things. The first was that his job was to act as a diplomat, for the most part, and represent the Black Sun while on the mission. The second was that he needed supplies.

Marcus had never traveled before, other than a few short excursions into the forests around Lake Ravok. He had no idea what he needed. He knew that later he would buy a horse, and probably a pack mule as well, but first he needed to stock up on supplies. Rations for the road were one thing he would need, but those could wait to be delivered until the day he actually left to ensure freshness. But there were many other things he probably needed.

His first stop was at a clothing shop, where he purchased some riding boots, a new cloak, and a fancy hat. He already had other clothing which would be appropriate for the trip, but the boots were a must. The cloak and hat were simply bought on a whim. His second stop was at a vendor that sold basic traveling gear.

"Good day," Marcus greeted the man, the mizas in his pouch jingling as he approached. "I need to purchase supplies. I will be traveling to Nyka on horseback, but I don't have any gear. What should I buy?"

Of course, Marcus was a bit of a sap when it came to shopping. The merchant showed him all manner of wares, and Marcus bought most of it. From essentials like rope and and tent, to luxury items like soap, silverware, and even a few poultices and tinctures. Marcus went away quite a few mizas poorer, but he had plenty of essential (and some luxury) supplies to last him for the trip. All in all, the agent was pleased. Most of the money came from his mission stipend anyway, though a few of the items he spent his own coin on. Mainly the ones that he planned to keep.

Ledger :

OOCIf you're wondering about the Black Sun Allowance, check the Black Sun lore. Members get an allowance separate from their normal pay specifically for mission expenses.
Last edited by Marcus Ahysen on August 21st, 2013, 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Words: 119215
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Gathering Supplies

Postby Marcus Ahysen on August 9th, 2013, 10:02 pm

The next thing on Marcus to do list involved heading to the lake shore, which took a few bells, but once he arrived he quickly made his way to the stables. He wanted a horse for riding, and one for packing. Marcus knew even less about horses than he did about travel in general, but that wasn't going to stop him from purchasing one of the creatures.

"Hello! I need to purchase a couple horses. One is for personal use and I want to ride it, but the other I just need for carrying or pulling some heavy weight. I'm going to be doing some traveling, and I don't want to have to carry all my supplies by hand."

The stable master, upon recognizing Marcus as a fellow of wealth, happily agreed to help him. The first order of business was the pack animal, and the man had just the horse for that. Well.. mule, actually.

Image"This one's name is Belch. He's a sturdy feller, a bit stubborn, but you can pack 'im down much as ya want and he wont stop, or hook 'im up to a cart if that's what ya wanna do with 'im."

Marcus walked over to the mule, examining him as if he knew what he was doing. He was a simple fellow. Brown, not very big, but not small either. He looked sturdy enough, and if he could pull a cart, that was all that mattered to Marcus. He only intended to keep the mule as long as he needed it, and after that he would sell the thing off.

"I'll take him. What else do I need for it?"

"Right this way sir, and I'll get you all set up."

Marcus ended up purchasing a number of things for the mule. A cart, basic tack and other things of that nature, all of which Marcus would have to figure out how to hook up later. All in all, he had not spent that much money, but he expected the horse would be what really hurt his miza purse. Luckily, he was counting the mule as part of his mission expenses, so it wasn't going to hurt his pockets that bad.

Ledger :
From Black Sun Allowance:

8gm - Mule named "Belch"
1sm - Halter
7gm - Yoke, horse
2gm - Cart Harness
15gm - Cart (3 person)
5gm - Pack Saddle
1gm - Saddle Pad
2gm - 2 Small Chests
80gm - 2 Average Locks
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Gathering Supplies

Postby Marcus Ahysen on August 9th, 2013, 10:26 pm

All that was left was to buy a horse of his own. Whatever he bought, he intended to keep it, so he wanted to make sure it was a good one. Of course, Marcus barely had any time to learn to ride, so he wanted one that was well trained and wasn't going to give him a lot of problems. Telling that to the stable master, he was led out to the back to view the horses.

"Now, well trained is gonna cost you extra, but we do have a few up fer sale. This one 'ere is a feisty one, but 'es a beaut. Ravok bloodbane. Purest you can get outide the Ebonstryfe itself. He's trained fer battle. Only problem is you gotta give 'im meat. Not like a normal 'orse."

ImageMarcus passed on the bloodbane. He had no interest in a mean, meat eating horse that was liable to eat him in his sleep. No, Marcus wanted something a bit calmer.. but still unique. And that is when he saw her. At the end of the stables, shimmering in the morning light, was a golden palomino mare, a Gilding, in fact.

"What is that," Marcus asked, approaching the horse slowly in an almost awestruck manner. "It's beautiful."

"That's Natalia. She's a Gilding. See the way she shimmers in the sunlight? In the dark, she glows."

"Glows? That's.. perfect. Is she trained?"

"Good as any horse I've shown you. She aint a warhorse, but she'll do you well. Price is two hundred mizas, iffin yer interested."

"I am," Marcus immediately replied, "I'll take her. And I'll need a saddle.. and whatever else you need for a horse. And I'd like to come back tomorrow for some lessons. I will pay you for that."

The stable master was quite pleased to help Marcus, accepting his mizas readily and getting him everything he needed. Marcus arranged for stabling and feed until he left, and set up a time to come in for lessons. He would have preferred more time to master the art of riding, but he at the very least needed to know the basics. All in all.. Marcus had spent a lot of Mizas, but he was quite pleased.

Ledger :
From Personal Ledger:
200gm - Extensively trained Gilding named Natalia
10gm - Riding Saddle
4gm - Small Saddle Bags
1gm - Saddle Pad
1sm - Halter
2gm - Bit and Bridle
1sm - 20lbs of Feed
10gm - 10 Days of Stabling for two horses
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Gathering Supplies

Postby Abstract on October 14th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Grade Awarded!

Marcus

Skills

~ Observation - 1

Lores

~ Shopping for a mission
~ Buying a Horse

Other

Deduct 283gm, 2sm from your ledger for all the personal purchases! Also, add all the items to your possessions...

Notes

Nothing much to give, but enjoy your horse! The glowing in the dark will be... useful...

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)