Closed Parley of Tyrants (Nira/Eri/Ball)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Parley of Tyrants (Nira/Eri/Ball)

Postby Eridanus on January 10th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Eridanus nodded silently, his eyes churning an inconceivable light blue that spoke of gratefulness and appreciation for Imass' understanding in the matter. Some of the tension was lifted in the area, and it could be seen in the vantha's slightly uplifted shoulders as though some sort of invisible pressure was being released. Yet, the air around them remained heavy even with this new breeze of moderate calm.

When it was clear that Nira'lia was out of danger, Eridanus faced his Knight companion. He had a feeling that it was a different type of talk that the akalak desired, and then his instincts were proven right when the blue man raised his blade.

In other times the moonchild would have derided such emotional prioritization, deeming such an opponent unworthy for him to draw his own blades. In other times, he would have deemed it sufficient to defeat such an opponent with his fists.

But not now.

He understood the dynamics of the situation and what was at stake. Honor, chivalry, dignity and friendship. If he ever considered Imass as a friend and comrade, and if he ever wanted to keep the akalak as a trusted companion, this conversation must be met with honor.

And thus honor he would give. He knew that Imass would want nothing less.

The vantha squared his shoulders, drawing both blades steadily one by one. As he drew each sword, he passed his hand over the edge quickly, wrapping the sharp end with an arcane barrier that blunted its sharpness, essentially turning his blades into sword-shaped clubs for all intents and purposes. For the sake of Imass' honor, he would not go easy on the knight, yet he was unwilling to kill the man accidentally.

His eyes churned a dark, swirling purple, a maelstrom of mixed thoughts and feelings screaming out from the windows of his soul. Would Imass understand his actions? Would the man know that he was doing this for the akalak's sake? It was, in a way, a non-purposeful test of their bonds and of their friendship, for them to read each other and to converse without words.

The master swordsman stood at bay, his posture a fearsome depiction of death and destruction. Even as he stood still, the ground and air around him seemed to rumble with an ominous hum, synchronizing with his attempts at tuning himself with his gods and his soul.

Flux threads flared up within his soul, ready to be grasped at any moment, and adrenaline began to fill his body, his suppressed love for battle singing joyously. With his will, his honor and his friendship, under the guidance of Wysar's Evantia, Yahal's Ennervism and Myri's Prowess, Eridanus would prove his grace to the knight.

The vantha only hoped that Imass understood.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Imass on February 23rd, 2013, 12:34 am

Letting Eridanus say some words to Nira'lia, the Knight looked at his standard bearer Ball, "Go into the tent with Nira'lia, my squire, and guard her now and on all her journey until that day her fate is decided by Avalis. You will see this Konti through to the end, regardless of the consequences," The Knight said firm, but with a voice of love. Imass' eyes shown with passion at the progress Ball had made thus far.

Kneeling on the floor now he showed Ball his Sylir Gnosis mark, "Remember the vow you took. Know that what I today do is out of Duty to the people of Syliras. You and I swore our lives to this cause and we shall never compromise on Sylir's most sacred ideals. Ball. It is time you grew up a little. I love you like my own son, but I need to you to have faith in me until the end. I swear by Sylir's own mark on my body, that I believe in entrusting this Duty to you, because you are strong and brave and hopefully a full brother one day." (The two had yet to fight on the fields of battle) If the Knight died he wanted to leave Ball with the best positive reinforcement he could; the young Pycon would not understand the quarrels of men.

Standing back up he waited until Ball left with banner and konti down the hill to guard her. Then he continued his moment with Eridanus.

Imass pointed his sword at the Son of Leth and picked up the shield pushed into the floor nearby. The great round shield was tall and battered with use. The weapon built for an Akalak's strength. He held the shield close to his heart covering face down to thigh when he was in a stance.

The Knight dropped his chin down and but kept his face up to look down on Eridanus. His whole entire back was straight. He lead with his right foot forward and his left foot directly behind him at a forty five degree angle. His sword was brought up to his temple and held parrallel to the floor.

For the benefit of the Eth Imass expressed himself, "You are a master swordsman Lord Eridanus. Shake the dusty books for a minute and show a mortal the old techniques," He made it absolutely clear that this was to be a match of emotion and style, because Eridanus was new to the ways of Knights. He did not care for the man's magic and boons. He wanted to see the raw Eridanus. He wanted to speak to him we the blade. As a friend and brother.

The Knight waited for Eridanus to choose a stance.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on March 8th, 2013, 7:52 am

Ball wasn’t entirely shocked that Imass wanted his squire to take the Konti with him back to camp and seclude them in a tent; it was only the smart thing to do. The pycon was shocked however when his liege lord gave him the duty in protecting Nira’lia in her journey back home to Mura to find out her fate with the Knights. The squire did as he was asked though, climbing onto his mount once again he looked at Nira, “Dis. Wah.Aye.”[‘This way.’]

Motioning back towards camp the squire could be seen spinning slowly in place on his small mount, his knightly sponsor knew just how much his squire hated seeing others get attacked, and he also knew just how much Ball could do to stop an attack, or at least slow it down. Yet this was an honor thing, and Ball knew he could not intervene even if he wanted to.

Ball could only recall small parts of Imass’ speech, He spoke of honoring my oath… Duty to the people of Home… He also said I was like a son to him… The ball of clay rotated in his position and finally stopped spinning as the dog slowly took his rider back to camp.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Perplexity on October 17th, 2013, 2:09 am

Riddled with Rewards!

Ball
Riding: Dog +1 XP
Acrobatics +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores :
  • Oathbound: To Uphold The Laws of Syliras

Nira’lia
Running +1 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Observation +1 XP

Lores :
  • The Road Ahead: In Search of Purpose

Notes :
There really wasn’t much that I could award for the two of you. I am sorry about that. PM me with questions, comments or concerns.

Eridanus- Your CS is in need of some attention. An update on the ledger is required. Contact me once this is done.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Dove Brown on May 3rd, 2016, 2:39 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Imass
Skills
  • Intimidation 3
  • Leadership 2
  • Rhetoric 4
  • Persuasion 3
  • Negotiation 3
  • Politics 1
  • Weapon: Broadsword 1
  • Weapon: Shield 1
Lores
  • Innocence is harder to face than any man
  • Duty and honour are hard masters
  • Those who discover our secrets must join the knighthood or die.
  • Eridanus: does not understand knights
  • What knighthood means to me

Comments:Great old thread. Enjoy your grades.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Previous